Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,499 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? (3540 Views)

What Ihejirika Wrote About Igbos On His Facebook Wall?…… Foolish Igbos. / Is This True About Igbos.... I Have Been Lauging So Hard. / See Video Of What Ahmadu Bello Said About Igbos And Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by smile11s(m): 12:00am On Apr 28, 2011
Since i joined Nairaland, most topics especially on politics section is always Igbo these, Igbo people that. I need to know why all these so called topics and statements on Igbo people. Tuface said, "If nobody talk about you, then you are nobody."

Is it that Igbo people are the most important tribe in Nigeria?

That without them, Nigeria wouldn't be what it is today.

I am just a curious Nigerian who never being to Nigeria before and very curious about what is happening to Nigeria.

Fortunately, I am an Igbo man by identity and not by birth.

Your answer will be so much appreciated.
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by seanet02: 12:10am On Apr 28, 2011
It sucks to be ibo for Real! Apart from the kidnapping and importation of fake Paracetamols by ibos they are they most politically inept, indolent and steepid in the country. Sucks To be ibo for real!
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by MrKO: 12:21am On Apr 28, 2011
@Oduduwa , I'm a proud Ibo man and I must tell u my brother that it doesn't suck at all to be Ibo (at least not to me). Yes we might be the most maligned and persecuted (I still don't understand how the northerners could attack us cos we supposedly voted GEJ and then turn around and and vote PDP governors en-masse accross most of their states. I was expecting to see CPC candidates sweep the north). But it also feels damn good to know that despite all this, we are still there. The Ibo man will continue to persevere and survive against all odds. We are the engine that moves Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by chiogo(f): 12:27am On Apr 28, 2011
seanet02:

It sucks to be ibo for Real! Apart from the kidnapping and importation of fake Paracetamols by ibos they are they most politically inept, indolent and steepid in the country. Sucks To be ibo for real!
hehe you musta just learned this "sucks to be ibo" phrase. Do your thing jare!! cheesy
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by MrKO: 12:28am On Apr 28, 2011
@Seanet02, sorry I refered to u as Oduduwa.  My response was directed at ur post and I mistook ur name for Oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by LeMolar: 12:31am On Apr 28, 2011
seanet02:

Yoruba Fool Shut Up What Is Wrong With You Am From Middle Belt And IGbo People Are The Most Intelligent People In  Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by abadaba(m): 12:34am On Apr 28, 2011
seanet02:

Monkey, it seems you were overfed at the zoo today. Monkeys also watch their weights.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by abadaba(m): 12:36am On Apr 28, 2011
@The OP, Please stop starting threads about the Igbo that will always attract flies. I t has attracted one of the dirty flies already.
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by seanet02: 12:38am On Apr 28, 2011
@everybody, don't feel bad if you ibo. Ibos here were the architect of this. They like insulting Awolowo despite all warning now it is "It Sucks To Be Ibo For Real" syndrome.
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by igboboy1(m): 12:40am On Apr 28, 2011
seanet02:

Ha na si onye fuala o fuualla, ara in the highest order,
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by abadaba(m): 12:41am On Apr 28, 2011
Monkey, go and screw your self.
seanet02:

@everybody, don't feel bad if you ibo. Ibos here were the architect of this. They like insulting Awolowo despite all warning now it is "It Sucks To Be Ibo For Real" syndrome.

Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by nedu666: 1:07am On Apr 28, 2011
smile11s:

Since i joined Nairaland, most topics especially on politics section is always Igbo these, Igbo people that. I need to know why all these so called topics and statements on Igbo people. Tuface said, "If nobody talk about you, then you are nobody."

I am just a curious Nigerian who never being to Nigeria before and very curious about what is happening to Nigeria.

dude, u need to understand that some people on this site crave attention, and one way of doing so is to bring tribe and religion into the issue, for instance on the career section a thread of oracle cert suddenly decended into tribalism because one fool felt the need to tell us that igbos betrayed awolowo quest to be president, u can imagine the shit and nonsense u see on this site.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by EzeUche3(m): 1:13am On Apr 28, 2011
Because some people are too insecure about their own groups and wonder how the Igbo can continue to have so much pride even after losing a civil war.

We Igbos hold our heads up high and no one can make us low.

It feels great to be Igbo! cool

I am proud of my history, culture and language.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by igboboy1(m): 1:19am On Apr 28, 2011
EzeUche__:

Because some people are too insecure about their own groups and wonder how the Igbo can continue to have so much pride even after losing a civil war.

We Igbos hold our heads up high and no one can make us low.

It feels great to be Igbo! cool

I am proud of my history, culture and language.

Nwanne biko gwa ha, i am sure e dey pain ndi ofe mmanu well well say upon not say we lose war plus dem kill 3 million of our peeps yet we are like a pest they cant seem to get rid of, Seanet0 IGBO KWNEU, KWENU, KWENZUoUNU

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by bashr4: 2:51am On Apr 28, 2011
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool pls this is not the time for such threads am still celebrating Sullivans and amaechis victory while awaiting the results from imo ( i hope rochas wins)
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by Kobojunkie: 3:55am On Apr 28, 2011
nedu666:

dude, [size=13pt]u need to understand that some people on this site crave attention, and one way of doing so is to bring tribe and religion into the issue, for instance on the career section a thread of oracle cert suddenly decended into tribalism because one fool felt the need to tell us that igbos betrayed awolowo quest to be president, u can imagine the poo and nonsense u see on this site.[/size]
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by wired123: 4:17am On Apr 28, 2011
@OP
Most do not mean it.

seanet02:

You are a DISGRACE to what Yorubas stand for!!!
So, if they insult you andd Awo?? Must you reply?? Can't you be the bigger person??

nedu666:

dude, u need to understand that some people on this site crave attention, and one way of doing so is to bring tribe and religion into the issue, for instance on the career section a thread of oracle cert suddenly decended into tribalism because one fool felt the need to tell us[b] that igbos betrayed awolowo quest to be president, u can imagine the poo and nonsense u see on this site.[/b]

That is EXACTLY what happened!!! The absolute truth!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by Justcash(m): 4:33am On Apr 28, 2011
smile11s:

My brother, keep your head up, you are very fortunate to be Igbo. Your question is like asking why Isreal is hated by the Arab world? You know why ofcourse. Envy and Jealousy. The ingenuity and intelligence of Igbo people threaten them so much that they keep having sleepless nights. That's too bad for them because the more they call our names maliciously, the more we rise. Keep your head up, you are from the most intelligent and progressive tribe in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by Kenyy: 4:59am On Apr 28, 2011
Not until some sections of the country learn to talk less and observe more just like my Northern Brothers, I am afraid they may continue to pay the highest price and gain least for the unity of Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by Justcash(m): 5:21am On Apr 28, 2011
Kenyy:

Not until some sections of the country learn to talk less and observe more just like my Northern Brothers, I am afraid they may continue to pay the highest price and gain least for the unity of Nigeria.

Remember that observation alone cannot earn one relevance. When you have the relevance, you tend to talk less. When you lose that relevance, you will need to talk more than observe to win back that relevance. Watch how loud your Northern brothers will talk in the next eight years, and also try to notice how silent the SS and SE will be while observing.
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by Chubhie: 8:33am On Apr 28, 2011
I do not form my judgment of others from what am told of them.but You seanet02 going by how you and the likes of you jumps from thread to thread and showing how insecure and imature the likes of you are on the web.
Awolowo that you have been jumpin about defending is a man i have respect for mostly for his visionary and examplary leadership.
How did you arrive at the conculsion that all igbos hates Awo?
first iam human then an African then a Nigerian and then am Igbo.
Reducing my essence and then taggn me igbo so that the likes of you can get attention to me shows how little your mind is.
Now you are on a thin ice,skate fast. Ova n out.
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by mithel(m): 10:43am On Apr 28, 2011
Chubhie:

I do not form my judgment of others from what am told of them.but You seanet02 going by how you and the likes of you jumps from thread to thread and showing how insecure and imature the likes of you are on the web.
Awolowo that you have been jumpin about defending is a man i have respect for mostly for his visionary and examplary leadership.
How did you arrive at the conculsion that all igbos hates Awo?
first iam human then an African then a Nigerian and then am Igbo.
Reducing my essence and then taggn me igbo so that the likes of you can get attention to me shows how little your mind is.
Now you are on a thin ice,skate fast. Ova n out.

they do hate awo,am not saying i hate igbos because i dont see any reason i should but i can always feel the bad blood between ibos and yorubas on this site and am YORUBA,i think its d civil war francas between dem dat is still showing till today but i can tell that if its for the better ment of the two groups,EKO ILE AND EZEUCHE can become best of friends for it,so far all i do is look beyond the insults and there the love is between yoruba and ibo grin grin grin

IBO KWENU!!!!!

eku ise omo ODUA rere!!!!!!!!

u see we love ourselves
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by White007(m): 11:17am On Apr 28, 2011
Seanet2 & fstranger or wherever they calls themselves are the most bigoted and disgusting people on nl. Their comment reeks of idiocy.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by MaiSuya(m): 11:48am On Apr 28, 2011
smile11s:

i wonder about the same thing myself
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by smile11s(m): 2:41pm On Apr 28, 2011
Never hoped for this battle field. I don't know what else to say, but really interesting.
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by kandiikane(m): 2:58pm On Apr 28, 2011
This Forum is filled with Tribalists and Ignorant people who do not have anything better to do in Life but just sit behind their pc and say things they have no knowledge of.

I will not be surprised if I find out they are under 15s or are psychologically ill.
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by ektbear: 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2011
^-- please change that terrible picture. it is disgusting undecided What happened to the other ones
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by kandiikane(m): 3:02pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- please change that terrible picture. it is disgusting undecided What happened to the other ones

lol

I was asked for it undecided undecided
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by ektbear: 3:05pm On Apr 28, 2011
The dimple one was so much better, more refreshing and easy on the eyes. this one makes me wanna throw up undecided

you should change back
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by Mariory(m): 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2011
smile11s:

Nothing is happening to Nigeria (at least not in the way you think). These clowns (from both "sides"wink on nairaland are just bored or jobless. If you look at the pattern, it is the same dumba$$es posting the same crap over and over but, I'm sure you'll agree that it is better for them to be on the internet rather than roaming the streets.
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by kandiikane(m): 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

The dimple one was so much better, more refreshing and easy on the eyes. this one makes me wanna throw up undecided

you should change back

Alrighty undecided

@Op, what do you mean Igbo by identity? Where you brought up by igbo people, is that possible?
Re: Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? by ektbear: 3:18pm On Apr 28, 2011
^-- Haha, sorry if I offended. . . do whatever makes you happy  smiley Tis a free world. I just thought the other ones looked great.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Of Plateau State Named His Son As Special Adviser / Why Do We Still Have The Arabic Inscription On Our Higher Currency Notes? / Fr Mbaka Backs Ekweremadu To Return To Senate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.