Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

New Building, Housing Accident /Emergency Unit Collapses At FMC Umuahia (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Building, Housing Accident /Emergency Unit Collapses At FMC Umuahia (Pics) (389 Views)

Ebubeagu Security Members Shutdown New Building Materials In Ebonyi / 35 Unidentified Corpses Dumped In FMC Owerri, Residents Of S/east Cry Out. / Governor Godwin Obaseki's ADC Collapses At His Swearing-in Ceremony For 2nd Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Building, Housing Accident /Emergency Unit Collapses At FMC Umuahia (Pics) by Citizenshelm: 12:51pm On May 20, 2021
A building under construction at the federal medical center Umuahia, has collapsed, Igbere TV reports.

Confirming the incident to our correspondent in his office at Umuahia, the chief medical director federal medical center Umuahia, Professor Azubuike Onyebuchi, said the incident occured at the early hours of Thursday May 20th, 2021.

He said he is still waiting for the contractor and site supervisor to explain what happened to the collapsed section of the new ultra modern building meant to house accident and emergency unit.

He also confirmed that the building collapse did not record any casualty.

https://igberetvnews.com/1390600/new-building-housing-accident-emergency-unit-collapses-fmc-umuahia-pics/

Lalasticlala

Re: New Building, Housing Accident /Emergency Unit Collapses At FMC Umuahia (Pics) by Pearlqueen(f): 12:52pm On May 20, 2021
Wonderful.

I won't be surprised that this is the effect of cutting corners and in turn making use of substandard materials to finish a job.

Thankfully, no casualty was recorded.
Re: New Building, Housing Accident /Emergency Unit Collapses At FMC Umuahia (Pics) by Nigercity: 12:56pm On May 20, 2021
So bad
Federal medical center indeed

See the way federal government would have killed Abia people with their substandard project
Re: New Building, Housing Accident /Emergency Unit Collapses At FMC Umuahia (Pics) by excellencyabia1: 1:08pm On May 20, 2021
Thank God no life was lost
Re: New Building, Housing Accident /Emergency Unit Collapses At FMC Umuahia (Pics) by Nigercity: 1:09pm On May 20, 2021
Pearlqueen:
Wonderful.

I won't be surprised that this is the effect of cutting corners and in turn making use of substandard materials to finish a job.

Thankfully, no casualty was recorded.

I don't understand what Abia state did to Nigeria
From The government down to the individual from other region
Could you believe that I toured SE last year and Abia is far more modern urbanised than many states in Nigeria
But FG..shaa
Entering Abia from Akwa-ibom is bad (federal road)
Entering the same Abia from IMO, bad
Entering from Rivers bad
Entering from Cross river worst
Giving everyone the impression that Abia has bad roads while in the actually Sense, Abia with 3 commercial cities dwarfs many states in Nigeria! And has more roads than many States,
Infact I don't know why FG just decided to gang up against Abia, all round
Just look at the a federal building collapsing before construction completion
Re: New Building, Housing Accident /Emergency Unit Collapses At FMC Umuahia (Pics) by Pearlqueen(f): 1:24pm On May 20, 2021
Nigercity:

I don't understand what Abia state did to Nigeria
From The government down to the individual from other region
Could you believe that I toured SE last year and Abia is far more modern urbanised than many states in Nigeria
But FG..shaa
Entering Abia from Akwa-ibom is bad (federal road)
Entering the same Abia from IMO, bad
Entering from Rivers bad
Entering from Cross river worst
Giving everyone the impression that Abia has bad roads while in the actually Sense, Abia with 3 commercial cities dwarfs many states in Nigeria! And has more roads than many States,
Infact I don't know why FG just decided to gang up against Abia, all round
Just look at the a federal building collapsing before construction completion
Talk about good road network and interconnectivity, Abia has got it just like almost every road in Aba is linked. That is the master plan of the city by early men of the state who at that time meant well for the state.

Abia has only been unfortunate to be poorly governed and that has been the killer punch that still makes the state stagger till now.
Re: New Building, Housing Accident /Emergency Unit Collapses At FMC Umuahia (Pics) by Nigercity: 1:59pm On May 20, 2021
Pearlqueen:
Talk about good road network and interconnectivity, Abia has got it just like almost every road in Aba is linked. That is the master plan of the city by early men of the state who at that time meant well for the state.

Abia has only been unfortunate to be poorly governed and that has been the killer punch that still makes the state stagger till now.

Yeah
British people really finish work in Aba planing
Buh the FG is not helping matters at all and to worsen the case Abia has an little above average governor by Nigeria standard,
When at this time of fg neglect the need a top notch governor like Dave umahi,

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Second Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine / Biafra Remembrance Day: Popular Chime Avenue Enugu City In Total Lockdown. / Gov. Ayade Was Not Appreciated In PDP - Cross River Assembly Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.