Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:35 PM

African Summit: No Country Suitable In Africa To Host? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / African Summit: No Country Suitable In Africa To Host? (556 Views)

DHL Africa To Close Down Its Online Retail Service, Eshop, On Oct 30 / President Trump – A Real Peoples’ President. Says “no Borders No Country”. / Cape Town, South Africa To Run Out Of Water In 100 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Summit: No Country Suitable In Africa To Host? by OdogwuEkeke(m): 1:54pm On May 19, 2021
African Summit 2019: Russia
African Summit 2020: London intended but ended up virtual
African summit 2021: France

Being that as it may, I totally do not understand why a summit for Africa would be done in another continent.
Are we saying there is no African country on the continent suitable enough to host this event?
The exploitation in Africa is far from its end, it is still happening whether we like it or not.
Africa is the resource capital of the whole world, raw materials that cannot be found anywhere in the world are found here.
It baffles me how we stoop so low, it is almost like slavery- Give me some $$$ and I would give you my resources. Now, I am not saying this should not happen, but not to the detriment of its citizens!

Let's even talk about the revenue generated for this summit. The whole of Africa is in a way contributing to the economy of the host country.
To be very honest, in the last 10years I have not seen the role of both ECOWAS and the AU.

There was an attack on other Africans in SA and no serious deliberation was made, Ebola broke out in Liberia, nothing dey happen, Terrorism in East Africa, odeshi, Nigeria in shambles, and then we gather ourselves together for a summit in another continent? Common!!!

See, if you don't bring value nobody would value or regard you. There are so many potentials, just so much. The world does not want Africa to unite, that was why Gadaffi was killed, other leaders that tried to are also dead. We currently don't have a giant of Africa. Na to dey export the people remain- subtle slavery

1 Like

Re: African Summit: No Country Suitable In Africa To Host? by Wandeayo(m): 10:10am On Nov 16, 2021
Boss, pls check Your PM.
OdogwuEkeke:
African Summit 2019: Russia
African Summit 2020: London intended but ended up virtual
African summit 2021: France

Being that as it may, I totally do not understand why a summit for Africa would be done in another continent.
Are we saying there is no African country on the continent suitable enough to host this event?
The exploitation in Africa is far from its end, it is still happening whether we like it or not.
Africa is the resource capital of the whole world, raw materials that cannot be found anywhere in the world are found here.
It baffles me how we stoop so low, it is almost like slavery- Give me some $$$ and I would give you my resources. Now, I am not saying this should not happen, but not to the detriment of its citizens!

Let's even talk about the revenue generated for this summit. The whole of Africa is in a way contributing to the economy of the host country.
To be very honest, in the last 10years I have not seen the role of both ECOWAS and the AU.

There was an attack on other Africans in SA and no serious deliberation was made, Ebola broke out in Liberia, nothing dey happen, Terrorism in East Africa, odeshi, Nigeria in shambles, and then we gather ourselves together for a summit in another continent? Common!!!

See, if you don't bring value nobody would value or regard you. There are so many potentials, just so much. The world does not want Africa to unite, that was why Gadaffi was killed, other leaders that tried to are also dead. We currently don't have a giant of Africa. Na to dey export the people remain- subtle slavery
Re: African Summit: No Country Suitable In Africa To Host? by OdogwuEkeke(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
Seen.

Wandeayo:

Boss, pls check Your PM.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Need To Check MVR Report? / New Pono Movie That Is Trending Now / Nigeria Customs Supplementary Recruitment Exercise 2021 commencement date announ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.