Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,261 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:54 PM

Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% (12861 Views)

Tinubu Increases Armed Forces Pension By 20% / Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100% / Lagos Assembly Cuts Ex-Governors' Pension By 50%, Stops Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Lanrelagboi: 7:37pm On May 19, 2021
•To repeal ex-governors’ pension law

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has approved an increase of 33 per cent adjustments in the pensions of retirees under the Defined Pension Scheme (DBS) arising from the implementation of the New Minimum Wage Act.

The governor has also announced plans to repeal the former governors’ pension law while presenting the 2021 Appropriation Bill to the state House of Assembly last November.

The Director-General, Lagos State Pension Commission (LASPEC), Mr. Babalola Obilana made this known in an interview with The Nation.

Obilana said the governor said the aim of repealing the law was to free the state government of the legal obligations and reduce the cost of governance.

The LASPEC DG further said the government is committed to the speedy resolution of pension issues.

He maintained that Lagos is the only state in Nigeria with up-to-date pension contributions remitted to the Retirement Savings Account (RSAs) of pensioners under the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS).

He said LASPEC has been paying a minimum of N1 billion monthly as Accrued Pension Rights to RSAs of pensioners.

He said: “Since the inauguration of his administration, a total number of 7,308 retirees had their Accrued Pension Rights of N29.1 billion credited into their RSAs between May 2019 and last month.

“The status of implementation of states’ report collated by the National Pension Commission affirmed that Lagos State is the only state with a valid Group Life Insurance Policy for its employees.This is the evidence of the state government’s dedication to the financial security of its workers, post service and beyond.

“Let me also add that Lagos State Government has been consistent in her leadership role in the implementation of the CPS in line with the provisions of the Lagos State Pension Reform Law of March 19, 2007 now amended on February 22, 2019.”

Obilana noted that LASPEC has been the trail blazer on pension matters in the country, having won awards as the most compliant state in the dispensation on several occasions. “The payment of accrued rights to retirees of the state is carried out systematically and scheduled by year of exit. The retirees are, therefore, not under any coercion to offer kickbacks to staff of the Commission to ensure payment.

“A testament to the governor’s commitment to the welfare of pensioners is the recent honour bestowed him by the Nigerian Union of Pensioners (N.U.P) who presented the distinguished award of “Excellence and Greater Commitment to Pensioners’ Welfare” to the representatives of the Lagos State Government at its 11th Quadrennial National Delegates Conference in Abuja,” he added.

https://thenationonlineng.net/minimum-wage-sanwo-olu-increases-pension-by-33/

16 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 19, 2021
It is well o, our currency has lost its pride
May God help us
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by tillaman(m): 7:41pm On May 19, 2021
cool

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by olumzzz(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
shocked
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by rawtouch: 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
kiss

not bad
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by slawormiir: 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by neyoflexzyl(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
Good one

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
Meanwhile his collegue is sacking 45,000 workers... the difference between Governors than can create wealth in the midst of scarcity and dundees occupying space.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Babara1994(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
I'm the first to comment. grin

He maintained that Lagos is the only state in Nigeria with up-to-date pension contributions remitted to the Retirement Savings Account (RSAs) of pensioners under the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS).

15 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Segzy19: 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
Good! Pensioners should always be considered in all of these...
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Trutherme: 7:42pm On May 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by ohosi4real(m): 7:43pm On May 19, 2021
Congratulation to lagosian

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by KingKingKing: 7:43pm On May 19, 2021
I ask why do people hate Sanwo olu?

Could I get a logical answer?

I think his only crime is He his Tinubu's godson , if Sanwo was in opposition he would be loved by all and sundry.

Sanwo still remains the best gov in Nigeria at present.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by ALISMILE(m): 7:43pm On May 19, 2021
Lagos, always setting the pace
If this is the handiwork of the jagaban himself then I think he deserves all the commendation

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by blazepascal(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2021
Yes. this is what we want.he can do better because right now our currency has no value.

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Offpoint1: 7:44pm On May 19, 2021
First good news of the week...

I'm tired of:
-Missing ladies
-Unknown gunmen
-Bandits
-Boko
-Kidnappers
-inflation

To come online, especially News sites these days the fear me... The only time I read good news is when I visit xvid*** or p**nub.
It's better a read about big cøck, than big glock.

5 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Andyvilly: 7:44pm On May 19, 2021
Lagos State is self sustainable in generating internal revenue.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 19, 2021
So tinubu will also benefit after amassing a lot of Lagos wealth for himself and family members.
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:44pm On May 19, 2021
God bless Lagos state.

God bless Nigeria.

By the way,

Lecturer : Do you know why Lagos State remains the best state in Nigeria?!

Students : Because it has never been governed by PDP

Lecturer : Good answer guys.
End of class for today.
Have a nice evening everyone.

Students : Thank you! wink
Yipeee wink

Dem MANNA ALL THE WAY!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by GreaterFuture(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2021
Till today, me the NOK has not received 1 naira from the Lagos State Government, my Mum, a teacher died in service with just one 1 year to retirement after serving LASG for almost 35years. Nothing nothing till date, money that one of their aide would spend in one weekend, smh, these People are Evil!

pineed:

Sorry to hear.. I suggest if you have all her documents you can go to the Pensions Office at the Old Secretariat or Alausa to make this compaint & claim

LASG don't joke with their workers & pensioners monies..
I have all the documents and I did all that stress for over 1year+. It is obvious that they don't want to pay anybody Anything, atleast not anytime soon

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Thetruthshallse(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2021
OMOLUABI

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Drsnives(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2021
Audio increment
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Topmaike007(m): 7:45pm On May 19, 2021
Likeyy1:
That's my baby
baby keel you Dia
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by mu2sa2: 7:45pm On May 19, 2021
Babara1994:
I'm the first to comment. grin
Not a crime to dream, but when you wake up reality will dawn on you.
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by Sunnydoo: 7:45pm On May 19, 2021
What a right time to increase. As it will ease the inflation on the pensioners way no get other source of income.
Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by duality(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2021
Okowa of Delta state should wake up and pay up retirees ooooo!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by omowolewa: 7:47pm On May 19, 2021
So workers in Lagos are happier than Kaduna.

Productivity started declining as soon as government stopped their business in business by turning to taxation.

Which one comes first, the chicken or the tasty fry.
In the days when government was active in business, poverty and unemployment isn't this high.

For now government tax businesses to extinction, yes govt need money. Now we borrow.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Sanwo-Olu Increases Pension By 33% by JovialJune(f): 7:47pm On May 19, 2021
Wow I Stan!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Must Unite Beyond Tribe, Religion And Political Affiliations - Obi / Murtala Muhammed's 80th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Show Of Shame.you Cannot Justify Disrespecting The President – Ayogu Eze To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.