Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. (2013 Views)

South West Is Averagely 65% Muslim: Tinubu Campaign Organisation DG, Shittu / Jibrin: NNPP/LP Alliance Is South-East's Best Chance Of Producing President / Emeka Emekesiri: Biafra Should Be A Region In Nigeria — Founder Of Original IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Cashsteady(m): 7:23pm On May 19, 2021
Anyone who has been to the 6geo political zones will understand what I'm saying... The rate at which people' from other region are flocking into south west is too high.. Not only lagos literally all south Western States are populated..

It's only in South West where you find other tribes in their millions.. igbos hausas the middle belt and the south South people' are everywhere in South West not only Lagos in their large populated you will find huge population of other tribes in towns like ijebu ode,sagamu,Ife and the rest.

We have few Yorubas in other region compared to the people from other region in South west.

Seriously Nigeria need to divide cuz people' from other region are putting pressure on our resources . Anyone who has been to the east and north can tell how deserted those places are just few states like Kano, anambra are somewhat populated..the south south is a bit populated tho just like the South West.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Morenikeji070: 7:26pm On May 19, 2021
Of course our region is the most populated region In nigeria you gonna see all tribes coming into our region .

2 Likes

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by helinues: 7:29pm On May 19, 2021
May be grin
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by ThatFairGuy: 7:30pm On May 19, 2021
Everyone loves to stay in peaceful and accommodating environment.

Who can stand UNMEN KNOWN GUN States lipsrsealed

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:30pm On May 19, 2021
Simple! because they are coastal areas, close to sea/ocean, rain-forest region.
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Cashsteady(m): 7:32pm On May 19, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
Simple! because they are coastal areas, close to sea/ocean, rain-forest region.

So ijebu ode, osogbo, sagamu and ibadan are coastal areas ABI? Even rivers well they claim say na 3 most populated state for naija no get population pass ogun state not to talk of oyo
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Cashsteady(m): 7:33pm On May 19, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
Everyone loves to stay in peaceful and accommodating environment.

Who can stand UNMEN KNOWN GUN States lipsrsealed

Lol ungun known men
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by temitope27(m): 7:36pm On May 19, 2021
Even for akure you see all this venue guys every where and even some from plateau,kogi, hausas and the likes. There matter don tire me
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:38pm On May 19, 2021
Cashsteady:

So ijebu ode, osogbo, sagamu and ibadan are coastal areas ABI? Even rivers well they claim say na 3 most populated state for naija no get population pass ogun state not to talk of oyo
plus another major reason is that the zone is the most accommodating and tolerant. There is also hardly clashes that spiral out of control. Unlike in North that usually snowball into beserk violent confrontations until recently.

1 Like

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Kandeed: 7:39pm On May 19, 2021
Shock me to know even folks from Ekiti and osun are now flocking southwest in their millions and it's getting alarming
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by ThatFairGuy: 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
cheesy cheesy
Cashsteady:

Lol ungun known men
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Yoruba1stson: 8:00pm On May 19, 2021
Yorubaland is blessed that is the reason why descendants of ape and almajiris are flocking to our land
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by OduduwaR: 8:14pm On May 19, 2021
This is what I was talking about on another thread last week. There are too many refugees from other parts of Nigeria in the Southwest. And these people are fighting poor Yorubas for the scarce resources available.

There’s a limit to how accommodating one can be especially when resources are scarce. To educated illiterates that govern Yorubaland, they believe bigger population drives commerce. But in reality, it doesn’t. The only thing it does is stifle development/growth and put unnecessary pressure on the already inadequate infrastructures. And it also drives the prices of things up unnecessarily.

It’s not like these people are coming with money to invest, most are moving to the Southwest for survival. Something has to be done about this. And the easiest way to fix this is for us to control our borders and laws.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Asgard73: 8:29pm On May 19, 2021
grin

This Yoruba people eh...the love to the whine themselves

How can southwest be the most populous region whereby from Ogun State to osun state Ekiti.. oyo .. Ondo states are all ghost cities?

Where in southwest is populated grin

Population of Eti osa local government Lagos state alone ......... .. is equal to the population in The whole of EKITI minus ado ekiti, OSUN.. minus oshogbo OGUNminus ota and Abeokuta OYO..minus Ibadan ogbomosho.. Ondo minus Akure..

This Yoruba humans sef

Southwest most populated.. grin. Only Yoruba Dey believe their propaganda.. next Na NBA statistics

Yoruba travel una no go gree... Na to stay ikire or owo dey reason foreign

Anyone been to Ekiti of recent grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by ivolt: 8:33pm On May 19, 2021
Maybe.
As many regions and states become more unstable due to activities of terrorists and
anti-peace fighters, more will move in.
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:33pm On May 19, 2021
OduduwaR:
This is what I was talking about on another thread last week. There are too many refugees from other parts of Nigeria in the Southwest. And these people are fighting poor Yorubas for the scarce resources available.

There’s a limit to how accommodating one can be especially when resources are scarce. To educated illiterates that govern Yorubaland, they believe bigger population drives commerce. But in reality, it doesn’t. The only thing it does is stifle development/growth and put unnecessary pressure on the already inadequate infrastructures. And it also drives the prices of things up unnecessarily.

It’s not like these people are coming with money to invest, most are moving to the Southwest for survival. Something has to be done about this. And the easiest way to fix this is for us to control our borders and laws.

the solution to the challenges you highlighted is to significantly increase the budgetary allocation for Southwest from the national purse going forward as compensation and reward for their effort in reining in the demon called insecurity

On the Otherhand, significantly subtract from the budgetary allocation of regions (where insecurity reigns supreme) where these multitude of refuges are emanating from as punishment.
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by OduduwaR: 8:45pm On May 19, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
the solution to the challenges you highlighted is to significantly increase the budgetary allocation for Southwest from the national purse going forward as compensation and reward for their effort in reining in the demon called insecurity

On the Otherhand, significantly subtract from the budgetary allocation of regions (where insecurity reigns supreme) where these multitude of refuges are emanating from as punishment.

This is wishful thinking with the type of ethnocentric politics, jingoism and regional struggle in Nigeria. A country that can’t even do a proper population census. Kano has been divided 2/3 times now but somehow it’s allegedly still more populated than Lagos and the states that came out of it have big population.

As the population continues to grow exponentially unabated, with the limited resources, it’s only a matter of time before all hell break loose in the Southwest. Yoruba leaders are just too stupid to see beyond their noses and all they care about is the useless “accommodating” label. Leaders need to have foresight and analytical skills.

But we’re going to put an end to this rubbish soon. If you’re Yoruba and you live outside Yorubaland, start thinking home. If you don’t like the crowded Yoruba states, look towards Osun and Ondo.

1 Like

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by ImmaculateJOE(m): 10:01pm On May 19, 2021
Yes na.. There are up to 110 million inhabitants in Yoloba land.
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Heavensent01(m): 10:18pm On May 19, 2021
Kandeed:
Shock me to know even folks from Ekiti and osun are now flocking southwest in their millions and it's getting alarming

what's southwest, what's Ekiti and osun

NEPA obviously took light when they're working on your brain

3 Likes

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by goatgoat093: 10:47pm On May 19, 2021
Be grateful, at least some of these people are not refugees in Benin Republic!
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by LegendHero(m): 10:54pm On May 19, 2021
Asgard73:
grin

This Yoruba people eh...the love to the whine themselves

How can southwest be the most populous region whereby from Ogun State to osun state Ekiti.. oyo .. Ondo states are all ghost cities?

Below is the internet and voice subscribers in Nigeria. This data is sourced from the data network (MTN, Glo, etc.) themselves and published by NBS.

Below is the top 10 states with the highest voice subscribers.

You can clearly see 3 SW states at the very top 4.

—Lagos 25m
—Kano 14m
—Ogun 11m
—Oyo 10m
— FCT 9m
—Kaduna 8m
—Rivers 7m
—Edo
—Delta 6m
—Niger 6m

Although we might argue that voice subscribers is not a true measure of population figures, but it is part of the metrics that can actually be used to defend certain population figure especially among states with fair number of literates and phone penetration.

SW holds the highest number of economic refugees in Nigeria from other tribes. You will find them in Ogun, Oyo, and Lagos in their numbers.

This is a fact! Anyone trying to deny this self evident truth is just wasting his time.

3 Likes

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Asgard73: 11:13pm On May 19, 2021
Legendhero
I don’t do fake Nigeria statistics... used by Yoruba to massage ego ..

Me and you like this know say Ekiti Na civilized village.. from oye to ifaki down to idu ikole even ado .. Na ghost town and cities

Osun state.. ijesha Ilesha ife modake ifwara ikiri Osogbo Na ghost villages

Oyo.. remove Ibadan and ogbomosho all Na ghost and ancient city

Ogun ..

Ondo..

Face reality and leave all this government statistics for strangers and foreigners ..

Which state are you from.. legend hero?

1 Like

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by edoairways: 11:19pm On May 19, 2021
Yoruba1stson:
Yorubaland is blessed that is the reason why descendants of ape and almajiris are flocking to our land
Blessed indeed! Why is Ado Ekiti dry?
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by theTranslator: 11:26pm On May 19, 2021
edoairways:

Blessed indeed! Why is Ado Ekiti dry?
why is Edo wet?? grin

1 Like

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by LegendHero(m): 11:27pm On May 19, 2021
Asgard73:
Legendhero
I don’t do fake Nigeria statistics... used by Yoruba to massage ego ..

Me and you like this know say Ekiti Na civilized village.. from oye to ifaki down to idu ikole even ado .. Na ghost town and cities

Osun state.. ijesha Ilesha ife modake ifwara ikiri Osogbo Na ghost villages

Oyo.. remove Ibadan and ogbomosho all Na ghost and ancient city

Ogun ..

Ondo..

Face reality and leave all this government statistics for strangers and foreigners ..

Which state are you from.. legend hero?

Lol, fake Nigerian statistics when I clearly told you the data are sourced from private players like MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, and etc. Notable mention is also NCC.

I am not arguing with you tho so don’t think I’ll be replying you using an argument context. You don’t need to believe the stats and I don’t think you should.

However, the players (MTN, GLO, etc) already gave their subscribers stats in the public domain, you can choose to manufacture your own stats in upper Iweka, it’s none of my business.

To your last question, I’m from Oyo state and a proud Ibadan omo ajorosun boy.

3 Likes

Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by flokii: 11:33pm On May 19, 2021
My own major concern is the excessive pressure these migrants are putting on South West and her infrastructure..

In Civ. Engineering structural design.. there is always an allowable load for any designed structure which musn't be exceeded if you don't want it to collapse.. Look at roads and bridges in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo etc. that have been in existence since amalgamation are all weak due to excessive pressure from people, lorries, trailers, containers etc. Yet nothing is being done to maintain or repair those structures.
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Asgard73: 11:42pm On May 19, 2021
LegendHero:

Lol, fake Nigerian statistics when I clearly told you the data are sourced from private players like MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, and etc. Notable mention is also NCC.

I am not arguing with you tho so don’t think I’ll be replying you using an argument context. You don’t need to believe the stats and I don’t think you should.

However, the players (MTN, GLO, etc) already gave their subscribers stats in the public domain, you can choose to manufacture your own stats in upper Iweka, it’s none of my business.

To your last question, I’m from Oyo state and a proud Ibadan omo ajorosun boy.

Ibadan my favorite city.. competing with Calabar.
Ib .. quite and serene.

Okay.. I understand grin
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by edoairways: 12:14am On May 20, 2021
theTranslator:
why is Edo wet?? grin
grin grin grin
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by theTranslator: 1:36am On May 20, 2021
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by theTranslator: 1:36am On May 20, 2021
edoairways:
grin grin grin
wink

@siggy how much u go buy sniper??
Re: Is South West Is The Most Populated Region In Nigeria. by Nigercity: 1:49am On May 20, 2021
Cashsteady says south east is deserted
Lolz
Hope you are aware that south east is the most dense populated region in Nigeria (goggle these)
Abi you don't Know geography
Or you don't Know how to use Google maps

Imo state alone is more dense populated than Oyo (goggle that)
Aside Lagos
South West is just a village jungle filled with brown roofs

Guy like seriously needs to travel
Even some parts of the north are not as empty as most places in South West (aside Lagos) anyway I love the way Yorubas lies and believe there own propaganda,
Just take a look at the 2006 population census
Now compare south east and south west and tell me where is more deserted per landmass (although many Igbos in South East refuse to be counted, because of the Massob activities then) but not withstanding calculate with the undercount data.
Below are pictures of first
1st
Ogun/Lagos boundary: which should be the most populated place in South West (using Google Earth view)
2nd IMO/anambra boundary
3rd Delta/Edo boundary
Now tell me which one is more dense populated and built up
Don't always rush to public forum to disgrace yourself
(Use Google statelite view to cure your ignorance and see how empty south west is)

(1) (2) (Reply)

KWIRS Packaged #150million Sallah Gift For Gov. Abdulrazaq's Sister, Kahirat. / We Love Lawlessness In Nigeria(pictures) / I Blame The Death Of Deborah On The Christians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.