Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,962 members, 7,952,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:37 AM

Opinion :Reason Why I Prefer Govt To Continue To Pay Fuel Subsidy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion :Reason Why I Prefer Govt To Continue To Pay Fuel Subsidy (584 Views)

Hardship: FG Reserves Right To Pay Fuel Subsidy — Presidential aide, Veŕheijen / 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi / Dino Melaye: Some Spend Money On Cocaine, Homosexuals But I Prefer Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion :Reason Why I Prefer Govt To Continue To Pay Fuel Subsidy by Kebbiprince: 6:46am On May 19, 2021
Fact is that an ordinary Nigerian has nothing to benefit from Nigeria unlike citizens abroad. Nigerians don't benefit from good roads, housing, portable water, social security, mortgages and all manner of things good.
The only thing that comes by is this subsidy which everyone Atleast benefits from.
The argument people make is that the money used in paying subsidy will be used for infrastructure but those proponents are obviously lying to their souls because in their real minds they know is just a gimmick as the funds will be looted to private pockets and the masses won't still have the infrastructure.
Left for me Nigerians are better off with subsidy intact. What the government should do is set up a monitoring team to make sure the subsidised fuel isn't sold in nearby African countries cheaply.

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J front page
Re: Opinion :Reason Why I Prefer Govt To Continue To Pay Fuel Subsidy by Omihanifa: 6:53am On May 19, 2021
There's a lot of sense in what you have said but on the flip slip too this so-called fuel subsidy too is creating briefcase billionaires that are not contributing anything meaningful to the economy.

The best alternative is for government to subsidize healthcare, food, transportation and education so that everyone can benefit

1 Like

Re: Opinion :Reason Why I Prefer Govt To Continue To Pay Fuel Subsidy by chatinent: 6:55am On May 19, 2021
Whether subsidy or not, it doesn't stop the looting.
Re: Opinion :Reason Why I Prefer Govt To Continue To Pay Fuel Subsidy by Kzinne: 6:59am On May 19, 2021
Kebbiprince:
Fact is that an ordinary Nigerian has nothing to benefit from Nigeria unlike citizens abroad. Nigerians don't benefit from good roads, housing, portable water, social security, mortgages and all manner of things good.
The only thing that comes by is this subsidy which everyone Atleast benefits from.
The argument people make is that the money used in paying subsidy will be used for infrastructure but those proponents are obviously lying to their souls because in their real minds they know is just a gimmick as the funds will be looted to private pockets and the masses won't still have the infrastructure.
Left for me Nigerians are better off with subsidy intact. What the government should do is set up a monitoring team to make sure the subsidised fuel isn't sold in nearby African countries cheaply.

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J front page
rubbish. Delete this thrash
Re: Opinion :Reason Why I Prefer Govt To Continue To Pay Fuel Subsidy by yanabasee1(m): 7:22am On May 19, 2021
If they finally remove subsidy...it's to enable Dangote refineries to take full control of the oil production and monopoly....

Dangote is really putting enough money to hold Nigerian government in their balls...
Re: Opinion :Reason Why I Prefer Govt To Continue To Pay Fuel Subsidy by Kebbiprince: 7:55am On May 19, 2021
Kzinne:
rubbish. Delete this thrash
Are you brain dead to bring forth a rebuttal?
Re: Opinion :Reason Why I Prefer Govt To Continue To Pay Fuel Subsidy by Kebbiprince: 7:57am On May 19, 2021
Omihanifa:
There's a lot of sense in what you have said but on the flip slip too this so-called fuel subsidy too is creating briefcase billionaires that are not contributing anything meaningful to the economy.

The best alternative is for government to subsidize healthcare, food, transportation and education so that everyone can benefit
Atleast the so called billionaires and ordinary Nigerians are benefiting. But if removed only the billionaires will benefit albeit a new set of billionaires

1 Like

Re: Opinion :Reason Why I Prefer Govt To Continue To Pay Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 7:59am On May 19, 2021
yanabasee1:
If they finally remove subsidy...it's to enable Dangote refineries to take full control of the oil production and monopoly....

Dangote is really putting enough money to hold Nigerian government in their balls...
Make I hear ..just dey laugh dangote...most marketers would just assembly module rifinary to produce their quota ...

He lost that one

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

‘Uzodimma’s Emergence In Imo, IPOB Agitation Responsible For Attacks On INEC’ / The NBA Reacts To Twitter's Suspension In Nigeria, Demands Reversal / APC Warns Nigerians Against Resort To VPN, Says Private Investments At Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.