Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. (2192 Views)

You Can Never Miss Heaven If You Understand These Three Simple Facts. / Misuse Of The Bible Verses / Conquer Your Fears With These Courage-building Bible Verses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by englishmart(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2023
2 chronicles 9:25 and 1 King 4:26 are obviously talking about the same thing, but they don't add up, or maybe I'm wrong.

2 chronicles 9:25 says "And Solomon had 4,000 stalls for horses and chariots and 12,000 horsemen"

1 Kings 4:26 says "And Solomon had 40,000 stalls of horses for the chariots, and 12,000 men"

The semantics is befuddling. Could someone help me construe this?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Dtruthspeaker: 12:49pm On Sep 10, 2023
englishmart:
2 chronicles 9:25 and 1 King 4:26 are obviously talking about the same thing, but they don't add up, or maybe I'm wrong.

2 chronicles 9:25 says "And Solomon had 10,000 stalls for horses and chariots and 12,000 horsemen"

2 Kings 4:26 says "And Solomon had 40,000 stalls of horses for the chariots, and 12,000 men"

First says, "10,000 stalls for horses and chariots" while the second says, 40,000 stalls of horses for the chariots.

That is how witnesses report looks like. One sees 10,000 and left while the other see 40,000 before he left.

Sales boys have shown you. One says he saw 10,000 the other saw 32,550 in the same shop.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by LordIsaac(m): 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That is how witnesses report looks like. One sees 10,000 and left while the other see 40,000 before he left.

Sales boys have shown you. One says he saw 10,000 the other saw 32,550 in the same shop.
Meaning neither of them was ‘inspired’ ? I ask because the HolySpirit cannot lie.

5 Likes

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Iamanoited: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2023
A STALL OF HORSES CONTAINS FOUR HORSES.
10'000 STALLS FOR HORSES WILL CONTAIN 40'000 HORSES. QED.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by ajekpaks(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2023
okay
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by englishmart(m): 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2023
Iamanoited:
It clearly states 40,000 stalls for horses. Which means the stalls are 40,000, and may be empty. When I say "40,000 bags for rice. Doesnt it mean that there are 40k bags available for rice bagging?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by englishmart(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Two stories, different message. This is worrisome

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2023
englishmart:

2 chronicles 9:25 says "And Solomon had 4,000 stalls for horses and chariots and 12,000 horsemen"

2 Kings 4:26 says "And Solomon had 40,000 stalls of horses for the chariots, and 12,000 men"

Na dis one dey confuse you? Lol.
Maybe you need to take a look at this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/7659505/book-bible-gaffes

There are shitload of contradictions and outright lies in the bible

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 3:18pm On Sep 10, 2023
Iamanoited:
Clearly your English comprehension skills are very poor
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by englishmart(m): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Na dis one dey confuse you? Lol.
Maybe you need to take a look at this thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/7659505/book-bible-gaffes

There are shitload of contradictions and outright lies in the bible
I nearly collapsed. Oboi that book get as e be o.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by englishmart(m): 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2023
jaephoenix:

Clearly your English comprehension skills are very poor
Very terrible.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Caveatemptor(m): 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2023
englishmart:

This contradiction is minor now. Why not check out the Jesus resurrection stories in the four gospels which is supposed to be the foundation of Christianity.

These books were written by different anonymous scribes who claim to be writing under God's instructions/inspiration. Studying the Bible closely shows this is not true or why will an omnipotent and omniscient God dictate one thing to one scribe and dictate something staggeringly different to another. It doesn't just add up rationally.
The simple explanation is that most of these stories are myths,passed down orally for a long time before someone had a bright idea to write them down and create a religion. Some contradictions are due to how the oral stories were told to the scribes(obviously grossly exaggerated) while others stories were lost in translations.
Once you don't take these stories very seriously you will be alright.

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by xproducer: 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
It appears to be a simple Transcription related matter.

1 KINGS 4:26—HOW CAN THIS VERSE SAY SOLOMON HAD 40,000 STALLS WHEN 2 CHRONICLES 9:25 SAYS HE HAD ONLY 4,000 STALLS?
PROBLEM: In recording the prosperity of Solomon, this passage states that he had 40,000 stalls of horses for his chariots. However, 1 Chronicles 9:25 affirms that Solomon had only 4,000 stalls for horses. Which one is right?

SOLUTION: This is undoubtedly a copyist error. The ratio of 4,000 horses to 1,400 chariots, as found in the 2 Chronicles passage, is much more reasonable than a ratio of 40,000 to 1,400 found in the 1 Kings text. In the Hebrew language, the visual difference between the two numbers is very slight. The consonants for the number 40 are rbym,? while the consonants for the number 4 are rbh (the vowels were not written in the text). The manuscripts from which the scribe worked may have been smudged or damaged and have given the appearance of being forty thousand rather than four thousand. - https://defendinginerrancy.com/bible-solutions/1_Kings_4.26.php

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2023
englishmart:
Two stories, different message. This is worrisome

No. Just 2 witnesses different angles views.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by englishmart(m): 3:21am On Sep 12, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

No. Just 2 witnesses different angles views.
I thought it was inspired.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:10am On Sep 12, 2023
LordIsaac:

Meaning neither of them was ‘inspired’ ? I ask because the HolySpirit cannot lie.
And Solʹo·mon had 4,000 stalls of horses for his chariots and 12,000 horses. 1King 4:26 NWT

And Solʹo·mon had 4,000 stalls for his horses and chariots and 12,000 horses, and he kept them stationed in the chariot cities and close by the king in Jerusalem. 2 Chronicles 9:25 NWT

‭‭1 Kings‬ ‭4:26‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Solomon had four thousand stalls for chariot horses, and twelve thousand horses.

‭‭2 Chronicles‬ ‭9:25‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horses, which he kept in the chariot cities and also with him in Jerusalem.

Lots of errors found in the KJV that translators using older manuscripts have unraveled.

For instance @ 1John 5:7

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. ~ KJV

‭‭For there are three that testify: ~ NIV

For there are three witness bearers. ~ NWT

Also @ Matthew 17:21

Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting. ~ KJV

Empty ~ NIV
Empty ~ NWT

This is the reason why most scholars no longer use the KJV.

May you have PEACE!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:22am On Sep 12, 2023
englishmart:

Inspired to testify what they saw.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2023
LordIsaac:

Clearly the inspiration is to tell us what they saw.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by LordIsaac(m): 11:06pm On Sep 12, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Clearly the inspiration is to tell us what they saw.
Right!
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by SIRTee15: 12:01am On Sep 13, 2023
englishmart:

It's the message that's inspired not the book.
In christianity, there's a difference btw the book and the message. This is key.

No one ever said God dictated verbatim to the scribes or prophets.
The prophets filled with the holy spirit received the message. The prophets then write down what they receive within the limitation of human knowledge and capacity.

The holy spirit preserves the message not the book.

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2 Corinthians 3.6

The word of God has no contradictions. If u looking contradictions on the letters, well they were written by imperfect men like yourself.
And that should tell u something about God.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by SIRTee15: 12:15am On Sep 13, 2023
Caveatemptor:

This contradiction is minor now. Why not check out the Jesus resurrection stories in the four gospels which is supposed to be the foundation of Christianity.

Here is my response to your resurrection contradiction claim.

ve gone thru the different resurrection accounts in the 4 gospel and the there's actually no contradiction at all.
In fact the different stories complement each other and when merged together the resurrection events makes logical sense

1. How many women visited the Tomb?

The important thing to note here is that none of the gospel writers said 'only' a particular number visited the tomb. They simply mentioned names of women they knew that visited the tomb.
actual logical contradiction requires exclusionary clauses such as “only x, y, and z were there and no one else” or “only three people witnessed incident a.” None of the Gospel texts do that here; hence, no demonstrable contradiction exists (see Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:1; Luke 24:1-10; John 20:1).

Gospel of John seemingly makes it like only Mary Magdalene visited the tomb until we get to John 20:2. Mary finds the tomb empty, runs to Peter and (presumably) John, and says the following, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and WE do not know where they have laid Him.”

In reporting the words of Mary, John reveals that there were others with Mary.

2. Number of angels

The area which has generated the most discussion concerns the angels who were at the tomb of Jesus. Matthew and Mark relate that one angel addressed the women, while Luke and John say that two angels were at the tomb. This seems to be a discrepancy, with Matthew and Mark knowing of only one angel while Luke and John speak of two. However, Matthew and Mark do not say that there was only one angel at the tomb, but that one angel spoke to the women.

This does not contradict Luke and John, for Matthew and Mark specify that one angel spoke, but they do not say there was only one angel present or only one angel spoke. Quite possibly, one of the angels served as the spokesman for the two, thus he was emphasized.

3. . Who rolled the stone away

The issue with this question is centrally dealing with whether the stone was rolled away from the tomb when the women arrived. Notice that all but one account are in definite agreement. Mark, Luke, and John all say the stone had been moved when the women arrived. It is only Matthew who reports, or appears to report, that the stone was moved as the women were there. So let’s take a careful reading of the verses in question.

Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave. And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it. (Mt. 28:1-2)

The event in verse 2 had already happened before the women arrived. They did not witness the earthquake or the angel rolling the stone. By the time they arrived the tomb, the stone was already rolled away. Matthew is only telling the readers how the stones was rolled away.

4. What happened after they left the tomb.

This is another area where we have a large degree of agreement between the Gospels. To varying degrees, the Gospels each report that the disciples were told. Or at least it was the intent to tell the disciples, which is all Matthew reveals. I will merge my explanation here with another seemingly contradiction which is who among the women saw Jesus.

If we study the accounts carefully, we can make the FF logical conclusion;

Mary Magdalene & the other women travel from Bethany to Jesus’ tomb.

Nearing the tomb, they notice the stone is rolled away. Mary runs to tell Peter and John while the rest of the women continued to the tomb.

With no corpse, empty tomb and encounter with strange men; the other women were initially shocked and took time for them to recover from these extraordinary encounter, until they got over their shock they told nobody.

Mary Magdalene returns to Jesus’ tomb with Peter and John.

Peter and John return to the house after seeing the empty tomb. Mary stays behind where she sees Jesus.

Afterwards, the other women returned to Bethany, stopping first in the city to report their findings to Clopas and other disciples. Thereafter, Jesus appears to the other women as they’re headed back to Bethany.

Another popular contradiction bible critics love to raise is the time the women visited the tomb which I will explain here.

All accounts indicate that it was early on the first day of the week. Matthew says it was as the day began to dawn. Mark, Luke and John all say “early”. The difficulty comes when we see John say that it was still dark, yet Mark say that the sun had risen.
Sunrise could vary in appearance depending on subjective observation. What is dark to some could be cloudy to another.
So these terms in reference to the same approximate time of day are not mutually exclusive.

Moreover, another explanation could be where the women journeyed from.
Earlier in the week some of the disciples lodged at Bethany, two miles from Jerusalem. It’s possible that the women were staying there for the Sabbath, and when John says it was “still dark”, he’s referring to the time they left Bethany and “went to the tomb”.
That’s more than enough time to go from “still dark” (Jn. 20:1) to “when the sun had risen” (Mk. 16:2).
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 2:11am On Sep 13, 2023
xproducer:
It appears to be a simple Transcription related matter.

1 KINGS 4:26—HOW CAN THIS VERSE SAY SOLOMON HAD 40,000 STALLS WHEN 2 CHRONICLES 9:25 SAYS HE HAD ONLY 4,000 STALLS?
PROBLEM: In recording the prosperity of Solomon, this passage states that he had 40,000 stalls of horses for his chariots. However, 1 Chronicles 9:25 affirms that Solomon had only 4,000 stalls for horses. Which one is right?

SOLUTION: This is undoubtedly a copyist error. The ratio of 4,000 horses to 1,400 chariots, as found in the 2 Chronicles passage, is much more reasonable than a ratio of 40,000 to 1,400 found in the 1 Kings text. In the Hebrew language, the visual difference between the two numbers is very slight. The consonants for the number 40 are rbym,? while the consonants for the number 4 are rbh (the vowels were not written in the text). The manuscripts from which the scribe worked may have been smudged or damaged and have given the appearance of being forty thousand rather than four thousand. - https://defendinginerrancy.com/bible-solutions/1_Kings_4.26.php
So was the Bible divinely inspired?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 2:13am On Sep 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And the inspirator cannot inspire them uniformly knowing the book may confuse future generations?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 2:15am On Sep 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

It's the message that's inspired not the book.
In christianity, there's a difference btw the book and the message. This is key.

No one ever said God dictated verbatim to the scribes or prophets.
The prophets filled with the holy spirit received the message. The prophets then write down what they receive within the limitation of human knowledge and capacity.

The holy spirit preserves the message not the book.

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2 Corinthians 3.6

The word of God has no contradictions. If u looking contradictions on the letters, well they were written by imperfect men like yourself.
And that should tell u something about God.
In other words, you want to contradict what the bible said. Remember the bible said its the complete word of god. No one is to add or subtract or second guess it. If you do, ita death. Try and read this your Bible at least

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Steep: 5:41am On Sep 13, 2023
englishmart:

Probably 40,000 stalls but only 400 stalls had horses.
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by SIRTee15: 10:43am On Sep 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

In other words, you want to contradict what the bible said. Remember the bible said its the complete word of god. No one is to add or subtract or second guess it. If you do, ita death. Try and read this your Bible at least

I already defined to u what exactly is the word of God.
So I don't understand your point above.

THE WORD OF GOD IS THE MESSAGE not the letter.
U should learn the classification of exegesis in the bible. Words are men in the bible are not expressive and not inspired.

The biblical writer never thought or said they were writing God’s words verbatim. Instead, they were writing what they knew, what they heard, what they experienced about God.

The hard copy bible is a collection of words about God, not a collection of God’s words to us.

The message in the hard copy bible is the word of God and this is what is inspired by the holy spirit. That is what should not be added or removed.
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Caveatemptor(m): 10:59am On Sep 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

Here is my response to your resurrection contradiction claim.

ve gone thru the different resurrection accounts in the 4 gospel and the there's actually no contradiction at all.
In fact the different stories complement each other and when merged together the resurrection events makes logical sense

1. How many women visited the Tomb?

The important thing to note here is that none of the gospel writers said 'only' a particular number visited the tomb. They simply mentioned names of women they knew that visited the tomb.
actual logical contradiction requires exclusionary clauses such as “only x, y, and z were there and no one else” or “only three people witnessed incident a.” None of the Gospel texts do that here; hence, no demonstrable contradiction exists (see Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:1; Luke 24:1-10; John 20:1).

Gospel of John seemingly makes it like only Mary Magdalene visited the tomb until we get to John 20:2. Mary finds the tomb empty, runs to Peter and (presumably) John, and says the following, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and WE do not know where they have laid Him.”

In reporting the words of Mary, John reveals that there were others with Mary.

2. Number of angels

The area which has generated the most discussion concerns the angels who were at the tomb of Jesus. Matthew and Mark relate that one angel addressed the women, while Luke and John say that two angels were at the tomb. This seems to be a discrepancy, with Matthew and Mark knowing of only one angel while Luke and John speak of two. However, Matthew and Mark do not say that there was only one angel at the tomb, but that one angel spoke to the women.

This does not contradict Luke and John, for Matthew and Mark specify that one angel spoke, but they do not say there was only one angel present or only one angel spoke. Quite possibly, one of the angels served as the spokesman for the two, thus he was emphasized.

3. . Who rolled the stone away

The issue with this question is centrally dealing with whether the stone was rolled away from the tomb when the women arrived. Notice that all but one account are in definite agreement. Mark, Luke, and John all say the stone had been moved when the women arrived. It is only Matthew who reports, or appears to report, that the stone was moved as the women were there. So let’s take a careful reading of the verses in question.

Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave. And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it. (Mt. 28:1-2)

The event in verse 2 had already happened before the women arrived. They did not witness the earthquake or the angel rolling the stone. By the time they arrived the tomb, the stone was already rolled away. Matthew is only telling the readers how the stones was rolled away.

4. What happened after they left the tomb.

This is another area where we have a large degree of agreement between the Gospels. To varying degrees, the Gospels each report that the disciples were told. Or at least it was the intent to tell the disciples, which is all Matthew reveals. I will merge my explanation here with another seemingly contradiction which is who among the women saw Jesus.

If we study the accounts carefully, we can make the FF logical conclusion;

Mary Magdalene & the other women travel from Bethany to Jesus’ tomb.

Nearing the tomb, they notice the stone is rolled away. Mary runs to tell Peter and John while the rest of the women continued to the tomb.

With no corpse, empty tomb and encounter with strange men; the other women were initially shocked and took time for them to recover from these extraordinary encounter, until they got over their shock they told nobody.

Mary Magdalene returns to Jesus’ tomb with Peter and John.

Peter and John return to the house after seeing the empty tomb. Mary stays behind where she sees Jesus.

Afterwards, the other women returned to Bethany, stopping first in the city to report their findings to Clopas and other disciples. Thereafter, Jesus appears to the other women as they’re headed back to Bethany.

Another popular contradiction bible critics love to raise is the time the women visited the tomb which I will explain here.

All accounts indicate that it was early on the first day of the week. Matthew says it was as the day began to dawn. Mark, Luke and John all say “early”. The difficulty comes when we see John say that it was still dark, yet Mark say that the sun had risen.
Sunrise could vary in appearance depending on subjective observation. What is dark to some could be cloudy to another.
So these terms in reference to the same approximate time of day are not mutually exclusive.

Moreover, another explanation could be where the women journeyed from.
Earlier in the week some of the disciples lodged at Bethany, two miles from Jerusalem. It’s possible that the women were staying there for the Sabbath, and when John says it was “still dark”, he’s referring to the time they left Bethany and “went to the tomb”.
That’s more than enough time to go from “still dark” (Jn. 20:1) to “when the sun had risen” (Mk. 16:2).

You have successfully shown that the bible is not an inspired word of an omniscient deity. It is filled up with myths plagiarised/stolen from ancient civilisations. That is why there are so many contradictions and conflicting stories because the different stories were compressed into its present formats by the Romans and the Catholic Church at the various councils of Nicaea,Constantinople,and Ephesis amoung others. These were the meetings where the Romans and their collaborators in the early Church decided which of the various books circulating around were canonical and those that were heresy.
Those that the church selected became the books of the Bible while those not selected were left out.
You need to read a bit more. The books in the Bible were written by men!

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by SIRTee15: 11:22am On Sep 13, 2023
Caveatemptor:

You have successfully shown that the bible is not an inspired word of an omniscient deity. It is filled up with myths plagiarised/stolen from ancient civilisations. That is why there are so many contradictions and conflicting stories because the different stories were compressed into its present formats by the Romans and the Catholic Church at the various councils of Nicaea,Constantinople,and Ephesis amoung others. These were the meetings where the Romans and their collaborators in the early Church decided which of the various books circulating around were canonical and those that were heresy.
Those that the church selected became the books of the Bible while those not selected were left out.
You need to read a bit more. The books in the Bible were written by men!

Focus on the resurrection story pls. This is what my post to u is about.
Not some conspiracy junks about early church history that's completely unfounded and lack any form of verifiable evidence- be it emperical or factual.

I don't have a problem debating early church history with u. In fact we will start with the first century AD where it all began.
I will bury u just like I did to your other wannabe atheist colleagues and some confused black jews. Checked my previous posts to see their grave yards.

But for now, pont out the contradictions in my explanation or the bible ressurection story.
Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by englishmart(m): 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Their accounts aren't the same. Or didn't they see the same thing?

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by Caveatemptor(m): 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

Not some conspiracy junks about early church history that's completely unfounded and lack any form of verifiable evidence- be it emperical or factual.

I don't have a problem debating early church history with u. In fact we will start with the first century AD where it all began.
I will bury u just like I did to your other wannabe atheist colleagues and some confused black jews. Checked my previous posts to see their grave yards.

But for now, pont out the contradictions in my explanation or the bible ressurection story.

To people like you,all you aim for is to according to you,"Bury you just like I did....."
I am not interested in that but to point out facts and the folly of your thought process when you decide to suspend rationality and assume the emotional toga of faith.

The point is that the bible is an amalgamation of disjointed plagiarised myths cobbled together by men/scribes and not the words of an omniscient deity. These books were cobbled together in a haphazard way by the Romans (who had adopted Christianity as a state religion) and the Catholic Church at certain Christian Council meetings where doctrines were adopted.
Doctrines that did not meet the agenda of the Roman government and the Catholic priests were jettisoned, while those that matched the agenda were adopted as canonical. That is why the bible is packed full of apparent contradictory statements and philosophy. Once you understand this simple fact the problem of contradiction in the Bible is clearly understandable.

And a subtle reminder,you did not bury anyone on any thread. Your problem is once people refused to see things from your jaundiced viewpoint,you resorted to abuse and everyone just vacated the thread for you,so as to avoid descending to the level you wanted them to descend to-the mud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

I already defined to u what exactly is the word of God.
So I don't understand your point above.

THE WORD OF GOD IS THE MESSAGE not the letter.
U should learn the classification of exegesis in the bible. Words are men in the bible are not expressive and not inspired.

The biblical writer never thought or said they were writing God’s words verbatim . Instead, they were writing what they knew, what they heard, what they experienced about God.

The hard copy bible is a collection of words about God, not a collection of God’s words to us.

The message in the hard copy bible is the word of God and this is what is inspired by the holy spirit. That is what should not be added or removed.
Wtf is this nigga on?!
The Bible is littered with verses where its literally clearly written "….. and thus sayeth the Lord… "
And many of those verses were instructions and punishments meted by the all so loving god.

Besides your bible also said in 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (New International Version)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work
Its clearly written there 'All' not some, or few but all
See dude, I suggest you actually sit down and read this your Bible once
Shalom kiss

1 Like

Re: I Need Help To Understand These Conflicting Bible Verses. by jaephoenix(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2023
SIRTee15:

Lol. This nigga. Obviously you haven't read this Bible cos if you did, you'd know its filled with bullshit.
One of the regular defenses chrissies put up when you confront them with the buybull is they say 'if you read the bible to look for errors, you'll find errors' and I'm like 'so you knew there were some mind-boggling cock-ups in that buybull but you still decide to base your whole life and still argue on it? '

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anti-christ Or Anti-messiah: On Whose Side Are You? / What Exactly Is It About Traditional Religion That We (YOU) Fear? / – Kemi Omololu-blasphemous Statement:Against “pastor Adeboye & Bishop Oyedepo ”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.