Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves (2626 Views)

She Is Ikwerre And Not Igbo / Wike Is Ikwerre From Bini But Amaechi Is Igbo / What Is An Igboid Language? Is Ikwerre The Same Language As Igbo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by Knetpro(m): 12:43am On Aug 13, 2023
I think there is a very clear distinction between the 2
Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by Armaggedon: 6:50am On Aug 13, 2023
Portharcourt has Igbo name but Lagos has no Yoruba name, that's why it's called a no- man's- land.
Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by DeepThroater: 7:18am On Aug 13, 2023
raker300:
Every cretin feels the need to mention igbo so they can feel significant.

You have been rejected.

Face your Biafra with your five Ibo states.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by DeepThroater: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2023
gidgiddy:
What some people dont seem to realise is that the creation of states, such as Rivers state, by Gowon, is what the North has used to hold everyone down today. I laughed when that idiot called Governor Wike renamed liberation stadium after Gowon.

The breaking up of the Regions into states by Gowon was the start of "divide and rule" that Gowon and his fellow Northerners would use to dominate all Nigeria to this day

It is strong Regions that make the centre weak so that the federating units can control their destiny

You got Rivers state, but at what cost? You went from almost 75% derivation to 13%. You lost resource control, you lost fiscal federalism and you lost your sovereignty. Your oil wealth has been stolen and carted up North for the last 50 years.

Because you have Rivers state, you have become several times bigger slave than you ever were when you were in the Eastern Nigeria as a province.

Today, you clamour to restructure so as to enjoy what you had before the creation of Rivers State.

State creation benefited the North, but was a very bad thing for the South. Go and ask how how much the 44 local governments of just Kano recieved and compare it with what your 23 Local governments in Rivers state got and you will start to know how state creation was used to cheat you in Rivers

See am

Unity begging attaché by force.

It's Lugard I blame for creating the old eastern region and lumping SS people's with you cannibals.

What of the ethnic minorities in the north ? Do you think they are happy being yoked under the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri ?

Better start purging the thought of having your useless Biafra with any SS people.

2 Likes

Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by Christistruth03: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2023
At least they have given up on Claiming Lagos
Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by Wainey: 8:19am On Aug 13, 2023
nthony10:
OP please don't mislead people just to sound right.
These same Igbo people that the ikwerres
Talk like, dress like, bear very similar names and you are here saying nonsense in order to justify foolishness.

So sad

culture is not particular to any tribe, two tribes can have same culture but it doesn't mean the culture belongs to one of them.
The culture the igbos have is not 100% theirs

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by Wainey: 8:25am On Aug 13, 2023
waterbrown24:
Idiot who send ikwere, fools wey no get identity.

the pic u posted has a man putting on okpu agu.if the ikwere people want to distance themselves from the Igbos they should do it completely including our culture as well, ikwere people should adopt their Benin culture and names and leave our Igbo heritage alone.!!
that culture is not igbo culture, no culture in this present age belongs to a particular tribe.
Igbos also travelled and embrace the culture of other to make their own, the Ikwerre did the same too, the Igbo should rather leave Ikwerre culture and create their own

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by Jomonix: 8:30am On Aug 13, 2023
The writer of this post is not Ikwerre nor from the SS. The post is here to ignite hate against the Igbo. I guess we all know where the writer is from. Be guided brothers
Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by DeepThroater: 8:56am On Aug 13, 2023
Christistruth03:

At least they have given up on Claiming Lagos

They can't even phantom trying the nonesense they attempted in Lagos anywhere in the SS.
Forget the jobless IPOB riffraffs here posting from prison yards across the world.

Ibo man knows his limit in SS.

Abandoned property saga screwed sense into their heads .

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by DeepThroater: 8:57am On Aug 13, 2023
Jomonix:
The writer of this post is not Ikwerre nor from the SS. The post is here to ignite hate against the Igbo. I guess we all know where the writer is from. Be guided brothers

Tell us one thing that the SS people should like about you Ibos .
Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by DeepThroater: 9:04am On Aug 13, 2023
Jomonix:

Same Ikwere that chased you out of PH and took over your properties.

If I hear

1 Like

Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by Jomonix: 9:22am On Aug 13, 2023
DeepThroater:

Tell us one thing that the SS people should like about you Ibos .

It is non of your business sir.
Re: Port Harcourt Is Ikwerre Land, Igbos Must Respect Themselves by Jomonix: 9:23am On Aug 13, 2023
DeepThroater:

Same Ikwere that chased you out of PH and took over your properties.

If I hear

Don't worry my dear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Tunubu Cries Out Over Jonathan's Concensus Plans / Real Pictures Of Mammoth Crowd As Labour Party Campaigns In Kogi / Treason Charges: FG Has Found Legal Grounds To Arrest Obi Like MNK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.