Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank (4443 Views)

Next Year Is 2026; Not 2021. And Thats A Fact You Can Take To The Bank! / More Students Of OOU Fainted During GNS Exam Today At The ICT Center / This Is What My Friend Who Went To America For Masters Degree Told Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by Ishilove: 8:18am On May 19, 2021
Bestinstinct:

I understand her, she just failed to detect the senselessness of the person she had conversation with. She should have been able to detect a frustrated person within few seconds of conversation. She should learn from this and go by your suggestions. Cheers
100% correct. There are people I can't be bothered with exchanging jokes with She should have been able to sense the kind of person she was talking to within the first few seconds of the convo and set the records straight right there and then.

2 Likes

Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by wazklin: 8:39am On May 19, 2021
Learn to talk in Public places and don't be full of yourself.
Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by Vivien458(f): 8:47am On May 19, 2021
Lessonteacher:
I was in a bank today, I was in the room where deposits are being made. When I arrived, the bankers were busy counting the huge cash that was being deposited by several individuals there, and it occurred to me I had a check transfer I needed to make, I now handed the banker the money I had in a nylon bag, and told him "let me go and do the transfer first, then I will come for the deposit" and he agreed, cos he knows my boss. I now went and did the transfer. when I came back, I stood in the middle of the room, I intentionally didn't want to sit down cos I'd been sitting down while I waited . It happened that there was a lady sitting right by my side, so she asked me to sit down. I couldn't hear her initially cos I had my earpiece fixed in my ears listening to the music, she asked me to come and sit down again. I was hesitant to oblige her cos I wanted to be on my own.i now sat down hesitantly. She now said I had to sit down cos I had a long wait to wait , that the money the bankers were counting was huge and besides that she would first be served. I now asked her if she came before me and she said yes, and I said ok,,,.
I now jokingly asked her "is it a guarantee that you will be served before me even if you came before me". She said "yes". I asked " what if I bribed the banker" she said "I will report the banker", and I was like "what if I know the bank manager and give him money too ?"
She now started saying "I will report this person,I will report that person, I will first be served" I didn't want to argue whether she would be served first,cos I wasn't so much in a hurry.
Remember I left the money with the banker I was familiar with,. So when he'd done attending to the customers that with huge cash, he now started counting my cash, the fact being that my cash was in front of him already. Next, the lady I had exchanged words with earlier now got extremely anoid and started taking loud and louder to extent that almost everyone in the room got involved, some of them blamed me though they didn't grab the major situation that led to the argument, while the others were like "yes if you have money in Nigeria you have the power"
Now the banks manager came down and asked the banker what was going on and the banker gave him the answer he gave him. The manager now stepped closer to me and told me to leave the room, that they had ethics, he didn't want to listen to my own view, almost immediately the banker now came and handed me the deposit slip confirming the transaction.
I said "thank you" left the room immediately. He now came to my office around 5pm after they must have closed (I told him where our office was located) he asked if my boss was around and I said "no" I asked if it was because of the earlier incident that he came , he first said yes that they later queried him. Though he later said no, that he just wanted to see my boss that they were friends.he left after a few minutes of his arrival.
After he left I started having feelings whether the incident that transpired between the woman and me earlier in the bank was causing problem.
The point of this my write up is that I don't want troubles.should I go to the bank and tell them "I'm sorry for what I said And the way I reacted"?
Advise me please
you must be a child you knew you came before him or she and still he went ahead to fight the customer over nothing. since your bag was already with the banker why didn't you tell the lady please I came before you and if she tries to argue then you point to where your bag is by seeing your bag the customer will accept immediately that you actually came before her.

1 Like

Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by Biglittlelois(f): 8:47am On May 19, 2021
Ishilove:

100% correct. There are people I can't be bothered with exchanging jokes with She should have been able to sense the kind of person she was talking to within the first few seconds of the convo and set the records straight right there and then.

There are certain things you don't say as a joke, and she wasn't trying to joke around, she was trying to brag, for her to mention bribe or knowing the teller and manager, means she has bribed before and always chanced other people in the bank cos she knows people, if I was the one she said that nonsense to, I may not over react like the woman did, I will make sure she and the teller pay for what they did, imagine her saying the woman is overly religious and strict in other comments, how is that any of her business? She should learn to control her mouth.

1 Like

Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by Ishilove: 8:48am On May 19, 2021
Biglittlelois:

There are certain things you don't say as a joke, and she wasn't trying to joke around, she was trying to brag, for her to mention bribe or knowing the teller and manager, means she has bribed before and always chanced other people in the back cos she knows people, if I was the one she said that nonsense to, I may not over react like the woman did, I will make sure she and the teller pay for what they did, imagine her saying the woman is overly religious and strict in other comments, how is that any of her business? She should learn to control her mouth.
Very true
Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by Techcrunchng(m): 8:55am On May 19, 2021
Sometimes I wonder how some people reason sad maybe one day you should go to police station and jokingly tell them that you're a killer. See how you put an innocent young man's means of livelihood at stake just because you felt you have your mouth to talk to people anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by CelebCircle: 9:20am On May 19, 2021
Baba Ijesha Finally Granted Bail Despite JUSON Strike

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSytxGbi47U
Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by lereinter(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2021
You have mind o you left money at counter and went to do transfer

Go and ask what happened at first bank iseyin

1 Like

Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by kingslj: 9:28am On May 19, 2021
@ Jixx,
another idiot that cant read and understand a simple narrative .
Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by bayobabe(f): 9:43am On May 19, 2021
The thing is that the frustration in the land is much gaaan.....if it where in those days she might not have taken it the way she took it..... But in this era that we are in, be careful with the things you say out there.....people are being killed for silly reason now. God bless you.
Lessonteacher:
I was in a bank today, I was in the room where deposits are being made. When I arrived, the bankers were busy counting the huge cash that was being deposited by several individuals there, and it occurred to me I had a check transfer I needed to make, I now handed the banker the money I had in a nylon bag, and told him "let me go and do the transfer first, then I will come for the deposit" and he agreed, cos he knows my boss. I now went and did the transfer. when I came back, I stood in the middle of the room, I intentionally didn't want to sit down cos I'd been sitting down while I waited . It happened that there was a lady sitting right by my side, so she asked me to sit down. I couldn't hear her initially cos I had my earpiece fixed in my ears listening to the music, she asked me to come and sit down again. I was hesitant to oblige her cos I wanted to be on my own.i now sat down hesitantly. She now said I had to sit down cos I had a long wait to wait , that the money the bankers were counting was huge and besides that she would first be served. I now asked her if she came before me and she said yes, and I said ok,,,.
I now jokingly asked her "is it a guarantee that you will be served before me even if you came before me". She said "yes". I asked " what if I bribed the banker" she said "I will report the banker", and I was like "what if I know the bank manager and give him money too ?"
She now started saying "I will report this person,I will report that person, I will first be served" I didn't want to argue whether she would be served first,cos I wasn't so much in a hurry.
Remember I left the money with the banker I was familiar with,. So when he'd done attending to the customers that with huge cash, he now started counting my cash, the fact being that my cash was in front of him already. Next, the lady I had exchanged words with earlier now got extremely anoid and started taking loud and louder to extent that almost everyone in the room got involved, some of them blamed me though they didn't grab the major situation that led to the argument, while the others were like "yes if you have money in Nigeria you have the power"
Now the banks manager came down and asked the banker what was going on and the banker gave him the answer he gave him. The manager now stepped closer to me and told me to leave the room, that they had ethics, he didn't want to listen to my own view, almost immediately the banker now came and handed me the deposit slip confirming the transaction.
I said "thank you" left the room immediately. He now came to my office around 5pm after they must have closed (I told him where our office was located) he asked if my boss was around and I said "no" I asked if it was because of the earlier incident that he came , he first said yes that they later queried him. Though he later said no, that he just wanted to see my boss that they were friends.he left after a few minutes of his arrival.
After he left I started having feelings whether the incident that transpired between the woman and me earlier in the bank was causing problem.
The point of this my write up is that I don't want troubles.should I go to the bank and tell them "I'm sorry for what I said And the way I reacted"?
Advise me please
Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by Nobody: 9:52am On May 19, 2021
So long a letter
Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by Karleb(m): 10:36am On May 19, 2021
Some people are so angry, they don't know how to take jokes.
Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by NoToPile: 12:16pm On May 19, 2021
Very unnecessary conversation

You were bragging that what if you bribe this and that to what end? What were you hoping to achieve with that convo. The energy you used in trying to 'joke' as you put it would have been channelled into saying ' I have been here before , I am actually next in line'

Very careless talk that has landed someone a query. You do not joke with bribe in some institutions, you could have 'joked' with something else.

Imagine if it was someone else that might have the power to open an investigation on the branch and the staff that you discussed with.

You are also having a feeling you did a wrong thing probably why you opened this thread.

Finally, you left your money with the cashier and stepped out? shocked

1 Like

Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by Ebonygeek(f): 12:31pm On May 19, 2021
Sorry Ma

Meanwhile,

Jamb Novel Expo

Sorry about the title. I needed to get you in here.

Are you too busy to read the Jamb novel? Are you a science student who doesn't fancy novels at all? Or maybe all those big words are just too many and are confusing you.

If I give you a solution, will you take it?

Well, no worries. I've read the novel 2 times very thoroughly and have 2 files that will help you ace the novel questions in your Use of English section.

Since most students don't enjoy reading, I created a way for you to learn on the go with:

An audio file containing the entire summary of the book, which will help you understand the novel whether you read it or not

A PDF file of ALL the big words/vocabulary used in the book, meanings and the exact contextual sentence of the word in the book.
E.g.
Word: Resplendent
Meaning: Magnificent or pleasing to the eyes.
The HOD, prof. Samuel Johnson, sat resplendent behind his mighty desk

That's not all. I also have 54 possible questions and answers from the book

When it came to pricing, I thought of selling everything together for #1000, but then I really thought about it. You got the book for #500, so why should I sell the analysis for anything more than that?

I'm giving away all of these information for just #500, the same amount you paid for the novel

If you can't read, just listen to the explanation while carrying on with your activities

Heck, I'm adding a promo too. The first 20 people to order for it, will get everything for just #400.

Send me a WhatsApp message now on: 08150801426
Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by JovialJune(f): 12:41pm On May 19, 2021
Op is a type of person that when she gets to a position of power and a wheelbarrow pusher mistakenly steps on her toe, she'd flare up and be like "do you know who I am, I know Bill gates, Dangote is my boy, I can bribe the Inspector General of Police to throw you in jail and nothing will happen" and then later say it was a joke grin

Wayray Op cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by mrfizy(m): 1:09pm On May 19, 2021
Lessonteacher:
Advise me please
I'm extremely "anoid" at your behavior.

1 Like

Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by kzubyar(m): 2:33pm On May 19, 2021
Lessonteacher:
Advise me please
you what to show up
Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by sisisioge: 8:13pm On May 19, 2021
Whew! You sound young and unaware to me. How could you be throwing words like bribery around in a bank even if you were joking! It's a place where absolutely integrity is preached so if you so much as make a claim that questions this integrity, you could get people fired!

The teller wasnt supposed to collect your money upfront in the manner you described.

Queuing system is respected.

Hint of bribery! Dang! Na wa for you o...please be guided! Whew!

1 Like

Re: This Incedent Happened To Me Today At The Bank by Biglittlelois(f): 12:54pm On May 27, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unn 2008/2009 Cut Off Marks & Primary Admission List / Info On University Of Maiduguri / Photos: 8 Wonders Of The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.