Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? (2200 Views)

Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren / Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri / Lady Takes Care Of A Homeless Street Boy She Met In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by Lostchild(m): 10:03pm On May 20, 2021
Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren?

I have this mindset that, male children takes care of parents than female children base on what I have seen. In 2016, I met one NEPA guy who told that, female children's are more caring than male children. I was wondering and heavily disagree with him that day.

Recently I went somewhere and met a man who came up with this topic and told me that, female children are more caring to parents than male children. I only did agree with him that female children only takes care of their father while men takes care of their mother. I began to say that maybe it is the gender difference.

Please can anyone give me an honest opinion base on family experience just to highlight and structure my bias mind

I just want to know a little more on this

1 Like

Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by EkwulobiaTV: 10:10pm On May 20, 2021
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by DICKstractor: 11:06pm On May 20, 2021
undecided

Make that "the future is female" girl no catch you with this kind post

1 Like

Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by Boomboost(m): 11:23pm On May 20, 2021
Born them first so you go know.

Anything we tell you go still make you doubt.

The Good book says train up a child... Female or male, just love every child and playfully remind them to take care of you in your old age.
Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by Lostchild(m): 12:18am On May 21, 2021
Boomboost:
Born them first so you go know.

Anything we tell you go still make you doubt.

The Good book says train up a child... Female or male, just love every child and playfully remind them to take care of you in your old age.

Why would I doubt the majority?

My mind is like an explorer. I can't wait for 20 years just to get the answer I seek

I also believe in savings in retirement funds
Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by ImaIma1(f): 7:26am On May 21, 2021
I had this discussion with my friend who has 2 boys. She said she wanted a 3rd boy because guys take care of their mums. I asked her that amongst she and her siblings, who goes to visit the mum often and always has her in mind (her dad is late). Guess what! Her mindset changed immediately.

Even between my siblings, when my parents were alive, it was the females that would visit more and sit with them for hours, call them, etc.

Male/female are both important. And they both have their strengths in various aspects

3 Likes

Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by Lostchild(m): 7:57am On May 21, 2021
ImaIma1:
I had this discussion with my friend who has 2 boys. She said she wanted a 3rd boy because guys take care of their mums. I asked her amongst siblings who goes to visit the mum often and always has her in mind. Guess what! Her mindset changed immediately.

Even between my siblings, when my parents were alive, it was the females that would visit more and sit with them for hours, call them, etc.

Male/female are both important. And they both have their strengths in various aspects

Thank you for responding.

I love to ask questions out of curiosity to know more about all phase of life. Many who saw this thread may think I am women haters which is not true. I am a humanitarian by nature and recently I came in contact with an elderly woman who was somehow emotionally being abandoned despite the fact that she has male children. This left me totaly confused and I wanted to know more about this through other's, their experience.

I m still learning more as learning experience bring changes of mind.

Thank You
Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by ImaIma1(f): 8:26am On May 21, 2021
Lostchild:

Thank you for responding.

I love to ask questions out of curiosity to know more about all phase of life. Many who saw this thread may think I am women haters which is not true. I am a humanitarian by nature and recently I came in contact with an elderly woman who was somehow emotionally being abandoned despite the fact that she has male children. This left me totaly confused and I wanted to know more about this through other's, their experience.

I m still learning more as learning experience bring changes of mind.

Thank You

It's important to train up your children well with a mixture of love and discipline and sacrifice for them to get well trained/educated. Many parents fall back on their children during their old age, and they meet what they brought up.

I would have said parents should save and prepare financially for their old age to avoid total dependenceon their children, but not everyone is that lucky especially in this country.

About the males, some might be overwhelmed with the responsibility of their own wives and children, while some still make out something to care for their parents. All in all, the heart of the child towards his/her parents matters.

2 Likes

Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by Mikester: 8:37am On May 21, 2021
Though the question seem not to have a direct answer as it is relative, I find myself believing that it may be true.

Women are naturally family creatures before anything else so they thrive better in that area than the other who solely thrives in achievements and family provision.

This doesn't apply in all situations though as upbringing can also be a factor in a person's contribution to his/her parents.

Hope this is ear-pleasing.

4 Likes

Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by frozen70(f): 9:17pm On May 21, 2021
Lostchild:
I have this mindset that male children takes care of parents than female childre, base on what I have seen. In 2016 I met one NEPA guy who told that female children's are more caring than male children. I was wondering and disagree with him that day.

Recently I went somewhere and met a man who came up with this topic me that female children are more caring to parents than male children. I only did agree with him that female children only takes care of their father while men takes care of their mother. I began to say that maybe it is the gender difference.

Please can anyone give me an honest opinion base on family experience just to highlight and structure my bias mind

I just want to know a little more on this

This shouldn't be a subject of debate

It's a known fact that girls takes care and remember their parents more than boys

The only way you will understand is when you have both genders as children

Experience remains the best teacher
Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by Lostchild(m): 1:14pm On May 22, 2021
frozen70:

This shouldn't be a subject of debate

It's a known fact that girls takes care and remember their parents more than boys

The only way you will understand is when you have both genders as children

Experience remains the best teacher

I came up with this thread because most women I have seen many, many times over look up to their boys and they never got dissappointed.

Most girls I have seen focused on their own children while their mother is heavily suffering.

I have a cousin sister with five female children. She cries everyday over this
Re: Does Female Children Takes Care Of Parents Than Male Chidren? by Lostchild(m): 1:17pm On May 22, 2021
Mikester:
Though the question seem not to have a direct answer as it is relative, I find myself believing that it may be true.

Women are naturally family creatures before anything else so they thrive better in that area than the other who solely thrives in achievements and family provision.

This doesn't apply in all situations though as upbringing can also be a factor in a person's contribution to his/her parents.

Hope this is ear-pleasing.

Your explanation on this is very, very pleasing.

You judge correctly
%100 cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How I Lost My Life Saving. / How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? / Honeymoon Outside Nigeria Is It Compulsory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.