Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,846 members, 7,828,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Re-Thoughts On SE Governors And APGA. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re-Thoughts On SE Governors And APGA. (602 Views)

SE Governors Must Reject The Ministry of Power,Wks and Housing Budget Allocation / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged / ACN, CPC, ANPP And APGA Merged Officially? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re-Thoughts On SE Governors And APGA. by dempeople(m): 6:08pm On Apr 28, 2011
I'm even beginning to see the main reason why APGA might not have done well as expected. It might not be due to non-cooperation of the party executives to achieve a similar ACN feat in the SE.

On a more serious note, for the first time in a long while, the SE governors have been working diligently as a team constituting a powerful force who're able to collectively push for the zone's interests at the federal level.

Due to this co-operation (which has honestly yielded so much), maybe APGA felt that destabilizing the status-quo would lead to a repeat of the scenario we had of our governors of the third republic where governors were not communicating on issues which affected the SE to the extent that  throughout 1999-2003, no federal project was attracted to the SE.

I want APGA to do well but at the same time, I want effective communication, unity and cooperation between our governors just like we've been presently having for sometime. Infact without this level of communication and cooperation, I seriously doubt that GEJ would have been able to win. For the first time in a very long time, Ohanaeze was working to its full potential while our governors were replicating that, politically.

Eventhough we might not like the personalities and under-achievements of Ohakim and Orji, let's not forget that the sole aim of Okorocha is to vie for presidency using Imo state governorship as a platform. He has always wanted to be president and since its far easier to do so from a governorship position than from outside government, I really think this was the fundamental reason why he's in the race. If he, by election, becomes Governor and doesn't get his way, it might destroy this communication and cooperation between governors thereby setting us back a few years yet again.

If APGA won the gubernatorial elections in all SE states, we would've had different personalities (some strong-headed if we aren't lucky) who might truncate this progress. But one can't fail to see that the present govs are cooperating.

A perfect scenario would have been if our present govs were all APGA govs cooperating on the level they're doing so right now but in life, eating and having your cake at the same time has never happened.

The SE and SS governors have also been cooperating through many meetings and so on. Eastern Nigeria has never been this unified since early sixties and upwards. One can even smell this unity. 

I still advocate for a strong APGA encompassing the SE with strong inroads in the SS but not at the expense of this serious political progress amongst SE governors and then, between them and their SS counterparts. Peter Obi should be thanked for this unity.

With an Eastern presido, one can't help but dream of the endless possibilities of development socially, economically and politically in the whole East. Maybe at last, the eastern unity we crave is here afterall!
Re: Re-Thoughts On SE Governors And APGA. by wedee1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2011
Good post dem_people. May I ask which state u hail from?

(1) (Reply)

Witches Deploy 500 Members To Abuja For Jonathan’s Inauguration / Boko Haram: Obi To Send Buses To Evacuate Anambra Indigenes From Maiduguri / David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.