Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! (1350 Views)

Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan / Nigeria Considers $2.8 Billion External Loan For 2020 Budget / FG Seeks Fresh $247.3m External Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by Ruben225571(m): 11:33am On May 18, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Tuesday, urged the Senate to approve a new external loan of N2,343,387,942,848.00, about $6.183billion, for the Federal Government to finance the 2021 budget deficit.

Senate President Ahmad Lawan read Buhari’s letter of request on the floor of the Senate at plenary.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/breaking-buhari-seeks-new-n2-342tr-external-loan/amp/

What’s your stake on this? Are we going forward or backwards?

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by LibertyRep: 11:35am On May 18, 2021
Haaaaaaaa!

What now?

It seems the destiny of this regime is to bankrupt the country.

Sadly the seemingly rubber-stamp legislature will approve this without serious scrutiny.

You rub my back , I rub your back, paddy-paddy arrange 'gonment'

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by hotwax: 11:35am On May 18, 2021
Yes long overdue.

We need money to pay bandit kidnappers.

Immediately the fund is approved, many secondary school kids will be packed. And we will pay billions on dollars to release them.

Goverment throught their agent Gumi organize kidnap and also pay ransom.

Consider the following:

1. A whole school of 600 student was packed with coastal buses. 600? Imagine 600 people migrating. And all our security agencies claim they dont know where they passed...lolz
2. Fulani kidnappers in ogun and lagos accept fund transfers in millions. We can trace endsars protesters account, but kidnappers account numbers are untouchable.

Buhari government is solely behind this fracas. He is not a vegetable you call him, he is criminal.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by Saao(m): 11:36am On May 18, 2021
Approved
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by michlins(m): 11:36am On May 18, 2021
Buhari is the dead of this country

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by FarahAideed: 11:37am On May 18, 2021
Which kind man be this , anybody giving this man loan still is committing a crime against humanity
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by budaatum: 11:38am On May 18, 2021
Urge (meaning)

try earnestly or persistently to persuade (someone) to do something.
"he urged her to come and stay with us"
recommend (something) strongly.
"I urge caution in interpreting these results"

encourage (a person or animal) to move more quickly or in a particular direction.
"drawing up outside the house, he urged her inside"

Thankfully, the Senate can always say no. But if they do not, I'll blame them if this loan is unnecessary.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by uboma(m): 11:43am On May 18, 2021
We have a rubber stamp arm of government, the Legislature that will choose to do the biddings of the Executive at the peril of the ordinary Nigerians.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by evanstinobbc: 11:43am On May 18, 2021
cheesy
The good news is that there is free education to us that voted for him

fuel is sold #80 to us in the filling station

One police man is allocated to us each for our security

the last time i went to the market to buy meat my brother vulture grills sold one Goat for me @ #3000

we are happy with our daddy, fire down sir . cheesy

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by nairalandankrah: 11:44am On May 18, 2021
Fulani running ruining the country ragged
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by risos(m): 11:53am On May 18, 2021
Not enough, add three more zeros to that figure then everything should be excellent.
The country needs the money.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:59am On May 18, 2021
budaatum:

Thankfully, the Senate can always say no. But if they do not, I'll blame them if this loan is unnecessary.

Has there been any loan from Buhari that this rubber stamp Senate have said no to, before??
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by budaatum: 12:05pm On May 18, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

Has there been any loan from Buhari that this rubber stamp Senate have said no to, before??

Not that I know of. What I have not seen nor heard much of though is anger against "this rubber stamp Senate", which makes me wonder if Nigerians elected a king instead of a president.

We sure treat him like a king if we refuse to hold our representatives in government accountable.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by 3lovelyflowers(f): 12:11pm On May 18, 2021
I don't blame him. This present day national assembly should be scrapped. It has no relevance.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by uboma(m): 12:11pm On May 18, 2021
budaatum:

Not that I know of. What I have not seen nor heard much of though is anger against "this rubber stamp Senate", which makes me wonder if Nigerians elected a king instead of a president.

We sure treat him like a king if we refuse to hold our representatives in government accountable.

Are you ready to lead the campaign against the 'rubber stamp' arm of government, the Legislature?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by helinues: 12:12pm On May 18, 2021
Not again.

They should kuku place Nigeria on OLX
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by helinues: 12:14pm On May 18, 2021
budaatum:

Reason why I have been clamouring for Nigerians to shift their attentions from presidency and focus the energy in electing credible representatives from Senate, to house of reps and state assemblies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by moriss33(m): 12:14pm On May 18, 2021
Oluwa abeg...make dis loan request crash & burn.
We have borrowed more than enough.
My problem is not the borrowing but the conditions that come with it & the looting of borrowed funds afterwards.
Let no country borrow money to this administration again abeg
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by budaatum: 12:23pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

Reason why I have been clamouring for Nigerians to shift their attentions from presidency and focus the energy in electing credible representatives from Senate, to house of reps and state assemblies

Even fighting for local government should be on the agenda instead of a presidency so far removed. But my people now. They like wailing about politics instead of being political.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by Built2last: 12:26pm On May 18, 2021
Jesu

Who is buhari's chief economic adviser.

Obasanjo had professor Ojogwu, Magnus Kpakol etc.

Buhari assembled a kangaroo 9 man economic team. have you ever seen them meeting with him to advise him.

If they have ever met him, with the way this government loves photo ops, we would have seen.

We have a clueless woman as minister of Finance managing our fiscal policy. The only time you see or hear from minister of finance is when she is about to borrow money or share allocations.

We have a super clueless CBN governor managing our monetary policy. His interest is only in making money through forex.

I am not one of those surprised that the economic is in a cess pit

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by Maxymilliano(m): 12:39pm On May 18, 2021
This is just a confirmation that the prodigal son is one a mission to plunge the country into everlasting debts.

Despite dementia, the only language Buhari seems to understand very well is mindless borrowing and endless debts.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:43pm On May 18, 2021
budaatum:

It is this rubber stamp stooge that will lead the impeachment process of Buhari. He can't do that and he's hell bent on mortgaging this country.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:57pm On May 18, 2021
What buhari cannot spoil doesn't exist

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by AmuAwusa: 1:02pm On May 18, 2021
Fulani north dey plan how to bankrupt us before secession. They need the money for their ever retrogressive region to survive...for a month though.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by Luizkid(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2021
...that's their bizness.. No be Arboki??
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by oghalebros(m): 1:37pm On May 18, 2021
Does this country have a future?
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by SIRAO(m): 2:00pm On May 18, 2021
Built2last:
Jesu

Who is buhari's chief economic adviser.

Obasanjo had professor Ojogwu, Magnus Kpakol etc.

Buhari assembled a kangaroo 9 man economic team. have you ever seen them meeting with him to advise him.

If they have ever met him, with the way this government loves photo ops, we would have seen.

We have a clueless woman as minister of Finance managing our fiscal policy. The only time you see or hear from minister of finance is when she is about to borrow money or share allocations.

We have a super clueless CBN governor managing our monetary policy. His interest is only in making money through forex.

I am not one of those surprised that the economic is in a cess pit
Most of you guys here contributing 're stack illiterates , the money in question was passed by the two chambers already to finance the deficit budget, it is only the source was not passed. pls Buhari not seeking a new loan outside the already passed budget.
Education is the key for national development.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by WorldRichest: 2:12pm On May 18, 2021
Ole, Barawo, Onye Oshi.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by nedu666: 2:15pm On May 18, 2021
If you are spending 3.4 trillion servicing debt in 2021, how much will the next president spend on debt servicing.
It's either buhari wants to bankrupt this country or some people are using buhari to enrich themselves
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by codedguy1(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2021
grin
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by Built2last: 2:31pm On May 18, 2021
SIRAO:

Most of you guys here contributing 're stack illiterates , the money in question was passed by the two chambers already to finance the deficit budget, it is only the source was not passed. pls Buhari not seeking a new loan outside the already passed budget.
Education is the key for national development.

Stack illiterate indeed, I had B.sc in Finance, 2004, M.Sc Finance, 2008. Worked in Banking for 12 years before leaving Nigeria. I went ahead to do executive program on Finance in Harvard. I am tempted to show you my linkedIn profile so you know everyone you see here behind hidden avartars are not stack illiterates in your words. Can you share your profile mr educated

Buhari has been borrowing since he came to office. It is madness to borrow to fund recurrent.

If you borrow this year to fund the budget, what will you do to fund the budget of next and the years after.

Stop making reference to your lame national assembly with no bite.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Seeks New N2.342tr External Loan! by Soulsymbol99: 2:32pm On May 18, 2021
These pple don't care abt anything or anyone except themselves. All the ones we borrowed b4 wot wia they used 4?God help us

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra:igbos,kanu,uwazurike,uche Mefor Don't Be Like Palestine[pics] / Breaking:many Countries Rejecting Nigeria Agricultural Products Says Is Unhealt / Video Of Private Jets That Landed In Kano For Yusuf Buhari's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.