Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

What Does It Mean To Believe Something? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Believe Something? (1017 Views)

What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire / What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by DavidAO(m): 2:03pm On May 18, 2021
There’s a major misconception on the subject of believe. Most people hear certain information and accept such information so they automatically claim to believe. Major on this type of people are religious people and science fanatics.

The word believe is an action word, it’s a verb or better still a stative verb. You can’t hear a thing and accept it then automatically claim to believe, this is the wrong word for what you’ve done.

You can only believe an information by putting it to action or being in the way the information states. When you hear something, you can only accept it without action. Putting such information to action is what makes it believe.

What does believe do? Believe proves everything. Believe is the basis of all knowledge. No one can know the truth by just accepting, it’s believing (action) that makes us know the truth. Believe affords a person the necessary experience needed for knowledge.

For example: Christians who go to their temples every sabbath claim to believe in Jesus but a clear and objective look at these people show that they’re nothing like Jesus. This means they’ve only accepted the words of Jesus but do not put it to action and because of this they’re nothing like Jesus.

To be continued.

https://www.davidaobooks.com/cart-2/

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:15pm On May 18, 2021
DavidAO:
There’s a major misconception on the subject of believe. Most people hear certain information and accept such information so they automatically claim to believe. Major on this type of people are religious people and science fanatics.

What does believe do? Believe proves everything. Believe is the basis of all knowledge. No one can know the truth by just accepting, it’s believing (action) that makes us know the truth. Believe affords a person the necessary experience needed for knowledge.

For example: Christians who go to their temples every sabbath claim to believe in Jesus but a clear and objective look at these people show that they’re nothing like Jesus. This means they’ve only accepted the words of Jesus but do not put it to action and because of this they’re nothing like Jesus.

Simple: To Live on that thing and Stand on it eg I be Live on the ground, so I stand on it.

I do not be live on the carton, so therefore I do not stand on the carton!
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:31pm On May 18, 2021
DavidAO:

If police says do not use Abuja Keffi highway, would you not act on that information?

Why?

That's the key to understanding believe in Christianity!

DavidAO:

The word believe is an action word, it’s a verb or better still a stative verb. You can’t hear a thing and accept it then automatically claim to believe, this is the wrong word for what you’ve done.

You can only believe an information by putting it to action or being in the way the information states. When you hear something, you can only accept it without action. Putting such information to action is what makes it believe.

You be- live, then you Act or you Act, then you be- live, which is which?

Answer Carries 30 marks! grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by DavidAO(m): 9:43pm On May 18, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

If police says do not use Abuja Keffi highway, would you not act on that information?

Why?

That's the key to understanding believe in Christianity!

You be- live, then you Act or you Act, then you be- live, which is which?

Answer Carries 30 marks! grin

I don’t seem to understand you. Can you open up ur question better for me pls?
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:52pm On May 18, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I love this write-up. Please i'll like to have more from your wealth of knowledge. smiley

DavidAO:

To be continued.

https://www.davidaobooks.com/cart-2/
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:13pm On May 18, 2021
DavidAO:

I don’t seem to understand you. Can you open up ur question better for me pls?

The question is not actually for you, you have the right thinking!

Don't mind that Liar maxinDHouse, he is JW and you know who Jws are!
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Kobojunkie: 5:55am On May 19, 2021
DavidAO:

Not certain what you are getting at really. So please help me better understand your claim.

If a friend came in one day to tell me that he/she has been diagnosed with brain cancer and would need to receive chemotherapy treatment. Are you somehow suggesting that accepting that as my friend's truth does not mean I believe him? undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:32am On May 19, 2021
Wahala dey Okpoko! cheesy

Dtruthspeaker:

The question is not actually for you, you have the right thinking!

Don't mind that Liar maxinDHouse, he is JW and you know who Jws are!
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by DavidAO(m): 1:17pm On May 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Not certain what you are getting at really. So please help me better understand your claim.

If a friend came in one day to tell me that he/she has been diagnosed with brain cancer and would need to receive chemotherapy treatment. Are you somehow suggesting that accepting that as my friend's truth does not mean I believe him? undecided

If you accept what your friends says, doesn’t mean you believe him. You can accept and go out to say “he said he has brain cancer” which ofcourse means you haven’t believed, you don’t know yet but you’ve only relayed the information you accepted from him. It’s means you’ve only stated that information equivocally and In fact you’ll be foolish to state it unequivocally by just what he says. The person who believes ur friend will unequivocally say he has cancer bc they’ve watched him and have seen evidence of the fact that he has brain cancer. The person who only accepts an information does not believe it. The one who puts the information to test is he who has believed it. Such person can know the truth but the person who only accepts it does not know the truth yet, he only says what he’s heard. It’s just a rumor in his mouth.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by DavidAO(m): 1:22pm On May 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

I love this write-up. Please i'll like to have more from your wealth of knowledge. smiley

Thank you, I’m glad you appreciate it. I just thought I’d start to share some of my given understanding on here. You can buy my book on https://www.davidaobooks.com/cart-2/ if you find my sayings knowledgeable. There’s a lot packaged in that book that cannot he said on an open platform like this.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:23pm On May 19, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! smiley

DavidAO:

If you accept what your friends says, doesn’t mean you believe him. You can accept and go out to say “he said he has brain cancer” which ofcourse means you haven’t believed, you don’t know yet but you’ve only relayed the information you accepted from him. It’s means you’ve only stated that information equivocally and In fact you’ll be foolish to state it unequivocally by just what he says. The person who believes ur friend will unequivocally say he has cancer bc they’ve watched him and have seen evidence of the fact that he has brain cancer. The person who only accepts an information does not believe it. The one who puts the information to test is he who has believed it. Such person can know the truth but the person who only accepts it does not know the truth yet, he only says what he’s heard. It’s just a rumor in his mouth.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:25pm On May 19, 2021
Before buying your book can you PRESENT the group of true believers in whose gathering this is taught? undecided

DavidAO:

Thank you, I’m glad you appreciate it. I just thought I’d start to share some of my given understanding on here. You can buy my book on https://www.davidaobooks.com/cart-2/ if you find my sayings knowledgeable. There’s a lot packaged in that book that cannot he said on an open platform like this.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by DavidAO(m): 1:32pm On May 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Before buying your book can you PRESENT the group of true believers in whose gathering this is taught? undecided

I would not know what you’re saying. I honestly do not understand you. I think you’re asking me what gathering I attend, well I attend the gathering of Christ, nothing more, nothing else. My gathering is in faith and I’m brother to whoever is in the faith. If that’s what you’re asking, that’s it. I don’t actually gathering with anyone physically at the moment as I haven’t found a person I can gather with but the spirit has led me to gather with certain people through the available outlets. For now it’s now just me and whoever I see speaking the truth, nothing more nothing else. Truth alone leads me.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Kobojunkie: 1:43pm On May 19, 2021
DavidAO:

I would not know what you’re saying. I honestly do not understand you. I think you’re asking me what gathering I attend, well I attend the gathering of Christ, nothing more, nothing else. My gathering is in faith and I’m brother to whoever is in the faith. If that’s what you’re asking, that’s it. I don’t actually gathering with anyone physically at the moment as I haven’t found a person I can gather with but the spirit has led me to gather with certain people through the available outlets. For now it’s now just me and whoever I see speaking the truth, nothing more nothing else. Truth alone leads me.
How did you decide on those you gather with? undecided

How do you decide on this Truth you speak of? undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On May 19, 2021
DavidAO:

How do I test my friend's claim in this case so as to become a believer instead of one who simply accepts his truth? undecided

On the other hand if I trust my friend not to lie to me, couldn't it be said that I indeed believe in his truth because I trust him? undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by DavidAO(m): 2:02pm On May 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How do I test my friend's claim in this case so as to become a believer instead of one who simply accepts his truth? undecided

On the other hand if I trust my friend not to lie to me, couldn't it be said that I indeed believe in his truth because I trust him? undecided

Trusting information without prove is why humanity is where we found ourselves. Many trusted Buhari will be the savior, where has that led them. You can’t trust something you haven’t proven, trust comes after prove. Humans like to interswitch them. Trust is gained from knowledge and not from rumors. A person who trust rumors is someone Bible calls unwise. If you check my reply again, you’ll see how I said the other person arrives at knowledge that his friend has brain cancer. Truth is objective, it’s not rumor. Objectivity is what helps us know the truth.
I implore you to visit https://www.davidaobooks.com/cart-2/ if you like to read. There’s a book I wrote on certain things of life. You’ll like it if you read with an open mind.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by DavidAO(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How did you decide on those you gather with? undecided

How do you decide on this Truth you speak of? undecided

How did YOU decide

Thank you for stating that it’s my decision. I’ll love to leave it that way. Thanks for understanding. You can read my publications and decide on ur own too. It’ll be ur decision and I’ll leave it that way. Life is all about decisions. For the life and death was placed before man in the beginning but he chose death bc of his wickedness against God. Everything is my decision and if you recognize that then I’ll say thank you
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:13pm On May 19, 2021
DavidAO:

Sweeeet! 100%grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:19pm On May 19, 2021
DavidAO:

How did YOU decide

Thank you for stating that it’s my decision. I’ll love to leave it that way. Thanks for understanding. You can read my publications and decide on ur own too. It’ll be ur decision and I’ll leave it that way. Life is all about decisions. For the life and death was placed before man in the beginning but he chose death bc of his wickedness against God. Everything is my decision and if you recognize that then I’ll say thank you

Sweet! grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:21pm On May 19, 2021
Well that's commendable but if you're alone in Christ then it means your PERSONAL opinion regarding beleive is what i appreciate not your books. I belong to a global family of faith that teaches something similar that's why i asked you that question. So until you're able to find people sharing your thoughts i'll wish you the best.
Thank you! smiley

DavidAO:

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:23pm On May 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Easy! Without prior information, I'll wait for his next scheduled appointment and follow Him to his Doctor!

Kobojunkie:

As " Dr. House" would say "Everybody Lies!" grin UNLESS PROVEN BY REASONABLE UNCONTRIVERTED EVIDENCE that they are not Lying, I add!
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On May 19, 2021
DavidAO:

How did YOU decide

if you put it that way, then of what value is any of your publication to me or anyone if you are unwilling to devulge the basics of how you decide that which is truth and that which is not truth? undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On May 19, 2021
DavidAO:

Trusting information without prove is why humanity is where we found ourselves. Many trusted Buhari will be the savior, where has that led them. You can’t trust something you haven’t proven, trust comes after prove. Humans like to interswitch them. Trust is gained from knowledge and not from rumors. A person who trust rumors is someone Bible calls unwise. If you check my reply again, you’ll see how I said the other person arrives at knowledge that his friend has brain cancer. Truth is objective, it’s not rumor. Objectivity is what helps us know the truth.
I implore you to visit https://www.davidaobooks.com/cart-2/ if you like to read. There’s a book I wrote on certain things of life. You’ll like it if you read with an open mind.
isn't it then possible that what you have been trying to describe here on this thread is "Trust" and "belief"? undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by DavidAO(m): 2:58pm On May 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Well that's commendable but if you're alone in Christ then it means your PERSONAL opinion regarding beleive is what i appreciate not your books. I belong to a global family of faith that teaches something similar that's why i asked you that question. So until you're able to find people sharing your thoughts i'll wish you the best.
Thank you! smiley

Oh ok no problem. If what I have written means the same to you then they’re not personal. Truth is not personal, it’s affects everyone. Truth is life, it’s not a religion or a science, it’s life itself. I enjoy being alive bc being in the life gives freedom. You’re the one restricting urself just as you’ve restricted yourself by not wanting to read my book bc I don’t belong somewhere. It’s more about belong somewhere for you that it’s about belong to the truth and the life. Well I belong to the truth and I’ll be that way whether or not you read my book. There are no restriction on the truth, there’s only freedom. I love freedom bro, freedom is life. You haven’t even seen or read my book, how is it that you already know you don’t like it? Isn’t that judging before experience? That’s what limitation does to ur mind, it makes you judge a thing before you experience it. This is contrary to what believe stands for. If ur religion teaches you what believe actually means, you haven’t practiced that teaching in this case bc you’ve actually judged ur likeness of my book without reading it. Thanks btw. Have a wonderful day. You can read other post I’ll make on here from time to time God willing.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by DavidAO(m): 3:05pm On May 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
if you put it that way, then of what value is any of your publication to me or anyone if you are unwilling to devulge the basics of how you decide that which is truth and that which is not truth? undecided

It’s just an information. What you do with it is ur decision. Yet, you can’t judge that information until you’ve seen or heard. You can’t tell if it’s of use to you or not without reading, that will be hasty and baseless assumption. It’s after you’ve read that you can tell whether it’s useful or not. Humans like to judge before they even experience, don’t do this, and if you also do, it’s ur decision still and I’ll respect that. Life is very simple bro. Believe is practical, you can’t tell whether or not an information is true or lie until you’ve practiced it.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:09pm On May 19, 2021
The point here is BUYING when Jesus said truth is FREE. Matthew 7:8 compare to Revelations 22:17
Moreover not buying your books doesn't mean the person has judged you, what the person needs is evidences before BUYING what you're SELLING.
Whoever brings out money to purchase your book already believe in you because that's no more assertive but affirmative involving action.
Jesus said so many things about his group and the first is they will have the same kind of LOVE he had for them amongst themselves {John 13:34-35} if you can't PRESENT any group of that sort then it's just your opinion not the truth. The truth will surely bring people together as ONE family {John 17:20-23} and people worldwide will notice them {Matthew 5:13-16} by their fruit! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley

DavidAO:

Oh ok no problem. If what I have written means the same to you then they’re not personal. Truth is not personal, it’s affects everyone. Truth is life, it’s not a religion or a science, it’s life itself. I enjoy being alive bc being in the life gives freedom. You’re the one restricting urself just as you’ve restricted yourself by not wanting to read my book bc I don’t belong somewhere. It’s more about belong somewhere for you that it’s about belong to the truth and the life. Well I belong to the truth and I’ll be that way whether or not you read my book. There are no restriction on the truth, there’s only freedom. I love freedom bro, freedom is life. You haven’t even seen or read my book, how is it that you already know you don’t like it? Isn’t that judging before experience? That’s what limitation does to ur mind, it makes you judge a thing before you experience it. This is contrary to what believe stands for. If ur religion teaches you what believe actually means, you haven’t practiced that teaching in this case bc you’ve actually judged ur likeness of my book without reading it. Thanks btw. Have a wonderful day. You can read other post I’ll make on here from time to time God willing.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 19, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The point here is BUYING when Jesus said truth is FREE. Matthew 7:8 compare to Revelations 22:17
Moreover not buying your books doesn't mean the person has judged you, what the person needs is evidences before BUYING what you're SELLING.
Whoever brings out money to purchase your book already believe in you because that's no more assertive but affirmative involving action.
Jesus said so many things about his group and the first is they will have the same kind of LOVE he had for them amongst themselves {John 13:34-35} if you can't PRESENT any group of that sort then it's just your opinion not the truth. The truth will surely bring people together as ONE family {John 17:20-23} and people worldwide will notice them {Matthew 5:13-16} by their fruit! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley

Max, what is the name of the app you and other demon witnesses use to bring out irrelevant Bible quotes? I hope it is not of this world. wink

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:19pm On May 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Max, what is the name of the app you and other demon witnesses use to bring out irrelevant Bible quotes? I hope it is not of this world. wink

grin "Demon Witnesses!" grin

He stupidly thinks that a Lie shall be established by the quoting of biblical principles! grin

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:27pm On May 19, 2021
A student is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. It is enough for the student to become as his teacher, and the slave as his master. If people have called the master of the house Be·elʹze·bub, how much more those of his household?" Matthew 10:24-25

No wonder different religious groups formed alliance to make sure Jesus die! smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On May 19, 2021
DavidAO:

It’s just an information. What you do with it is ur decision. Yet, you can’t judge that information until you’ve seen or heard. You can’t tell if it’s of use to you or not without reading, that will be hasty and baseless assumption. It’s after you’ve read that you can tell whether it’s useful or not. Humans like to judge before they even experience, don’t do this, and if you also do, it’s ur decision still and I’ll respect that. Life is very simple bro. Believe is practical, you can’t tell whether or not an information is true or lie until you’ve practiced it.
You are right that it is information and it is right for me to prejudge its usefulness based on factors which include the basis by which the claimed author arrives at His Truth where God and the things of God is concerned. Surely, you do not expect me to gobble down anything thrown at me "in the name of God" simply because God's name is tacked on to it, do you? undecided

Belief is practical? I still think you are speaking instead of trust rather than belief. In that case, how do I practically establish the "belief" that my friend has brain cancer just as he revealed that he did? undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by DavidAO(m): 6:44pm On May 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are right that it is information and it is right for me to prejudge its usefulness based on factors which include the basis by which the claimed author arrives at His Truth where God and the things of God is concerned. Surely, you do not expect me to gobble down anything thrown at me "in the name of God" simply because God's name is tacked on to it, do you? undecided

Belief is practical? I still think you are speaking instead of trust rather than belief. In that case, how do I practically establish the "belief" that my friend has brain cancer just as he revealed that he did? undecided

If you speak a million words, the fact remains that it’s not wise to judge an information before you get it. Even if you go to Harvard to learn to speak English language, it’s still going to be unreasonable. Judge an information for what it’s but I guess preconceived bias would not let you see.

You even left the information to attack it’s giver. This is the usual way people reject an information. They never put that information to test, instead they attack its source. An information should be judged for authenticity by itself but I guess people are men worshippers so they will follow the person and not the information. This is why a lot are deceived. They follow people and not the information given. I’m sure you’d be running head over heels at my call if I had a mighty church with 40k capacity won’t you?. At that level, even if I tell you that ur father is a wizard, you’ll still accept bc you’re a man worshiper.

I greatly implore you to focus on the information, and you can’t have that information unless you get it. The link still remains. Try it, you might find something beautiful. Don’t let personally or societally established limitations hinder you from getting something great. It’s not by chance that we’re exchanging replies on here, utilize it just as I’ll too. Have a wonderful day and bye for now.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe Something? by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On May 19, 2021
DavidAO:

If you speak a million words, the fact remains that it’s not wise to judge an information before you get it. Even if you go to Harvard to learn to speak English language, it’s still going to be unreasonable. Judge an information for what it’s but I guess preconceived bias would not let you see.

You even left the information to attack it’s giver. This is the usual way people reject an information. They never put that information to test, instead they attack its source. An information should be judged for authenticity by itself but I guess people are men worshippers so they will follow the person and not the information. This is why a lot are deceived. They follow people and not the information given. I’m sure you’d be running head over heels at my call if I had a mighty church with 40k capacity won’t you?. At that level, even if I tell you that ur father is a wizard, you’ll still accept bc you’re a man worshiper.

I greatly implore you to focus on the information, and you can’t have that information unless you get it. The link still remains. Try it, you might find something beautiful. Don’t let personally or societally established limitations hinder you from getting something great. It’s not by chance that we’re exchanging replies on here, utilize it just as I’ll too. Have a wonderful day and bye for now.
We are beings with finite capacity even where information consumptions is concerned. That is why it makes no real sense to consume all information you come across without first judging its usefulness to you and your endeavors. undecided

Sure,in the ideal world,it would be great to have unlimited resources enough to consume all information much like a super computer would but unfortunately, or even fortunately, as humans, we are given than power to decide what is right and what is acceptable for our individual minds based on our individual goals and intentions. undecided

Back to the topic, how do I practically establish the "belief" that my friend has brain cancer just as he revealed that he did? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Break This Family Spell? / Ramadan Surprise / The Devil's Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.