Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election (11795 Views)

Barcanista Issues Press Release After Being Chased Out Of Nairaland / Man Wrongly Convicted For Murder To Be Release After 39years / Nigerian Man Release After Nineteen Years On Death Row (miracle) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by rockers: 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2011
Congratulatory message to abiola Ajimobi

Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by Afam4eva(m): 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2011
I can't believe this. If he actually said this then i may just have little respect fromt his guy. I was expecting him to declare war or something judging from the way he's behaved in the past.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by EkoIle1: 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2011
At least the man get class and I respect him for that.

I'm also glad to see SW politicians displaying to much class and humility.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2011
Eko Ile:

At least the man get class and I respect him for that.

I'm also glad to see SW politicians displaying to much class and humility.

You're right. The SE politicans have no class. See the way they're displaying rascality and killing each other.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by rockers: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2011
this should be on the homepage,we need to rejoice
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by Pukkah: 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2011
This is commendable and is one noble act that has arguably fetched him more respect than all his days in the government house.

However, this does not mean or imply that he should not be tried for all of his alleged crimes.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by Fhemmmy: 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2011
If this is true, then, this man is not a beast that you all has made him look like.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by kokoye(m): 9:03pm On Apr 28, 2011
^^^

He had no choice ojare!

. . . .and those words were crafted by Dotun Oyelade.

Do you think he wants us to delve into the 40,000 votes that came from Ogbomosho north??

But all in all, it was nice of him to follow the steps of Gov Daniel and make peace.

Good for all.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by dayokanu(m): 9:52pm On Apr 28, 2011
Up Yorubas
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by dapachez: 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2011
commendale ,matured,good sportsmanship and statesmanship as much as i am not a fan of his for once he behaved maturedly
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by Kenyy: 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
Men Of Little Minds Who Can Hardly See Beyond Their 'Noses'! After Looting Blind Ogun And Oyo And Knowing Fully Well That Their Days Are Numbered And May Very Well Soon Be Guided By Their Past Misdeeds and Misrules Into Kirikiri Maximum Prisons To Contest For And Succeed  Their Father-Olabode George as The Chief Inmate And,  (I Know You Want To Hear What I Want To Say Next, Please Hold Your Breath And Watch Out For Part 2-Title, "Men Who Use Words To PleaBargain For Freedom").
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by EkoIle1: 10:35pm On Apr 28, 2011
And the sour losers,

Akunyili criticises senatorial election

Former minister of information and candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Dora Akunyili, has described the Anambra Central senatorial district election won by Chris Ngige as marred by violence, intimidation and malpractices.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, yesterday, announced Mr. Ngige the winner of the rerun with a total of 69,765 against Mr Akunyili's 69,292. But the former minister and her party in separate media interviews yesterday picked holes in the election with the party hinting it could contest the results in court.

According to Mrs Akunyili, her agents suffered intimidation and molestation in such areas as Nkpor and Enugwu Ukwu with some of them even being chased away and forced to hide their tags to evade identification. In other cases she said the real voters were disenfranchised to enable fake voters to come and vote for ACN and noted that despite that, Mr Ngige's victory margin was low.

"I'm appalled by the level of violence and thuggery and feel more pained by that than my not being declared winner," Mrs Akunyili said. She said she complained to the state governor, Peter Obi, who chose the option of following due process.

Mrs Akunyili, however, said she harbours no bitterness and will continue to work for the good of Nigeria and Anambra State as, according to her, she believes in President Goodluck Jonathan, Mr Obi and the INEC chairman Attahiru Jega.

She said INEC did a credible job but could not have been everywhere at the same time.

"I wish everybody luck and God's choicest blessings," she said.

She said she will consult with Mr Obi, her supporters and family on the next step to take but refused to congratulate Mr. Ngige saying he did not win in a fair manner.

Set for court

Meanwhile in an earlier press briefing, the state chairman of the APGA Mike Kwentoh said the party would take all necessary steps to seek legal redress.

"In our characteristic manner which is in tandem with the disposition of the governor we call on all APGA supporters to remain calm and law abiding. We shall seek every necessary redress through due process," Mr Kwentoh said.

Meanwhile the victorious candidate, Mr Ngige yesterday received a group of youth corps members from Anambra State who fled for safety from their areas of primary assignment in various parts of the North.

While assuring them of his concern for their plight, Mr Ngige thanked the people of the state for their support which helped him to win his first ever election. He promised to be responsive to their needs as a senator.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by Dotman01(m): 11:24pm On Apr 28, 2011
abegi na sympathy d guy dey look for jare. . . i no go guck am. . . he's still a devil
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by tpia5: 12:29am On Apr 29, 2011
@ topic

i never had a problem with akala but i noticed people like to abuse him a lot, same way they abuse all the other leaders.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by violent(m): 12:40am On Apr 29, 2011
. . . . and boom! the same rascal under whose tenure Oyo citizens have experienced untold hardship, has suddenly become commendable in the eyes of Nairalanders for accepting defeat from an opposition he had earlier on frustrated with the power of his office!

His sins can now be forgiven, his loot shall be remembered no more, let's give him a national award and name landmarks after him.

In Nigeria, once you don't show people the worst of your animalistic ability, then you are likely to earn a sit amongst the gods!. . .same way some donut-headed fellow forumites think it's appropriate to thank the President for not rigging the elections.

a big shior!
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by kodewrita(m): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2011
trying to impress so he can come back later
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by gregg2: 9:26am On Apr 29, 2011
Fhemmmy:

If this is true, then, this man is not a beast that you all has made him look like.

My guy that man was not bad. Tinubu and his gang lobbied the Lagos press to paint him black.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by EkoIle1: 9:29am On Apr 29, 2011
gregg2:

My guy that man was not bad. Tinubu and his gang lobbied the Lagos press to paint him black.

Tinubu and his gang also put juju on him to be corrupt and incompetent right?
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by ufumes(m): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2011
I love this man for this statement. How i wish all losers can toll this line.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by yemmight(m): 11:47am On Apr 29, 2011
gregg2:

I think gregg2 is a clueless clown. You just try and think before typing.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by chiozor: 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2011
A state Government document have no Memo/Ref number and stamp or seal! these mgbanti people are clowns angry look like a notepad love letter of those days tongue
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by johnie: 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
I am impressed by the gale of congratulatory messages blowing across the political landscape from the 'losers' of the recent elections to the 'winners.'

We are all winners when such spirit of sportsmanship is exhibited after such a keenly contested race.

Ladoja has also congratulated Ajimobi:

Ladoja said he was prepared to work with Ajimobi to provide the change the people desire.

In a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Alhaji Lanre Latinwo, Ladoja said the challenges facing Oyo State are great and prayed that God should give Ajimobi the wisdom, patience and strength to face the challenges. He thanked his numerous supporters and all Accord members for their support and hard work within the past four months of launching the party in Oyo State.

The former governor assured the people that all elected Accord members would not betray the course of oneness and progress for the state.

Ladoja praised the security arrangement during the election, saying whatever success was recorded in the general elections should be credited to security personnel.

(http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/4502-pdp-candidate-dosunmu-to-fashola-i-surrender.html)

I was impressed by the congratulaory speech of Ade Dosunmu, PDP's candidate in Lagos:

LAGOS Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate Ade Dosunmu played the good sportsman yesterday.

He conceded victory to Governor Babatunde Fashola of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), who won last Tuesday’s election with 1.509million votes. Dosunmu scored 300,450.

At a press conference in Apapa, Dosunmu said he accepted that Fashola won the race and disbanded his campaign team. He thanked members of the team for a job well done.

Dosunmu said: "I hereby congratulate His Excellency Babatunde Fashola, who has been declared winner of the 2011 governorship election in Lagos State. I wish him a successful tenure of office as he pilots the affairs of the state for another four years."

(http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/4502-pdp-candidate-dosunmu-to-fashola-i-surrender.html)

Some have misread Daniel's statement to mean an admittance of failure whereas what he said was a change of platform.

Meanwhile, Governor Gbenga Daniel has congratulated the governor-elect on his victory, in what he described as an epic gubernatorial contest in Ogun State.

Daniel said Senator Amosun’s victory actualised the yearnings of the people of Ogun State for a change of political platform in the governance of the state.

The outgoing governor, in a statement signed by the state Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Sina Kawonise, also used the opportunity to congratulate candidates of the three parties (ACN, PPN and PDP) that stood for election and won the senatorial, House of Representatives and the House of Assembly seats in the state.

“While wishing all the victors well and a successful tenure, I pray that the Almighty God will grant all those who have won the mandate of our people the right spirit and ability to consolidate on the achievements of the last eight years and take Ogun State and the Federal Republic of Nigeria to greater heights. To those who did not excel in the elections, I say tomorrow is another day,” Daniel said.

He also expressed special gratitude to the people of the state for the support which his administration enjoyed in the last eight years and for the peaceful and orderly manner in which they conducted themselves in all the elections.

The governor commended  INEC for conducting  free, fair and credible elections in Ogun State.

The PDP gubernatorial candidate, Chief Olurin, also congratulated the governor-elect, admitting that he had fought a good battle and had lost gallantly in his quest to serve the people of the state.

“I congratulate all those who emerged victorious in all the elections held in the state in this year’s general election, particularly Senator Ibikunle Amosun, the candidate of the ACN who has emerged the new governor of the state. As a good sportsman, I bear no grudge against anyone. It is God and He alone, who has control over destiny in life,” he added.

The gubernatorial candidate of the PPN, Isiaka, also sent a congratulatory message to Senator Amosun.

Isiaka, in a statement personally signed by him and made available to the Nigerian Tribune, said the challenge of moving the state forward brought all contenders into a battle, which, he admitted, that a winner must emerge.

He described the election as one well fought by all candidates, saying that the people of the state had spoken through their votes.

“I sincerely congratulate my brother and governor-elect for his victory. The challenge to move Ogun State forward brought all of us into this battle, a winner must emerge and he has won.

“For me, politics is just a vehicle to serve the people and make society better; it is not a do-or-die affair. The wish of the people must be respected and they have spoken with their votes. I wish Senator Amosun well in the tasking job of making Ogun State greater than he met it,” he said.

(http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/21115-gov-election-the-winners-are-ajimobi-fashola-amaechi-amosun-abdulfatah-akpabio-aliyu-dakingari-orji-chime-kwankwaso)
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
Soludo conceded victory before. So did Adamu Muazu

What Akala has done is the right thing but it is not new.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by kokoye(m): 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2011
tpia@:

@ topic

i never had a problem with akala but i noticed people like to abuse him a lot, same way they abuse all the other leaders.

If you grew up or lived in Ibadan in the late 70s or 80s, maybe you would understand why some of us are frustrated now. Ibadan was a beautiful place until sometime after the military coups in the 80s - has the frist university and stadium in Africa if I am correct. Now it is a garbage dump and the leaders dont care - I wont say what they are doing instead, but your guess is as good as mine. "rainbow" wink

It is not really about Akala alone . .all the governors since after Bola Ige are included. 

Maybe Akala moreso because he is a product of Adedibu's amala politics and the fact that he felt he was untouchable after adedibu died and his friendship with the 'high and mighty' Obasanjo.  Frankly, he took Ibadan people for granted.

As you can see, I never said anything about bleaching  grin
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by misterh(m): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
What do you expect him to do? He had no vision while he was he governor,
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by safariman(m): 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2011
I doubt the authenticity of this press release, it is not even properly dated.
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by mbulela: 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2011
Akala is a doctor?
I guess he is a doctor of Dermatology
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by WAVixen: 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2011
safariman:

I doubt the authenticity of this press release, it is not even properly dated.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Thought so too!
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by adexchamp(m): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2011
Well written and well composed, but that doesn't mean you won't get probed!!!
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by shadrach77: 3:25pm On Apr 29, 2011
this is very gracious of him - i really respect him for this cool cool cool
Re: Governor Alao Akala's Press Release After Election by sewa36447(m): 3:29pm On Apr 29, 2011
Things are taking shape in Nigeria. God is in control. Goodluck will be our portion in the next 4 years and forever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano Weeps As Jonathan Visits / Seriake Dickson And Ike Ekweremadu Commission Projects In Bayelsa (Photos) / APC Wins Two House Of Assembly Seats In Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.