Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? (1405 Views)

How To Avoid Getting Kidnapped On The Highway / How To Avoid Getting Kidnapped / Lady Livestreams Her Getting Raped After Getting Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Kelvin30286063(m): 6:05pm On May 17, 2021
This is going to be a little silly especially since it looks almost unavoidable if you're a target these days but I'll take a little time to explain why I'm worried and let you judge if my worries are justified.
I'm a young man in my 30s and I'm currently building a house in a remote area in Akure, the house is a little big and I drive a car that's somehow flashy so to say (2012 Acura TL). The area is a new site. Everyday I drive to my site, I have to drive past different fulanis and their cows. Several farmers and Labourers working on the farms.
I have to state that this area is not totally remote. There are houses scattered everywhere but since it's a new site, everyone minds their businesses.

Since they started work on this site, I've had one reason or the other to go to the site everyday. Either the engineers need something, the suppliers are not cooperating or someone is waiting for me at the site that needs to survey something.
I have to be honest, I'm a little worried that I might get kidnapped one day, out of fear, I have tried to make friends with some of those fulanis but to no avail. They will just be looking at you like why is this one talking to us.

My question is, what are the tips you can give me that can help me avoid stories that touch. Cuz if I get kidnapped now, na to kill me cuz chinchin no dey my pocket again. I have spent all my money to book supplies so that work won't stop on site.

Policemen in the house, security agents and friends, please how do one avoid this kind of thing? Please don't tell me to hire a bodyguard cuz you know that doesn't work and I'm not even a big man but when you see me, you are almost convinced that I have money loaded somewhere.

I'm sorry if the question looks dumb. It's just my worry.

I should also point out that the deeper life pastor that was kidnapped recently happened in that area of Akure.
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by benson4u(m): 6:14pm On May 17, 2021
Change your schedule of going there, never tell or reveal to anyone when you're going to the site or leaving the site. Wear something moderate to the site. Take transportation to the site. Don't go to the site except it's very necessary. Contact someone to go to the site for minor things needed in the site if necessary. Don't act like you own the site instead insist you are doing it for someone. My little contribution sha wink

9 Likes

Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by lilvicky68(m): 6:15pm On May 17, 2021
To become a kidnapper.. grin

1 Like

Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by ChiefSosa(m): 6:42pm On May 17, 2021
I won't lie to you; there's no way. Even if you have 100 guards, you can't even be 100% sure 'cause dem fit even plan u sef. Kidnappers dey kidnap each other sef especially if money/disagreement enter. The same way u dey plan to commot early, u no know say dem sef dey plan? Area wey u dey plan say e dey safe, u no know say dey demsef dey plan that area?? U hide for house, dem or armed robbers go come. Oboy, na everything and everywhere dey risky. Some kind places just dey more/less risky. Na just to live life and dey careful o cause anything for happen. Even men of God dey aware

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:02pm On May 17, 2021
ChiefSosa:
I won't lie to you; there's no way. Even if you have 100 guards, you can't even be 100% sure 'cause dem fit even plan u sef. Kidnappers dey kidnap each other sef especially if money/disagreement enter. The same way u dey plan to commot early, u no know say dem sef dey plan? Area wey u dey plan say e dey safe, u no know say dey demsef dey plan that area?? U hide for house, dem or armed robbers go come. Oboy, na everything and everywhere dey risky. Some kind places just dey more/less risky. Na just to live life and dey careful o cause anything for happen. Even men of God dey aware
Ahhhh... This one too much oo. See as you scatter table!
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by ChiefSosa(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Ahhhh... This one too much oo. See as you scatter table!
Lol, na people wey dey in charge of security really shake table o. But, ondo state is relatively safer than several states. I go there once a while when I need to cool off... BUT we gats still dey at alert.
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Onlinefarmstore: 7:43pm On May 17, 2021
Hmm

If you look through my profile you can know that am not new to working in remote areas.....infact Forest without network or with relatively few humans.

Tips: Always learn to blend. Go in rickety vehicles, but highly sophisticated.

Always don't let much people know about your movement. Only my Mum know my movement, highest I can tell you is am coming.

Always say less....The fewer people know about you the safer you are.

Loose lips sink ships.....Avoid bragging and talk talk......

Blend in.....The fulanis might not be your problem (may never), someone will betray you to them

Use your sixth sense. NEVER have a schedule for Visitation (for example he always come so and so time).

Be unpredictable.

Treat your staff well, they can tell you the behind the scene plans.

Let them see you as equal with you.

Don't let them you own the house, make it look like you are just a middle ma ( all my properties, people think am just a small boy handling it for my father).

I repeat pray, pray pray, and follow instints.

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:45pm On May 17, 2021
benson4u:
Change your schedule of going there, never tell or reveal to anyone when you're going to the site or leaving the site. Wear something moderate to the site. Take transportation to the site. Don't go to the site except it's very necessary. Contact someone to go to the site for minor things needed in the site if necessary. Don't act like you own the site instead insist you are doing it for someone. My little contribution sha wink
Thanks for the tips. God bless you. Will write them down and make sure I follow them
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by galaxi(m): 7:47pm On May 17, 2021
Do not always go with your car, hire the services of tricycle or motorcycle, avoid coming at particular time everyday and do not spend long time when you visit the site,dress simple(short and t-shirt).

Be friendly with your workers,if it’s not against your faith buy local agbor, beer and give out lunch money once in a while.

This formula have always worked for me.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:06pm On May 17, 2021
galaxi:
Do not always go with your car, hire the services of tricycle or motorcycle, avoid coming at particular time everyday and do not spend long time when you visit the site,dress simple(short and t-shirt).

Be friendly with your workers,if it’s not against your faith buy local agbor, beer and give out lunch money once in a while.

This formula have always worked for me.

Thanks. I'm very friendly with my workers and I dress simple. Thank you for the tips
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 17, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool. JUST SAY HOLLY GRAM AND U ARE FVCKING FREE FROM KIDNAPPERZ
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Ajimusty2: 9:16pm On May 17, 2021
Lols
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by lawalosky(m): 9:36pm On May 17, 2021
They are buzy surveying you, na to cut and Choo you like suya remain
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:50pm On May 17, 2021
Onlinefarmstore:
Hmm

If you look through my profile you can know that am not new to working in remote areas.....infact Forest without network or with relatively few humans.

Tips: Always learn to blend. Go in rickety vehicles, but highly sophisticated.

Always don't let much people know about your movement. Only my Mum know my movement, highest I can tell you is am coming.

Always say less....The fewer people know about you the safer you are.

Loose lips sink ships.....Avoid bragging and talk talk......

Blend in.....The fulanis might not be your problem (may never), someone will betray you to them

Use your sixth sense. NEVER have a schedule for Visitation (for example he always come so and so time).

Be unpredictable.

Treat your staff well, they can tell you the behind the scene plans.

Let them see you as equal with you.

Don't let them you own the house, make it look like you are just a middle ma ( all my properties, people think am just a small boy handling it for my father).

I repeat pray, pray pray, and follow instints.
Thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by ipadeola91057: 11:01pm On May 17, 2021
To become a kidnapper..
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by ecomalchemist(m): 6:20am On May 18, 2021
when you are in Rome, act like a Roman
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:55am On May 18, 2021
Guy,get yourself a gun.no dey slack
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:33am On May 18, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Guy,get yourself a gun.no dey slack
You actually think getting myself a gun is the safest way to prevent getting kidnapped. One gun against about 5 or 6 kidnappers who will also come with guns? Bros why now! You want to get me killed. Lol
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:54pm On May 18, 2021
ipadeola91057:
To become a kidnapper..
Lol
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Jakumo(m): 4:11pm On May 18, 2021
Brotherman you need to buy a rickety Landrover for your trips to the building site, while also dressing like a laborer during those journeys.

Leave the flashy car in the city, where it will come in useful as a homing device for beautiful university women.

Your expensive iPhone or similar clone must also be kept at home, ESPECIALLY if it contains banking information. Take a cheap 4-thousand naira Nokia dumb-phone to the bush, and make damn sure that it contains NOTHING that can be interpreted as banking information.

If you can afford a nice car, you can definitely afford to acquire a 12-round pump-action shotgun to carry along on those trips to remote areas.

Even if you don't intend to fragment any craniums with that gun, a few rapid-fire warning shots can go a long way to ensuring disgruntled elements keep their distance if the need ever arises.

Finally, if you really want to go high tech in monitoring your surroundings, buy a Phantom3 Standard drone for $300 USD online, and learn to program it to fly pre-defined missions, before returning to your building site for landing. Autoflight missions can be programmed using the LITCHI Mission Hub, a FREE download, along with the Litch app that does need a smart device. This drone will fly six miles roundtrip and monitor the surroundings with superb video footage you can study on your laptop before hitting the road.

5 Likes

Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by whirlwind7(m): 4:26pm On May 18, 2021
Jakumo:
Brotherman you need to buy a rickety Landrover for your trips to the building site, while also dressing like a laborer during those journeys.

Leave the flashy car in the city, where it will come in useful as a homing device for beautiful university women.

Your expensive iPhone or similar clone must also be kept at home, ESPECIALLY if it contains banking information. Take a cheap 4-thousand naira Nokia dumb-phone to the bush, and make damn sure that it contains NOTHING that can be interpreted as banking information.

Lastly, if you can afford a nice car, you can definitely afford to acquire a 12-round pump-action shotgun to carry along on those trips to remote areas.

Even if you don't intend to fragment any craniums with that gun, a few rapid-fire warning shots can go a long way to ensuring disgruntled elements keep their distance if the need ever arises.

Finally, if you really want to go high tech in monitoring your surroundings, buy a Phantom3 Standard drone for $300 USD online, and learn to program it to fly pre-defined missions, before returning to your building site for landing. Autoflight missions can be programmed using the LITCHI Mission Hub, a FREE download, along with the Litch app that does need a smart device. This drone will fly six miles roundtrip, and can monitor the surroundings with superb video footage you can study on your laptop before hitting the road.

Useful tips for perilous times grin

1 Like

Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by lagusboyyy(m): 5:55pm On May 18, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
This is going to be a little silly especially since it looks almost unavoidable if you're a target these days but I'll take a little time to explain why I'm worried and let you judge if my worries are justified.
I'm a young man in my 30s and I'm currently building a house in a remote area in Akure, the house is a little big and I drive a car that's somehow flashy so to say (2012 Acura TL). The area is a new site. Everyday I drive to my site, I have to drive past different fulanis and their cows. Several farmers and Labourers working on the farms.
I have to state that this area is not totally remote. There are houses scattered everywhere but since it's a new site, everyone minds their businesses.

Since they started work on this site, I've had one reason or the other to go to the site everyday. Either the engineers need something, the suppliers are not cooperating or someone is waiting for me at the site that needs to survey something.
I have to be honest, I'm a little worried that I might get kidnapped one day, out of fear, I have tried to make friends with some of those fulanis but to no avail. They will just be looking at you like why is this one talking to us.

My question is, what are the tips you can give me that can help me avoid stories that touch. Cuz if I get kidnapped now, na to kill me cuz chinchin no dey my pocket again. I have spent all my money to book supplies so that work won't stop on site.

Policemen in the house, security agents and friends, please how do one avoid this kind of thing? Please don't tell me to hire a bodyguard cuz you know that doesn't work and I'm not even a big man but when you see me, you are almost convinced that I have money loaded somewhere.

I should also point out that the deeper life pastor that was kidnapped recently happened in that area of Akure.
Keep low profile bro and pray/hope for the best.

Nigeria is getting to the point that security agents can even protect you, if you like surround yourself with ten armed soldiers.

So many big men have either been killed or kidnapped, even with armed security men around them.
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by iamrealdeji(m): 11:53am On Oct 18, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Stop driving your Akura to site and take Okada or danfo. Appear like you don't own the site and just a bricklayer or foreman there It's always very good to appear poor if God has started raising you up as a young man. Don't wear new shoes and clothes. Wear simple cheap tshirts and old jeans. I'm not joking o. It's always good to appear poor if you're rich. My brother. Even people won't disturb you for money. Wait till you have so much money and can afford security. Even if people know you're building the house,make them feel it's your last Kobo you're using to build it and you won't attract kidnappers.
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by pcagbaji(m): 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
Don't go there with your car, dress like one of the workers in the site, don't paint the house after building completed , from personal experience don't allow people to identify you as the owner, try to get to know the vigilante in the area and asked them the security situation of the area
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by FuckDModz: 11:49pm On Oct 18, 2022
grin

You can’t avoid it.

When it’s time, you will be kidnapped.

Just prepare for it.
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by faithfull18(f): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2022
Hmmn
Re: How Can One Avoid Getting Kidnapped? by Godfullsam(m): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2022
Always commit your ways to God's hands when ever you are going out o.

I heard kidnappers are coming to people's houses to pick them in some parts of the north.

This country don cast aswear!

These days I don't make friends anymore more because I don't know who is who.

(1) (Reply)

Sylvester Oromoni: More Dark Tales From Dowen College Emerges / 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. / Digital Fraud! He Left Nigeria To UK Early Last Year.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.