Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,759 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old (1203 Views)

13-year-Old Girl Flees Home With Suspected Lover / Chinese Doctors Bowing Down To A 11 Year Old Boy Who Donated His Organs / Man Who Saved An 11-year-old Boy Could Be Jailed For Shooting Pit Bulls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Somatic(m): 6:01pm On Apr 28, 2011
There's this issue I heard from a friend in the office. He said a thirteen year old boy raped an eleven year old girl. the boy has been detained for a while now. The parents of the girl are promising fire and brimstone esp. with the police. The police in question are not ready to release the boy until they have concluded "investigations", taken him to court and sentenced him promptly. I gather that he's still there.

Now please, as much as we must not condone illegality whoever may commit such, I wish to ask:
1. Can a thirteen year old be engaged in a crime of rape?
2. If yes, is rape bailable under law? Hear that the sentence for despoil is life imprisonment. True?
3. And do the police have the right to detain a thirteen year old considering the fact that he is a minor?

Please I need objective comments, with backing of statute. Lawyers and any one with a lil legal background preferable please.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by topup: 1:56am On Apr 29, 2011
I believe for underaged people the case has to be visited on an individual basis, it all depends on the mental maturity of the child and his awareness of what he did and of course his intent.

However, I think if it was forced and brutal rape then the child needs to go to a dentention center.
If it was a mutual thing then tbh I don't know,

The law is very gray when it comes to minors.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 9:05am On Apr 29, 2011
Somatic:

There's this issue I heard from a friend in the office. He said a thirteen year old boy violated an eleven year old girl. the boy has been detained for a while now. The parents of the girl are promising fire and brimstone esp. with the police. The police in question are not ready to release the boy until they have concluded "investigations", taken him to court and sentenced him promptly. I gather that he's still there.

Now please, as much as we must not condone illegality whoever may commit such, I wish to ask:
1. Can a thirteen year old be engaged in a crime of violation?
2. If yes, is violation bailable under law? Hear that the sentence for despoil is life imprisonment. True?
3. And do the police have the right to detain a thirteen year old considering the fact that he is a minor?

Please I need objective comments, with backing of statute. Lawyers and any one with a lil legal background preferable please.

1. Yes, a 13 yr old boy can be involved in rȧpe.

2. You didn't provided any information on where this incident took place, so I don't know how to answer that or what sort or answer to give you.

3. Detaining an individual would depend on a case by case basis. If it were forceful rȧpe, the answer is yes, the person should be detained regardless of their age and prosecuted within the fullest extent of the law. If it was a consensual act by both parties, I think what happens to the rȧpist would be on a case by case basis.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 29, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

1. Yes, a 13 yr old boy can be involved in rȧpe.

2. You didn't provided any information on where this incident took place, so I don't know how to answer that or what sort or answer to give you.

3. Detaining an individual would depend on a case by case basis. If it were forceful rȧpe, the answer is yes, the person should be detained regardless of their age and prosecuted within the fullest extent of the law. If it was a consensual act by both parties, I think what happens to the rȧpist would be on a case by case basis.

You try to answer all questions as if you know it all,you are talking bullshit.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 9:31am On Apr 29, 2011
olas2u:

Ummm did the OP not ask a question? If you have nothing better to do with your time then please go elsewhere. I don't recall the OP being selective about who answers his/her question. If my response bothers you so much then feel free to roll your eyes, ṡhit your pants, have a ḅitch fit, or do whatever else you think will make you feel better for reading my response.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 29, 2011
Define rape?prove penetration?Do you think he penetrated,its difficult to prove the case since they are very young and he must have attempted with the consent of the 11 year old.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by samolina1(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2011
Please poster where is this coming from? And i don't think a 13 years old boy can have very strong erection enough to pierce the vagina. I dont think so, 'cos they are both underage. It's just kid play.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 9:54am On Apr 29, 2011
olas2u:

Define violation?prove penetration?Do you think he penetrated,its difficult to prove the case since they are very young and he must have attempted with the consent of the 11 year old.

Sweetie, I don't know what prehistoric cave that you live in but there are ways to prove whether or not a rȧpe has occurred. No, it is not difficult to prove that any rȧpe occurred. When young children are rȧped, are rȧpe exams not done on the child to collect evidence? It's quite obvious that you don't know how to comprehend information. At what point in time did I mention or actually state that the boy rȧped the girl? All I said that they should follow protocols of the law (1) if forceful rȧpe occurred (2) if it was a consensual act. Now tell me, what part of that indicated or insinuated that I said the boy rȧped the girl? Had you not had your eyes on top of your head while you were reading my response, then perhaps you would have seen that. Since you seem to be so keen on proving the innocence of this boy in question, what makes you think that he must have had the consent of the girl?

samolina1:

Please poster where is this coming from? And i don't think a 13 years old boy can have very strong erection enough to pierce the womanliness. I dont think so, 'cos they are both underage. It's just kid play.

Whether or not the boy had a strong erection isn't the point. It can still occur. Believe it or not there are actual cases of young children rȧping other young children. Because the act is unthinkable at an age where a child is thought to possess some sort of innocence doesn't mean it's not true or that it cannot happen.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Somatic(m): 10:30am On Apr 29, 2011
Sorry for not providing location of crime. I learned the "crime" was done in Abuja, Nigeria.

From what I gather, the boy has continued to deny it. Did I add that he has been detained by the police now for a week? Now is ti right for them to do so, considering the age of the boy?

mehthiks a 13 year old can have sex and may rape too
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 10:38am On Apr 29, 2011
Somatic:

Sorry for not providing location of crime. I learned the "crime" was done in Abuja, Nigeria.

From what I gather, the boy has continued to deny it. Did I add that he has been detained by the police now for a week? Now is ti right for them to do so, considering the age of the boy?

mehthiks a 13 year old can have sex and may violation too

I don't see why they shouldn't detain him. Suppose he flees the country or area where he resides? I know that within the US they can prevent an individual from leaving the country by asking them to hand over their passport or placing the under house arrest, but I hardly doubt that that would actually work in Nigeria. Even if he were to hand over his passport, who's to say they [the police] can trust that his parents won't concoct some plan to smuggle him elsewhere? OP, is this case still ongoing or are they just detaining him? 
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Somatic(m): 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

I don't see why they shouldn't detain him. Suppose he flees the country or area where he resides? I know that within the US they can prevent an individual from leaving the country by asking them to hand over their passport or placing the under house arrest, but I hardly doubt that that would actually work in Nigeria. Even if he were to hand over his passport, who's to say they [the police] can trust that his parents won't concoct some plan to smuggle him elsewhere? OP, is this case still ongoing or are they just detaining him? 

As at today, No case in court yet. But a minor, even in US law, the police cannot detain a minor or can they?
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2011
Somatic:

As at today, No case in court yet. But a minor, even in US law, the police cannot detain a minor or can they?

Yes, they can be detained. Two things can happen (1) they can be released to the custody of their parents or guardian and told to report to court at a later date or (2) they may be detained in a juvenile detention center. Not to say that I don't have faith in my county I doubt that releasing the child to the parents or guardians custody would be a wise idea--especially given the fact that if the parents were to try to sneak the son elsewhere so he wouldn't prosecuted, there really isn't much that the police could do. I mean, we're talking about the Nigerian judicial system tongue
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by switch47(m): 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2011
Chai, see laymen trying to answer questions meant for we ministers in the temple of justice!! The boy is entitled to bail one week is now too long to detain a 13 year old. The Government has homes where juveniles should be even in attempted murder. The boy should be charged to the juvenile court established under the children & young persons laws.under this law children above 12 but below 14 are responsible for their acts or omissions,which constitute an offence. A juvenile if found guilty cannot be sentenced or convicted instead a finding of guilty shall be recorded. Similarly,juveniles cannot be ordered to be imprisoned if they can be suitably dealt with in any othe authorized manner such as probation,corporal penalty or commital to an approved institution or REMAND HOME.
Under no circumstance should a juvenile be mixed with adult prisoner or detainees in police station or after trial so that the juvenile may be protected from further corruption.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2011
switch47:

Chai,  see  laymen trying to answer questions meant for we ministers in the temple of justice!!  The boy is entitled to bail  one week is now too long to detain a 13 year old. The Government has homes where juveniles should be even in attempted murder. The boy should be charged to the juvenile court established under the children & young persons laws.under this law children above 12 but below 14 are responsible for their acts or omissions,which constitute an offence. A juvenile if found guilty cannot be sentenced or convicted instead a finding of guilty shall be recorded. Similarly,juveniles cannot be ordered to be imprisoned if they can be suitably dealt with in any othe authorized manner such as probation,corporal penalty or commital to an approved institution or REMAND HOME.
Under no circumstance should a juvenile be mixed with adult prisoner or detainees in police station or after trial so that the juvenile may be protected from further corruption.

And who is it that you were referring to as a 'layman'?
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

And who is it that you were referring to as a 'layman'?

Did i not tell you before,you always do as if you know all and always answering all questions on heart and misleading people.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 12:35am On Apr 30, 2011
olas2u:

Did i not tell you before,you always do as if you know all and always answering all questions on heart and misleading people.

And did I not tell you that you should to roll your eyes, ṡhit your pants, have a ḅitch fit, or do whatever else you think will make you feel better for reading my response? I answered the OP's question based on what I know about law here. I even gave examples of protocol here in the US. As before, had you not had your eyes on top of your head while you were reading my response, then perhaps you would have seen that. If you've got some sort of personal vendetta against me then good for you. You seem quite fond of going out of your way to talk out the side of your neck. By the way, I noticed how you conveniently ignored my questions to you when asked your idiotic questions that were based on assumption. Please learn to comprehend information before you open your mouth and let all sorts of nonsense fly out.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Orton10(m): 1:32am On Apr 30, 2011
olas2u:

PMSL.
Ola, I wonder what She said that was so Annoying.Lmao!
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 1:57am On Apr 30, 2011
Orton1_0:

PMSL.
Ola, I wonder what She said that was so Annoying.Lmao!

Don't mind him. He talks as though he got a stick up his aṡṡ. Like I told him before, he's more than welcome to ṡhit his pants or have a ḅitch fit since he likes having temper tantrums so much tongue
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Orton10(m): 2:12am On Apr 30, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Don't mind him. He talks as though he got a stick up his aṡṡ. Like I told him before, he's more than welcome to ṡhit his pants or have a ḅitch fit since he likes having temper tantrums so much tongue

ROFLMAO!
***Steals lines . . .***  wink
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 2:19am On Apr 30, 2011
Orton1_0:

ROFLMAO!
***Steals lines . . .***  wink

grin wink
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Nobody: 5:38am On Apr 30, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

grin wink

Madam know everything
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 11:32am On Apr 30, 2011
olas2u:

Madam know everything

Ok, good for you. You've called me a know it all--has that made you feel better? Have you finished rolling your eyes, ṡhitting your pants, or having a ḅitch fit?
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Ok, good for you. You've called me a know it all--has that made you feel better? Have you finished rolling your eyes, ṡhitting your pants, or having a ḅitch fit?

Oloshi!Ashawo Newyork
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2011
olas2u:

Oloshi!Ashawo Newyork

Lmao, how mature of you. Smh, you didn't make your point so you resorted to name calling abi? I can see that you were raised well. . . Not!! Look, when you're done having your little ḅitch fit, get back to me so we can actually have a mature conversation instead of you just throwing around silly names and having tantrums. Have a nice weekend.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Malyq06(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2011
the little me know about law, nothing justifies one week police detention, not murder, not rape. but that is the text book law, may not work in our dear Nigeria.
inked nerd and ola2me, u both need to stop being childish on a public forum like this, pls.
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Somatic(m): 6:03pm On May 03, 2011
Where did I stop?

Friday,my friend and his oga went to release the said rapist. sought and got the approval of the DC. Even parents of boy fulfilled bail conditions. However, boy was not still bailed, first on the premise of security reasons then delay tactics by the police. As much as I don"t want to believe it, methinks the police has been compromised on this case, and if the story of my guy's true, the influence surrounding the case is bigger than the case itself. Coz, as at today, the boy's still in detention (10 days+ now).The boy's billed to go to family court tomorrow. Hopefully he'll get his bail there
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by Somatic(m): 6:05pm On May 03, 2011
Ola leave Inked alone O. I go vex detain u infinito grin

Inked dear, don't mind Ola. 4 im area fine gurls nor know book wink wink
Re: 13 Year Old Raping An 11 Year Old by InkedNerd(f): 6:19am On May 04, 2011
Somatic:

Where did I stop?

Friday,my friend and his oga went to release the said despoiler. sought and got the approval of the DC. Even parents of boy fulfilled bail conditions. However, boy was not still bailed, first on the premise of security reasons then delay tactics by the police. As much as I don"t want to believe it, methinks the police has been compromised on this case, and if the story of my guy's true, the influence surrounding the case is bigger than the case itself. Coz, as at today, the boy's still in detention (10 days+ now).The boy's billed to go to family court tomorrow. Hopefully he'll get his bail there

Hmmmm, interesting. Well, has there been any word of upcoming court dates? By the way, what happened to the little girl?

(1) (Reply)

See What Boko Haram Has Done-pictures Never Published Before / Annointed Private Jets For Sale From Bishop Oyedepo / My People Pls What Are The Courses Of 2day's Crisis In Jos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.