Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? (2189 Views)

Son Squanders N2m Raised For Father's Burial, Abandons Corpse In Mortuary / My In-laws Are Doing Their Father's Burial And I Don't Have Money / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Cooolme: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2022
So my dad has been sick for couple of years now and just died sadly.
I'm the first son and I've decided to inquire about how burial arrangements are made and also sponsor it solely because his family cut us off, although they tried but later abandoned him. My Mom have decided not to have anything to do with them ever since and also wish to bury him here at our place of residence not in the village.
Please I need you inputs, thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by MufasaLion: 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
Stress not!

Since his family already cut ties with you, that should even be a big relief because that gives you, your mother and siblings (if you got any) the more power to decide on the funeral arrangement.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Zonefree(m): 9:36pm On Oct 01, 2022
. My Mom have decided not to have anything to do with them ever since and also wish to bury him here at our place of residence not in the village.

I'm not sure your late father will be happy with this arrangement.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Zonefree(m): 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2022
MufasaLion:
Stress not!

Since his family already cut ties with you, that should even be a big relief because that gives you, your mother and siblings (if you got any) the more power to decide on the funeral arrangement.

A great man is not buried by wife and children ONLY.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by texannaija: 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2022
MufasaLion:
Stress not!

Well said!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by ojun50(m): 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2022
See man, no go do wetin go make village brothers enter una matter mustly yr mum.

Firstly: you and yr slblings must agree that he should be buried in his place of residence.
Secondly: No matter what happen his broda have to be involved.
Thirdly: seek advice from them on how to go about it.
Lastly: let them understand that money is not available.

Village people no dey won use eyes or hear burial them go find way milk the man children but always stand yr ground and pray for every process

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by MufasaLion: 9:47pm On Oct 01, 2022
Zonefree:

A great man can be anybody and extended family are not obligated to be at one's funeral especially if they already cut ties with you before your demise. Even if you got no offsprings, spouse or family and you die, you still gonna be interred by people.

My definition of family is different from the widely known definition of it.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by DontBullshitMe: 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2022
Get your shovels.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Lastpharoah33: 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2022
Cooolme:
I'm the first son and I've decided to inquire about how burial arrangements are made and also sponsor it solely because his family cut us off, although they tried but later abandoned him. My Mom have decided not to have anything to do with them ever since and also wish to bury him here at our place of residence not in the village.
Please I need you inputs, thanks

So sorry, take hrt.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Cooolme: 6:59am On Oct 02, 2022
ojun50:
See man, no go do wetin go make village brothers enter una matter mustly yr mum.

Firstly: you and yr slblings must agree that he should be buried in his place of residence.
Secondly: No matter what happen his broda have to be involved.
Thirdly: seek advice from them on how to go about it.
Lastly: let them understand that money is not available.

Village people no dey won use eyes or hear burial them go find way milk the man children but always stand yr ground and pray for every process
Maybe I'll inform his family, I'm just 21 and don't know how this whole process will be taking place but I'm ready to learn and spend money without their assistance. My siblings are still kids tho.
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Cooolme: 7:08am On Oct 02, 2022
Zonefree:

What if they were the one there for him till death?
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by celeiyke1(m): 7:21am On Oct 02, 2022
Firstly,you need to find out how burial is conducted in your place, his family must be involved. Contact the eldest in your father's family that's his responsibility. Burial is not easy, it's expensive in the southeast and quite stressful.

Take heart and do the right thing. Remember, your younger siblings will follow your footsteps. I'll suggest you make peace with the larger family and bury your father in peace.

Thanks
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Foodqueen(f): 7:33am On Oct 02, 2022
Don't try it o.

Inform his family and let them take lead on how they want him to be buried.

U can discuss your wish with them too

Na sense person take de deal with family matter o
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:20am On Oct 02, 2022
Cooolme:
..... Don't ever try it unless you want to bury your father twice.

That he is your father dies not mean he has no brothers or other relatives even if the abandoned you guys like you said.
Don't allow people who doesn't understand traditions deceive you.

Inform his relatives and his maternal relatives. They will guide you.
Goodluck and take heart.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by ojun50(m): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2022
Cooolme:

Maybe I'll inform his family, I'm just 21 and don't know how this whole process will be taking place but I'm ready to learn and spend money without their assistance. My siblings are still kids tho.

Involve them, ask them the process and always ask questions, if they are demanding money let them understand money is not available.

Dont show you can do it alone

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Uyi168: 10:32am On Oct 02, 2022
Zonefree:

I'm not sure your late father will be happy with this arrangement.
dead people have no worries.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by ibechris(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2022
Go and bury your father.

Uncles or villagers can not change anything for the dead.

Would they come and take him to heaven or bring him back to life?

If u have the means while wait for people who have abandoned u guys to cone and decide for u people, except u guys are waiting to be mocked.

Village people na food and anything to eat they are after.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by MufasaLion: 11:37am On Oct 02, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
..... Don't ever try it unless you want to bury your father twice.

That he is your father dies not mean he has no brothers or other relatives even if the abandoned you guys like you said.
Don't allow people who doesn't understand traditions deceive you.

Inform his relatives and his maternal relatives. They will guide you.
Goodluck and take heart.

Imagine the trash you typed. So the tradition could allow family to cut ties with one of their own but must be part of the funeral rites after his/her? If that's what you call tradition then it's bullshit.

Some of you are just cowards!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by MufasaLion: 11:39am On Oct 02, 2022
ibechris:
Go and bury your father.

Uncles or villagers can not change anything for the dead.

Would they come and take him to heaven or bring him back to life?

If u have the means while wait for people who have abandoned u guys to cone and decide for u people, except u guys are waiting to be mocked.

Village people na food and anything to eat they are after.

Some they cut ties with when be was alive but some blockheads want the family to be involved and still dictate what to do to them. The guy should proceed without the family as you've said also.
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:53am On Oct 02, 2022
MufasaLion:

Imagine the trash you typed. So the tradition could allow family to cut ties with one of their own but must be part of the funeral rites after his/her? If that's what you call tradition then it's bullshit.

Some of you are just cowards!
No problems. Let him try it then.
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
No problems. Let him try it then.

What would happen

Would they kill,beat or arrest him

It's like you're among those lazy and jobless guys that intimidate and oppress people in the village.

The man's nuclear family, a few friendly relatives and the villagers can sort out the burial, while the few disgruntled relatives can go to hell.
Then, if it were me, those disgruntled relatives who didn't attend the burial would answer queries how and why they killed my old man after the whole burial.
I wouldn't even give you the opportunity to be the aggressor. So, bros, go and sit down because you never jam wahala.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Mrmakaveli200: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2022
This is Africa. The norms and traditions regarding burials should be adhered to. Its not what your siblings and mum should do alone. Contact the eldest of the family and let him intimate you with the requirements for burial. No matter what may have happened, just bury your dad the proper way and when he's buried, you guys can continue to ignore the other family members.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Phelixblaq(m): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2022
Firstly why did you want to bury him in your place of residence?? What is the use of cementry, act of burying corpse at home is a culture Africa must get rid of. I hate it. Rip to your dad.

You should contact event planner to help you make all arrangements of your dad final celebration to avoid many headaches. Cheers
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by MufasaLion: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2022
Phelixblaq:
Firstly why did you want to bury him in your place of residence?? What is the use of cementry, act of burying corpse at home is a culture Africa must get rid of. I hate it. Rip to your dad.

You should contact event planner to help you make all arrangements of your dad final celebration to avoid many headaches. Cheers

They've turned a residential property to cemetery.
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2022
My condolences

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 02, 2022
As far as I'm concerned, if any of my parents pass away, I'm locking our family house from inside and nobody dare to come in, only me and my siblings will arrange everything, extended family can go to hell.

You Igbo guys like slaving for your extended family, like freeing your parents properties to their siblings and watching them treat you bad, walai i don't mind murdering an uncle or two codedly
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Craig24: 8:07pm On Oct 02, 2022
This is Africa! If you're from the East, please, make no mistake of burying your father outside his paternal home in his home town. It is a taboo to bury an African MAN outside his ancestral hometown irrespective of the division in his ancestral family The consequences are dire.

The little things people take for granted pertaining to African customs and traditions are of grave importance in the land of the spirits.

You see those doing traditional marriages and burials in the city today are cooking problems their families won't be able to solve in generations to come.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Nazgul: 8:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
Cooolme:
What part of Nigeria are you from... this would make whatever kind of suggestions I would give much easier.
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Durabest: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2022
Cooolme:
guy do not make that mistakes you are about to make.Don't dare burie your father aside his village maybe you want to burie him twice.
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Cooolme: 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2022
Nazgul:

What part of Nigeria are you from... this would make whatever kind of suggestions I would give much easier.
From the south east sir.
Re: How Do I Go About My Father's Burial Arrangements? by Cooolme: 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2022
Phelixblaq:

I never said our residential building, I meant our city of residence. I'm not a fan of home burial.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Celebrate 6 Years Of Marriage, Regret Later(photos) / If You Have Done It B4 Then You Are A Monster! / Lecturer Caught In The Act **if This Is You Or Your Husband, What Would You Do?*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.