Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family (924 Views)

What Are The Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Raising A Child As A Single Parent? / Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? / How Much Is The Cost Of A DNA Paternity Test In Nigerian Hospitals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by micariice(m): 8:56pm On May 15, 2021
I have a girlfriend that I love so much and at the moment we are about to start living together and she will get pregnant in the first year of living together and I want to know how much it really cost to raise a family when you have 2-3 children in this modern age for me to plan ahead
Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by Cutehector(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2021
This man! cheesy
Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by Richy4(m): 11:07am On May 16, 2021
micariice:
I have a girlfriend that I love so much and at the moment we are about to start living together and she will get pregnant in the first year of living together and I want to know how much it really cost to raise a family when you have 2-3 children in this modern age for me to plan ahead

Your level of certainty is so cute... cool

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by ojotobiloba1: 11:15am On May 16, 2021
micariice:
You can't just calculate it man, it's like calculating how much u have spent from 2015 till date.. How God will do it is none your concerns . Just work hard and stay focus. That's all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by Pavore9: 11:33am On May 16, 2021
micariice:

Living together as husband and wife or boyfriend and girlfriend that you are already planning 2-3 children?

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by GboyegaD(m): 12:53pm On May 16, 2021
Do you want to plan your budget on others reality?

Some family with a family size of 5 spend N100k monthly and some with same size spend at least N500k monthly.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by CareerBegger: 3:00pm On May 16, 2021
Start living together for a week long first.
Try and see if you can spend 15k in a week apart from clothing. Then multiply 4 weeks by 15k..

The current economic realities will shock you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by Ishilove: 3:19pm On May 16, 2021
Richy4:

Your level of certainty is so cute... cool
As in ehn cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by QuinModah(f): 6:06pm On May 16, 2021
grin
DStv
Electricity bill
Lawma
Feeding
Rent
Gas money
Generator for fuel
Servicing every 4 months
Her pads/ make up/ hair/ deodorant/ wigs/ clothing every 2 months

Then when she gets pregnant
Clothes because the ones he has no longer fits
Antenatal 8k
Delivery
Private hospital 150k
General hospital 50k
Baby things refer to the health section but just budget 250k
Pampers and baby food 3000 every week( depending on the baby food)
Mama will come and do Omugwuo you will give we something when she is going 50k
Monthly stipends for Mama 15k monthly
Mother-in-law 20k monthly

Baby will start school
School uniform
School bag
School shoes
Textbook
PTA meeting
PE clothes
Lesson teacher
You wife may not like the school and want to change it or maybe work moves you to another location
You younger will have one issues or the other with money
Old boys meetings atleast you will want to show them you have arrived 5k every month

Oh! I forgot offering and tithe

I think this is a fair budget

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by potosky: 6:33pm On May 16, 2021
Abeg ask ur parent....abi u be orphan?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by crackhaus: 6:47pm On May 16, 2021
micariice:
Start with 1 child first, you will figure everything out on your own from then onwards...I assure you.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Raising A Family by ibechris(m): 7:10pm On May 16, 2021
Well,is it not better u marry that ur girl friend legally if truly u love her as u claimed.

Aside that,currently I have 3children and I must tell u the truth,reserve ur love for now and put ur financial house in order before u bring that beautiful lady in. Cost of running a house has gone up such that most families are not finding it easy these days except u want to live in a face me I face u kind of house.

Advice:
If ur wife isnt working,pls reserve at least one 500k naira down annually for ur children upkeep. Which include school fees,clothing excluding accommodation which when added,could gulp 1.2million.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Bata Ng Shoes / Traditional Health Benefits Of Scent Leaf (efinrin)for All Family / Finally: Truth About Marriage Age Unveiled!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.