Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,734 members, 7,862,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:25 PM

What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? (17777 Views)

3 Nigerian Governors Using Made-in-nigeria Vehicles As Official Cars (pics) / Osun Directs Oyetola, Wife, Appointees To Return Official Cars / Innoson Vehicles Appreciates Soludo For Making Its Brand His Official Cars (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by meditator(m): 2:51pm On May 21, 2021
wunmi590:
shocked

I have not studied the zoo constitution up to that level, but it can be heard that your family can quickly use your official car on an errand....

But for a plane, do you even know the cost of it would incure on the government?

Why do you think they pay high for a ticket to travel out of the country, and that's worth many passengers, so that they can recover their money back...

But can you imagine using official plane to travel alone with your family and you are using tax payers money to jolificate with your family....

In short Buhari and his family needs to come and stood down infront of all Nigerians to lash them 10 strokes of cane each
No atom of logic and knowledge from the trash you write there. All I see is an opinion of a bigot. This is how you fail exam in school
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by mu2sa2: 2:55pm On May 21, 2021
wunmi590:
shocked

I have not studied the zoo constitution up to that level, but it can be heard that your family can quickly use your official car on an errand....

But for a plane, do you even know the cost of it would incure on the government?

Why do you think they pay high for a ticket to travel out of the country, and that's worth many passengers, so that they can recover their money back...

But can you imagine using official plane to travel alone with your family and you are using tax payers money to jolificate with your family....

In short Buhari and his family needs to come and stood down infront of all Nigerians to lash them 10 strokes of cane each
You are zoo dweller.Hypocrite, you cannot claim you haven't studied your zoo's constitution
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 21, 2021
Ademola47:
Some months ago, President Buhari's daughter, Zahra, was flown on the presidential jet. It was the basis of conversation in the political realm for days. Similar scenarios have been witnessed before and after that from people in power.

Children and spouses of public office holders travel in their parents or spouses official cars and jets.

For educational purposes only, and without political sentiments of any form, What does the Nigerian constitution say about such act?

... Just go straight to your target ( Buhari ) and his family members grin grin grin

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by unbreak: 2:57pm On May 21, 2021
Stipe:
I'm driving, once I park I will address this.

Am still waiting for u to park well oo!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Farki: 2:59pm On May 21, 2021
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by WaffenSS(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2021
Ademola47:
Some months ago, President Buhari's daughter, Zahra, was flown on the presidential jet. It was the basis of conversation in the political realm for days. Similar scenarios have been witnessed before and after that from people in power.

Children and spouses of public office holders travel in their parents or spouses official cars and jets.

For educational purposes only, and without political sentiments of any form, What does the Nigerian constitution say about such act?

The first family is entitled to such luxuries.
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by WaffenSS(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2021
Stipe:
I'm driving, once I park I will address this.

Is it your car, or is it second party usage?
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by onegig(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2021
LordIsaac:
It is controversial. They are the first family and the apparatus available for the figure head is for them grin
Just like the principal uses the official car to drive his family to church...

There is nothing controversial about this. It is abuse of office. It is an official plane for official duties. Any use of such properties without an official inclination is an abuse of power and misuse of public property.
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Jeffersonagain(m): 3:07pm On May 21, 2021
AGNESikpuNNU:
cool cool
The Fulani MUPPET in review has broken all known Nigerian Laws. So It won't matter what the law has to say.
We rather ask "what MIYETTI ALLAH or MACBAN" says about it, cause their opinion is more important to the lanky plonker and his gang of shameless bunglers.

Phew!
You did with words what a masterful tailor does with fabric.
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Oshobo44: 3:12pm On May 21, 2021
see below
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by LordIsaac(m): 3:17pm On May 21, 2021
onegig:

There is nothing controversial about this. It is abuse of office. It is an official plane for official duties. Any use of such properties without an official inclination is an abuse of power and misuse of public property.
How about the official house with his family? grin
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Babamide(m): 3:19pm On May 21, 2021
The Nigerian constitution states that.....
You must chop where you dey work.
Why would you have an official car and you cannot go and pick your children in school. Or you cannot use it on weekend for family and occasion
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by onegig(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2021
LordIsaac:

How about the official house with his family? grin

That is covered by extant laws.

The house is provided for the use of the "first family"

The first family can use the Airplane but it has to be while it is ferrying the President to a destination and they are just co-passengers i.e riding with him.

It can not be used as personal transport
for individuall family members to their
personal destinations when the president isn't on board. It's that simple.
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by wunmi590(m): 3:47pm On May 21, 2021
meditator:
No atom of logic and knowledge from the trash you write there. All I see is an opinion of a bigot. This is how you fail exam in school

I was expecting an intelligent person to quote me, I never knew it's this ugly thing from the pit of hell that quoted me....

I'm not the cause of your generational failure, I wasn't the one that told you to vote in Buhari so that your failure can continue to expand...

I'm not in your calibre boy, go and hussle well before you engage me...

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by vioment: 4:29pm On May 21, 2021
I would be surprised if there was one.

The way this country is run eh
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by 99thEnemy(m): 4:40pm On May 21, 2021
Buhari's daughter eating Jollof on the 'Eagle One' Jet don start one bicycle grin
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by LordIsaac(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2021
onegig:

That is covered by extant laws.

The house is provided for the use of the "first family"

The first family can use the Airplane but it has to be while it is ferrying the President to a destination and they are just co-passengers i.e riding with him.

It can not be used as personal transport
for individuall family members to their
personal destinations when the president isn't on board. It's that simple.
How about official vehicles of directors of boards and parastatals or this is just for the first family? wink
Especially those sweet hiluxes they use in buying yams for the ogas family... Or, oga no go chop grin grin
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by michlins(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2021
LordIsaac:

How about official vehicles of directors of boards and parastatals or this is just for the first family? wink
can you prove it with hard evidence?
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by LordIsaac(m): 4:57pm On May 21, 2021
michlins:
can you prove it with hard evidence?
We see them around brother... Don't act naieve.
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by netmillionaires(m): 5:17pm On May 21, 2021
How can you compare a plane to a car. It cost your dad just 5 to 10 litres of petrol to drive across the state to pick you in school. This can't be more than #2,000 in taxpayers money compared to a plane that may cost as much as $100,000 (#45,000,000) in taxpayers' money in a country where most people live on less than #18,000 in a month. I have not come across any section of the constitution that claims it is illegal but I do know it is wrong and frown at.

It is a different case when we talk of the president going on an official duty and his family deciding to tag along. It is very wrong for the daughter of the president to wake up one day and say papa I am going to UK and I need to use the airforce 1. Common sense dictate that you use a first class flight that won't cost you more than £2,000 instead of wasting over $100,000 in taxpayers' money.

Even UK or USA citizens will not allow that nonsense.
Babamide:
The Nigerian constitution states that.....
You must chop where you dey work.
Why would you have an official car and you cannot go and pick your children in school. Or you cannot use it on weekend for family and occasion
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by ridwanlawal: 7:36pm On May 21, 2021
wunmi590:
shocked

But for a plane, do you even know the cost it would incure on the government?

Why do you think they pay high for a ticket to travel out of the country, and that's with many passengers, so that they can recover their money back...

Blessed are the best among comments for they shall receive the kingdom of..............
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Babamide(m): 8:55pm On May 21, 2021
netmillionaires:
How can you compare a plane to a car. [/b]It cost your dad[b] just 5 to 10 litres of petrol to drive across the state to pick you in school. This can't be more than #2,000 in taxpayers money compared to a plane that may cost as much as $100,000 (#45,000,000) in taxpayers' money in a country where most people live on less than #18,000 in a month. I have not come across any section of the constitution that claims it is illegal but I do know it is wrong and frown at.

It is a different case when we talk of the president going on an official duty and his family deciding to tag along. It is very wrong for the daughter of the president to wake up one day and say papa I am going to UK and I need to use the airforce 1. Common sense dictate that you use a first class flight that won't cost you more than £2,000 instead of wasting over $100,000 in taxpayers' money.

Even UK or USA citizens will not allow that nonsense.
The above bolded is disrespectful to say the least.
But let's use you example, if my dad is an assistant director in a ministry in your state and he uses the official car for his personal and family runs, it is almost equivalent to the president using his aircraft for such. Corruption is corruption, whether it cost the tax payers #2,000 or #45,000,000
Corruption in Nigeria thrives because we all see it as a norm when you assume any government or civil service position.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Bimpe29: 9:04pm On May 21, 2021
The archaic constitution couldn't have considered the subject matter when germane issues are not provided for or inadequately taken into consideration.
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by netmillionaires(m): 11:00pm On May 21, 2021
Sorry if you find it disrespectful. I didn't meant it to be disrespectful. It is just an illustration. Something like saying if a child schools within or in a nearby state, it won't burn more than #2000 in his dad's pocket if he chose to take his official car. And because the money is a meagre sum, he won't find it hard using his own money to fuel the car. That's what I mean

The bolded is not true. Official cars are given out for mobility purpose are most are charged against the person's salary until fully paid for. You are given an official car so you can easily shuffle between work. It is common knowledge that this car will also be use at home for easy mobility. This is normal being that all repairs will be borne from your salary. It becomes a misnormal when you are collecting petrol allowance while mismanaging it by exhausting it on personal outing and then charging it to the company's account.

We all know how expensive it is to fuel an airplane, we know it cost so much just to park it outside the country, we know that it cost an arm to repair it, we also know that the president's family won't pay a dim out of pocket for any of these expenses. There lies the problem.

Babamide:
The above bolded is disrespectful to say the least.
But let's use your example, if my dad is an assistant director in a ministry in your state and he uses the official car for his personal and family runs, it is almost equivalent to the president using his aircraft for such. Corruption is corruption, whether it cost the tax payers #2,000 or #45,000,000
Corruption in Nigeria thrives because we all see it as a norm when you assume any government or civil service position.
Re: What Does The Nigerian Law Say About 'Second Party' Usage Of Official Cars? by Ademola47(m): 6:59am On Jul 25, 2021
Awaiting More Replies...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Economy Is In Danger - Okonjo-Iweala / Fayemi Reacts To Vote Of No Confidence By Reps Channels Television / EFCC Detains Badeh, To Hold Amosu Over Arms Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.