Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? (10720 Views)

Can I Learn Programming With My Smartphone / You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# / Download Whatsapp For Windows 7 32 Bit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:06pm On May 19, 2021
No gainful appointment since 2007??
Da fuq!

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by DissTroy(m): 3:39pm On May 19, 2021
Went through the thread; not even a single female moniker commented. Tomorrow they'd expect to be handed gigs based on "equality and fairness" even when others merit it.

And it's not just on this thread but on tech threads on this forum generally, even in digital tech spaces on Twitter and Facebook.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Alusiizizi(m): 4:17pm On May 19, 2021
I learned programming on an intel 486 computer(16 bytes if I remember correctly). You might even be able to learn programming on an abacus if you are sufficiently determined.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Alusiizizi(m): 4:19pm On May 19, 2021
DissTroy:
Went through the thread; not even a single female moniker commented. Tomorrow they'd expect to be handed gigs based on "equality and fairness" even when others merit it.

And it's not just on this thread but on tech threads on this forum generally, even in digital tech spaces on Twitter and Facebook.
I know. Pisses me off too. Females are less intelligent that males. Was true a long time ago, is true now and will always be true, whether be future male, female or hermaphrodite.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by niel63(m): 4:37pm On May 19, 2021
@OP you can install a simple Linux distro... luckily, your lamp server should already be running...

Then, go download vscode... your OS should come with a browser and every other things you might require... even a code editor.

Go to freecodecamp.com and start your journey. 30days from now, I'd like to see your progress report. I believe you can make this happen. I remember when I had to go to a cyber cafe to create websites, download videos and some petty stuffs... it's the journey of life... I am just happy you are willing to take a step.
Mark my word. E go better.
Stay focused
Stay dedicated
Learn what you can. No knowledge is a waste... Trust me I know.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 19, 2021
Yes can learn it with 32 bit system, I'm currently using 32 bit system with Windows 7. Just download the latest Microsoft security update on the store and download the latest Microsoft net framework then you're good to go
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by rafindo(m): 4:49pm On May 19, 2021
So in your opinions what is the best cost down laptop to learn programming.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by daHcKR: 4:56pm On May 19, 2021
A1grade:
Please I really want to learn programming so badly. However, what I have is a windows 7 32-bit OS. I have not been gainfully employed since I graduated 2007. So the truth is that I am broke. What I have is an old laptop that I described above. Can I learn with it?

Besides, I would appreciate someone mentoring me in web development. I am a super fast learner. Just that life hasn't been fair to me. Please I need help.

It's possible bro.. but be ready to understand that no matter the frustration from bugs, NEPA you'll keep on.
I started unity game development on a novatech mini system of 2gb ram. Am a developer myself and since i have graduated from school 2019 , I haven't had the need for my certificate.
Understand this, learn nd code and be passionate about solving problems. Forget money for now else you'd end up in frustration sooner than when the bugs will find you.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by LoydJ(m): 5:03pm On May 19, 2021
Tillatalk:
I swear bro I no even get laptop now the one I get before Sapa hold me I sell am off grin
Lol
Me self i bin get o but the werey system go spoil,Sapa never give me chance mey I Tay buy New one.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by katibu(m): 5:16pm On May 19, 2021
Many people giving you bad advice because they're not programmers themselves. I'm self taught programmer and I've made my own full blown software (s). I started in almost the say way as you. The only thing you need to learn programming is burning desire and ability to sit in front of your computer for many many hours everyday. You don't even necessarily need laptop to learn. You can learn 90% from your phone and when you're ready to practice you can borrow laptop. So decide which language you want to learn and then go to YouTube and download tutorials. Use your laptop to download tutorials and then transfer them to your phone. Learn the principles, make notes and watch some tutorials twice. Then after you understand the video... Get your laptop (or borrow one) and start coding to see the code works as it should.

As for your laptop.... Your laptop is good enough to program the best web app in the world. All you need is xampp (if you're going into web development) and code Editor. For code Editor, I'll recommend "Visual studio code" and almost all the softwares you'll ever need... Most probably than not they have 32 bit... Older version of Windows can run them.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 19, 2021
amrichy:

Hello bro.
@ the bolded, I know you gave the OP that advice as a money- making avenue. Please I'm just venturing into programming too and I don't mind writing for money (as I'm currently broke and seriously need money for a lot of things). The problem is that I don't know how to go about it. Could you kindly give me some guidance?
Well I'll give a detailed breakdown later for now let me just summarise the process of becoming a writer.
1) Get some experience. Back in secondary school, hell even in my days of primary school I usually wrote stories, so write and show the people around you, articles, short novels whatever just do some work and show it off to those around you, I could even read your work for you in case you've got no one to show. They'll help to show you mistakes and flaws in your writing. If you have some experience skip this.

2) Create a Portfolio. If you want to write books create a wattpad account, if you want to write articles, post them here on nairaland so that you'd have some work to show a prospective client.

3) Be a freelancer. It's really hard — impossible if you're Nigerian — to get clients who would physically offer you a job to work on, so become a freelancer, guru and fiverr are good freelancing sites.

Tips: please don't write directly on your phone, distraction and what not are so much so just write your drafts in a book then write it in your phone or laptop it's harder but better, more focus more productivity.
Please if you don't have the experience get it, there's no such thing as talent, you must work to reach a good level.
That's it.
Funny enough programming has a similar path.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by saajus: 6:33pm On May 19, 2021
It doesn't matter. You only need to download the 32-bit version of the programming language you are learning. Remember, a program written in 32 bit will surely run on 64 bit.

You know 64 bit OS is faster than 32 bit. So, if most of your programming activities will involve heave data or graphics, you are better of using 64 bit OS.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by AntiAPC2023(f): 7:07pm On May 19, 2021
Sirmuel1:
Yes. You can even learn with a Phone for now.
it's not possible
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by AntiAPC2023(f): 7:11pm On May 19, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Can programming Rob Central Bank Of Nigeria
when you go get sense?
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by princillin: 7:17pm On May 19, 2021
Also learn Networking especially digital Marketing
E get Y

http://www.itsdollar.com/register.php?referral=Reflex
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by peacettw: 7:46pm On May 19, 2021
seanwilliam:
Abeg after learning this programming self, where u go use am work grin I have a good laptop and internet and light , can I go into it and start making money within 6 month ?

Abeg no one should come here to preach for me. Just yes or no answer ..

I don’t have passion for it, I’m goin into it for money money money .

At least you are honest. Bear of luck.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 19, 2021
Many programmers don't understand the difference between 64bit and 32bit when you tell them computer science is important they will start shouting rubbish. Any language that can't handle 64bit data types on a 32bit machine is useless, besides is your CPU 32bit too.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 19, 2021
saajus:
It doesn't matter. You only need to download the 32-bit version of the programming language you are learning. Remember, a program written in 32 bit will surely run on 64 bit.

You know 64 bit OS is faster than 32 bit. So, if most of your programming activities will involve heave data or graphics, you are better of using 64 bit OS.
I just dey laugh.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Ajibade123(m): 8:07pm On May 19, 2021
A1grade:
Please I really want to learn programming so badly. However, what I have is a windows 7 32-bit OS. I have not been gainfully employed since I graduated 2007. So the truth is that I am broke. What I have is an old laptop that I described above. Can I learn with it?

Besides, I would appreciate someone mentoring me in web development. I am a super fast learner. Just that life hasn't been fair to me. Please I need help.
don't let anyone discourage you here my laptop is 32 bits and it is what I have been using ever since to build website and also for my school computer courses
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Ajibade123(m): 8:08pm On May 19, 2021
SegFault:
Many programmers don't understand the difference between 64bit and 32bit when you tell them computer science is important they will start shouting rubbish. Any language that can't handle 64bit data types on a 32bit machine is useless, besides is your CPU 32bit too.
I am a computer science student but can you break this down
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by amrichy(m): 8:13pm On May 19, 2021
SegFault:

Well I'll give a detailed breakdown later for now let me just summarise the process of becoming a writer.
1) Get some experience. Back in secondary school, hell even in my days of primary school I usually wrote stories, so write and show the people around you, articles, short novels whatever just do some work and show it off to those around you, I could even read your work for you in case you've got no one to show. They'll help to show you mistakes and flaws in your writing. If you have some experience skip this.

2) Create a Portfolio. If you want to write books create a wattpad account, if you want to write articles, post them here on nairaland so that you'd have some work to show a prospective client.

3) Be a freelancer. It's really hard — impossible if you're Nigerian — to get clients who would physically offer you a job to work on, so become a freelancer, guru and fiverr are good freelancing sites.

Tips: please don't write directly on your phone, distraction and what not are so much so just write your drafts in a book then write it in your phone or laptop it's harder but better, more focus more productivity.
Please if you don't have the experience get it, there's no such thing as talent, you must work to reach a good level.
That's it.
Funny enough programming has a similar path.
Okay, thanks
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by BadBitch(f): 8:16pm On May 19, 2021
?

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Richthekid: 8:23pm On May 19, 2021
No
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by BrainEya(m): 8:24pm On May 19, 2021
Sirmuel1:
Yes. You can even learn with a Phone for now.

(◔‿◔)

After this, I'm deactivating.

Can you put be through sir.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:21pm On May 19, 2021
A1grade:

Doesn't matter.

If your current computer should be able to run VScode or Atom. You can even code in your browser using Replit.com (your phone included).

You don't need any one-on-one mentoring. Freecodecamp.org is a fantastic resource. Then use YouTube and have 20 different teachers teach you any topic you don't understand.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by hyb33(m): 12:35pm On May 20, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

So sorry men. Honestly when you get a laptop just do web development forget the other stuff. It doesn't sell here. Let's see how things go in the coming months.
hi sir, would love to delve into Web development, with some e-books and videos available, my question is should I remove windows on my system and use Linux or Windows os is fine.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:38pm On May 20, 2021
hyb33:
hi sir, would love to delve into Web development, with some e-books and videos available, my question is should I remove windows on my system and use Linux or Windows os is fine.
If your laptop has very very low specs, use linux. If it doesn't, use windows.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Alusiizizi(m): 1:18pm On May 20, 2021
BadBitch:

I'm a tech babe that just came here to tell you and the he-goat that quoted you say una no well. Instead of you to drop advice like other sensible people, smh. So because tech babes don't comment, we don't exist? Y'all clearly have nothing tangible to say.

Pray tell, what is the meaning of "tech babe"? Does that mean that you know how to use an android phone or that you are familiar with MS excel. Perhaps you missed the subject of this thread, PROGRAMMING. If you don't have anything informative that you would like to contribute to this thread then better scurry off to a romance thread or something.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by BadBitch(f): 1:50pm On May 20, 2021
[quote author=Alusiizizi post=101883992]

Pray tell, what is the meaning of "tech babe"? Does that mean that you know how to use an android phone or that you are familiar with MS excel. Perhaps you missed the subject of this thread, PROGRAMMING. If you don't have anything informative that you would like to contribute to this thread then better scurry off to a romance thread or something.[/quote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Html,css,javascript Group Tutorial / Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. / How To Make Money From Developing Software Using Vb Or Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.