Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,295 members, 7,846,329 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row (603 Views)

EFCC Amends Charges On Oliseh Metuh - Might Get 5 Year Jail Term / Buhari Pictured With David Cameron In New York / REPS Amends PIB To Include The Entire Country As ‘host Community’ Of Petroleum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2011
Just before the London riots, the UK Prime Minister made headlines across the world when it emerged he had paid for a 3.10 euro bill with a 50 euro banknote and failed to leave any small change, as is customary in Italian bars.
Last week, waitress Francesca Ariani, 27 failed to recognize the Number 10 resident when he walked in with his wife Samantha and ordered two cappuccino asking for them to be brought to an outside table.
But Francesca had told him she was too busy and too serve himself and Mr Cameron returned today with his daughter Nancy to clear up the misunderstanding at the Dolcenero bar in Monetvarchi near Arezzo.
This time he ordered a beer for himself and a soft drink for Nancy - paying the 5.10 euro tip with a 10 euro note and telling her to keep the change as she served him at a table.

Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by werepeLeri: 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
so?
Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
In my Opinion, this event confirms to me that the British may the the most selfish. Just can't imagine the PM not being able to part with a tip to the waitress and the waitress must be a hard ball too for not giving the P.M due recognition the next time he was at the bar.
Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 11, 2011
werepeLeri:

so?
come on, don't be a hard head.
Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by kodewrita(m): 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2011
Brand_new:

common don't be a hard head.
Brand_new:

In my Opinion, this event confirms to me that the British may the the most selfish. Just can't imagine the PM not being able to part with a tip to the waitress and the waitress must be a hard ball too for not giving the P.M due recognition the next time he was at the bar.
So refreshing for a head of state of a country to stroll into a bar with a wife without fanfare.

I Trust Madam umblella & Jonah. You go know.
Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2011
kodewrita:

So refreshing for a head of state of a country to stroll into a bar with a wife without fanfare.

lol! grin
Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by Kobojunkie: 3:18pm On Aug 11, 2011
Brand_new:

Last week, waitress Francesca Ariani, 27 failed to recognize the Number 10 resident when he walked in with his wife Samantha and ordered two cappuccino asking for them to be brought to an outside table.
[b]But Francesca had told him she was too busy and too serve himself [/b]and Mr Cameron returned today with his daughter Nancy to clear up the misunderstanding at the Dolcenero bar in Monetvarchi near Arezzo.

Why did he need to leave a tip when the waitress admitted she was too busy to serve him , and so he had to serve himself?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2011
^^^ Well, that's according to the sky news reporter. smiley
Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by philip0906(m): 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2011
kodewrita:

exactly what came across my mind. . .
Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by DrummaBoy(m): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2011
Why was he to leave d change? According to what custom? Thats a leader living what he preaches: cut cost!
Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by DrummaBoy(m): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2011
In Nigeria our leaders go on spend-spree. Night clubbing and all that, while Rome burns.
Re: David Cameron Makes Amends With Waitress After Tip Row by werepeLeri: 10:27am On Aug 12, 2011
so many people are running short of ideas on what to say about Nigeria. why cant they just shut up?

(1) (Reply)

Youth Group Seeks Prof. Oba’s Sack / Gunmen Kidnap Futa Lecturer / 16 Illegal Refineries Discovered In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.