Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,671 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

"taloq Taloq Taloq," - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / "taloq Taloq Taloq," (1457 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"taloq Taloq Taloq," by snthesis(m): 9:28am On Apr 29, 2011
hi to my muslim brethen- i read sumtin really funny (to me atleast grin)
if a muslim woman receives the message "Taloq taloq taloq," on her cell phone, it means she has been officially divorced from her husband. now does this make sense, its totally unfair to the woman regardless of the number of children involved esp wen Muslim women are not allowed to divorce their husbands, except in rare cases. All a man has to do to end a relationship is to utter verbally or by text "Taloq taloq taloq,". i tink islam oppresses the women folk.
Re: "taloq Taloq Taloq," by Sweetnecta: 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i will not marry a woman once and divorce her 3 times. it is not sensible similar to 3 gods in 1 God or 1 God in 3 gods of the trinity.

it is a good thing that you correct yourself that woman can divorce her husband for those rare reasons. it is the same rare reasons that a man may have for divorcing his wife. no man can wake up in the morning and say i divorce you to a wife who has done him no evil. if such a man exist, know that there is something wrong with him.

the oppression of women by muslim men is not sanctioned by Islam. i will not say the same about the way the Bible describes the women, if we start by the fact that Eve had to carry the whole blame on herself, while Adam was cleared from it.

marriage is a very serious thing in islam. so many things go into it, including contract [pre nuptual agreement/contract], etc inclusing representation of the woman. divorce is such equally a serious thing and it does not happen very lightly, if people are serious about islam. they are God conscious always, so they just don't walk away from one another as if it has been a casual chance of encounter.

please learn about islam and you will know by that knowledge who is a true muslim and those who say they are muslim, but far from the religion.
Re: "taloq Taloq Taloq," by LagosShia: 10:25pm On Apr 29, 2011
the method of talaq/divorce differs among muslims.it depends on the school of thought you follow.there are four sunni schools of thought:hanbali,shafie,maliki and hanafi.there is one shia school of thought known as the Ja'fari Shia Madhab.Madhab=school thought.

in the Jafari Shia madhab,you cannot divorce a wife by simplying screaming "divorce" thrice!

http://www.al-islam.org/womanrights/9.htm

http://www.al-islam.org/laws/divorce.html

http://www.al-islam.org/laws/
Re: "taloq Taloq Taloq," by olawalebabs(m): 7:24pm On Apr 30, 2011
'Divorce is an act that is permissable by Allah, but Allah dont like it' so when talking about divorce, there is nothing like joke in the matter, we must be carefull when partners are dealing with it. Women are allow to divorce men in islam. Read surat Tolaq for detail information.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Influential Igbo Muslims / Today's Muslims Can Never Obey Allah? / Why We (Shia Muslims) Dislike Umar Ibn Alkhattab And He Is No Golden Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.