Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,097 members, 7,859,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:51 PM

Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! (1081 Views)

Rivers Governorship Rerun: A Golden Opportunity To Shut The Mouth Of APC / Peter Obi’s Sordid Affair With Dora Akunyili / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Dandas: 10:20am On Apr 29, 2011
Since the results of Anambra Central Senatorial Election was announced and Ngige declared winner,Prof. Dora Akunyili has been making offensive statements that the election was not fair and free.So Dora is power anxious?.what a shame!.Neither Ngige nor Akunyili have i ever come in contact with.I am not even from Anambra state,but my school days was in Anambra state right from the beginining of Nigeria democracy-1999,and i have been there and witnessed many elections before i left the state.Simply put,i can give you details of Anambra politics more than my home state.Hence before this election,i posted in this forum that "Anambra central senatorial election-the most watch out"and it came to pass.As far as Anambra state is concerned,Ngige is the most popular candidate,quote me anywhere.He is even popular than the incumbent governor,Mr.Peter Obi.In igboland,there is a saying that"Nnukwu mmanwu puta,ogbodu awala oso"that means when a big masqurade come out,all other ones will run away and surrender.If Akunyili had known that a big masqurade has entered and she surrender or maintain her ministerial post,she wouldnt have subjected herself to this defeat.Consider it,Akunyili,the governor Mr.Peter Obi,APGA National chairman,Mr victor Umeh,all of them are from the same Agulu,Nanka side,and three of them combined their political forces to fight Ngige,yet Ngige overcome them.Apart from that,Akunyili even though she ran to APGA,she is also being backed up by President Jonathan,yet the mighty Ngige floor them all.Now tell me why "Dora Akunyili Should not keep her mouth shut and accept her defeat".Ngige is indeed a big Masqurade!.The people just like him for liberating the state from political and economic bondage which corrupt politicians including Uba brothers thrown Anambra State into for long.As 'ONWA" goes to senate,we wish him well.He is over qualified.Akunyili should stop all these nasty statements and go back to take care of her family.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by femi93: 11:07am On Apr 29, 2011
i used to respect her, but it appears she's a chameleon. Truly, attitude is like smoke, it can never be covered, it wil surely erupt. What a shame, she's lost so nothing can be done.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by farous(m): 11:27am On Apr 29, 2011
Well said.Let her people advise her.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Gbawe: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
farous:

Well said.Let her people advise her.
The sad thing is that she seemed to have burnt her political bridges as well with how she Left GEJ's Government for APGA while saying emotional things that should have been kept out of the public domain i.e "I left the GEJ Government to save my marriage" .
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Rossikk(m): 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
She should never have left her position as a federal minister to start contesting election with the likes of Ngige in Anambra state. It was actually a pretty dumb thing to do. When she was doing it I was like ''WTF is wrong with this woman?''

It's like she thought Nigeria was her kitchen where she can do anything she likes, and win.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2011
Bytch is a loser. . .abeg let her cry fery wella.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Gbawe: 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
Rossikk:

She should never have left her position as a federal minister to start contesting election with the likes of Ngige in Anambra state. It was actually a pretty dumb thing to do. When she was doing it I was like ''WTF is wrong with this woman?''

It's like she thought Nigeria was her kitchen where she can do anything she likes, and win.

It seems she has miscalculated grossly. She cannot get a Job with GEJ either because she left his Government to "save her marriage" and to move to a Party, the APGA, " that fosters peace and unity unlike the PDP ". I really don't see any way back for her. Besides, Jonathan has a lot of folks to compensate (Iyabo, Dimeji, Alao-Akala, et al ) and I don't think a "disloyal" former employee will be on his list.

http://www.republicreport.com/i-left-pdp-to-save-my-marriage-%E2%80%94akunyili/

AWKA–Former Minister of Information and Communications, Prof. Dora Akunyili, on Thursday said her husband, Dr. Chike Akunyili, forced her to quit the Peoples Democratic Party.
Akunyili, who left the PDP last December to contest the Anambra Central Senatorial seat on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, said her husband could no longer accept the violent nature of the PDP in Anambra State.
She recalled how she called a stakeholders’ meeting of the PDP in Awka in 2010 after the party lost the governorship election, saying developments at the meeting shocked her husband, who gave a choice between her marriage and the PDP.

She said some PDP members organised hoodlums, who released teargas cannisters at the meeting venue and sent everyone scampering to safety. “There and then, my husband asked me to choose between my marriage to him and attending PDP meetings,” she said.
Akunyili said in contrast with the situation in the PDP in Anambra State, APGA was fostering peace and unity, fostered by the Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi
On her campaign for the forthcoming National Assembly election, she lamented the high cost of electioneering in Nigeria, but said she had been able to sustain her campaigns because of the goodwill she enjoyed from people both in Nigeria and abroad.
She said, Akunyili said, “Politics is a rough and difficult terrain. It is crazy. It saps one emotionally. When you are dealing with agbero politicians, it becomes more stressful.
“My experience in the field is bad. There are all sorts of campaigns of calumny, but I am happy I have overcome all of them. I have to go to the market and dance like a crazy person.”

Written By Emmanuel Obe, Awka
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by MaiSuya(m): 2:37pm On Apr 29, 2011
so is this the end of the political road for our dear Dora? sad
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Arosa(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
She would have made a brilliant senator. Naija has lost a great opportunity to . . lipsrsealed
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by onyengbu: 2:51pm On Apr 29, 2011
Of course this is not the end for madam.
In 2014 when ngige returns to complete his governorship adventure, she can then go and represent us in the senate.
Its not over for madam.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by mbulela: 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2011
^^^^^^
you are indeed a funny character.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Onlytruth(m): 3:15pm On Apr 29, 2011
@Gbawe,

I hate it when folks make up stories to shore up their otherwise weak positions.

Dora Akunyili NEVER said that she left the "GEJ government" to save her marriage. She said she left PDP to save her marriage. Both are not the same thing, and any responsible woman would, because I speculate that dem don nyash all those PDP women tire. cool

As for her losing this election, people should remember that she lost by not up to 300 votes. It not only shows that she engaged a really big masquerade in Anambra; it shows that she is REALLY popular because only FEW would even come close to Ngige in today's Anambra state.

So, folks should spare us their condescending trash and mind their own states.

The Onwa of Anambra state is one of our political assets. If you value him at ACN, then make him your Presidential Candidate in 2015. Else, folks should just STFU!
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by farous(m): 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2011
Ngige won by slight margin because Obi and APGA chairman were backing Dora and she is their sister and rigging the election so that she can win.Without all these people by her side,do u think she can even get this kind of votes?.Definetly NO!.Who is backing Ngige,other than the masses?.So let nobody compare Ngige and Dora as far as Anambra state is concerned.Even the present governor,Mr. Peter Obi,Ngige won the election,just that the governor and his election riggers played their way,otherwise,on a level playing ground,can Obi withstand Ngige?.Dora made a mistake by resigning as a minister of communications,when she know that a big fish like Ngige is about to enter the race.Anywhere,she has already made the mistake,its only her that knows her next political move.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Onlytruth(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2011
. . . and I would add that Dr Dora Akunyili would have made a better senator BY FAR.
She is COMPLETELY FEARLESS, and as a result, can speak out in defense of our interests at the national assembly without hesitation or equivocation.  cool

Much as I like Onwa (Ngige) a lot, I see him as a pure politician who may hesitate before saying anything that can jeopardize his personal political position. Ngige would make a great chief executive -state or federal - because he understands diplomacy and deft politics. He would not make a good senator at all.

We just lost an opportunity to have a SOLID voice at the senate.  cool
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Gbawe: 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Gbawe,

I hate it when folks make up stories to shore up their otherwise weak positions.

Dora Akunyili NEVER said that she left the "GEJ government" to save her marriage. She said she left PDP to save her marriage. Both are not the same thing, and any responsible woman would, because I speculate that dem don nyash all those PDP women tire. cool

As for her losing this election, people should remember that she lost by not up to 300 votes. It not only shows that she engaged a really big masquerade in Anambra; it shows that she is REALLY popular because only FEW would even come close to Ngige in today's Anambra state.

So, folks should spare us their condescending trash and mind their own states.

The Onwa of Anambra state is one of our political assets. If you value him at ACN, then make him your Presidential Candidate in 2015. Else, folks should just STFU!

The classic retort of the protectionist area champion . My friend , you are on a Nigerian forum and we are discussing a Nigerian state and Nigerian[b] politicians [/b]so grow up !!!
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by kawkab: 3:43pm On Apr 29, 2011
Dora overated herself, simple.

Though she fought a good fight against a formidable candidate like Ngige, she should keep quiet at this time and start mapping out strategies for the next political dispensation.

APGA also contributed to Dora's problem, how would a Governor, Senator and Party National  Chairman all be from the same village.  This also worked against her because it caused some form of disaffection.

However, Dora is still a good candidate any day, anytime.  If not for someone like ngige, she would have won.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Onlytruth(m): 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2011
Yes, she lost because she contested against Ngige, and Anambra state love Ngige. Simple.

I speculate that a lot of people that voted for Ngige over Akunyili don't even know the difference between a senator and a governor.

Anambra state just lost an opportunity to have a fearless voice at the senate.

ACN should draft Ngige as their presidential candidate in 2015. If they know what is good for them. Ngige would make a great president. cool
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Onlytruth(m): 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2011
Posted by: Gbawe
The classic retort of the protectionist area champion . My friend , you are on a Nigerian forum and we are discussing a Nigerian state and Nigerian politicians so grow up !!!

My friend sharrap dia!
You come here twisting things and trying to score a cheap point thinking no one would challenge you. undecided

You lied against Akunyili and I called you out. End of story.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by onyengbu: 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2011
Again people should not blame madam so much.
Ngige late in the contest.

If she knew ngige was going to contest, i doubt she woulda resigned from her post to challenge him.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by Gbawe: 4:14pm On Apr 29, 2011
Onlytruth:

My friend sharrap dia!
You come here twisting things and trying to score a cheap point thinking no one would challenge you. undecided

Twist what ? Did she not resign her appointment in the GEJ Government to contest as a Senatorial candidate for the APGA ? Did her husband ask her to do that? In so doing it is obvious she and her husband consider her job in the GEJ Government to mean she is still under the PDP banner otherwise she could have remained in her job , in GEJ's government, and just shunned Partisan politics like many Ministers do. It ain't rocket science .

By telling folks to "mind their state" you are only showing your small-mindedness .  You are only miffed those not from her region are discussing Akunyili. That is your real problem . Once again , I will tell you to grow up and start thinking outside the limited range you set for yourself. I don't know what folks like you are doing on a Nigerian forum when , from the way you talk, you are better off on a forum for people from your State alone.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by farous(m): 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2011
May be Obi and victor umeh will provide her next thing to do.APGA governor of Anambra state,national chairman of APGA,Senator Anambra Central(Dora),all coming from same town.Thats family club.Though Dora is very qualified as well like Ngige,but very unlucky,two of them(Ngige and Dora) come from Anambra central.If one of them had come say from Anambra North,or South,surely,two of them will win their respective senatorial zone and that will be a very good thing to Nigeria.Imagine Ngige and Dora in senate.But since she is unlucky to have Ngige coming from same zone with her,she would have remain in her ministerial post,knowing that with Ngige,her chances of making it very very slim.
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by texazzpete(m): 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
Onlytruth:

My friend sharrap dia!

Without the strong-arm tactics of Peter Obi, akunyili would never have even won at the primaries.

Good thing for us all that this greedy, scheming woman has been discarded by the electorate even with all the APGA machinery trying desperately to rig her into power.
When the list of the most incompetent ministers to ever serve in Nigeria is compiled, Dora surely will make top five!
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by friedrice1: 9:39pm On Apr 29, 2011
texazzpete:

Without the strong-arm tactics of Peter Obi, akunyili would never have even won at the primaries.

Good thing for us all that this greedy, scheming woman has been discarded by the electorate even with all the APGA machinery trying desperately to rig her into power.
When the list of the most incompetent ministers to ever serve in Nigeria is compiled, Dora surely will make top five!

I strongly Agree
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by nigger009(m): 12:38pm On May 24, 2011
I don't even know that some of us here knew about the manipulation of Peter Obi and his folks in the so called Independent INEC in Anambra state. It is obvious that Peter Obi owned the back door of Anambra state Inec. He rigged himself smartly into that seat in last years election, now he wants to do same for Dora which he did but did not succeed because Ngige and other reasonable Anambrariams knew his deeds and what he intends to do. As for Dr. Dora, any reasonable and truthful Nigerian will understand and see clearly that she is greedy and selfish. She started blocking her chances right from the time of campaigne, she says anything even to the length of using offensive words against her opponent, Loading,
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by nigger009(m): 12:38pm On May 24, 2011
I don't even know that some of us here knew about the manipulation of Peter Obi and his folks in the so called Independent INEC in Anambra state. It is obvious that Peter Obi owned the back door of Anambra state Inec. He rigged himself smartly into that seat in last years election, now he wants to do same for Dora which he did but did not succeed because Ngige and other reasonable Anambrariams knew his deeds and what he intends to do. As for Dr. Dora, any reasonable and truthful Nigerian will understand and see clearly that she is greedy and selfish. She started blocking her chances right from the time of campaigne, she says anything even to the length of using offensive words against her opponent, Loading,
Re: Dora Akunyili Should Keep Her Mouth Shut And Accept Her Defeat! by nwaafo1: 6:29pm On May 24, 2011
Rubbish post

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Ministry Bans Sale Of Daily Trust Bcoz Of Gej / Images: Occupy Nigeria Protesters Occupy Nigerian Embassy In London / Northeners Fleeing Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.