Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Why Is The Nigerian Armed Forces Sleeping On Issues Of National Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Nigerian Armed Forces Sleeping On Issues Of National Security (257 Views)

Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2023 / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2021 / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2020). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Nigerian Armed Forces Sleeping On Issues Of National Security by cybertruss(m): 9:30am On May 22, 2021
I don't understand how ISWAPS was able to overpower Boko haram. A feat the Nigerian Armed forces have been unable to do. This exposes one big fact that our Armed forces are unwilling to end terror even though they are capable. I believe our army should be stronger than ISWAP. This is actually a big shame.

With the news of injury or death of Shekau. I expect the Armed forces to investigate fast and launch an offensive within 2 days. However, it seems that our Armed forces are waiting for the wounds on the terrorist to heal before launching offensive.

In war, one should know when to attack and when to withdraw. The Nigerian military are not making use of this opportunity and they seemed to be waiting for the wounds to heal or for ISWAP to send more support soldiers.

If the Nigeria military couldn't capture Shekau and ISWAP did it successfully in a day, then Nigeria is in trouble. This is because ISWAP seems to be more stronger and organized. However, the war theater is not mathematics but mathematically the Nigerian military might not be able to overpower the new terrorist group if Shekau' s bomb did not kill all the leaders of iswap as well.

What actually are our military waiting for. I don't expect the death of the chief of staff to affect anything. As this is an issue of national security. In military, I don't know about Nigeria, such issue is not taken lightly. I expect Mr. President to lead this offensive until he get another chief of staff. That's if he is sincere in the fight.
Re: Why Is The Nigerian Armed Forces Sleeping On Issues Of National Security by DropsMic(m): 9:35am On May 22, 2021
There is none as blind as those who will not see
Re: Why Is The Nigerian Armed Forces Sleeping On Issues Of National Security by donbachi(m): 9:41am On May 22, 2021
Ask a goat to lead lions.wont lead them well..but,Ask a lion to lead goats.the lion will lead them well...na the case of nigeria be dat.goats in power.
Re: Why Is The Nigerian Armed Forces Sleeping On Issues Of National Security by PissfulProtester: 9:42am On May 22, 2021
It's obvious the Nigerian army is cashing out big time from the fight against Boko Haram
Re: Why Is The Nigerian Armed Forces Sleeping On Issues Of National Security by 1beat(m): 9:43am On May 22, 2021
You try but is a game stay back and watch

(1) (Reply)

2023: Olusegun Obasanjo For President! / DO NOT GET TRICKED INTO BRINGING CHAOS, CONFUSION and CATASTROPHE! - IGBO NATION / Bandits In Kaduna - The Monster you Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.