Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 (22435 Views)

STATE POLICE, RESTRUCTURING: Senate Tongue-lashes El-rufai / We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo / 2019: Five PDP Governors Seeking Deal With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by WarmShisha: 8:01am On May 18, 2021
Naija147:
Abokis will not allow restructuring. Even Shehu Sani syastematically spoke against it.

So person nor fit use abokii again now, nairaland go change am to Northerners

Restructuring has many meanings
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Pennywise(m): 8:10am On May 18, 2021
Henry22:
Among the six governors I only trust one and that's the Benue state governor.

Where is Simon Lalong the Plateau State Governor?

Beside Orton there are others who have allowed their conscience to speak for them- APC and PDP North and South.

The question is where in all these is Simon Lalong the Plateau State Governor who is an errand boy of Miyetti Allah. This man is an intriguing character. His people till date have been at the recieving end of death and destruction from Fulani herdsmen. Yet this cowardly lawyer has refused to stand up and speak for his people. His people can be shot and burnt as the herdsmen please he just doesn't want to rock the boat. It seems to me that he lost his conscience practicing law in Nigeria.

He seem to be satisfied with the position of Northern Governors Forum given to him by Miyetti Allah
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Elostar: 8:12am On May 18, 2021
As i remember chief EmekaOdumegwu ojukwu I weep bitterly
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Awoleesu(m): 8:13am On May 18, 2021
NewFolm4:
Twelve governors were present at the meeting. They are: Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom State), Douye Diri (Bayelsa), Ortom (Benue) and Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta).

Others are Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu), Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Ahmadu Fintiri (Adamawa), Godwin Obaseki (Edo), Bala Mohammed (Bauchi) and Deputy Governor Mahdi Mohd (Zamfara).

https://thenationonlineng.net/governors-seeking-state-police-restructuring-now-23/

As usual, Prof. Judas Ayade not present, not represented!

What's wrong with that guy? Someone once told me Ayade is from Obudu... It surprised me that despite the nefarious activities of Fulani herders and hunters in obudu, Ayade is still playing the politics of the ostrich! Na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Koryc: 8:13am On May 18, 2021
Tajbol4splend:

Is that a reason why we should continue with the current state of insecurity?
So you didn't read where I wrote long over due before you replied me.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Hseffa: 8:14am On May 18, 2021
Naija147:
Abokis will not allow restructuring. Even Shehu Sani systematically spoke against it.

So person nor fit use abokii again now, nairaland go change am to Northerners
The pace and direction the atmosphere faces now, everyone of them is on the edge.
Even ever uncooperative ACF coughs out sense? That surprised me.

1 Like

Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Elostar: 8:16am On May 18, 2021
GeneralShepherd:
Biafra or nothing. Opportunity to restructure was maybe 10 years ago.
are u afraid of divide, learn how to stand with ur feet
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Naija147: 8:16am On May 18, 2021
WarmShisha:

Restructuring has many meanings

That was Shehu Sani exact words
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by obama30: 8:16am On May 18, 2021
NewFolm4:

https://thenationonlineng.net/governors-seeking-state-police-restructuring-now-23/

The northern governor's are there to make sure the open grazing ban didn't work, watchout the end.

Why is it that the southern governor's cannot do their thing? Why allowed the North in, they should tell the northern governor's to go to North for their own decisions.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Blankstare(m): 8:17am On May 18, 2021
Whiteshield:

Buhari is a blessing to the South. His clannishness and inability to provide sensible leadership will push the South to self-discovery.

I laugh when people swear and cause Tinubu, I can bet my life that tinubu never knew Buhari has such bad intention and have already invested in him heavily, even Abacha was sensitive to Nigeria multi ethnic differences.

1 Like

Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Pennywise(m): 8:18am On May 18, 2021
Awoleesu:

As usual, Prof. Judas Ayade not present, not represented!

What's wrong with that guy? Someone once told me Ayade is from Obudu... It surprised me that despite the nefarious activities of Fulani herders and hunters in obudu, Ayade is still playing the politics of the ostrich! Na wa o!

When we are talking about men, you are talking about cricket
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by tnerro1(m): 8:21am On May 18, 2021
The north don’t want state police cause they don’t want the natives to protect their lands from fulanization.

Just imagine if Benue had state police?
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Henry22(m): 8:34am On May 18, 2021
Pennywise:

Where is Simon Lalong the Plateau State Governor?

Beside Orton there are others who have allowed their conscience to speak for them- APC and PDP North and South.

The question is where in all these is Simon Lalong the Plateau State Governor who is an errand boy of Miyetti Allah. This man is an intriguing character. His people till date have been at the recieving end of death and destruction from Fulani herdsmen. Yet this cowardly lawyer has refused to stand up and speak for his people. His people can be shot and burnt as the herdsmen please he just doesn't want to rock the boat. It seems to me that he lost his conscience practicing law in Nigeria.

He seem to be satisfied with the position of Northern Governors Forum given to him by Miyetti Allah

If not for the stance of the plateau people he almost gave out land for ruga, then I was in plateau state so I knew what happened then, immediately the fg came up with the ruga thing him and Bauchi state governor were the very first to go to asorock, can you believe that till today Muslims still barricade the city's center just to pray and thereby halting everyone's economic activity, the man is a Fulani puppet, during the endsars campaign he sided the north in saying that the movement was against the north.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Henry22(m): 8:37am On May 18, 2021
Obamaofusa:
lol

Makinde too should be trusted but what we the youths want is a division of the country.The North will not allow Nigeria to work..

Take a look at this picture and see one of the reasons....

Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by zeyt: 8:42am On May 18, 2021
State police will accelerate the disintegration of Nigeria. So also favouritism and corruption will be will double. The police will dance to the tunes of politicians like never before. And at the end of the day who will carry the burden of the state police? The FG.
How many states can sustain themselves without federal allocation. These politicians calling for state police have hidden agenda.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Indispensable85(m): 8:44am On May 18, 2021
harjay1986:

just because a grown up man of 30 plus still behave childish, you now prefer yo be putting pampers on him... my brother you are not helping him .... if we dont start now how are,we going to cope with the changes the best time is now because most youth now are not millenium youth they are,80s with critics thinking...... if there is any abnormal along the line we will fight fo amendment

You know we Nigerians can run into something we don't know much about and when we are choked we start looking for a way to return to the former situation. That was how we left regionalism to federalism and now we're fighting to go back to regionalism.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Exponential101: 8:47am On May 18, 2021
Yes o lack of political by Obj Yaradua Ebele
but I wonder why you senseless singled out Buhari.
SmartPolician:
Rising from a meeting in Ibadan, Oyo State capital, PDP governors called on President Mohammadu Buhari to immediately send an Executive Bill to the National Assembly to amend the constitution to devolve more powers to the states to enable them tackle security under the state police.

Anyone who tells you that Buhari cannot restructure this country is only deceiving himself. The biggest opposition to restructuring is the lack of poltiical will.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Indispensable85(m): 8:47am On May 18, 2021
Keemsleek005:

These will be the biggest undoing in nigeria. State polices in the hands of nigeria governors.
Tribalism is about to start.

I just laugh when people shout state police. Nigeria will be hell and in a short while we'll be crying to return to statusquo like we're crying to go back to regionalism now. Same regionalism we dumped for federalism years ago.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Exponential101: 8:51am On May 18, 2021
This one na fooliah talk we are no longer in the 60s. The FG of federal allocation should be reduced 25% producing state 30% LGA as it was before the first coup in Nigeria n the police should split the rest.

Indispensable85:
Our governors are not politically matured enough for State Police. Let them not compound our problems please. How will they even fund the state police sef? Most of these states are broke ass.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by omoharry(f): 8:56am On May 18, 2021
Indispensable85:
Our governors are not politically matured enough for State Police. Let them not compound our problems please. How will they even fund the state police sef? Most of these states are broke ass.
We should have regional police and community police.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by omoharry(f): 8:57am On May 18, 2021
Indispensable85:

I just laugh when people shout state police. Nigeria will be hell and in a short while we'll be crying to return to statusquo like we're crying to go back to regionalism now. Same regionalism we dumped for federalism years ago.
Are we not in hell already? at least we will know that the problem is closer to us than far away Abuja. We will always adjust and find ways to close any excesses. We move move forward .
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by danngnews: 8:58am On May 18, 2021
Indispensable85:

Which we are you talking about?
The decision to go federalism, was it by legislation or decree? Were the majority of Nigerians represented?
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by LLSAINT(m): 9:06am On May 18, 2021
Not really,
They met in 2002 as led by Gov. Tinubu
Check achives but unfortunately we do not have one cool.....
jlinkd78:
How many of u know that since 1914 this Asaba meeting is the first time the former Southern protectorate are meeting as one political Bloc.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Indispensable85(m): 9:08am On May 18, 2021
[quote author=Whiteshield post=101802373ost states buy vehicles and equipment for the Police in the states. When last did the FG buy vehicles for the Police?

Any state that can't police itself should employ volunteer hunters to police the state. [/quote]

My brother before una go start state police I go don run go another country. The disaster that'll come with this state police will be unprecedented. These crop of Nigerian politicians are satanic,intolerant, vindictive and more like emperors in their state. By the way,how many state can even fund the so called state police? Hahaha. ....it goes beyond buying vehicles. For example in Edo the governor has deliberately avoided employing teachers even though most of the schools are understaffed because he can't pay them. Even the current teachers are being owed salaries of their promotions for 2yrs now. The state owned university has been on strike for months now because the lecturers and other staffs have not been paid for months. I don't want to even go into infrastructural deficit. Now you're adding state police burden to the lean revenue of the state. How many states are viable in Nigeria? Hahaha. ......you want the state police to descend on us for survival abi?...Lol.....on the other hand majority of our governors will turn these guys into coercive forces on their opponents. I sorry for the opposition in advance. Before we dive into chaos let's do a thorough study of how the system works abroad first. Our matter must different because of the players, even the democracy we practice is different from those we copied from. Governors nor want state assemblies, state judiciary and local government to be independent.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by omoharry(f): 9:17am On May 18, 2021
Keemsleek005:

These will be the biggest undoing in nigeria. State polices in the hands of Nigeria governors.
Tribalism is about to start.
We are all open to new ideas.Is it not the same Fed govt that is using the police and the army to protect the Fulanis to kill other Nigerians?. We need a solution on how to solve these excesses that might occur..that is why we are educated..we need to think...Should each region be in charge of their own police and try to see how to close any excess from the state governors.But we must move ahead from this point where we are.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Indispensable85(m): 9:32am On May 18, 2021
danngnews:

Which we are you talking about?
The decision to go federalism, was it by legislation or decree? Were the majority of Nigerians represented?

If you look at Nigeria constitution, it's clearly written that we are a federation. So if it's acknowledged by the constitution it couldn't have been a decree.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Indispensable85(m): 9:33am On May 18, 2021
omoharry:
Are we not in hell already? at least we will know that the problem is closer to us than far away Abuja. We will always adjust and find ways to close any excesses. We move move forward .

Hmmmmmmm. .......... ok oooooo. I go dey far away then.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Indispensable85(m): 9:35am On May 18, 2021
omoharry:
We should have regional police and community police.

I prefer community policing. It would've been the best for us right now.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Indispensable85(m): 9:38am On May 18, 2021
Exponential101:
This one na fooliah talk we are no longer in the 60s. The FG of federal allocation should be reduced 25% producing state 30% LGA as it was before the first coup in Nigeria n the police should split the rest.

It's easy to spot an empty brain.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by harjay1986: 9:43am On May 18, 2021
Indispensable85:

You know we Nigerians can run into something we don't know much about and when we are choked we start looking for a way to return to the former situation. That was how we left regionalism to federalism and now we're fighting to go back to regionalism.

Sir you are right sir but atleast we have test regionalism before so if we go back to it now it will be a good idea because it not something new at all
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by nedu666: 9:49am On May 18, 2021
jeliliadedoja1:
The crisis emanates from the belief by most herdsmen that they are free to enter any farm, eat up the crops and rape or kill any one raising objections. Nobody or society can accept that. Simply put herders have constitute nuisance to the social economic development of this country.

Tomorrow people will wonder why is the price of local food stuff going up. Ordinary garri that was 300 naira for paint container in 2014 is now 1300 because herdsmen feels they have a right to eat farm produce. You eat a farmers effort, of course he will abandon farming and seek for something else.
But take note herdsmen don't eat farm produce in the north east and north west.
Re: Governors Seeking State Police, Restructuring Now 23 by Indispensable85(m): 9:50am On May 18, 2021
harjay1986:

Sir you are right sir but atleast we have test regionalism before so if we go back to it now it will be a good idea because it not something new at all

But to return is now almost impossible. The matter dey hard us now.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Governors Meeting: Read Communique Issued After Port Harcourt Meeting / Buhari Appoints Abonyi As Registrar Of EHORECON / Kwankwaso Sets To Dump PDP For NNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.