Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

How Do I Get My Baby To Sleep Peacefully? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get My Baby To Sleep Peacefully? (10872 Views)

Mother Accuses Soldiers Of Stomping 20-month-old Baby To Death In Delta (pic) / British Mum Leaves Baby To Die During Sex Romp With A Nigerian(PIC) / Banned From Speaking My Language To My Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Get My Baby To Sleep Peacefully? by modele2: 4:56pm On May 03, 2011
My baby tosses ,turns and then wakes up when the weather is hot. Check the temperature !!
Re: How Do I Get My Baby To Sleep Peacefully? by Busybody2(f): 5:29pm On May 03, 2011
Ada24

Babies even need more than that in the first month, don't forget that's all they do in the belly especially in the last trimester with no room to move, unless they wake up for a few minutes at a time to play. They need the sleep cos its what helps their brain to develop properly. Babies should be left alone to sleep to their heart's content and as nature allows. I never put any of my rugrats on any routine but they slept at 11pm every blessed night and woke up around 6/7am to feed, infact I used to be the one with the panda eyes, gotten by waking up so often to check whether they were still breathing, lol.
Re: How Do I Get My Baby To Sleep Peacefully? by dayokanu(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2011
@Op,

Check my profile picture for sedatives
Re: How Do I Get My Baby To Sleep Peacefully? by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 03, 2011
I don't expect colic to cause as much grief as what you described here. No sleep? Bags under his eyes? I'd suggest you have him checked out by a doctor.

Your baby should really be catching up on the sleep missed at some point during the day. You may also want to watch what you eat. I practically stopped drinking all fruit juices until he was almost 4 months when I had my son, the acidity caused all kinds of upset for his stomach.
Re: How Do I Get My Baby To Sleep Peacefully? by mummy3(f): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2011
Ivbade:

Well there are somethings you need to know as a mother when nursing especially your first baby. First of all your baby is OK!But How often does he move his bowel? is he on exclusive bosom feeding? does he pass gas often? Do you massage his navel with hot water 3times daily? do you take him through the baby exercise after bathing for him? These are things you can use to help him sleep well for now. Definitely after 3months he will overgrow it. Nothing to worry about, its only a phase that will be over very soon. Just try to enjoy it,  God bless you and your baby!

You're perfectly right
i experienced same when i had my boy, tho he's my 3rd child. but the experienced i had with my first 2 girls wasn't as worst as my boy's own
The colic is always between a week old baby to 3/4months. I normally use gripewater to calm it down, but the drug does not stop the cramp entirely
Its pathetic and stressful

(1) (2) (Reply)

If una no gree gimme money, contract and connections nko? / How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? / Best Way To Correct Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.