Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? (16769 Views)

My Female Colleague Stopped Talking To Me Because Of This / I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) / How Do I Handle My Female Colleague? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Troubledmind: 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
This colleague of mine is not my boss, we're on same level, but since she reports directly to my boss? She's always concocting stories in her favor which is putting me in the line of fire, she has gradually given herself the title mouthpiece of the boss, I'm enjoying the job but she makes sure I'm always frustrated and thinking of quitting because of her, i don't want to report her, who knows, my boss might take her side and I'd be doomed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Portgas(m): 5:27pm On Apr 27, 2018
Stop listening to her bro... whenever she comes in just mind your business ... never get into her affairs ... just keep your cool and as you said , the boss might take her side so stop doing anything with her....
confirm from your boss whenever she tells you something ...

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by 2buffagain(m): 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
They're probably fucking too...

Your boss would rather get rid of you than his current lunchtime special.

35 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Troubledmind: 5:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
Portgas:
Stop listening to her bro... whenever she comes in just mind your business ... never get into her affairs ... just keep your cool and as you said , the boss might take her side so stop doing anything with her....
confirm from your boss whenever she tells you something ...
it's just that there's no avoiding her, she makes sure my life is a living hell on as daily basis, as if I'm a threat to her, and it intensified when i started getting accolades due to my dedication

11 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by CDCEO001: 6:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
Just don't mind her and do your job if you can.
Some female behave if you ignore them when they want attention from you or want to get in intimate relationship with you or something like that.
Maybe she is just like that, some people body dey too hot them.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by mhisbliss(f): 6:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
CDCEO001:
Just don't mind her and do your job if you can.
Some female behave if you ignore them when they want attention from you or want to get in intimate relationship with you or something like that.
Maybe she is just like that, some people body dey too hot them.
grinAin't you a piece of work? So when you get attitude from a girl it means she wants to get intimate, how shallow your thoughts are?

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2018
Stop fighting her perceived superiority over you, it's pointless and you would loose. You need people like her on your side as an ally (like you rightly said she's your Boss's eyes and ears) so get her close, once in a while engage her in small talk, hangout for drinks on off days and stuffs like that - just play it cool and act like you "get". This way you're giving up control but you dictate the relationship dynamics and hey you get to rid yourself of all that bad energy.

It's all just petty office politics - let go of that ego.

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by HARDLABOR: 8:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
@OP if your boss is a male you need to be careful with the biitch if you love your job

In my work place our secretary is like that, she has a negative attitude towards everybody, always doing like a supervisor and manager

I don't even know the problem with all this ladies, if the Oga don dey fvck dem like dis ehn e don finish b dat

12 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by HARDLABOR: 8:24pm On Apr 27, 2018
mhisbliss:
grinAin't you a piece of work? So when you get attitude from a girl it means she wants to get intimate, how shallow your thoughts are?

But why the thing kon pain you like this na?

18 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by lilmax(m): 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
mhisbliss:
the question is when you give unnecessary attitude like the woman in the op post what is the reason?

let me see how brilliant you are grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by mhisbliss(f): 8:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
lilmax:
the question is when you give unnecessary attitude like the woman in the op post what is the reason?

let me see how brilliant you are grin
How do you know it's unnecessary when you haven't walked in the lady's shoes? And just jump to a Cockeyed conclusion? Lets see how intelligent you're

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by mhisbliss(f): 8:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
HARDLABOR:

But why the thing kon pain you like this na?
undecided
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by lilmax(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
mhisbliss:
How do you know it's unnecessary when you haven't walked in the lady's shoes? And just jump to a Cockeyed conclusion? Lets see how intelligent you're
okay sweetness

what makes a lady give "necessary" attitude to a guy? grin.....oh my days cheesy

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by flokii: 8:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
It's everywhere..

Reduce your familiarity with her and if possible snub her.
Don't give her face atal and also try to approach your boss from time to time for instructions.

Don't run cos of someone and end up jobless. It's time to stop being nice and timid.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by CDCEO001: 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
mhisbliss:

Wow!
Please calm down, I didn't know you were the girl in question... Please forgive and forget.

Seriously, why are you so upset?
I never said all girls, i said "some" and i never put a stamp on it. and some men are like that too.
Did you also read the part where i said "maybe she is just like that"? as in is just her character.

A piece of work and Shallow thought all for me.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by CDCEO001: 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
mhisbliss:

Wow!
Please calm down, I didn't know you were the girl in question... Please forgive and forget.

Seriously, why are you so upset?
I never said all girls, i said "some" and i never put a stamp on it. and some men are like that too.
Did you also read the part where i said "maybe she is just like that"? as in is just her character.

A piece of work and Shallow thought all for me.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by CandidNotes: 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
Troubledmind:
This colleague of mine is not my boss, we're on same level, but since she reports directly to my boss? She's always concocting stories in her favor which is putting me in the line of fire, she has gradually given herself the title mouthpiece of the boss, I'm enjoying the job but she makes sure I'm always frustrated and thinking of quitting because of her, i don't want to report her, who knows, my boss might take her side and I'd be doomed

Why does the gender of this colleague matter? Is that the reason for your discomfort? If it was a male colleague would you feel differently?

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
I would have said my thought but found out these: a) ur moniker is something else. b) u are likely a mod on nairaland or related to any of those mods. c) u complain a lot. Sorry to say that you've a problem within you, but first learn how to get rid of them. You feel inferior alot, stand up & be a man. I will stop here for now.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by soberdrunk(m): 9:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
Introduce her to any "bad guy" friend you have let him 'humble her" with 'crouching tiger holding cabinet' and watch the magic happen, any lady that is intimate with your guy and he satisfies her well will be very humble and loyal to you, he get one of my guy babe, the only chore way remain make she do nah to dey carry us enter shower baff us, we dey always wonder why the babe humble until the day we all slept n the same house.......... angry

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by SoapQueen(f): 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Your boss might be involved with her.

In my Opinion, I think you should play the 'mugu' and let her feel comfortable with you( to throw scent of you at least). Look for a way to alert your boss' wife anonymously. That a girl is prolly servicing her husband at the office.

Housewives no dey take ear hear that kind thing. The wife will do the remaining job and everybody go dey alright!

14 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by projectorz: 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Calm down, try and be friendly with her. Then gradually get her to fall in love, BOOM! You are in control .

Thank me later.

N. B. I'm guessing you are a male...

If You are a female, look for an elderly person or a boss. If possible the same boss he's doing eye service for, call her right in front of the boss and subtly ask that she tells you anything you do that's making her behave that way. Then ask that boss to mediate. With that you'll deflate her ego.

My opinion.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Gangster1ms: 9:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Kai! This is the one of the reasons why women shouldn't be be given power angry

Maybe the boss dey fvck am.. cos i see no reason why you allow a woman to report directly to you while there is a man around. All these nonsense bosses wey carry woman for head angry

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by iluvpomo(m): 9:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
Do not quit because of a colleague ... part of the challenges of life is learning to deal/manage with different personalities. Embrace this challenge and you shall overcome ...

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by DozieInc(m): 9:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ignore her and focus on your job, Boss will certainly get tired of her someday, then you might out-live her or move on to better things.
Talking from experience.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by CandidNotes: 9:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
Gangster1ms:

Maybe the boss dey fvck am.. cos i see no reason why you allow a woman to report directly to you while there is a man around. All these nonsense bosses wey carry woman for head angry

Is like your brain is paining you undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Boyooosa(m): 9:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
I don't think u need to tackle a colleague, just do ur job n manage any obstacle, you will be good doing so.
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by uuzba(m): 9:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
Gangster1ms:

It's too late. Women have been given power because men misused their power. In the old days women used to be paid ½ of men's salary. Because men were expected to take care of the family and women stay at home.
But it is men who have messed up the economy, and devalued money. Women now had the mouth to ask for equal pay. Now women are even bosses over men.
Men misused the natural power and authority given to them by God.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Gangster1ms: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
Troubledmind:
it's just that there's no avoiding her, she makes sure my life is a living hell on as daily basis, as if I'm a threat to her, and it intensified when i started getting accolades due to my dedication
Lol grin she wants some accolades too.. give her some accolades grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by MrMoney007: 9:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
invite her over, lace her drink with strong sleeping pills, give her the fvck of her life.

if you have tiny joystick, use a pestle, but either ways, make sure her nunu gets very wide that no man can ever enjoy it in future.

with that, she will have nothing to offer.
Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by jauntty: 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
Bros snub her and concentrate on making your money

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tackle A Female Colleague At Work Who's Trying To Control You? by Gangster1ms: 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
CandidNotes:

Is like your brain is paining you undecided undecided undecided
Who be this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mathematicians' & Statisticians' Colloquium / Top 8 accounting software/package / Horrible Bosses: What Is Your Story?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.