Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro (1005 Views)

Am Princess Neighbor, The Girl Is Above 24yrs - Comedian Sir Koro Says / Ric Hassani Robbed At Gunpoint By Men Posing As Soldiers / Charles Inojie Robbed At Gunpoint In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by Omihanifa: 4:23am On May 15, 2021
Actor and comedian, Abimbola Olasunbo, aka Sir Koro, was a ‘trending topic’ on social media recently when he alleged that a 14-year-old girl allegedly assaulted by another actor, Olanrewaju Omiyinka, aka Baba Ijesha, was not a minor but over 25 years old. In a video he posted on social media, Sir Koro had alleged that Baba Ijesha was in a relationship with both the girl and her foster mother, Princess. However, in a dramatic twist, Sir Koro, stated that he made those allegations under duress.

However, in yet another u-turn, Sir Koro told Saturday Beats that he actually meant all he said in the first video and that he was forced to recant his words at gunpoint.

In an interview with our correspondent, he said, “The first video I made was my true stance on that issue. The second video where I apologised was actually the one I made under duress. On that day, I was walking on the road when a power bike parked in front of me. They asked me which video I posted the day before, and I asked them what their business was with that. But, when I saw that they had a gun, I asked them what they wanted from me. They threatened to kill me right there and throw my corpse into the lagoon if I did not listen to them. They asked me to do a video refuting everything I said in the first video I made. I was told to claim I made that first video under duress. They said if I did not do their bidding, my life wasn’t safe. I asked them whether I should post the video on social media or send it to Iyabo Ojo, but they claimed not to know her.”

Asked if he reported the incident to the police, Koro said, “My lawyer told me to report to the police but those guys explicitly warned me not to report to the police.”

Asked how he knew the girl was older than 14 as he alleged, the comedian said, “She does not look like a 14-year-old girl. Where Princess lives is not far from where I stay. The girl in question is mature already. I have seen her physically and the information I gathered from those close to Princess is that the girl is older than 14. I was actually told that the girl has a bank account and if checks are made on her bank verification number, her real age would be revealed. A friend of mine who now lives in Dubai told me that he registered for the BVN at the same time with the girl.

I often saw Baba Ijesha and Princess together. Even before Princess got married. What kind of friendship would make her sponsor his education, even to the level of securing an English teacher for him and sending him to London (United Kingdom). People in the area often saw them together.”

Reacting to claims that he was seeking cheap publicity, he said, “There are so many secrets I am aware of that would have helped me gain popularity if I reveal them. It is God that gives fame. After I made the videos, which fame have I got? Nobody has given me money. Even Baba Ijesha or any of his family members have not called me over the issue. Everything I said in the video is true and I stand by my words.”

Though many have said that the comedian’s actions amounted to victim shaming and could discourage other rape or assault victims from speaking out, Koro disagreed. He said, “Any child that was truly raped should be able to tell her parents or guardians about it. If a seven-year-old child is raped, a true parent or guardian should notice it.”

https://punchng.com/baba-ijesha-i-denied-my-claims-at-gunpoint-says-sir-koro/

Cc lalasticlala

Re: Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by Coldshisha: 4:27am On May 15, 2021
grin

Bushmeat don dey catch the hunters

The Future is V mail folks are going to show Ned Nwoke, Baba Ijesha , R-Kelly, bills Cosby pepper

Before going out always caution your damn self

Re: Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by Nobody: 4:33am On May 15, 2021
Something happened somewhere which is yet to be known, but why Bleep mother and daughter?
Re: Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by Nobody: 4:36am On May 15, 2021
So the guys that threatened you have called you on phone to say okay oooo we no threaten again oooo, come and talk the truth ooo.

If this is the best he can do then it's no surprise that his career never blew.

3 Likes

Re: Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by 151487made(m): 4:46am On May 15, 2021
Na d most useless case ever b dis baba ijesha case. No head no tail. The issue just be like Nigeria no head no tail wahala.

1 Like

Re: Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by clarocuzioo(m): 5:31am On May 15, 2021
Please can this girl's BVN be checked so that we know her real age as it is of great importance to this case.

I think Princess is trying to get back at Baba Ijesha for chopping and dumping her.

1 Like

Re: Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by LawLord247: 6:03am On May 15, 2021
Ok
Re: Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by mayklef(m): 6:13am On May 15, 2021
so the girl real age dey your korokoro eyes?
Re: Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by gasparpisciotta: 6:32am On May 15, 2021
Drama everywhere
Re: Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by heartbraker(m): 7:41am On May 15, 2021
only if this man can read peoples body language, he wont fall 4 dis cheap trap.
Re: Baba Ijesha: I Denied My Claims At Gunpoint, Says Sir Koro by LyfeJennings(m): 12:46am On May 21, 2021
clarocuzioo:
Please can this girl's BVN be checked so that we know her real age as it is of great importance to this case.

I think Princess is trying to get back at Baba Ijesha for chopping and dumping her.
Exactly

(1) (Reply)

Bbnaija Angel Show Her kitten To White Money & Queen To See (video) / Bbnaija: Photos Of Nini’s Boyfriend Finally Surfaces On The Internet / Bobrisky: "I Am The Richest & Most Patronized Ashawo In Nigeria": Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.