Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,425 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? (29633 Views)

Could This Job Of N130k Weekly Payment Be Real? / This Giveaway Is Better Than Abeg App Giveaway / Help Advice Me; Can It Be Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Olibboy: 10:23am On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,
I was amongst hundreds of people that participated on a giveaway promo done by a popular actor,Kenneth Okonkwo.
Laptops and plama TVs would be shared amongst his fans randomly. I participated in it on two occasions. The first occasion didn't work out. The second one which happened on 13th May was what I received a reply on 14th but didn't get to read it till yesterday.
I was shocked to see the message because I never thought I would even qualify and also scared to know if it was real or not. Tried checking the email he used to send me the message and it is the same thing with the one on his Facebook page.
Today I called this Tebira guy who is in charge of waybilling the stuffs. He asked for my location and the code I was given. I told him everything. Then he said I have to come to their office in Abuja to get the items or pay 12k if i want it delivered to my place in Enugu.
Asked if he could accept payment in delivery, he said he only accepts half payment which is 6k. Told him to send me the address later on.
So guys is this real or not?. Cuz I m super scared that it might be a scam and would want to forfeit it. Even the Tebira guy told me to forfeit it if I think it is a scam.
Below is the message Kenneth Okonkwo sent to me four days ago.

N:B - I 'm sorry if you feel it's wrong I posted it on this section, I felt here is where I can get advise from the right people.
Also Mods should push to front page so people can be aware of this. Many people could have been scammed by this guys all in the guise of giveaway.
na scam
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by casmed: 10:25am On May 19, 2021
Open scam oo. This is so cheap nah.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Obason22(m): 10:28am On May 19, 2021
Galaticos444:
scammer spotted
u be goat.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by netmillionaires(m): 10:28am On May 19, 2021
Na you be the Tebira guy? No let guyman vex for you o. OP, the best thing to do is to ask for the address in Abuja so you can pick it up in person. A scammer will immediately stop responding and consider you a stubborn maga. The worst he will do is send you a fake address. There are many people here who are ready to confirm the address.

illicit:
It's better you send money than going in person

That's if you eventually want to try ur luck

So even if it turned out to be scam, what u will lose is money and not ur life

Remember the mudder squad

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by rickyboss333: 10:30am On May 19, 2021
From the email, it was said u won a plasma tv and laptop right? tell the maga to deliver the laptop and take the plasma tv and see his response
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Obason22(m): 10:35am On May 19, 2021
Seeeker:

Lol. That Obason22 is a fellow scammer. Arindin scamer
God will punish ur generation, I'm a staff of federal polytechnic Auchi, Edo State. And if u choose to no me better u come to estate & works management. Happily married and blessed with 2 kids.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by netmillionaires(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2021
I wonder o. Person wey wan do giveaway of 85k laptop no fit budget small thing for courier. I laff

ubev01:
Once you are asked to pay for ANYTHING in a giveaway, know that it's a SCAM

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by HRMK: 10:40am On May 19, 2021
SIMPLY 419!AM SURE ITS EITHER A FAKE OR HACKED ACCOUNT!RUN,RUN,RUN!!
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by detectivejones: 10:42am On May 19, 2021
Big Scam!!! a cousin of mine told me of one yeye iphoneX giveaway she participated in on instagram last year, she was told to pay N14,500 so that her item would be sent from Lagos to Calabar and she foolishly complied till this very minute she didn't see phone and her money not returned. Funnily enough, they blocked her after everything

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by joshboo(m): 10:44am On May 19, 2021
100% SCAM
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Obason22(m): 10:45am On May 19, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

Even scammers on Nairaland will dish out advice, Op...be careful grin
who cares, this platform gave room and immunity to everyone to express his/her advice on a matter that arises, I see no reason for u to tag me name without verification, as a girl child u have to be warned and stop further defamation.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Nobody: 10:48am On May 19, 2021
Obason22:
God will punish ur generation, I'm a staff of federal polytechnic Auchi, Edo State. And if u choose to no me better u come to estate & works management. Happily married and blessed with 2 kids.

Quota system poly staff. If he supports scammers, he is a scammer.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by netmillionaires(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2021
Lol na una dey follow celebrity na. Funnily, some years back during the MMM days, we were asked to open new facebook accounts during the Guardians training. As I didn't want to open another account with my name, I decided to use a fake name. The name that came out first was Funsho Adeolu.... You will be surprised at the number of friends requests I received everyday even without a single picture upload yet.. That was when I remembered that there is a nollywood actor who bears the same name.
Concetta:
What about me that just sent a friend request to Funke Akindele and was then messaged that I won an Iphone. Na wa for my fellow country people oo

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by jaymichael(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2021
paulolee:
big fat scam my gee...people jus de create format this days because things too hard..
na so I apply for one giveaway on tweeter by one account dt claimed to be davido personal person...d gee gat alot of snaps. video. shots with d real davido n he said he is giving 50k to only 20 people..
I apply to try luck n I got a d.m dt I won d moni but before I would be sent, I need to pay 10k for a token code n need to send m bvn so they verify from my account if I really need d moni..
I tell d gee say, mk him tell davido say i say am a big fan of his music bt aside music, him n davido de ment..
Hahaaa! That part got me "him and Davido dey ment"����
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Obason22(m): 10:54am On May 19, 2021
Seeeker:

I just introduced my self to u, may be u can do the same, jobless idiot.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Obason22(m): 10:55am On May 19, 2021
Seeeker:

I have introduced my self to u, may be u can do same, jobless idiot.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 10:57am On May 19, 2021
Obason22:
who cares, this platform gave room and immunity to everyone to express his/her advice on a matter that arises, I see no reason for u to tag me name without verification, as a girl child u have to be warned and stop further defamation.
Alright, sorry about my comment.

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by agent52(m): 10:58am On May 19, 2021
scam on the highest order...
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by obonujoker(m): 11:02am On May 19, 2021
Lol... These young boys won't stop scamming and go to work, even as a teacher.

If they stop Fraud today,how will most of these boys survive?
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by ShaqFu: 11:18am On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,
I was amongst hundreds of people that participated on a giveaway promo done by a popular actor,Kenneth Okonkwo.
Laptops and plama TVs would be shared amongst his fans randomly. I participated in it on two occasions. The first occasion didn't work out. The second one which happened on 13th May was what I received a reply on 14th but didn't get to read it till yesterday.
I was shocked to see the message because I never thought I would even qualify and also scared to know if it was real or not. Tried checking the email he used to send me the message and it is the same thing with the one on his Facebook page.
Today I called this Tebira guy who is in charge of waybilling the stuffs. He asked for my location and the code I was given. I told him everything. Then he said I have to come to their office in Abuja to get the items or pay 12k if i want it delivered to my place in Enugu.
Asked if he could accept payment in delivery, he said he only accepts half payment which is 6k. Told him to send me the address later on.
So guys is this real or not?. Cuz I m super scared that it might be a scam and would want to forfeit it. Even the Tebira guy told me to forfeit it if I think it is a scam.

N:B - I 'm sorry if you feel it's wrong I posted it on this section, I felt here is where I can get advise from the right people.
Also Mods should push to front page so people can be aware of this. Many people could have been scammed by this guys all in the guise of giveaway.
cheap scam. Don't fall for it. If it's genuine I'm sure you would have been told you can pay on delivery.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Owologbo(m): 11:27am On May 19, 2021
chelsea1116:
I dont kn abt d authenticity of ds but the one i can assure u is fake is..u see this facebook scam? They will hack people's account and make a post with 99tags telling u how they made 100k in 45mins..
then the most annoying part is the comments..

"Thank u for ds opportunity" "are u sure its real cos i want to giv it a try" "God bless u for this opportunity" etc

Whenever u see a post like this on facebook..pls run!!
You know how they operate bro. I don't know where they get those commenters from.
it's like make so so so amount by commenting online is been run by scammers.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by seniorkachion(m): 11:27am On May 19, 2021
Kenneth Okonkwo didn't send you any message!

Don't say you were not warned!

Once you send that 6k for delivery, the imposters will block you.

That was how I supposedly received a free iPhone from England and was told to send money for customs clearance and delivery.

My #75k disappeared just like that.

It's an old scam method with a new face.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Prettychild(f): 11:30am On May 19, 2021
It's a big scam dear, people like Kenneth Okonkwo's Facebook account is verified. Once it's not verified, it's a scam
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Nobody: 11:46am On May 19, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Na wa o, see as you kept the whole thing to yourself. Na when kasala wan burst u come dey call Nairalanders
I didn't keep anything to myself. The main action began yesterday so I decided to share so people would be aware about it. Many people that participated in the promo might have been scammed already
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by pelumi247(m): 11:49am On May 19, 2021
Real scam in disguise.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Nobody: 11:53am On May 19, 2021
Since yesterday, oga Tebirah no wan reply me. Seems he has blocked me sef. I be stubborn client.
New format guys.
Beware
Na scam angry. Take cover cheesy

1 Like

Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Josephamstrong1(m): 11:55am On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
The 6k na for part payment of the waybill money
Madam, that's a scam.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 19, 2021
paulolee:
big fat scam my gee...people jus de create format this days because things too hard..
na so I apply for one giveaway on tweeter by one account dt claimed to be davido personal person...d gee gat alot of snaps. video. shots with d real davido n he said he is giving 50k to only 20 people..
I apply to try luck n I got a d.m dt I won d moni but before I would be sent, I need to pay 10k for a token code n need to send m bvn so they verify from my account if I really need d moni..
I tell d gee say, mk him tell davido say i say am a big fan of his music bt aside music, him n davido de ment..
guy I just got scammed rn sef aswear I wan craze , money wey I suppose use buy handout

Gawd have mercy
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Heroesworths(m): 12:00pm On May 19, 2021
But it's a scam nau. Don't do anything with him. It's a scam. Please don't fall for this.
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by lonelydora: 12:27pm On May 19, 2021
Maryjane001:
Good evening N/Landers,

Kenneth Okonkwo debunked this giveaway long time ago. It is scam
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by Graciafun(m): 12:33pm On May 19, 2021
[quote author=GorillaApp post=101825262]Smells like scam.
He wants to harvest your 6k.
Tell him you will come to Abuja to pick it up in person, let him supply his office address[/quoted

You just sopoke my mind. IT'S A SCAM!
Re: Guys, Could This Be Real?. What do YOU think about this Giveaway? by abayskia(m): 12:35pm On May 19, 2021
If you ever fall for this kind of scam. Bros u have a PhD in MUMUISM with specialization in GREED

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Thought Honesty And Hardwork Pays? / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / 2015 Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Student Scholarships & IMRD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.