Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike (15644 Views)

Petrol Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Down Tools / Fuel Scarcity Looms As NUPENG Hints Sit-at-home Order From Friday / FIRS Workers Threaten Strike Over Fowler’s Handover To Abiodun Aina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Antoeni(m): 11:35pm On May 18, 2021
The National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas workers has threatened to go on nationwide strike if the Federal Government fails to caution Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, who has declared the leadership of the organised labour wanted.

Should NUPENG proceed on a strike, it will affect the supply and distribution of petroleum products across the country.

NUPENG said in a statement by its National President, Williams Akporeha, that it had received a report of a clandestine move of Governor El-Rufai to put the lives of the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, Ayuba Wabba, and other union leaders at risk.

The statement read in part, “NUPENG, therefore, warns that if any harm is inflicted on any of the members of the organised labour, the leadership of the union will not hesitate to call on all our members throughout the nation for a total shutdown of all our services in the upstream, mid-stream, downstream sectors of the oil and gas industry.”

The governor is reported to have sacked over 60,000 workers since he became governor in 2015.

On Tuesday he announced the sacking of lecturers and nurses for joining the strike organised by the NLC.
?

https://punchng.com/el-rufai-fuel-scarcity-looms-as-oil-workers-threaten-nationwide-strike/?amp&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Bola146(f): 11:36pm On May 18, 2021
embarassed sad embarassed

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Antoeni(m): 11:37pm On May 18, 2021
E don Set be dat ,
Make everything boosts, let bring down the economy fully

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Antoeni(m): 11:43pm On May 18, 2021
But one Thing El Rufai Should Understand is That ,This is Democracy And Power of the People is Ultimate When Together And United On a Course

19 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Maxymilliano(m): 11:48pm On May 18, 2021
Arrogance, Impunity and Lawlessness..

This was the same El-Rufai in 2012, when Nigeria was a country..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Charmingrascal(m): 11:51pm On May 18, 2021
If I ever hear u say or write El Rufai for President I will curse you and you will suffer for Six Hundred years.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Sirjamo: 12:03am On May 19, 2021
In Kaduna civil service, one office, two cars, ten drivers. Most of the workers are useless, they will sit under mango tree gossiping from 9am to 4pm every working day.

The Governor should not bow to the pressure by NLC to re instate useless workers, but, he should pay them their severance package.

El Rufai should also sack all of his useless political appointees if he wants the labour to reason with him. You cannot tell the workers to make sacrifices while you maintain your own hundreds of government appointees without portfolio.

I AM DONE TALKING

12 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by colorsofrainbow: 12:06am On May 19, 2021
Sirjamo:
In Kaduna civil service, one office, two cars, ten drivers. Most of the workers are useless, they will sit under mango tree gossiping from 9am to 4pm every working day.

The Governor should not bow to the pressure by NLC to re instate useless workers, but, he should pay them their severance package.

El Rufai should also sack all of his useless political appointees if he wants the labour to reason with him. You cannot tell the workers to make sacrifices while you maintain your own hundreds of government appointees without portfolio.

I AM DONE TALKING
I can see how hard you are trying to balance your zombiesm but you didn't succeed in doing it well grin

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by DankemzI(m): 12:08am On May 19, 2021
Our government is the most corrupt organization in the universe

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by marveangel(m): 12:48am On May 19, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by bcomputer101: 1:33am On May 19, 2021
I blame Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Authoreety: 4:56am On May 19, 2021
Buhari should just resign
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by masterP042(m): 4:57am On May 19, 2021
If we can actually be frank to ourselves, this contraption called Nigeria is not working, since 1960 we've been on a downward trail. This is not about Buhari or who ever becomes the next president, the system is flawed, a house divided amongst itself cannot stand, the country is irredeemably divided among ethnic lines.. If our current generation actually know where this country was coming from, you'll know that this country is like a truck with break failure heading for doom.. It's either you jump out or eventually crash with it.. I can't believe that this was a country my dad once told me that there used to be a time corpers are rewarded with a car and automatic employment after service.. angry In one of Chinua Achebe's book I read, he said he once told a very reputable company to come from lagos to his home at ogidi to grant him a job interview, meaning he had many choices then, imagine a company coming to your home to interview you. We were on cause to be a world power..
The issue of fuel scarcity has always existed before buhari, and will still continue after him. If we don't go back to the drawing board, and take our destiny by our hands.. No matter how you force it, this country will not work... A large number of Nigerians no longer see this country as theirs, they see it as it only belongs to the "government". It's just like in a football club when a player doesn't want to stay, forcing him will not be of any good, cos his disinterest will cause a lot of problems for the team, it's better he is let go.. Let the country divide amongst 5 or 6 major ethnic lines, let the people once more have a sense of belonging, let them feel the closeness of the government.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by fixedhollies(m): 4:57am On May 19, 2021
Fuel go dey aso rock... I don’t know while it’s difficult for a whole country to have reliable and working refineries. Even if na to use a year budget do am. Una father.

Oh I forgot, till a man finishes his own, maybe we will rest small.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by TimmyTen(m): 4:59am On May 19, 2021
6th largest producer of oil in the world yet FUEL scarcity looms. 6th largest bitumen deposit in the world but NO GOOD ROADS. Blessed with intellectuals and brilliant minds but RULED BY OLD NEPA BILL HOLDER.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Kolaboluv7(m): 5:00am On May 19, 2021
grin

Hell rufai must go.., buhari must go

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Wakins(m): 5:01am On May 19, 2021
El rufai just wanna add more problems for us in this country.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Nobody: 5:01am On May 19, 2021
They just want to put the average Nigeria in pain because to my understanding, fuel scarcity do not affect the politicians and the corrupt elites because there is always back door for them to get fuel.

It is the average Nigerian that will suffer, what we need in Nigeria is not strike, what we need is the total eradication of useless leaders and the eradication of political Godfathers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Dialpad: 5:02am On May 19, 2021
Why can't you just say it loud and clear so those that don't know will realize it

bcomputer101:
Buhari, if I say e no go better for you, it will look like I'm causing

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Bossontop(m): 5:03am On May 19, 2021
undecided
Ghen ghen......wahala go soon tie wrapper oo

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by riczy(m): 5:03am On May 19, 2021
Sirjamo:

I AM DONE TALKING
u are a confused person, pls hu gave u data?

5 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by trueking: 5:03am On May 19, 2021
And the next level xontinues
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by iampeterben(m): 5:04am On May 19, 2021
Ok at least some persons will be happy black marketers.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Lanretoye(m): 5:04am On May 19, 2021
Abeg let them go on strike,our economy is already on strike cos its not working,i dont know why thunder self is refusing to strike all our useless leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by dfrost: 5:05am On May 19, 2021
How easy to forget when one sits on the other side. Same El-Rufai that supported strike actions in 2012?

Wow, just wow!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Reex12(m): 5:06am On May 19, 2021
Kolaboluv7:
grin

Hell rufai must go.., buhari must go
you must go grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by 4tomandchi: 5:06am On May 19, 2021
The country also needs a break can we shot down Nigeria for 24hrs ? Allow every region to be, maybe by then our brain go reset.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by eguarojeona: 5:10am On May 19, 2021
I hope no youth joins their protest.Same union called endsars protesters hoodlums.All of us go eat breakfast.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Looms As Oil Workers Threaten Nationwide Strike by Ariba2(m): 5:11am On May 19, 2021
Sirjamo:

I AM DONE TALKING

From your submission, its obvious that u don't understand what organization restructuring is all about. If 2 cars is been driven by 10 drivers, whose fault. Does that nean kaduna govt doesn't have agencies where these drivers will be much needed. And if perhaps they employed too much drivers, restructure them by training them on another profession and deploy them to where they will be needed more.
I work in a media organization, i ve seen a couple of times when drivers, carpenters is been trained and converted to cameramen because they needed more camera handlers than drivers.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governors Back National Assembly On Electoral Amendment Bill / Heavy Bombing In Potiskum Yobe State Capital / One Year Anniversary: Saraki Signs 2 Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.