Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada (13083 Views)

Aliko Dangote And His Ex Wife Meet, Years After Divorce (Photos) / Photos Of Aliko Dangote's Former Wife And Fatima's Mother / Abdulrahman Fasasi: Aliko Dangote's Adopted Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by nengibo: 9:25am On May 16, 2021
Brown paper Ibadan writer
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by banggy: 9:26am On May 16, 2021
Sales person needed!!

At Aguda, Surulere.
Call: 07034579079
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by agog: 9:32am On May 16, 2021
lalasticlala:
As written by Oluwole Dada, a Sales and Marketing Professional, Teacher, Counsellor, Administrator and Preacher.

https://twitter.com/oluwole_dada/status/1393663472446148609

Well written
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by MoIbrahim: 9:36am On May 16, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Some people are just specially gifted with "Oversabi..."

A man who cannot defend his yansh from being exposed by a young international runs girl is who Oluwole Dada is defending with all his might.

...and some are specially gifted with "undersabi". They cannot see beyond the surface. They are only able to see and think what the crowd is engaged with at any point in time.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by MoIbrahim: 9:39am On May 16, 2021
JooEeL:
In defence of Dangote, and he's moving terrorists into Yoruba land? And na my fellow Yoruba write this article so? shocked

Omo, mumu still plenty for this zoological republic. Black man seems to be permanently cursed.

We kuku know the shape of your head grin

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by Weedhustler: 9:39am On May 16, 2021
Mr oga if not for fed.govt backing , dangote won't this much influence!

Sleekfingers:

no one is holding you....you can start your own business too. Since dangote is milking nigerians......

Let me tell u, any business man will do exactly what dangote is doing.........
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by MoIbrahim: 9:42am On May 16, 2021
tempex88:
I saw it on twitter. The writer is theoretically right but practically wrong. Dangote is government and government is dangote.

How come when governments or parties change, he still remains upright while others collapse? IBB, Shonekan, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Obasanjo, Yaradua, Jonathan, Buhari... . And the man business no dey affected by all their political fights. Isn't that enough lesson?
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by flokii: 9:43am On May 16, 2021
Dangote is trying as a businessman no doubt but loopsided policies of government in his favour is why he is at the level he is now..

All the backward integration nonsense are to create market monopoly for people like Dangote, we won't allow such in the petroleum industry by allowing one man dictate what is and what isn't.

Monopoly kills economy more than the minute gains therein.. we say NO to monopoly and YES to fair market competition.

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by Seniorwriter(m): 9:46am On May 16, 2021
lalasticlala:
As written by Oluwole Dada, a Sales and Marketing Professional, Teacher, Counsellor, Administrator and Preacher.

https://twitter.com/oluwole_dada/status/1393663472446148609

This guy is the King of ASS LICKING JOURNALISTS!

@SeniorWriter

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by flokii: 9:48am On May 16, 2021
KingOdart:
Only IPOB Hate him, if Dangote was an Igbo man and you complain about him they would say you are just jealous of him.

Igbos tried similar thing with Innoson during GEJ tenure, trying to monopolize the automobile industry for him but failed.
Up till now, they are still forcing Innoson rhetoric down our throat but we ain't having any of it.
Everyone is welcome to compete.

1 Like

Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by InvertedHammer: 9:48am On May 16, 2021
PlayMaker14:

A man who cannot defend his yansh from being exposed by a young international runs girl is who Oluwole Dada is defending with all his might.
/
Na oyibo textbooks he read dey confuse am.

Pseudo-intellectual.

/
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by Ykc2(m): 9:48am On May 16, 2021
In western nations dangote will be serving 50 years imprisonment by now ,these yeye man did not tell us how dangote source his dollars,let me not talk about dangote trucks ,I swear if dangote take his business to western world he won't worth more 1bilion dollars,let him open his mouth one day and abuse any nigerian sitting president if his hands are clean ,see how some billionaires in America were busy abusing trump let dangote try and criticize one president let's see,
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by vineyardfarms: 9:52am On May 16, 2021
@ oluwoledada - thanks for sharing more light @ dangote's business success. You fail to mentioned about his @ fg tax exemptions/ favortism practices - sharp business practices - fight to near death with @ bua cement @ edo state north axis - turning villages against each other. @ hadiza - suspended- md- @ npa granting him special privilages- compertitors are not privijage to. I wish you can talk more on these factors @ oluwoledada.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by tempex88(m): 9:52am On May 16, 2021
MoIbrahim:

How come when governments or parties change, he still remains upright while others collapse? IBB, Shonekan, Abacha, Abdulsalam, Obasanjo, Yaradua, Jonathan, Buhari... . And the man business no dey affected by all their political fights. Isn't that enough lesson?

That is why I didn't mention political party. Government is government whether APC or PDP. That's why he doesn't involve in politics
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by MoIbrahim: 9:58am On May 16, 2021
tempex88:

That is why I didn't mention political party. Government is government whether APC or PDP. That's why he doesn't involve in politics

Businesses that thrive on government support characteristically collapse when power shifts to opposition, "enemy camp" or new power brokers. But this man is never affected.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by mofedamijo(m): 9:59am On May 16, 2021
Some of you here are blaming Dangote like he is the cause of your families poverty.

An average Nigerian businessman is worse than Dangote.

I heard on this forum that okirika top is now 4,000 naira. Yet you want dangote to sell cement for 1000 naira.

Back in the days when i was in Nigeria, my mechanic will remove a part from my car that is still very okay. But I just want to change it before it gets bad.

He sells the part to part dealers for probably 300 naira, they in turn sell it for 2000 naira. When you ask them, they will tell you its business.

Before you blame Dangote, blame yourself and others who place exuberant prices on their goods for no reason.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by tempex88(m): 10:09am On May 16, 2021
MoIbrahim:

Businesses that thrive on government support characteristically collapse when power shifts to opposition, "enemy camp" or new power brokers. But this man is never affected.

This applies to those that associates with political parties in government.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by overboard(m): 10:16am On May 16, 2021
Oluwole Dada is trying to make sense but his points, save for Cost Leadership - and in Dangote’s case is somewhat questionable or how it’s achieved is likely due to effects of favouritsm - so I’d beg to differ.

Differentiation is a factor he also mentioned and that totally misses the mark. He’s just made mention of a phenomenon that is not applicable to Dangote’s products. Dangote does not produce any product in the technology sector that fits into the form of what the gentleman is using as defense.

If he is talking about differentiation as may be applied to a wide range of product offerings across categories, then that makes it even more confusing...

Perhaps price differentiation is true for Dangote products, I can’t independently confirm as my personal experience doesn’t seem to support it. I could be wrong though.

However, for features, no; coverage, maybe; reputation, maybe.

Even using focus as a strategy leaves me miffed as he fails to hammer on how exactly Aliko utilizes this.

I’m still learning but to me, laser beam focus is not present at Dangote Industries as Dangote is a branded house with diverse products unless he means each category he enters into, he tops it through focus. Tell that to the marines when we talk of his noodles/flour foray.

Nonetheless, Dangote does employ tens of thousands of Nigerians and the impact of this singled out without reference to the alleged favoured-by-government and other perceived crimes is laudable.

And given the same opportunity, some may not be able to convert that grace to the money-spinning world class industries as Dangote has and for that at least, some enviable measure of intelligence and entrepreneurial prowess is present.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by Nobody: 10:30am On May 16, 2021
Dadandidi looking like a retárd
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by dfrost: 10:51am On May 16, 2021
To start with:

1. Dangote's cement is not the cheapest in the market and is not u to the standard touted by them. I stand to be corrected by experts in the building industry.

2. Trash, trash, trash. If one uses a principle, thought or learning and cannot apply it to his local setting or for the layman to understand, he is actually speaking to the winds. He still didn't prove anything.

PS: Wole Dada shouldn't have tried to do this. A child whose kernels are broken by the gods should learn to keep quiet most times.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by dfrost: 10:56am On May 16, 2021
shegzhkn:
Pseudo intellectual suffering from dunnings kruger effect - lacking the skill set to unravel his own incompetence.

If Dangote was a citizen of a free society where everyone is treated equally, a society where everyone plays by the same rule their is no freaking way in hell he'd be successful, dude cannot even inspire.

Few weeks ago i read Yahoo and Aol will be sold to appollo for 5B USD, understand this is the same Yahoo that rule in the 2000s and infact in 1999 made a revenue of about 589M USD while Google now Alphabet inc was making just 200k USD but what happen - Google pagerank (Disruption).

Before Facebook we have Myspace and a host of other social networking site that seem unbeatable at the time - we know where their graveyard is.

Dangote is only rich because by default the Government will help knock out his would be competition to retain his dominance.

Succinctly said:

1. Dunnings Kruger effect

2. The bolded, albeit he has business acumen but boosted by government policies favouring him.

Same person was part of the debtors that made Oceanic Bank crumble today. How soon people forget.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by dfrost: 11:01am On May 16, 2021
MoIbrahim:

Sorry but note that businessmen realign faster than even politicians themselves.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by dfrost: 11:03am On May 16, 2021
mofedamijo:
So of you here are blaming Dangote like he is the cause of your families poverty.

An average Nigerian businessman is worse than Dangote.

I heard on this forum that okirika top is now 4,000 naira. Yet you want dangote to sell cement for 1000 naira.

Back in the days when i was in Nigeria, my mechanic will remove a part from my car that is still very okay. But I just want to change it before it gets bad.

He sells the part to part dealers for probably 300 naira, they in turn sell it for 2000 naira. When you ask them, they will tell you its business.

Before you blame Dangote, blame yourself and others you place exuberant prices on their goods for no reason.

I agree totally with you albeit the focus of the thread in on Dangote. Agreed that most Nigerians have this inherent attitude of 'sharp practice'.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by dfrost: 11:04am On May 16, 2021
Seniorwriter:

This guy is the King of ASS LICKING JOURNALISTS!

@SeniorWriter

He's not a journalist. As per as.slicking, I agree with you.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by fykes(m): 11:20am On May 16, 2021
Aliko is d face of dangote group. The man is a creation of the government and is sustained by the government.
His is not a business as it where, its a racketeering deal for the high and mighty in the land
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by Sleekfingers: 11:35am On May 16, 2021
Weedhustler:

Mr oga if not for fed.govt backing , dangote won't this much influence!

thats my point.....dangote got friends in high places.....and he is using it strategically for his business.......no buisnessman would fail to grab such an opportunity.......
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by Nobody: 11:40am On May 16, 2021
Let me reserve this space to when Dangote cement will be sold for 1k,then I will come back to comment
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by naijadrivablog: 11:46am On May 16, 2021
A young man schooling in Europe gave Aliko Dangote as an example of a CEO in the world but his lecturer joking said that Dangote isn't qualified to be a CEO.

let's say the truth, he enjoys undue advantage and can't be this successful in a free capitalist economy.
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by jaxxy(m): 11:46am On May 16, 2021
PlayMaker14:

This dangote argument is most based on tribal affiliations and sentiments. Which successful businessman didn’t get government backing or help from politicians at some point especially in Nigeria?

Pls dangote did well to romance with government enough to get their approvals not just from one particular administration bt all successive ones without loosing favor if u think that is easy go and try it.

Even in the us the once richest man Rockefeller achieved monopoly using government connections and influence. If dangote didn’t use it someone else smart enough will.

I can only kick against his wrong practices or abuse of his seeming monopoly to take undue advantage of the masses asides that opportunity is there for the taking.

Igbos should give dangote a break. grin
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by naijadrivablog: 11:49am On May 16, 2021
CrimeKsmart:
Na only Igbos hate this man and that's their trademark "hatred".

Oga, take economic lessons. The man is enjoying " favoritism".
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by Bunsenbun(m): 11:52am On May 16, 2021
shegzhkn:
Pseudo intellectual suffering from dunning kruger effect - lacking the skill set to unravel his own incompetence.

If Dangote was a citizen of a free society where everyone is treated equally, a society where everyone plays by the same rule their is no freaking way in hell he'd be successful, dude cannot even inspire.

Few weeks ago i read Yahoo and AOL will be sold to Apollo for 5B USD, understand this is the same Yahoo that rule in the 2000s and infact in 1999 made a revenue of about 589M USD while Google now Alphabet inc was making just 200k USD but what happen - Google pagerank (Disruption).

Before Facebook we have Myspace and a host of other social networking site that seem unbeatable at the time - we know where their graveyard is.

Dangote is only rich because by default the Government will help knock out his would be competition to retain his dominance.

Before dangote were people not building houses with cements?
Hate the man as much as you want but tou trying to pin down his success to "government empowerment" is just ridiculous.The same government we all agree can't manage anything?
Re: In Defense Of Aliko Dangote By Oluwole Dada by jaxxy(m): 11:55am On May 16, 2021
tempex88:
I saw it on twitter. The writer is theoretically right but practically wrong. Dangote is government and government is dangote.

Is it only one government that has been ruling this country for over 5 decades? Abi government no change?

He obviously was doing Smtn right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 21 Richest People In Nigeria 2013: The Full List / Igbo Ingenuity And Resilience From 2×2 To Mega (photos) / MTN Data Recharge Card For SME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.