Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please (961 Views)

My New Excel Dashboard / I Will Create Beautiful And Responsive Webpages For Your Business. / I Will Create Beautiful And Responsive Webpages For Your Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by Uas36(m): 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2022
Check it out please

file:///storage/emulated/0/Aaaaaaa/Wonderful/index.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by Xedmark: 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
I don't get why what should be "sign in" or "login" is "Register" plus Show your codes as well? What you are doing is like asking people to judge the CSS design/Layout of a website. Your score will still square to minus zero even if the design/layout is better than this.

Your code is the your hard work, let's see.
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by TastyFriedPussy: 3:47pm On Aug 19, 2022
One of the most ugly pieces of web dev sh*t I have ever seen in my life tongue
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by Fourpockets: 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

It's his first, at least give him your advice not just trash his work

And morrover, it's 3 times better than nairaland login page if we're being honest
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2022
How do we actually check it out if it's still hosted in your laptop

angry
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by namikaze: 5:13pm On Aug 19, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
cope

2 Likes

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by majesticguy: 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2022
It's ok. Although I'd advise you to take on more daunting projects, that project up there, doesn't even equate to drinking milk. Peruse through YouTube for set by step process involved in websites creation while making use of HTML CSS and JAVASCRIPT....

But first of all, ensure you are well acquainted with as many concepts as possible in HTML CSS and JavaScript. It'd really aid your learning process.

I also started a couple of months ago, and not to blow my trumpet, it going very well for me. Here's one of my first and least project when I started a while back. Least because I am much more better now.

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by majesticguy: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

If you want to criticize, constructively criticize him.

2 Likes

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by RepoMan007: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
Many crazy folks on NL. The guy says it is his first. Just rate the layout and stop acting like digital gods.

6 Likes

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by RepoMan007: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
majesticguy:

If you want to criticize, constructively criticize him.
exactly. No feedback on areas to upgrade or what he sees wrong. Just UGLY. This isn't a five star rating system where the feedback is only one parameter.

The poster should learn to align visual elements in a symmetric or well gridded manner and can improve the color choices.

2 Likes

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by RepoMan007: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
majesticguy:
It's ok. Although I'd advise you to take on more daunting projects, that project up there, doesn't even equate to drinking milk. Peruse through YouTube for set by step process involved in websites creation while making use of HTML CSS and JAVASCRIPT....

But first of all, ensure you are well acquainted with as many concepts as possible in HTML CSS and JavaScript. It'd really aid your learning process.

I also started a couple of months ago, and not to blow my trumpet, it going very well for me. Here's one of my first and least project when I started a while back. Least because I am much more better now.
Looks colorful and bright. Is this tied to a back end or just HTML and CSS idea?

1 Like

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by RepoMan007: 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
@ poster, for design ideas to challenge you and improve you, go to professional market places like amazon or any web design seller and grab a screenshot there, then try to recreate bits of it with different pictures. That's better challenge. How many weeks have you been learning?/

1 Like

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by majesticguy: 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2022
RepoMan007:
Looks colorful and bright. Is this tied to a back end or just HTML and CSS idea?

Looks colourful?? Lolz... You flatter me.... It isn't tied to any back end. It's just a simple site with HTML, CSS and a little bit of JAVASCRIPT for the responsiveness on small screen devices.
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by RepoMan007: 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2022
majesticguy:

Looks colourful?? Lolz... You flatter me.... It isn't tied to any back end. It's just a simple site with HTML, CSS and a little bit of JAVASCRIPT for the responsiveness on small screen devices.
responsiveness doesn't need JS from what I know. So you go in and write JS to change style when screen size changes? That sounds cumbersome.

1 Like

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by majesticguy: 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2022
RepoMan007:
@ poster, for design ideas to challenge you and improve you, go to professional market places like amazon or any web design seller and grab a screenshot there, then try to recreate bits of it with different pictures. That's better challenge. How many weeks have you been learning?/

Gbam! You've said it all.. This is the best advice ever.

But I don't think the OP is really acquainted or well vast with the basic concepts and topics in front end dev. If he were, he wouldn't be starting with just FORM....

For one to make a complete sentence, you need to have a mastery of the alphabets. The best advice for him would be to start from those topics relating to concepts in HTML CSS and JAVASCRIPT, before moving to recreation of projects.
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by majesticguy: 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
RepoMan007:
responsiveness doesn't need JS from what I know. So you go in and write JS to change style when screen size changes? That sounds cumbersome.

By responsiveness, what I meant was the nav menu. Giving a function to my nav button to Toggle the display of the nav menu on and off on small screen devices.
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by majesticguy: 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
RepoMan007:

Lolz...... Come to think of it, it's not really that cumbersome. There's this landing page for Nike which i am working on presently(personal project). I actually go into my JS to change the style of my webpage via the onclick function which i applied to an element on the HTML.
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by jikins(m): 7:07am On Aug 20, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:

This is one of the dumbest comment I have read on nairaland. You can't do yet you dey criticize even to criticize self you nor sabi. Na only ugly dey your head nothing else.

I am very sure you didn't even spot anything sensible to talk about. Na why you default to your useless default settings. Nothing original just want to follow the crowd of those who ridicule people's work here on nairaland. Even to follow the crowd self you nor sabi. Do you see any of those guys raining insults on people just starting out?

It's very clear that this guy just did a course on html and a little CSS and wanted to build something himself with the little he has learnt and he did. Which is more than you have ever done in your life. Instead of you to be on your pc learning and writing code na audio programming review work you come do for nairaland. Trust me if this guy keeps this up, learning then using what he has learnt to build something. By this time next year he would be so much better. While you if you don't change your ways by this time next year you will still be doing ugly on nairaland with nothing to show. Use your head

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 20, 2022
jikins:

This is one of the dumbest comment I have read on nairaland. You can't do yet you dey criticize even to criticize self you nor sabi. Na only ugly dey your head nothing else.

I am very sure you didn't even spot anything sensible to talk about. Na why you default to your useless default settings. Nothing original just want to follow the crowd of those who ridicule people's work here on nairaland. Even to follow the crowd self you nor sabi. Do you see any of those guys raining insults on people just starting out?

It's very clear that this guy just did a course on html and a little CSS and wanted to build something himself with the little he has learnt and he did. Which is more than you have ever done in your life. Instead of you to be on your pc learning and writing code na audio programming review work you come do for nairaland. Trust me if this guy keeps this up, learning then using what he has learnt to build something. By this time next year he would be so much better. While you if you don't change your ways by this time next year you will still be doing ugly on nairaland with nothing to show. Use your head

The guy is a certified failure.

He already failed to get medicine as a courses hence hate any medical practitioner who decides to change path and delve into tech

Also bagged multiple Fs in the soil science course he got in POSTUTME and have dropped out of school.

Now he's lashing his frustration on anyone who's making progress no matter how little

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by platymus: 10:08am On Aug 20, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Tell me what you know how to do better, since you are condemning another person's work! Nonsense
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by jbreezy: 11:20am On Aug 20, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
I’ve never seen a sensible comment from you before. Are you that damaged? My first project wasn’t even as good as op’s..So just keep your bitterness to yourself and stop showing the world how foolish a toxic person can be.
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by RepoMan007: 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2022
jbreezy:
I’ve never seen a sensible comment from you before. Are you that damaged? My first project wasn’t even good as op’s..So just keep your bitterness to yourself and stop showing the world how foolish a toxic person can be.
he is a fetish human being. He ties people's destinies down bad opinions. He has many monikers. He is bitter to the core. Avoid him. He offers no constructive criticism that will spur the poster to go back and make amends or improvements but prefers to slam the whole effort down in his bid to demoralize. His actual target is one particular Nairalander but he needs to criticize all to be sure he nails his target. That's how evil & hedonistic he is in real life.
Avoid his opinions!

2 Likes

Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2022
Even with simple HTML and CSS without even grid and flexbox you can do signs and wonders.
This is what you can do
*Colour: Make sure your background colour is as appealing as much as possible. You can use an image for the background to make it quite appealing by reducing the opacity or increasing it or even use a light background colour but the components like the font colour, buttons should be put into consideration.
* EFFECTS
Make sure you add effects. With only shadow your page can be very extraordinary meanwhile it is just simple. Font-style, Font-size, text-decoration, box models, text-tra forms. It's alot but just a simple tweak here and there and you will be the very ordinary things look extra-ordinary.
You can do better sincerely. I started learning HTML and CSS July and I built a simple website for a school in my area. Even now sef there are apps that you can use pick and drop components and save your time . You're doing well and you will reap your effort.
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by TastyFriedPussy: 5:52pm On Aug 21, 2022
jbreezy:
I’ve never seen a sensible comment from you before. Are you that damaged? My first project wasn’t even as good as op’s..So just keep your bitterness to yourself and stop showing the world how foolish a toxic person can be.
and you'll never see tongue
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by TastyFriedPussy: 5:53pm On Aug 21, 2022
platymus:

Tell me what you know how to do better, since you are condemning another person's work! Nonsense
I know how to play football better tongue and I don't criticise another persons work, I criticise nonsense. What the guy did is ugly and nonsense. If it was good, I would say it, but it's not, so? tongue
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by TastyFriedPussy: 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
jikins:

I don't care. When I see something that is ugly, I call it what it is, "ugly".... He could have made something more beautiful with the little he has learnt ( as you said) but he didn't so? tongue
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by jikins(m): 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
I don't care. When I see something that is ugly, I call it what it is, "ugly".... He could have made something more beautiful with the little he has learnt ( as you said) but he didn't so? tongue

Not surprised you don't care. What do you expect from someone who lacks the technical skills to appreciate progress when he sees it. You've only further proved my point as to how dumb your comments are. Like I said keep this up next year you will still be doing ugly with nothing to show. A word is usually enough for the wise I won't waste my breath anymore.
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by platymus: 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
I know how to play football better tongue and I don't criticise another persons work, I criticise nonsense. What the guy did is ugly and nonsense. If it was good, I would say it, but it's not, so? tongue
You are not even a programmer!
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by jikins(m): 7:07pm On Aug 21, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

The guy is a certified failure.

He already failed to get medicine as a courses hence hate any medical practitioner who decides to change path and delve into tech

Also bagged multiple Fs in the soil science course he got in POSTUTME and have dropped out of school.

Now he's lashing his frustration on anyone who's making progress no matter how little

I actually saw his post about medical courses people I was just laughing grin grin. People way nor send am and all his rants.

You could clearly see the hate is as a result of something else not them joining programming. The soil science bit is funny though, I believe your just joking on that part but then again don't care to know him that well to find out either way.

I tend not to give my time to selfish and toxic people who are out for only their progress and hate others progressing. These people make bad programmers in the end with their poor collaborative attitude.
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by majesticguy: 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2022
Zeeknow3245:
Even with simple HTML and CSS without even grid and flexbox you can do signs and wonders.
This is what you can do
*Colour: Make sure your background colour is as appealing as much as possible. You can use an image for the background to make it quite appealing by reducing the opacity or increasing it or even use a light background colour but the components like the font colour, buttons should be put into consideration.
* EFFECTS
Make sure you add effects. With only shadow your page can be very extraordinary meanwhile it is just simple. Font-style, Font-size, text-decoration, box models, text-tra forms. It's alot but just a simple tweak here and there and you will be the very ordinary things look extra-ordinary.

You can do better sincerely. I started learning HTML and CSS July and I built a simple website for a school in my area. Even now sef there are apps that you can use pick and drop components and save your time . You're doing well and you will reap your effort.

I like this guy already. No offense bro, but what sort of signs and wonders do hope to achieve without grid and flex box. Those 2 are like the corner Stone of an attractive webpage. Unless he's only interested in creating just form

I also started learning march this year.
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by jikins(m): 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
majesticguy:

I like this guy already. No offense bro, but what sort of signs and wonders do hope to achieve without grid and flex box. Those 2 are like the corner Stone of an attractive webpage. Unless he's only interested in creating just form

Oh you didn't know there was a time when there was no flex box or grid. You can do alot of things flex box and grid helps you with just that it will take you more lines of css
Re: My New Webpages, It's My First. Mentors Advice Please by CyberHustle: 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2022
majesticguy:

Before grid CSS there were many great designs so stop that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Urgent Notes On Information Technology / Career Opportunity For Perl Programmers (Linux And mySQL Required) / I Want To Learn Computer Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.