Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 (8091 Views)

Peter Obi: Oil Money Not Paid Into FG Account Since January / ₦98 Billion Oil Pollution Fund Stirs Controversy In Niger Delta Communities / 2018 World Cup: Buhari Appoints Ambode Into FG Delegation To Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by sarrki(m): 10:16pm On May 20, 2021
Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Sam Egube, disclosed this on Thursday, during a ministerial press briefing to mark the second anniversary of Governor Bababjide Sanwo-Olu-led administration in the state, held in Alausa, Ikeja.

This, he said, was according to April 16, 2021, the report by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS). This makes Lagos the highest contributor to the federal purse.

Egube said: “This report shows that we are on course. It is clear proof that the ‘THEMES AGENDA’ of the Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu-led administration is an operational tool that is correctly aligned to our long-term development plan, and hooked up into our Medium Sector Strategy.”

“The THEMES AGENDA remains strong, and all its elements remain relevant. Even in the heart of the pandemic, the pillars held through. It was like Mr. Governor saw the future, despite the headwinds that came against the pillars, such as the health pandemic and the economic downturn, which lead to a revised budget and other tactical maneuvers against the COVID-19 pandemic.”

The commissioner added that the Lagos State Development Plan (LSDP), which encompasses the State Economic Development Policy and guided by the State Development Plan (2012-2025), has been improved on and expanded to a 30-year Development Plan (2021-2051).

“This new perspective plan is necessary to ‘encourage citizens participation (Build Team Lagos); develop our people to drive productivity and protect the vulnerable (Building our Future); drive Lagos readiness and openness for Business (Building our Economy); optimising relevant infrastructure to support our growth (Building our 21st Century Mega-City) and engaging intergovernmental partnership; all these are aimed at improving the quality of lives of Lagosians.

“The LSDP sits at the apex of the planning and budgetary system of the state. The document provides an overall direction for the growth and development of Lagos State. It also provides a framework through which all sectors of the economy can direct their energies and contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of people,” Ebube stated
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/lagos-drops-n428-98bn-into-fg-igr-in-2020-commissioner/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by sarrki(m): 10:19pm On May 20, 2021
Eko onibaje

The reason why we will guide Lagos jealously

Lagos is 50% of Nigeria

Thank you � to all former governors of Lagos

Most especially the architect of Lagos blueprint

Asiwaju God bless you

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by FarahAideed: 10:28pm On May 20, 2021
Lagos has come with this one dimensional data again which when put under the spot light always reveals 36 dimensions to it ..Well I am a certified Lagosian and the city has been a great blessing to me in many way so I will always wish her well ..Eko Oni Baje!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by Simplyleo: 10:32pm On May 20, 2021
[s]
FarahAideed:
Lagos has come with this one dimensional data again which when put under the spot light always reveals 36 dimensions to it ..Well I am a certified Lagosian and the city has been a great blessing to me in many way so I will always wish her well ..Eko Oni Baje!!!!

[/s]
429b is more than double what the combination of Enugu, Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi and Imo contribute in 2 years.

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by FarahAideed: 10:39pm On May 20, 2021
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
429b is more than double what the combination of Enugu, Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi and Imo contribute in 2 years.

If we scrutinize this data now fowl Nyash will open so let's let Lagos bask in it's glory

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by sarrki(m): 10:44pm On May 20, 2021
FarahAideed:

Please present us your data

Mr I too know

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by helinues: 10:50pm On May 20, 2021
Eko for show

1 Like

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by SmartPolician: 12:09am On May 21, 2021
FarahAideed:

Lagos has come with this one dimensional data again which when put under the spot light always reveals 36 dimensions to it ..

Well I am a certified Lagosian and the city has been a great blessing to me in many way so I will always wish her well ..Eko Oni Baje!!!!

This part of your comment is unnecessary

Are you saying the state is lying against the federal government?

Who will scrutinize it, BTW?

What will it take you to congratulate them and walk away?

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by FarahAideed: 12:19am On May 21, 2021
SmartPolician:

This part of your comment is unnecessary

Are you saying the state is lying against the federal government?

Who will scrutinize it, BTW?

What will it take you to congratulate them and walk away?

Did you not see my congratulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by ImmaculateJOE(m): 2:55am On May 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
You need to understand that Anambra State government remit very little of the revenue they generate, they corner the money to themselves.
That's why they are constructing the Anambra International Cargo Airport without borrowing a dime from anybody. And also they have low debt profile compared to even the Almighty Lagos State.

Is like saying that I'm poor because I don't donate much during Church launching.

Lastly FG will use that N429 billion to rehabilitate repentant Boko Haram members and pay ransom to Bandit.

sarrki:
Eko onibaje

The reason why we will guide Lagos jealously

Lagos is 50% of Nigeria

Thank you � to all former governors of Lagos

Most especially the architect of Lagos blueprint

Asiwaju God bless you

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by Fuckyoumod: 4:04am On May 21, 2021
Z
Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by richidinho(m): 4:06am On May 21, 2021
Lolz
Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by Nobody: 4:07am On May 21, 2021
Very soon, they will start comparing Lagos to Enugu. Lol. When they are part of people contributing to the success of Lagos. But why can't they also develop their Enugu? The whole of ibo land doesnt contribute this despite their oil.

Just read the comments and you see how the 6 states in ibo start comparing themselves. They are their own enemies. Always competing with themselves and destroying their works. I have not seen people with such character.

Rubbish

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:14am On May 21, 2021
Lagos State : The State of of firsts!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by winterfell007(m): 4:15am On May 21, 2021
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

You are obviously myopic. You are comparing Lagos economy that's considered as Naija's defacto commercial nerve center to Abia and Imo economy? You are really cynical. Should Lagos be competing with cities who's population aren't even up to 10 million. Be there and forming 'Local Champion'. Lagos is a mega city and should be competing with the likes of Johannesburg, Tokyo, New York, Shanghai and London who are as well considered mega cities due to their population and huge economy. Lagos is a melting pot. Everyone comes down to Lagos and contributes to her burgeoning economy, just the same way London, Tokyo and Johannesburg are melting pots for their respective countries
Have you ever heard Tokyo competing with her sister region like Ossawa? Have you heard that London is competing with Leed city or New York competing with the state of Michigan? Give yourself brain. You should be
ashamed of making that comparism. Lagos is punching far below her belt when compared with other cities who share 'mega city' status with her. Better give yourself brain

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by 9jaRealist: 4:28am On May 21, 2021
FarahAideed:

Gibberish... grin grin grin
>

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by NaMe4: 4:30am On May 21, 2021
winterfell007:

You are obviously myopic. You are comparing Lagos economy that's considered as Naija's defacto commercial nerve center to Abia and Imo economy? You are really cynical. Should Lagos be competing with cities who's population aren't even up to 10 million. Be there and forming 'Local Champion'. Lagos is a mega city and should be competing with the likes of Johannesburg, Tokyo, New York, Shanghai and London who are as well considered mega cities due to their population and huge economy. Lagos is a melting pot. Everyone comes down to Lagos and contributes to her burgeoning economy, just the same way London, Tokyo and Johannesburg are melting pots for their respective countries
Have you ever heard Tokyo competing with her sister region like Ossawa? Have you heard that London is competing with Leed city or New York competing with the state of Michigan? Give yourself brain. You should be
ashamed of making that comparism. Lagos is punching far below her belt when compared with other cities who share 'mega city' status with her. Better give yourself brain

Ethnic 'mumuism' won't allow our people see beyond their noses.
Lagos has not reached reached 30% of its potential, they're busy comparing it with villages.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by GboyegaD(m): 4:32am On May 21, 2021
A state that generates so much in IGR should be more developed that its current state.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by Bola146(f): 4:33am On May 21, 2021
cheesy Eko wenjele cheesy grin You are doing well

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by SouthSouth1914: 4:34am On May 21, 2021
winterfell007:

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by KunleyY19(m): 4:36am On May 21, 2021
And yet to give Lagos Special status na wahala.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by Grace001: 4:41am On May 21, 2021
Mmmm
Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by iampeterben(m): 5:07am On May 21, 2021
Lagos takes the lead for others to follow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by IYANGBALI: 5:12am On May 21, 2021
Aboki states chop more than half of it

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by Ykc2(m): 5:12am On May 21, 2021
You people will not kill me laugh, bayelsa, akwa ibom ,delta state, and river state these are the state paying every state in nigeria ,

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by xclusivedeal(m): 5:25am On May 21, 2021
Lagos state is the glue holding this country together. Many states in Nigeria has nothing to offer, they only know how to receive.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Contributed ₦428.98 Billion Into FG IGR In 2020 by Nobody: 5:26am On May 21, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

You need to understand that Anambra State government remit very little of the revenue they generate, they corner the money to themselves.
That's why they are constructing the Anambra International Cargo Airport without borrowing a dime from anybody. And also they have low debt profile compared to even the Almighty Lagos State.

Is like saying that I'm poor because I don't donate much during Church launching.

Lastly FG will use that N429 billion to rehabilitate repentant Boko Haram members and pay ransom to Bandit.

You called that cement depot a cargo airport

Thats a project of local bricklayers

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Questions Ex-Bayelsa Governor Dickson / More Pictures & Videos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Sokoto / Fashola Renews Call For State Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.