Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. (1413 Views)

Shock As ‘female Prisoner’ Is Discovered To Actually Be A Male (photo) / Man Who Raped And Buried Girl Alive Is Executed By Lethal Injection In The US / US Murderer Is Executed By Electric Chair For Killing A Rapist Inmate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by Solidkay(m): 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2022
This is how a prisoner is treated before he or she is slain.
In the final 24 hours before his or her execution, a convict can be visited by relatives, friends, lawyers, and spiritual advisers. The prisoner is given a chance to a dive them and may repent for the wrongdoings he/she might have done.

Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by Solidkay(m): 5:49pm On Feb 02, 2022
These meetings take place in the deathwatch room or a private visitor area and last until the last day. The relatives and family members have a chance to see the prisoner for the last time before being taken to the execution chamber.

Several things happen in the closing seconds before the execution.

To put an individual to death, executioners utilize a variety of methods, including lethal injection, hanging, and the electric chair.
Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by Solidkay(m): 5:52pm On Feb 02, 2022
Before somebody is executed, the following are the steps that must be taken:

1. The inmate is searched to check if he or she possesses a fatal weapon that could be used to commit murder or suicide. He or she is then brought to a death house to rest and have the last word with his/her creator.

2. In the execution chamber, there is a bathroom and everything necessary, and the inmate is continuously and closely supervised to ensure that he/she does not commit suicide or harm himself.

3. On the day of execution, the inmate rises at 4.30 a.m. to attend to any outstanding issues.

1. The inmate is searched to check if he or she possesses a fatal weapon that could be used to commit murder or suicide. He or she is then brought to a death house to rest and have the last word with his/her creator.

2. In the execution chamber, there is a bathroom and everything necessary, and the inmate is continuously and closely supervised to ensure that he/she does not commit suicide or harm himself.

3. On the day of execution, the inmate rises at 4.30 a.m. to attend to any outstanding issues.

4. They are allowed to spend time with their families or even make last-minute phone calls to say their goodbyes to anybody he/she likes.

5. They are given their last supper and are allowed to prepare it themselves on a fateful day.
6. The inmate is trimmed to make the electrocution procedure easier if the sentence is to be carried out by electrocution. In preparation for the execution, they bathe and change into their new uniforms.

7. At this point, witnesses to the execution appear. They include family members, lawyers, friends, and even strangers.

8. Eventually, the preacher contemplates the inmate's final execution and prayer to be accepted in Heaven.

Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by dangoteinlaw: 6:08pm On Feb 02, 2022
Most prisoners remain in death roll for up to 20years. Signing a death execution frightens the hell out of of incoming governors.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by LeoDeKing: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2022
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by Druggey(m): 6:54pm On Feb 02, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
Most prisoners remain in death roll for up to 20years. Signing a death execution frightens the hell out of of incoming governors.
But not Nigerian Gandollar cool
Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 02, 2022
Till I depart this world,even in my next life,I will never for any reason take any human life,part of the reason I will never dream of engaging in any law enforcement job,I can't see myself living a day more if I take any human life in any form.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by KenghisKhan(m): 10:54am On Feb 03, 2022
Why are they monitoring the convict for suicide? Are they not going to kill him/her anyway? However one choose to die in such situation should be their option at least.

Stay away from crime and always control your anger. it's better to be called a coward and you are free, than to prove yourself and loose your freedom and or Life.

1 Like

Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by HilcomTech(m): 5:17am On Feb 04, 2022
KenghisKhan:
Why are they monitoring the convict for suicide? Are they not going to kill him/her anyway? However one choose to die in such situation should be their option at least.

Stay away from crime and always control your anger. it's better to be called a coward and you are free, than to prove yourself and loose your freedom and or Life.

It is very important for people to learn to control their anger as a lot of people have put themselves into serious trouble due to their anger. Always stay away from crime too.

They cannot be given the choice to commit suicide because that is not what the courts say

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by HilcomTech(m): 5:23am On Feb 04, 2022
toobusy:
Till I depart this world,even in my next life,I will never for any reason take any human life,part of the reason I will never dream of engaging in any law enforcement job,I can't see myself living a day more if I take any human life in any form.

Not all law enforcement officers kill and those who may have to take a life do it out of necessity. Armed robbers, terrorists, bandits, kidnapers, hired assassin's, etc are evil people and the constitution have mandated law enforcement officers to stop them by using any means necessary.

The reason you can live comfortably in your house and even be typing on Nairaland is because law enforcement officers are doing their jobs.

May God continue to protect us from evil people.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by MufasaLion: 6:11am On Feb 04, 2022
dangoteinlaw:

Exactly!

That shit ain't an easy task. You will bear the burden in your heart till you die.
Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by MufasaLion: 6:14am On Feb 04, 2022
KenghisKhan:

Committing suicide is one of the painful ways to die. Most times, its a slow and painful death.

Being executed by any of the legal ways are better, albeit still painful.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by alaba1e: 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2022
sad
Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by mediainc: 12:43pm On Feb 04, 2022
America government execute thousands yearly via deathrow, I wonder what Nigeria government are keeping them for...
Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by mediainc: 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
That is Nigeria for you, you wonder what they keep the demons for... perhaps to keep killing innocent Nigerians.
Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by mediainc: 12:47pm On Feb 04, 2022
toobusy:
Somebody's got to take out the bad guys, if their numbers get too much in our country, no one will be safe.
Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by Polynek(m): 12:48pm On Feb 04, 2022
Nice write-up
Re: 8 Things That Happen Before A Prisoner Is Executed. by Solidkay(m): 3:20pm On Feb 04, 2022
toobusy:

Tell me honestly,
If you're faced with a killer herdsman and you have just 2 options, kill or get killed,
What will you do?

(1) (Reply)

I Didn’t Know How The Gun Get To My Hand & Shoot Him – Landlord Killed Tenant / Video As Sick Man Sleeps In Front Of Bank After Being Denied Access To His M.... / Caught With Charm: Fake Soldier Arrested In Enugu By Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.