Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,716 members, 7,813,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Please Help Before My Friend - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help Before My Friend (24738 Views)

My Friend Paid N400k To Secure A Job That Pays N50k Monthly / Pls I Need Help Before I Run Mad! (BSc Philosophy) / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Before My Friend by Ndipe(m): 7:08am On May 22, 2021
I wasnt even aware that small businesses like shops are subject to taxation as well. Does the government also levy provision stores/kiosk?

maasoap:

That's the handwork of the extortionists. I know that shops are to pay annual rates which shouldn't be more than 5k to local government and the collection is not even constant, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Before My Friend by pascal558(m): 7:35am On May 22, 2021
mrphysics:

Read my previous responses bro. The guy is liable to the above taxes.

Most of these businesses evade tax even when they make profit. For his tax to get up to 200k, you should know he's making profit (well, I don't know shaaa). But when tax enforcers clamps on them, they seek for stories like this.

If truly he's not making profit, then the blame is on the field agents. Normally, they are told to avoid little businesses so as not to kill it. But if you are making gains, the state would want to benefit from it.

For instance when you buy a land and want to register same, the taxes and fees you are supposed to pay is beyond you. It's very big. Lots of them on those legal documents. But I tell my colleagues to only request for Stamp duty on Power of Attorney, Deed of Sale and nothing more. Otherwise, it will be too much.

*High NEPA bills
*Vigilante money
*Daily fuel
*shop rent
*Multiple tax/levies

In his case he buys blocks maybe thrice a week. how will a young business make profit with the above?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Before My Friend by mrphysics(m): 7:42am On May 22, 2021
pascal558:

*High NEPA bills
*Vigilante money
*Daily fuel
*shop rent
*Multiple tax/levies

In his case he buys blocks maybe thrice a week. how will a young business make profit with the above?
You are right bro.

The major problem is not even the tax but the fact that the money/revenue is not well used by government. They use it to empower their party faithful, award contracts to themselves.

If politicians utilize revenue from tax in enhancing or even building industries to employ more people, it would have been much better.
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by mrphysics(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2021
Ndipe:
I wasnt even aware that small businesses like shops are subject to taxation as well. Does the government also levy provision stores/kiosk?

Those are local government tax.
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by tonididdy(m): 7:44am On May 22, 2021
NazareneMonk:

he is not owing,due to the stuffs I told you he could not meetup the normal 6mpnths payment, so he paid what he could afford which was 3months,half of his usual rent and it expires next Month. He is not willing to continue,the multiple taxes frustrated him already and all he needs now is how to get his stuffs out in one piece. But the revenue board have threatened to jail him if he sets foot on that shop.
Jail ke.
Unless he's willing to continue living in the area otherwise is an overnight something, if you know what I mean
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by tonididdy(m): 7:45am On May 22, 2021
No business can survive like this... No business
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by ultimateprof: 7:55am On May 22, 2021
If your guy can relocate to any state in the North and start something there. In the North, no tax, no police harassment, no driving license before you can drive, no need to have ID card before you move around, you can drive car without plate number, nobody will ask you for any particulars, house rent and food are affordable, school fee is very cheap, etc.
Kaduna, Jos, Kastina or Zaria in Kaduna state. Let him think about any of this state.

The gods are wise!
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by Expresswriter: 8:18am On May 22, 2021
200k tax?

How?

In less than 1 year?

Let him consult a lawyer.
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by Temp21: 8:35am On May 22, 2021
What state is he? If it has anything to do FIRS, I will help (free or charge). Reply asap.
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by cosmos1440: 8:43am On May 22, 2021
Temp21:
What state is he? If it has anything to do FIRS, I will help (free or charge). Reply asap.

He won't reply.

A trained fish farmer got a loan and used the loan to start a
beer parlour
where he is required to pay tax on excess of 200,000naira . Everybody has been asking him of the state, but refused to give the name of the state.
The OP is a scammer
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by fawaz22(m): 8:45am On May 22, 2021
If this one start yahoo yahoo now.government go dey pursue ham again
They couldn't employ us, but the are fast to take away our source of income
The system is faulty
Too many agencies we dont know who to believe
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by oka4ugoo: 8:51am On May 22, 2021
budaatum:

It really is annoying that people do not do what you've proposed here. Its like its too much work, and many will pay a bribe instead of doing this work without realising you pay once you will forever keep paying because the collectors will keep returning, when the truth is this is what should be done to change the system and make it work since a lot of these collectors were not sent by their boss and have no plan to pay the money they collect from you to the government on who's behalf they are telling you they are collecting it.

I said it here. We all need to become responsible for standing up for what is right and proper instead of irresponsibly blaming Buhari or government or Desmond Eliot whoever the fuq that might be!

Na ignorance be the problem. I hope the young writes to the appropriate authorities, if he can't he should approach someone who can do that on his behalf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Before My Friend by pascal558(m): 9:55am On May 22, 2021
cosmos1440:

He won't reply.

A trained fish farmer got a loan and used the loan to start a where he is required to pay tax on excess of 200,000naira . Everybody has been asking him of the state, but refused to give the name of the state.
The OP is a scammer

Read well before assuming.

NazareneMonk:
lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, Dominique please I will appreciate if you can push this to front page so we can get advice from lawyers in the house.

The incident happened in Edo state, I have some images of the tax Slip and the shop. To make matters worse his house and shop are kinda together which makes him somehow homeless.

lastly, do you know how much it will take to rear fish? you can only secure small loans without collaterals,not such big loans. You also need a land and a water source.
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by writeprof(m): 12:00pm On May 22, 2021
Your friend should retrace his steps back to God. He went into a very wrong business as he could have just used the money to start his farm business no matter how small. He has been helped to shut down the business. Let it be that way as he sort his accommodation and go back to any other business or get a job no matter how small. Farming vegetables alone is a big business. God will open our eyes in this country.
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by jmichael259(m): 2:58pm On May 22, 2021
Esseite:

You just mention 10ways to kill an entreprenuer..

You are advising someone to move from structured business to story business..

His options are not limited to whatever it is you perceived from my comment.
He's no longer in business according to the post. He's also facing quit notice both at home and shop which he seems hopeless in finding a remedy. He needs advy on a way to find daily bread and then later he can figure out how to settle his debts.
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by showafrica(m): 4:35pm On May 22, 2021
FarahAideed:
Any tax not based on your profit is not a tax but extortion ...How did they arrive at 200k ? What state is this ?

This is why Nigerians fall for Ponzi schemes, if he had used that money join one ponzi and it crashes, you will see blamers. Govt killls businesses in Nigeria and if you weigh doing business in Nigeria and the risk of ponzi schemes, you will realize they are almost the same.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Before My Friend by Gfskw: 7:24pm On May 22, 2021
Think for yourself
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by debbydee(f): 8:21pm On May 22, 2021
OP don run
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by cosmos1440: 8:16am On May 23, 2021
pascal558:

Read well before assuming.

lastly, do you know how much it will take to rear fish? you can only secure small loans without collaterals,not such big loans. You also need a land and a water source.

You don't need much to start a fish farm . In short with 100k, you can start, as long as there is a ready source of water (well or borehole), a good outlet to flush the water (gutter) and a little piece of land (eg. a backyard space).
I do other things and I use fish farming as a side hustle. In short, I started my fish farm with less than 50k.

If you are trained in fisheries, why go into sale of beer when you got a loan ?
Once again, I insist , his story is doesn't add up.
Re: Please Help Before My Friend by maasoap(m): 1:49pm On May 23, 2021
Ndipe:

Yes, just for owing shop, that even include POS kiosk. The amount is just like an annual tokens, even with receipt. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N100k Job In Ibadan Or N200k Job In VI Lagos / Why It Is So Dificult To Get A Job With A 2.2? / Help Am About To Leave My 100,000 Paying Job To Start A Bakery Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.