Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi (25238 Views)

I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi / I Prefer Younger Running Mate, Not Old Politicians – Peter Obi / Chaotic Ports Require Fresh Ideas - Punch Editorial (2) (3) (4)

2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Deltawarri(m): 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2022
The Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, on Wednesday, opened up on his choice of running mate, saying he preferred a younger person as vice-presidential candidate.

The former Anambra State governor stated this while featuring on Arise TV Morning Show.

He added that he prefers a younger person who has something to offer to complement his ticket rather than recycling old hands who had been in the government before now.

When asked to clarify social media rumours that he had picked a businessman and politician, Senator Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, as his vice-presidential candidate, Obi noted that though consultations are ongoing, he was yet to pick a running mate.

He said, “We’re talking to a quite number of people and Baba-Ahmed is a capable hand and I wish he is the one. But I wish I can work with somebody who is more younger.

“I prefer younger people with fresh ideas who have a lot to offer rather than recycling old hands. I want a competent person and I am building a formidable team.

“I want people who can look me in the eye and disagree with me during cabinet meetings. People who have their own minds and ideas. If you agree with me in three meetings then you are gone because that means you don’t have your own ideas. I want people and cabinet members who can say ‘Mr. President, you are wrong’.”

On when he will release his manifesto, he said rather than a manifesto, he had practiced all that he is preaching and the records are there for Nigerians to verify.

“I have replicated all that I am promising Nigerians before. It would be the same thing. What I did in Anambra and what I achieved is what we will replicate on a larger scale. We want Nigeria to become the engine of production,” the presidential candidate said.

The former Peoples Democratic Party chieftain noted that despite the campaigns of calumny online and rumours that northerners won’t vote for him during the 2023 election, he believed that Nigerians and people from the north will vote for him based on competence.

“I am contesting to be Nigeria’s president to solve the country’s problem and not because I am from a part or region of the country.

“We need to do things that will bring people hope. Nigerians must be proud of this country and that is what I planned to do,” he added.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-i-prefer-younger-running-mate-peter-obi/%3famp

192 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Viscuz: 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2022
Nice one sir you are a Gem .

Everyone is following you only selfish people won’t �

394 Likes 31 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Karlovych: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
embarassed I see some urchins having convulsions over this news, I see a drug baron defecating on his clothes, I see them calming down after eating amala/ewedu, I see them coming to the realization that Obi is the best and most qualified candidate..

This I have seen!

319 Likes 29 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by NobleSeed(m): 10:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
nice submission.
Not old cargos and agbado eaters grin grin

249 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Feggie3: 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
I have countless reasons for supporting Obi.
I loved the man when I first heard him speaking on life debate against my distinguished Professor Osibanjo. He looked calm and quite confident.

I loved him more when I saw his CV ... That was mad bomb for me and I asked myself when will I achieve such in my life.

I loved him even more when I found out he was impeached because he refused budget padding and he never lobbied any cartel in the State house of assembly. You won't believe Mr. Obi never met the judge for once who finally granted him victory in the court.

I love the fact that Mr. Obi doesn't sponsor any political group or sponsored any particular candidate. He does his things to favour the masses equally and he leaves the masses to choose their candidates uninfluenced.

I was mad when I learnt that doing the last global recessions different country leaders consulted Obi internationally to help formulate economic policies for their country.

I was impressed when I learnt Obi did different ground breaking ceremonies for launching numerous manufacturing companies during his tenure including the popular Inoson Motors.

To my greatest surprise I never believed any Eastern State would be tide down to the timid rural villages. Where I grew up, if you see any tide road in a village know that it belongs to a Royalty. When I first got to Anambra back then, I thought maybe those areas are special hometown of kings or ex governors but my dad told me it was widespread in Anambra that Obi did it.

Obi was the only Governor who cleared ASUU subventures upfront which made up till today Anambra State University is the only Public University in Nigeria that is not on strike! They are about to release their newest set of graduates very soon.

Obi is the first Governor I heard that gave one million naira to every 1st class graduate of Anambra State throughout his tenure and he always passionately sponsored the excellently brilliant ones abroad for u to know he is passionate about knowledge and world class education.

Obi cleared all back logs of gratuities and pensions which his predecessors owed. Not only that, he paid monthly stipends to all elderly persons who are not even entitled to receiving pensions throughout his tenure.

Obi partnered with various foreign companies as well in Anambra, I learnt this when I was watching a clip where some foreigners called him upon a stage to present him an award.

Obi made Anambra become recognised as an oil producing State.

State owned Teaching hospitals in the State were moribund till Obi came and revived them.
He opened and properly equipped countless number of schools.

Obi is an economist but he is a convener of STEM. Science, technology and computer programming and when you hear him speaking about science you will think he is an engineer.

To cap it all he rejected all allowances allocated to him and left 75 billion naira behind for the next administration.

There was a programme I watched when Obi was asked how he will cut insecurity he said the ratio of police to Nigerian population is too wide that he will employ thousands of more police officers for proper intelligence gathering. A Yoruba boy called Tunde called in on the radio station and told him he should make each ward in the country to have two policemen each that it will go a long way and Obi was madly impressed. I loved his humility and how he eulogized and appreciated the caller for coming up with such wonderful idea.

Just like a medical professional who hates seeing unkept wounds.
Obi an inherent technocrat is indeed a true economist who hates seeing unnecessary waste!!!

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Adonis86(m): 10:13pm On Jul 06, 2022
Okwa ifugo

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by ZUKKYY(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2022

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Obidient4life3: 10:40pm On Jul 06, 2022
Obi dede

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by superlanny(m): 5:10am On Jul 07, 2022
In a sane country and where dreams actually come true I wouldn't hesitate to consider a Peter Obi choice for president, but I am not ignorant to realize the monsters we have fed and pampered for a long while will not let go of the sweet succulent breast it has enjoyed for a long time.

PO is a product of the corrupt and incompetent system we have come to hate so much and even though I have completely lost faith in the country and it's leaders, I can spare some consideration for what PO can offer, regardless of how his supporters try to paint him as the messiah, trust me he is far from it, but better than the crooks and clueless imbeciles we currently have in power.

241 Likes 24 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by jimetagambo: 5:11am On Jul 07, 2022
They should give him one of the hush puppies disciples in Nigeria grin

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by ShenTeh(m): 5:11am On Jul 07, 2022
Great.

While I know that Peter Obi is not the messiah, he holds a lot hope for Nigerians. I think anyone who means well for Nigeria should queue behind him.

I laugh at people who try to frame him as an Igbo candidate. Are you kidding! Who in his right mind bothers about the race of his helper when you are in a drowning sea.

I know, like all human expectations, we would still complain about PO when he becomes Mr president but I'll rather risk that than waste my vote on BAThiku. Those ones don't need my vote, they have so much structures already that my vote would be inconsequential for them.

228 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by utenwuson: 5:11am On Jul 07, 2022
Pitobi... The motivational speaker, the way people think this man will change their livelihood eh

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by watersideboys: 5:12am On Jul 07, 2022
Obi has finished ancient kwankwaso grin grin grin

OBIDIENT!!

198 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Judolisco(m): 5:12am On Jul 07, 2022
Make we define young minds oh... Because we have young minds like yahaya bello... Lot of young scammers who see's Scamming as normal and hustling.... So abeg even if na 80 yrs old man wey smart put am

17 Likes

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by ebukajay184: 5:12am On Jul 07, 2022
Yes

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by FalseProphet1(m): 5:12am On Jul 07, 2022
Whoever he picks, Nigerians will vote for him.

This I have seen

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by DukeofUmueri247: 5:12am On Jul 07, 2022
The best candidate.....More than 24 hrs after the attack on Kuje prison in the nations seat of power,our president is yet to sack anybody..We gathered that those terrorists even had sermons at the prison for some minutes before leaving and nobody challenged them....For them to attack Abuja and escape shows that nobody is safe not even those in Aso Rock....Under PDP we didn't witness half of what is happening now still pple voted PDP out..APC days are numbered...
Voting APC in 2015 is as a result of ignorance..
Voting APC in 2019 is foolishness..
To vote for APC again in 2023 is witchcraft and even APC will be surprised if they eventually wins.

155 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 5:13am On Jul 07, 2022
hmmm...

God help us.

I still value separation

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by peacettw: 5:14am On Jul 07, 2022
Good. Tired of the low key insults emanating from Kwankwaso's camp as if he is God's best gift to mankind.

Please find someone else even if he is an unknown so that we can build this country from the ground up

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by mildteddy(m): 5:14am On Jul 07, 2022
Peter Obi is a gem!

As a governor, he:
- constructed over 900km of roads and 28 bridges, giving Anambra the best road network in Nigeria connecting hundreds of communities that previously have no direct connections.

- equipped the police, military and vigilante groups with over 1,000 vehicles

- implemented policies that moved Anambra from 28 to number 1 in education in Nigeria

- Re-equipped science labs in all Anambra public schools. Built and equipped all public schools with 30,000 laptops and desktop computers (the largest of such deployment in Africa)

- equipped all schools with Mikano stand-by generator to enable them operate their computers

- built new classroom blocks for all primary schools in Anambra State.

- built the Anambra state university teaching hospital, and got the hospital accredited.

- brought back investments and industries to Harbour industrial layout, Onitsha and industrial layout, Awka

- ADD THE ONE YOU REMEMBER

He did all these without borrowing shishi, while saving 75 Billion naira for Anambra state.

This is the leadership Nigeria needs.

126 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Rekhina(f): 5:14am On Jul 07, 2022
Wasnt it not what tinubu supposed to was has done by picking who was to be a VP a youthful dingidi but maisari Muhammadu. It supposed to have picked was to be VP in youth not grandpa

34 Likes

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by donbrowser(m): 5:14am On Jul 07, 2022

Little throwback gift for Obi's supporters
https://www.nairaland.com/863236/peter-obi-vs-theodore-orji

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by BenzEne1(m): 5:14am On Jul 07, 2022
Is it the youths that aren't corrupt??
Let's watch and see.

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by TinubuAdvocate1: 5:15am On Jul 07, 2022
God bless the incoming president of Nigeria HE PETER GREGORY OBI, no man can stop God’s mandate, you’re the president come 2023 and anyone that’s not okay with it can jump into the lagoon or follow their pay master to France to continue their drug trafficking deals.
I come in peace!

PO23

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by Millz404(m): 5:15am On Jul 07, 2022
utenwuson:
Pitobi... The motivational speaker, the way people think this man will change their livelihood eh

Do you have a better option?

20 Likes

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by lytech1(m): 5:17am On Jul 07, 2022
Obi is a risk that worth taken....

As for me and my household,we are proudly OBIdient

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by TinubuAdvocate1: 5:17am On Jul 07, 2022
BenzEne1:
Is it the youths that aren't corrupt??
Let's watch and see.
when will you become sensible? Has the old people not failed us, just imagine what happened yesterday. Everyday one stupid news or the other. If you fail to elect a vibrant leader come next year, that money you collected to support old dunce will choke you up.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by OPICANTO2223: 5:17am On Jul 07, 2022
Obi hmmmmm. That man too much

24 Likes

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by ezegold4we: 5:17am On Jul 07, 2022
The Best presidential candidate since 1999

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Prefer Younger Running Mate With Fresh Ideas - Peter Obi by ihedioramma: 5:18am On Jul 07, 2022
Yes o, vote for him come 2023 .

38 Likes 1 Share

INEC Suspends Senatorial Election In Enugu East / Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP / Tension In PDP Over Akpabio's Romance With APC

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56