Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,452 members, 7,812,378 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Trying To Stay Strong And Keep Pushing But Depression Is Getting Messy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Trying To Stay Strong And Keep Pushing But Depression Is Getting Messy (206 Views)

Keep Pushing, It'll Make Sense | My Own Story / How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? / Gateman Crashes His Boss' New Car While Trying To Drive - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Stay Strong And Keep Pushing But Depression Is Getting Messy by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 19, 2021
Good day Nairalanders, i just want to pour out my heavy heart. Pardon any grammatical error as am not in the right frame of mind right now.

Am the first son of my parents and has younger siblings, i graduated from the university in 2017 and proceeded to serve the nation. Even before graduation i prayed and hoped to be employed after school cos my dad retired from Civil service that same year i graduated, I've lost count of the number of applications submitted.

I had to opt for a teaching job in a private school immediately after service hoping that a better job will come, as teachers we weren't paid during the lock down and some of us were laid off. With my teaching salary i could barely live well and send something to my family..then imagine being completely unemployed. I was so depressed and had so many thoughts running through my head.

Fast forward to present, am currently teaching in another private school with so much stress and little pay. Am so fed up with teaching job, I'm 30 years old, the first child, younger siblings under me and my parents that now farm to survive. At my age i don't have an apartment of my own (been squatting with someone after service), no good job. In 2019 i missed my convocation because i couldn't pay the 30k convocation fee plus am a complete shadow of myself, looking so thin.
All i ever wanted was to get a good job and be able to take care of my family. I can't take care of myself not to talk of planning to build my own family later on.
Life is so unfair
Mod please help move to FP.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Stay Strong And Keep Pushing But Depression Is Getting Messy by Mooh247: 2:35pm On May 19, 2021
grin grin

My brother you are a Computer science graduate you have no reason to be broke

Money would only come your way when you offer meaningful service and vigorously market it

Oya what services can you offer?!

Graphics design?!

Website designing?!

Picture to Cartoon?!

Yahoo Yahoo ( talking to bored white mi

Rich men)?!

Helping people get things done online. E.g Visa processing, Google voice and US Number for business, teaching what you know through Ebook

Go on freelance site as a computer scientist, you should be able to see a gig on fever or upwork

Go on Jiji and other classified apps, and see any service you can offer

Join WhatsApp group of real estate agent, and help them post rent and property for sale using your social media, if you get a customer as an agent it's instant commission

Major thing is market yourself desperately

Re: Trying To Stay Strong And Keep Pushing But Depression Is Getting Messy by 3pleDAssistant: 2:47pm On May 19, 2021
Use your skills and choose a side hustle bro. if you don't have a skill, learn one. You suppose don wise up reason say na so this life be now especially for teachers like you; you can't depend on just your paid job unless it's paying so well.
Re: Trying To Stay Strong And Keep Pushing But Depression Is Getting Messy by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 19, 2021
3pleDAssistant:
Use your skills and choose a side hustle bro. if you don't have a skill, learn one. You suppose don wise up reason say na so this life be now especially for teachers like you; you can't depend on just your paid job unless it's paying so well.
No be money him go take learn skill?How him go take dey feed while the skill acquisition progresses?
Re: Trying To Stay Strong And Keep Pushing But Depression Is Getting Messy by 3pleDAssistant: 3:20pm On May 19, 2021
Joysticks:
No be money him go take learn skill?How him go take dey feed while the skill acquisition progresses?

he can solicit the help of friends, family or people that may be able to help and they'll fund him.

You think it is everyone that started a business or enterprise in life that did it with their own money?

Even the dangote of today borrowed money to start.
Re: Trying To Stay Strong And Keep Pushing But Depression Is Getting Messy by Mooh247: 3:27pm On May 19, 2021
Joysticks:

Solo learn app would teach you skills for free stop making excuses
Re: Trying To Stay Strong And Keep Pushing But Depression Is Getting Messy by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 19, 2021
Mooh247:

Solo learn app would teach you skills for free stop making excuses
Online skill is different from real life skills
Re: Trying To Stay Strong And Keep Pushing But Depression Is Getting Messy by Mooh247: 4:27pm On May 19, 2021
Joysticks:
Online skill is different from real life skills

Depending on how you market yourself

Ordinary Nairaland without paid adverts online skills are needed

(1) (Reply)

NPOWER Sent Biometric Notice In My Email / Have You Lost Your Car Keys? Or Accidentally Forgot Your Keys Inside The Car? / Kogbagidi Laments As His Travelling Luggage Is Emptied As He Reaches Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.