Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ (7415 Views)

NBC Sanctions Brekete Family Radio For Recurring Unprofessional Conduct / Ordinary President: Brekete Family To End Programme Amid Slapping Saga / Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Rehimusals: 11:24am On May 17, 2021
The British Broadcasting Corporation’s Africa Eye has gained behind-the-scenes access to Ahmed Isah, Nigeria’s foremost radio host and human rights campaigner, Daily Trust reports.

In its latest undercover investigation video, exclusively obtained by Daily Trust, BBC Reporter Peter Nkanga spent one-month filming with Ahmed Isah at his Human Rights Radio and TV studios in the capital city Abuja uncovers another side to the popular Radio/TV host, popularly known as Ordinary President.

Even though the reporter said he witnessed firsthand the huge impact of Ahmed’s work on the lives of many ordinary Nigerians, “his often-controversial methods raise serious questions.”

The about thirty minute’s video revealed how the ‘Ordinary President’ violates the rights of some persons brought before him for investigation, including the case of a woman that was physically assaulted on camera by Isa.

Although, the video showed the graphic image of a six-year-old girl with severe burns, who received funding for much-needed hospital treatment after appearing on his show it also showed how Ahmed struck an interviewee across the face on camera as well as refusing to pursue the apparently deserving case of eight disappeared children.

As the investigation reveals critical voices have emerged from the human rights community in Nigeria, including claims that Ahmed has become a law unto himself.

By not affording those who are accused of wrongdoing an opportunity to respond, he is breaching their rights, the report quotes Nigeria’s Human Rights Commissioner as saying.

According to the report, Nigeria’s media regulator, the National Broadcasting Commission, also stated that Ahmed Isah has been the subject of numerous complaints and his programming “frequently violates ethical standards.”

Even though the reporter said he witnessed firsthand the huge impact of Ahmed’s work on the lives of many ordinary Nigerians, “his often-controversial methods...

Ahmed Isah popularly known as Ordinary President

The British Broadcasting Corporation’s Africa Eye has gained behind-the-scenes access to Ahmed Isah, Nigeria’s foremost radio host and human rights campaigner, Daily Trust reports.

In its latest undercover investigation video, exclusively obtained by Daily Trust, BBC Reporter Peter Nkanga spent one-month filming with Ahmed Isah at his Human Rights Radio and TV studios in the capital city Abuja uncovers another side to the popular Radio/TV host, popularly known as Ordinary President.

Even though the reporter said he witnessed firsthand the huge impact of Ahmed’s work on the lives of many ordinary Nigerians, “his often-controversial methods raise serious questions.”

The about thirty minute’s video revealed how the ‘Ordinary President’ violates the rights of some persons brought before him for investigation, including the case of a woman that was physically assaulted on camera by Isa.

Although, the video showed the graphic image of a six-year-old girl with severe burns, who received funding for much-needed hospital treatment after appearing on his show it also showed how Ahmed struck an interviewee across the face on camera as well as refusing to pursue the apparently deserving case of eight disappeared children.

As the investigation reveals critical voices have emerged from the human rights community in Nigeria, including claims that Ahmed has become a law unto himself.

By not affording those who are accused of wrongdoing an opportunity to respond, he is breaching their rights, the report quotes Nigeria’s Human Rights Commissioner as saying.

According to the report, Nigeria’s media regulator, the National Broadcasting Commission, also stated that Ahmed Isah has been the subject of numerous complaints and his programming “frequently violates ethical standards.”

Peter Nkanga who spent one month filming for BBC’s Africa Eye with Ahmed Isah at his Human Rights Radio and TV studios in the capital city Abuja said his investigation made him understand how one can be doing good and at the same time be doing wrong.

Speaking on the one-month long investigative work, Nkanga said while many Nigerians have embraced the works Ahmed Isa does in bringing to the fore many human rights issues, the process is somehow flawed.

According to him, the foremost Radio host saw a gap and a society where people were yearning for justice and he is filling that void.

“I think the major discovery for me was how you can be doing well and at the same time be doing wrong. It is about understanding why and how people like Ahmed Isah use the power that they have, what they do with it. It is about responsibility; it is about giving what you can take and not engaging in double-standard.

“I think the major discovery was that every human being has flaws no matter how much of a hero you might be. You are just human. I saw a huge disappointment as well because when you see an opportunity for a situation to change or improve, let’s see the impact of what you do.”

The journalist stated that despite the impact of his programme and the wide acceptability it has garnered, Isa’s failure to make case for the eight missing children was a major flaw.

He said non-state actors like Ahmed Isa is filling a void because the state has abdicated its responsibility.

“There is a gap which Ahmed Isah has filled and that tells us that we are in a society where people are looking for solutions anywhere. The truth is that you and I, every human that is looking for solutions to their problem, you don’t really care how far you have to go as long as you will get that solution.”

Asked whether he felt the radio host should be prosecuted for human rights violations, he said he would not advocate that but he said, “Let the game be played according to the rule.”

But Nkanga ultimately concluded that until they feel protected by the state, many Nigerians may not care about Ahmed’s methods.

“Instead, they’ll keep tuning their radios into his station, hoping to hear someone like themselves getting justice, for once.”

https://dailytrust.com/brekete-family-bbc-unmasks-the-true-face-of-ordinary-president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN5sINAjyYM&feature=youtu.be

3 Likes

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Fahdiga1: 11:25am On May 17, 2021
See his gorilla like face. A bribe taking punk that will surely end up in hell fire. I poo inside his smelly mouth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by BrdeDesign50: 11:29am On May 17, 2021
Unbelievable

1 Like

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by chatinent: 11:40am On May 17, 2021
Ok o
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by BENARI: 11:45am On May 17, 2021
Wetin the man do......o
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by LikeAking: 12:12pm On May 17, 2021
Lolz.
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Nicklaus619(m): 12:34pm On May 17, 2021
Rubbish, this is totally bogus, anyone that knows Ahmed isah knows he will and can never abuse someone right, this is someone that spends millions of naira on a daily, treating people sicknesses including sending them abroad to get the best treatment and he has helped people recovered their money that seems impossible from the government and all. Dr. Ahmed Isah that I know is a kind-hearted, soft hearted, down to earth gentleman. And I will say it here that I have never seen someone so sacrificial as himself, he put other people's problem on his head and carry them.

Bottom line, the ordinary President is a God sent.if you know you know.

Two set of people that don't like the ordinary president
1. Wicked and greedy politicians
2. Witches and wizard that don't like good thing happening to people

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by olatade(m): 12:58pm On May 17, 2021
My mentor

4 Likes

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by chloride6: 1:28pm On May 17, 2021
BBC don run this guy's street

grin grin grin grin

But the guy too no try
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by telkevog(m): 1:35pm On May 17, 2021
This is just a ploy by the government to get this man down and continue trampling on the rights of ordinary citizens. nonsense and ingredients!

10 Likes

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by nabiz(m): 1:38pm On May 17, 2021
I love My Ordinarily Amed. He is a man of integrity. I have my own case to report to him about a dismissed soldier that took my properties but have not been opportune to meet with him. I am still looking forward to meeting my ordinary Ahmed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by nabiz(m): 1:39pm On May 17, 2021
Fahdiga1:
See his gorilla like face. A bribe taking punk that will surely end up in hell fire. I poo inside his smelly mouth
who are you referring to. I hope not my Ahmed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by nabiz(m): 1:40pm On May 17, 2021
Nicklaus619:
Rubbish, this is totally bogus, anyone that knows Ahmed isah knows he will and can never abuse someone right, this is someone that spends millions of naira on a daily, treating people sicknesses including sending them abroad to get the best treatment and he has helped people recovered their money that seems impossible from the government and all. Dr. Ahmed Isah that I know I a kind-hearted down to earth gentleman. And I will say it here that I have never seen someone so sacrificial as himself, he put other people's problem on his head and carry them.

don't mind them

3 Likes

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by galadima77(m): 1:58pm On May 17, 2021
So now, it is the words of BBC that you won't see to help you solve anything, against Ahmed that has touched uncountable lives.

Continue deceiving yourselves..

1 Like

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by black9: 1:59pm On May 17, 2021
galadima77:
So now, it is the words of BBC that you won't see to help you solve anything, against Ahmed that has touched uncountable lives.

Continue deceiving yourselves..

This is serious. But Check Zenith bank pending matter too

https://www.nairaland.com/6557387/advert-sly-zenith-bank-bountifully

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by FarahAideed: 2:00pm On May 17, 2021
Bookmarked tonread later
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Nicklaus619(m): 2:05pm On May 17, 2021
chloride6:
BBC don run this guy's street

grin grin grin grin

But the guy too no try

Wetin u dey even talk self angry
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by seunmsg(m): 2:27pm On May 17, 2021
Ordinary Ahmed is an imperfect human being like everyone of us. There is no way he won’t be making mistake once in a while especially looking at the huge pressure that comes with the burden he has taken upon himself to help Nigerians get justice. He should be commended for what he’s doing despite his method.

Ahmed Isa has touched lives in a way that I can’t even express. He’s like a modern day Jesus or Mohammed. Just like the biblical Jesus, some people in that era still connived to crucify him despite all the miracles he performed. Same thing is playing out regarding Ahmed Isa. No matter how good you are, some people will still find a reason to bring you down.

18 Likes

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by aremuforlife(m): 2:34pm On May 17, 2021
Nigerians with their pull him/her down syndrome, PHDS
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by PepperSauce: 2:34pm On May 17, 2021
My only prayer for those behind this propaganda is that May they fall a victim of their plots and reap what they sow. Forward ever to Ordinary President and backwards to those embracing this evil act.
God bless Ahmed Isah !
God bless Ordinary President !!
God bless BEREKE family worldwide !!!
God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 17, 2021
BBC is the most useless international radio station in the world

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by sirBLUNT: 2:46pm On May 17, 2021
God bless Ahmad Isa the ordinary president, he is an amazing soul...
click like for Ahmed share for desmond ediot.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Buharidgeneral: 2:56pm On May 17, 2021
This guy is God- sent to man kind. After God na him ooo
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 17, 2021
Nicklaus619:
Rubbish, this is totally bogus, anyone that knows Ahmed isah knows he will and can never abuse someone right, this is someone that spends millions of naira on a daily, treating people sicknesses including sending them abroad to get the best treatment and he has helped people recovered their money that seems impossible from the government and all. Dr. Ahmed Isah that I know I a kind-hearted down to earth gentleman. And I will say it here that I have never seen someone so sacrificial as himself, he put other people's problem on his head and carry them.

Op, if you watch that video ,you will see reason ordinary slapped that woman, She tied one Racheal with her, pour on her kerosine, light matches on her,burnt her claimed that the girl is a witch. Useless British radio telling us what to do.
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Nicklaus619(m): 3:38pm On May 17, 2021
supportnija:

Op, if you watch that video ,you will see reason ordinary slapped that woman, She tied one Racheal with her, pour on her kerosine, light matches on her,burnt her claimed that the girl is a witch. Useless British radio telling us what to do.

Don't mind the op, stupid half baked journalist
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by cpu2006(m): 3:46pm On May 17, 2021
Fahdiga1:

have u ever listen to his programme before?
close your dirty mouth if you known nothing abt him.
he is doing his best to the humanity.
May God Almighty continue to guild and protect him.

6 Likes

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Peak11(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2021
Nicklaus619:
Rubbish, this is totally bogus, anyone that knows Ahmed isah knows he will and can never abuse someone right, this is someone that spends millions of naira on a daily, treating people sicknesses including sending them abroad to get the best treatment and he has helped people recovered their money that seems impossible from the government and all. Dr. Ahmed Isah that I know is a kind-hearted, soft hearted, down to earth gentleman. And I will say it here that I have never seen someone so sacrificial as himself.
You are wrong bro, Ahmed Isah is evil and a scum bag who is positioning himself vainly as saint. I lost all the respect I had for him when I listened to him insulting on air a resident of Tunga Maje who was being persecuted unjustly by Buhari and men of the DSS over allegation that he possess a supernatural power. How he finds it convinient violating people's right on a human right radio beats my imagination.

2 Likes

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Inkopere: 4:25pm On May 17, 2021
Plot to get him down, but they have failed, any evil gathering against the ordinary president will scatter by fire, let the blood of Jesus cover him and his family, he might not be perfect but leave him for us.

Who else can stand for us

1 Like

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by FarahAideed: 4:33pm On May 17, 2021
BBc should investigate Buhari and leave this man alone
Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by bennyrazz: 4:42pm On May 17, 2021
Why can't Peter get Justice for the missing 8 children? After all, he investigated and went as far as going to Anambra. Why didn't he get Justice for the families of the missing children? Why is he calling on human rights radio to investigate the matter at the end of his story? Why not call on Nigerian Human rights commission or Police to do the needful on the case. Him slapping that Woman that burnt a little girls head shows how angry he was when he heard of the case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by Saifullah01: 4:54pm On May 17, 2021
The BBC are bloody hippocrates. This is a case of a poorly done hatchet job by a "classless" journalist for the BBC with incredible twisting of facts beyond credulity. (if you are in Abuja and you know the Human rights radio you'll understand what I mean)
I use to hate the way everyone was glued to this programme, from taxi drivers to uber drivers, security posts to barber shops, in fact I had to scold one of our sites in Nigeria for blasting this programme at the top of their speakers instead of playing entertainment to our customers. But I am having a change of mind about the programme. Nobody is perfect, but you admonish or constructlively correct and not sadistic approach the bbc is taking

What the BBC did in the above video.

Firstly with no evidence, the tone of the whole investigation is to paint Ahmad bad. ideally for an investigative piece you would expect the facts to be presented and then an undeniable conclusion of culpability or otherwise is arrived at. But in this caricature of a piece you could sense the unsubtle attempt to force the facts to fit the BBC's intentions. Just watch for your self.

These are their reason for demonising the show

The girl in the first pics below was burnt by her aunt for claiming to be a witch.

The second pics is the aunt who was invited to the studio and asked why she did it. she said something like "it's the devil". Ahmad lost his temper and slapped her (which he shouldn't have). But was the bbc waiting for Ahmad's mistake to make a video? Not minding the countess good works he does like in the third pics below where the happy girl is receiving treatment not complement of the BBC nor of the federal government but rather the same Human right radio they desperately seek to discredit

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brekete Family: BBC Unmasks The True Face Of ‘ordinary President’ by D6thSense: 5:04pm On May 17, 2021
cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos DSVA Set To Engage 1 Million People In Door-To-Door Engagement Activities / Kerosene Scarcity Hits Lagos / Population Density Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.