Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 (20751 Views)

Anthony Joshua V Francis Ngannou: Fight Today / Tyson Fury Labels Anthony Joshua A Disgrace For Deciding Not To Fight Wilder / Anthony Joshua Given 24 Hours To Respond To $50m Offer To Fight Wilder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by Mayordanny: 10:26am On May 18, 2021
No way Wilder is beating Fury, he lacks what it takes
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by iJhoe(m): 10:33am On May 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Fury dominated Wilder. Yes, there were knockdowns, but Fury should have won that fight.

According to the match stat, Fury outlanded Wilder in 9 out of 12 rounds. Even in the rounds where he dropped Fury, Fury should have won, but the knockdowns won the rounds for Wilder.

When Wladmir Klitschko and Samuel Peter originally met, Samuel Peter knocked him down three times, but Klitschko still won the fight by virtue of the more rounds he won.

This should have been the case with Wilder-Fury.

Fury should have been declared winner. He was robbed.

This is very easy to understand.

Fury dominated rounds and the inscrutable wiider's knock out culminated to the draw. At least, a good judge as those that adjudged the match knew better to consider those factors.

And since there isn't any pending factor to sluice in the second match. Fury won convincingly.

At least nobody decry fouls

Knock out or nothing for Wilder in the first match. It is Crystal clear that Fury won with tactics, skill-play and Domination not just in the second match but even in the first match

A third fight is very unnecessary. Wilder is just trying to play the cards and if the cards he seem to play over-turn. He would be the greatest loser. At least for Fury it's nothing, he might loose his belt fine but still have to take AJ on his bout.

Simple and smart

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by Litmus: 10:38am On May 18, 2021
owobokiri:
Problem with Wilder is that he's too strong headed. He got himself into unnecessary fights with the Gypsy king for two times, when at his age in the ring, he should be cherry picking his fights like Mayweather did and still does. He bought into the hype that his shots were more like a nuclear bomb and that somehow, he's unbeatable. His belief was that he can knock out anybody at anytime!. How wrong... I heard that the promoters of the Fury vs Joshua match wouldn't mind paying him a hefty sum to just stay quiet and allow this fight go on. Yet, he wants a 3rd go at Fury. He might get manhandled again... And that will put a final nail on the coffin of his career..

At his age, if he's promised such a hefty sum to dodge a fight, sit at him home and watch TV, he should consider that. Maybe fight the winner after. Mayweather dodged Pacquiao for a very long time, aware of how dangerous he was at his prime and only took up the fight when age started taking its toll ... Today, he's still making millions fighting YouTube stars! His unbeaten records still intact! Ad you can't question his abilities in the ring, because he did well to prove that beyond reasonable doubt in his hey days..

Mayweather is 2 years older than Pacquia, so why would Maywather drag foot in the hope that age would catch up with Pacquia?

You’re buying into white racists denials of Merewether’s greatness. Many hate Mayweather not because of his supposed ostentatiousness but because he made comments that implied Africans are physically superior to other races.
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by Krismas(m): 10:40am On May 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

But Wilder never did for many years. He never upgraded.

The only thing about him is his right hand.

He can never beat Fury.

Maybe he can beat Joshua, though. Because Joshua does not appear like he can take a punch.

cool Joshua took a shot well from Klistcho. Also, nothing say Joshua shud allow any shot to land on him, including dat he himself has shots of his own. Fury v Wilder 3 will happen. Only den, can u say for certain dat, Wilder cannever beat Fury
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by Wells98(m): 10:42am On May 18, 2021
You guys that are talking nonsense about Deontay Wilder, go and watch his latest videos on Instagram, his hungry to devour Fury...
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by Wells98(m): 10:44am On May 18, 2021
Krismas:
cool Joshua took a shot well from Klistcho. Also, nothing say Joshua shud allow any shot to land on him, including dat he himself has shots of his own. Fury v Wilder 3 will happen. Only den, can u say for certain dat, Wilder cannever beat Fury

Deontay has upgraded, more power and speed and has fixed his footwork problem... Don't say what you know
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by Wells98(m): 10:45am On May 18, 2021
Mayordanny:
No way Wilder is beating Fury, he lacks what it takes

Not the New Wilder, fool me once shame on me...
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by jadyclem(m): 11:32am On May 18, 2021
KosiGee:
Deontay Wilder can’t beat Fury. Why is he working so hard to get himself injured? Fury bested him in their two previous fights.
He should stop being a clog in the wheel of progress.

Fury vs Joshua is the fight we want to see. Either can use Deontay as a sparring partner.
I don't think you watched the first fight between the two. Wilder bested fury in the first fight, I believe it was the over confidence that made him train less which resulted to fury outclassing him in their second clash.
A third clash between the two will be a very hard one for fury: you know why? It's simply because a man that's already on the ground has got nothing to lose, but he would certainly want to prove a point.
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by jadyclem(m): 11:40am On May 18, 2021
3coins:

He beat wilder is the last two fights? I am sure you didn’t watch the first
Seriously. ..most of the people saying fury beat wilder in the first fight didn't watch it. Wilder completely outclassed fury in that fight. To be sincere, wilder won that fight - I was shocked when they scored it as draw.
The second fight was what I didn't understand. The same wilder that was very confident and always on the attack in the first fight was now looking very scared to throw a punch all through the time the second fight lasted. Maybe God just wanted to humble him because he really got so loud before that fight
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by virago(f): 12:24pm On May 18, 2021
paulolee:
abeg make wilder calm down jhare, d last time he ended in ICU n it seems na casket de call am this time.
let fury face A.J and we see happens, am tired of trying to convince aj fans dt fury is better n more experienced than both of them..
as for wilder, Mk him jus relax, fury would come back to him after dt joshua fight because it seems dt him stubborn head go surely end up for anoda ICU again because wilder stannd no chance atall..
Abeg oga fergie, ole go do another 3 points giveaway for old traffford tomoro?? i bin collect dt Leicester n Liverpool own but I still need dt tomorro own, if him go do abeg gv me update mk i stake fulham to win 5k for dt 8 odds, na 40k be dt o..

All you Fury fanboys are just deluded , Fury can only beat Wilder out of the top present heavyweights , I put it to you that neither Fury nor Wilder can beat Ruiz unless they use the same tactic Joshua used , both can't even beat Parker
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by virago(f): 12:26pm On May 18, 2021
KosiGee:
Deontay Wilder can’t beat Fury. Why is he working so hard to get himself injured? Fury bested him in their two previous fights.
He should stop being a clog in the wheel of progress.

Fury vs Joshua is the fight we want to see. Either can use Deontay as a sparring partner.

Wilder can't beat any of the current heavyweights

AJ
Fury
Whyte
Parker
Ruiz
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by virago(f): 12:32pm On May 18, 2021
3coins:

You are talking about wilder like he is a weak fighter saying he will be a good “sparring partner” for AJ or Fury two fighters he will comfortably beat on a good day. Again did you watch WilderFury1. Wilder won that fight it was clear. The fact that he lost woefully in the last fight does not make him a weak fighter all of a sudden. Boxers have their off days.
That said, I am not fighting with you, the use of “confused there was totally unnecessary.
Good morning

Wider can't box to save his life , I think the fight between him and Ruiz is in the works ? Let him go and fight Ruiz and get a concussion first
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by virago(f): 12:35pm On May 18, 2021
Hseffa:

I still believe AJ should revert to his early days style of raw, unrefined, deadly and victory-assured pattern.
Since his Ruiz fight, I became doubtful of his predictable finesse.
Days of Tyson. Raw and pound-for-pound till Don King emotionally ruined him.

Ruiz is the hardest puncher for now and he can take a beating , his 2 losses were on points and both fighters had to literally keep him at arms length.
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by virago(f): 12:43pm On May 18, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

But Wilder never did for many years. He never upgraded.

The only thing about him is his right hand.

He can never beat Fury.

Maybe he can beat Joshua, though. Because Joshua does not appear like he can take a punch.

Joshua takes punches better than Fury
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by akmaldini(m): 1:08pm On May 18, 2021
virago:

Says who? Joshua has a weak chin. If it was Aj that received such kind of punch wilder hit fury in round 12, do you think AJ can stand up?
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by virago(f): 1:20pm On May 18, 2021
akmaldini:

Says who? Joshua has a weak chin. If it was Aj that received such kind of punch wilder hit fury in round 12, do you think AJ can stand up?

Yes he will get up and I don't believe Fury will get up from a Ruiz punch
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by walozanga(m): 2:57pm On May 18, 2021
Krismas:
cool Not going to happen. AJ v Usyk and Fury v Wilder3 is wot u’l see b4 d year end

Read my quote well. U will see we are saying the same thing. U are talking from the perspective were Wilder maintain he need a rematch B4 aj vs fury
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by Minjim: 4:22pm On May 18, 2021
I think a court is supposed to settle fight. Why is the court now telling them they must fight?
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by Easy2K: 4:27pm On May 18, 2021
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:54pm On May 18, 2021
virago:

Yes, we saw it against Ruiz.

And old man Klitschko floored him.

The truth is if Wilder manages to land a right on Joshua, he is never going to wake up so soon.

He is going to sleep.
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by Jayrow08: 9:57pm On May 18, 2021
Wilder go and sit down, bring back ur dead career by fighting Dillian Whyte aka Body Snatcher.

The world want to see Fury Vs AJ for now.
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by virago(f): 8:44am On May 19, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Yes, we saw it against Ruiz.

And old man Klitschko floored him.

The truth is if Wilder manages to land a right on Joshua, he is never going to wake up so soon.

He is going to sleep.

And Fury got knocked down by that journeyman who can't box to save his life , TWICE!
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:57am On May 19, 2021
virago:

And Fury got knocked down by that journeyman who can't box to save his life , TWICE!

Wilder may not be a skilled fighter, but he is one of the hardest punchers in the history of the sport.

Maybe you don't know the meaning of journeyman.

Joshua is more skilled than Wilder.

But if Wilder manages to land one on Joshua.

Just forget it. He will never beat the count.

Even with Fury's large skull, he still could not absorb the power of that punch.

When Breazeale received Wilder's punch, his legs twitched.

Wilder is not a skilled boxer, at least compared to Fury and Joshua.

But not even the best boxers underrate his right hand.
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:09am On May 19, 2021
virago:

You are obviously new to boxing.

Ruiz is not a hard puncher. He just has fast hands.

He was even unranked when he beat Joshua up like a baby.

Despite being concussed, Ruiz could still not knock Joshua out.
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by virago(f): 5:30pm On May 19, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

You are obviously new to boxing.

Ruiz is not a hard puncher. He just has fast hands.

He was even unranked when he beat Joshua up like a baby.

Despite being concussed, Ruiz could still not knock Joshua out.

You are the one who is very new to boxing and stats , Ruiz has a power punch of 967 while Wilder has a score of 927. Before you come to challenge me please check your stats very well. Me calling Wilder a journeyman is just to make mockery of him and his skills. Also saying Ruiz was unranked shows you know next to nothing about boxing.
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by virago(f): 5:31pm On May 19, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Wilder may not be a skilled fighter, but he is one of the hardest punchers in the history of the sport.

Maybe you don't know the meaning of journeyman.

Joshua is more skilled than Wilder.

But if Wilder manages to land one on Joshua.

Just forget it. He will never beat the count.

Even with Fury's large skull, he still could not absorb the power of that punch.

When Breazeale received Wilder's punch, his legs twitched.

Wilder is not a skilled boxer, at least compared to Fury and Joshua.

But not even the best boxers underrate his right hand.

Please check the power punch scores of all present boxers
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by akmaldini(m): 11:04pm On May 19, 2021
virago:

Just shows you dont know anything in boxing..
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:15am On May 20, 2021
virago:

You are the one who is very new to boxing and stats , Ruiz has a power punch of 967 while Wilder has a score of 927. Before you come to challenge me please check your stats very well. Me calling Wilder a journeyman is just to make mockery of him and his skills. Also saying Ruiz was unranked shows you know next to nothing about boxing.

In September 2020, Daily Mirror compiled a list of the hardest punchers in the history of the sport.

Wilder made top 10.

The only active boxer on that list.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportbible.com/boxing/news-top-10s-the-10-biggest-power-punchers-in-boxing-history-have-been-ranked-20200905.amp.html

Ruiz was unranked when he fought Joshua for the first time.

I hope I am not wasting my time on a boxing newbie? Because every active boxing follower knows Ruiz was unranked at the time he fought Joshua in the US.

Madam, do you research properly before arguing here o.
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:20am On May 20, 2021
virago:

Wilder amassed 927 with his weaker hand, his left hand.

Imagine the power of his deadly right hand (which is his dominant hand).
Re: Joshua V Fury In Doubt As Arbitration Orders Fury To Fight Wilder Before Sept 15 by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:22am On May 20, 2021
akmaldini:

Just shows you dont know anything in boxing..

The madam is new to boxing.

Imagine saying that Ruiz punches harder than Wilder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Danny Welbeck Joins Watford For Free / PHOTOS: Dream Team At The Gym In Atlanta / Ibrahimovic Hints At A Possible Return To Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.