Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Lagos Becoming Mega City: Lagos/Ibadan Metro Complete! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Becoming Mega City: Lagos/Ibadan Metro Complete! (2834 Views)

Soludo Promises To Make Anambra A smart Mega City State(video) / Jimi Agbaje: Lagos Has A Lot Of Work To Do To Maintain Mega City Status / El-rufa’i Moves To Put Kaduna Back On Mega-city Top League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Becoming Mega City: Lagos/Ibadan Metro Complete! by TheStronghold: 7:07pm On May 21, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Lagos Colony, EKo Nigeria, is not Yoruba property, go & do your research properly, Lagos is not a Yoruba word, neither in history did Oduduwa or the Oyo Empire reach or conquer Lagos, The Omo Oba of Benin would have sent them to an early grave for trespassing on his Empire stretching from Benin Town to Porto Novo. Lagos Colony got its independence in 1861, was amalgamated with Southern Nigeria in 1906 by Lord Frederick Lugard, Lagos State is the Property of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, you can pack your imaginary Oduduwa & go back to the forest of Oyo & Ile-Ife. Nonsense & Ingredients.
Yoruba Nation is already in existence. If you don't know that it's a mindset before it becomes a reality you must not be paying attention. I agree with him.

#YorubaNation
Re: Lagos Becoming Mega City: Lagos/Ibadan Metro Complete! by budaatum: 7:23pm On May 21, 2021
QuotaSystem:

Honestly the Honorable impressed me.

I was full of admiration for the man and President Buhari when I used the Abuja - Kaduna train. Particularly loved the extra chilling a/c, USB charging ports, laptop tables and smartly dressed cabin crew. The beautiful station is just the icing on the cake.

If we were progressing at this pace since 1999 we would be launching bullet trains by now, but we are getting there.

God bless Nigeria.

mcjohny asked me why I was proud of being Nigerian. Its that potential we individually have, I told him, especially if we collect the t together.

budaatum:

First, its my country. Second is our immense potential especially after the youths educate themselves, which I see them doing here at Nairaland University. We will after all one day get rid of the old guard or they will just die a natural death and and then those youth will be in charge of turning Nigeria into what they want it to become, and by 2050, if not long before, or by 2100 by the latest, Nigeria will be the new world power and I am proud in advance for what I see we have the capability to achieve.

Not having such faith and hope in Nigeria is like saying I, buda, a Nigerian, is too useless to fulfil my potential which will be a blatant lie considering how much effort I daily put in to educating myself to be sufficiently competent to fulfil my potential. And I can see that I am not the only one who understands that our country Nigeria is whatever we Nigerians make of it, be it bad or the good powerful nation we can all be proud of.

For the short answer please see below.
Re: Lagos Becoming Mega City: Lagos/Ibadan Metro Complete! by Ofodirinwa: 7:45pm On May 21, 2021
MrMaestro:
All that is left for Lagos to make the transition completely is
1. Ban ALL okada.
2. Expand on public transportation methods.
3. Improve road network in the smaller neighborhoods of the state
4. Pressure federal govt to increase electricity capacity.

so take business and money out of private hands, put it in government hands, then complain of unemployment and corruption 2 years later?
Re: Lagos Becoming Mega City: Lagos/Ibadan Metro Complete! by TheStronghold: 7:50pm On May 21, 2021
Ofodirinwa:

so take business and money out of private hands, put it in government hands, then complain of unemployment and corruption 2 years later?
you do realize the government has a responsibility of providing civil service jobs as well right?
Re: Lagos Becoming Mega City: Lagos/Ibadan Metro Complete! by Tinubuadvocate: 7:58pm On May 21, 2021
God continue to spare the life of president Buhari
May your day belong Rotimi Ameachi

God bless our incoming president the visionary leader
President Asiwaju Adekunle Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCON.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Becoming Mega City: Lagos/Ibadan Metro Complete! by adekolaelect(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2021
buckeyemedia:
Lagos Colony, EKo Nigeria, is not Yoruba property, go & do your research properly, Lagos is not a Yoruba word, neither in history did Oduduwa or the Oyo Empire reach or conquer Lagos, The Omo Oba of Benin would have sent them to an early grave for trespassing on his Empire stretching from Benin Town to Porto Novo. Lagos Colony got its independence in 1861, was amalgamated with Southern Nigeria in 1906 by Lord Frederick Lugard, Lagos State is the Property of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, you can pack your imaginary Oduduwa & go back to the forest of Oyo & Ile-Ife. Nonsense & Ingredients.
see how this one no get sense any more.we are celebrating infrastructure here you are claiming the highest level of stupidity. I can't blame you .you always celebrating unrest and Terrorist in your region .we can't expect any good from you .can you tell us if mistakingly division come where do Lagos belong to .we tell you go school you no gree only what you leaned is pride which is running your lives everyday.wher do Lagos belong to in Nigeria map? Ordinary cow rustler knows where Lagos belong to.

Re: Lagos Becoming Mega City: Lagos/Ibadan Metro Complete! by Nobody: 6:03am On May 22, 2021
Some people are already planning how to burn it down.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Allow Bandits To Guard Our Forests For Peace To Reign, Sheikh Gumi Says / I Will Deactivate My Account If Amaechi VS Tinubu Wins APC Primaries: Get In Her / NOW: Money Can't Give Tinubu Victory - Senator Al-makura Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.