Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:22 AM

Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents (2263 Views)

Killings: Defend Yourselves, Ortom Tells Benue Residents / Ortom Urges NASS To Reject Water Resources Bill / Ruga Settlements: Benue Residents Protest, Say 'No Land For Ruga' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by iwaeda: 11:33am On May 18, 2021
The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has urged residents of the state to take up arms and defend themselves against invaders.

The governor made the call while speaking to journalists on Monday at Oyo State where he attended the Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ meeting.

The governor urged people to stand against armed invaders in their communities, even if it meant taking up weapons.

“I have told my people to defend themselves. You can’t sit down in your house for people to come from somewhere and kill you.

“If you don’t have weapons required by the law, go to your neighbour and get one. Everybody in Benue, both men and women should defend themselves,” he said.

According to Daily Trust, Ortom also expressed his anger concerning the fresh killings that were allegedly carried out by suspected armed herdsmen in the state.

To this effect, Ortom further stressed that the people should stand against such criminality in the future.

https://punchng.com/insecurity-get-weapons-to-defend-yourselves-ortom-urges-benue-residents/

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by iwaeda: 11:36am On May 18, 2021
Nigeria being blown away gradually.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by 3lovelyflowers(f): 12:10pm On May 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by GorillaApp(m): 12:10pm On May 18, 2021
iwaeda:
Nigeria being blown away gradually.
By the cluelessness of the deaf one in Aso rock ...

But come to think of it, this seemingly quietness and ineptitude is a design, a ploy to push a hidden agenda.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Amuochicha(f): 12:11pm On May 18, 2021
I hate APC

I hate Nigeria

I hate pastors

I hate imams

I hate buhari.. angry

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Olatunji1929: 12:15pm On May 18, 2021
I think Nigeria has reached that stage die fighting is better than die running

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Difrent: 12:15pm On May 18, 2021
Amuochicha:
I hate APC

I hate Nigeria

I hate pastors

I hate imams

I hate buhari.. angry

You no hate yourself ?
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 12:15pm On May 18, 2021
Clueless and incompetent Ortom
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by iwaeda: 12:42pm On May 18, 2021
GorillaApp:

By the cluelessness of the deaf one in Aso rock ...

But come to think of it, this seemingly quietness and ineptitude is a design, a ploy to push a hidden agenda.

You may not be far from the truth. A cow just caused an accident on Lagos-Ibadan imagine it is a small vehicle that hit the cow.

People may be forced to defend themselves and it is the beginning of anarchy.
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by iwaeda: 12:44pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

You mean the one in Paris?

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:45pm On May 18, 2021
It is better I die standing than being alive on my knees forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 12:46pm On May 18, 2021
iwaeda:

You mean the one in Paris?

This thread is about Ortom.

You can create thread about Buhari and mention me.

Don't derail pls
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Veqtor: 12:46pm On May 18, 2021
This is the only governor who actually means well for his pple nd has refused to b silenced despite d fact that ds Fulani retarrds have tried to assassinate him.

He is very right. Every right-thinking person in the south and middle belt, shld b doing exactly what he said.
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:46pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

So he should be quiet and do nothing while fulanis slit the throats of his people right And that will show you the height of great competence baa
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 12:49pm On May 18, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

So he should be quiet and do nothing while fulanis slit the throats of his people right And that will show you the height of great competence baa

Is Ortom the only governor from NC? How are his colleagues being handing insecurities in their states without noise that Ortom can't learn from
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Lastmankc(m): 12:52pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

This thread is about Ortom.

You can create thread about Buhari and mention me.

Don't derail pls
Define clueless and incompetent,then I will tell you the person that qualities matches .
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:52pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

Is Ortom the only governor from NC? How are his colleagues being handing insecurities in their states without noise that Ortom can't learn from

Maybe you need to teach him his work
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 12:52pm On May 18, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

Maybe you need to teach him his work

That's why the incompetency fits him
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 12:53pm On May 18, 2021
Lastmankc:
Define clueless and incompetent,then I will tell you the person that qualities matches .

You no get dictionary?
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:55pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

That's why the incompetency fits him

If he is incompetent what can you say of your lord and savior Buhari
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 12:56pm On May 18, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

If he is incompetent what can you say of your lord and savior Buhari

Sorry I don't have any lord and savior.. I don't know about you oo
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:59pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

Sorry I don't have any lord and savior.. I don't know about you oo

But your words here prove you wrong
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by ShadowCracker(m): 1:00pm On May 18, 2021
helinues Bororo herder grin.

Gbegile boys keep tormenting you daily grin.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 1:00pm On May 18, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:

But your words here prove you wrong

You are still repeating yourself... I don't like repetitive words
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 1:01pm On May 18, 2021
ShadowCracker:
helinues Bororo herder grin.

Gbegile boys keep tormenting you daily grin.

I see, is that why they are no where to be found since morning?

You should know who is dealing with who here.

Next
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by Benbellamor: 1:01pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:
People call you bororo
But I don't want to believe
But only bororo will attack someone whom his people are not complaining about yet you call him clueless
But he did not mass sack workers like your Fulani master rufai
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by ShadowCracker(m): 1:03pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

I see, is that why they are no where to be found since morning?

You should know who is dealing with who here.

Next
Do you support Yoruba nation.
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 1:03pm On May 18, 2021
Benbellamor:

People call you bororo
But I don't want to believe
But only bororo will attack someone whom his people are not complaining about yet you call him clueless
But he did not mass sack workers like your Fulani master rufai

I stopped engaging with an emotional people.

Next
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 1:04pm On May 18, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Do you support Yoruba nation.

Is this thread about Yoruba nation? undecided
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by ShadowCracker(m): 1:05pm On May 18, 2021
helinues:

Is this thread about Yoruba nation? undecided
Igboho is holding rally in your home town Kwara tommorow cheesy.
will you attend.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by helinues: 1:06pm On May 18, 2021
ShadowCracker:

Igboho is holding rally in your home town Kwara tommorow cheesy.
will you attend.

You better ask for the roads before you get lost...

Eish
Re: Insecurity: Get Weapons To Defend Yourselves, Ortom Urges Benue Residents by ShadowCracker(m): 1:07pm On May 18, 2021
cc: helinues

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Northern Consensus Movement Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted - Offer N100M Bounty / IMPLICATIONS OF THE IMPENDING BAN ON COWS IN IGBOLAND BY IPOB. GOOD NEWS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.