Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,458 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

How Do You Understand These Verses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Understand These Verses? (199 Views)

I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. / Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? / You Can Never Miss Heaven If You Understand These Three Simple Facts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Understand These Verses? by ChristisGod: 2:54pm On May 17, 2021
John 6:44-45

[44]No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

[45]It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.
Re: How Do You Understand These Verses? by sonmvayina(m): 2:59pm On May 17, 2021
Well, anybody can say or write anything. Or tell a story. It is called fiction.

There is no where in the old testament that remotely say that. All the prophets were dwelling on for their fellow men to obey God's commandments. Nothing more. God never asked anybody to go through an intermediary or middle man.."do not have any other God before me" it is very clear..

Jesus must be talking about another God. Maybe Zeus.
Re: How Do You Understand These Verses? by enilove(m): 3:58pm On May 17, 2021
ChristisGod:

[44]No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

[45]It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.

It means Jesus has a Father who sent him and that Jesus himself is God.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Understand These Verses? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:01pm On May 17, 2021
Finally, some one Notices! cheesy May God open thy eyes and give thee sight and a ear to hear!

ChristisGod:

[44]No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him;

Translation! If God Most High, does not Move you or Draw You, You are So Wicked and Evil that you would not be able to go to Christ at All!

ChristisGod:

and I will raise him up at the last day.

Translation: He who comes to Me (and stays with me shall have everlasting Life because, I Shall Raise him to everlasting Life!

ChristisGod:

'it is written in the prophets"- it is Contained in the Books of the Prophets eg Isaiah, Jeremiah etc

"And they shall all be taught by God.’ "- You would not understand the Scriptures unless you are taught by God.

"Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me." - Therefore, having learnt and properly completed your classes of learning from God, it is then you would Run to Him, The Lord!
Re: How Do You Understand These Verses? by GeneralDae: 4:08pm On May 17, 2021
sonmvayina:
Well, anybody can say or write anything. Or tell a story. It is called fiction.

There is no where in the old testament that remotely say that. All the prophets were dwelling on for their fellow men to obey God's commandments. Nothing more. God never asked anybody to go through an intermediary or middle man.."do not have any other God before me" it is very clear..

Jesus must be talking about another God. Maybe Zeus.
If you read the passages well, it says anyone who learns from God would know if what I teach are also from God and would come to me. The major reason I believe there was a real Jesus who was a wise prophet sent from God is that...In Matthew, Mark, Luke,John, even with the bias of the authors and contradictions in them, the attentive mind can easily map out a trend or personality from all of them combined. I believe in Jesus because the teachings attributed to him in the four gospels are what I have also learnt from the father.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Understand These Verses? by sonmvayina(m): 5:43pm On May 17, 2021
GeneralDae:

If you read the passages well, it says anyone who learns from God would know if what I teach are also from God and would come to me. The major reason I believe there was a real Jesus who was a wise prophet sent from God is that...In Matthew, Mark, Luke,John, even with the bias of the authors and contradictions in them, the attentive mind can easily map out a trend or personality from all of them combined. I believe in Jesus because the teachings attributed to him in the four gospels are what I have also learnt from the father.

Which father?
Then you really don't know what God is....do you?

The gospels are not eye witness account. I have a good reason to believe they where written by one person and the others just copied from it and tried to build on it..

God already gave us his rules, traditions and customs in his laws...
No body whatsoever has the right to change them. They are to stand forever. Even when the promised messiah comes, he will teach people to obey it. So that oppression and war will be no more....
Re: How Do You Understand These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On May 17, 2021
ChristisGod:

Read Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34 to learn a pivotal Truth of God's promised New Agreement. Then read Matthew 23 vs 1-16 for Jesus Christ response to the Truth expressed by God in Jeremiah. undecided

God is the one and only Teacher to all those who belong to Him in His New Covenant, a departure from the Old Covenant setup where everyman and child was given the job of teaching their neighbors and ward about God. So, those who claim to have men as their teachers/spiritual fathers / Mentors/Shepherds in the New Covenant are not of God. undecided
Re: How Do You Understand These Verses? by GeneralDae: 6:32pm On May 17, 2021
sonmvayina:

Which father?
Then you really don't know what God is....do you?

The gospels are not eye witness account. I have a good reason to believe they where written by one person and the others just copied from it and tried to build on it..

God already gave us his rules, traditions and customs in his laws...
No body whatsoever has the right to change them. They are to stand forever. Even when the promised messiah comes, he will teach people to obey it. So that oppression and war will be no more....
I never said the gospels were eye witness accounts.

Matthew and Luke copied from Mark and another early source.

Jesus came to teach God's laws. God's laws are not limited to the Isreali Torah and/or Tanakh. The laws which the Isrealites wrote as God's laws have different sections, some were moral and universal, others could only be carried out by the children of Isreal in a temple e.g the sacrifices.

In Jesus we find universal laws of God for all men, such as:
a) Do unto others what you would have them do unto you for these are the laws and the prophets.

b) Love your enemies and bless those who persecute you and curse you so that you may be sons of your father in heaven who makes his sun to shine on both the good and the evil.

c) Anyone who desires to be greatest among you should also be ready to be servant of all, for if I your lord and Master could wash your feet, then you must do thesame to one another because even the son of man did not come to serve but to be served and to give his life as a ransom for many.

d) Let the little children come unto me, for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

e) Be wise as serpent but harmless as doves

f)If you want your heavenly father to forgive you then forgive others their trespasses against you.

g) When you give a dinner or a supper, do not ask your friends, your brothers, your relatives, nor rich neighbours, lest they also invite you back and you be repaid, but rather call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, because they cannot repay you and you will be repayed at the resurrection of the just

These and many more are the universal laws God wants us to follow.
Re: How Do You Understand These Verses? by sonmvayina(m): 7:23pm On May 17, 2021
GeneralDae:

I never said the gospels were eye witness accounts.

Matthew and Luke copied from Mark and another early source.

Jesus came to teach God's laws. God's laws are not limited to the Isreali Torah and/or Tanakh. The laws which the Isrealites wrote as God's laws have different sections, some were moral and universal, others could only be carried out by the children of Isreal in a temple e.g the sacrifices.

In Jesus we find universal laws of God for all men, such as:
a) Do unto others what you would have them do unto you for these are the laws and the prophets.

b) Love your enemies and bless those who persecute you and curse you so that you may be sons of your father in heaven who makes his sun to shine on both the good and the evil.

c) Anyone who desires to be greatest among you should also be ready to be servant of all, for if I your lord and Master could wash your feet, then you must do thesame to one another because even the son of man did not come to serve but to be served and to give his life as a ransom for many.

d) Let the little children come unto me, for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

e) Be wise as serpent but harmless as doves

f)If you want your heavenly father to forgive you then forgive others their trespasses against you.

g) When you give a dinner or a supper, do not ask your friends, your brothers, your relatives, nor rich neighbours, lest they also invite you back and you be repaid, but rather call the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind, because they cannot repay you and you will be repayed at the resurrection of the just

These and many more are the universal laws God wants us to follow.

According to a story book..

You are still ignorant of spiritual matters...
I don't really know where to start..

Let's do whatsapp..oh ate oh fife tiri for fife won 9 zero tiri.....just both of us. So I can clarify stuff for you.
Re: How Do You Understand These Verses? by GeneralDae: 8:00pm On May 17, 2021
sonmvayina:

According to a story book..

You are still ignorant of spiritual matters...
I don't really know where to start..

Let's do whatsapp..oh ate oh fife tiri for fife won 9 zero tiri.....just both of us. So I can clarify stuff for you.
Trust me, if you live by these passages, nothing could be more spiritual.

(1) (Reply)

Deleted / A Reverend Father's Take On People Blackmailing Rv. Fr. Mbaka / Ecclesiology; The Study Of A Better Way To Practice Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.