Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years (1130 Views)

Governors Receive N30bn Each To Reduce Hardships – Akpabio / Greenfield University: "We Paid N180m For The Release Of Our Children" - Parents / Dino Melaye Acquires 2 Bullet Proof Cars Worth N726,000,000 - Tunde Ednut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 22, 2021
Lagos State former Governors receive cars worth at least N180M every three years courtesy of the life pension passed by former governor Bola Tinubu in 2007.

With the minumum price set at a pricely N20 million per car comes to N180 million naira. However, we know Lagos leaders have a taste for luxury and armoured Toyota,Lexus and Range Rovers in their convoy, and are given a black cheque to choose any cars they desire which can bring the total value close to N500 million naira.

The repeal of the pension law announced recently by current governor Sanwo-Olu couldn't come soon enough.

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Xscape1993(m): 7:03pm On May 22, 2021
What a country rule by unfortunate people! Where is our human conscience? I don't know why made me a Nigerian. Emblezement upon emblezement In a country where poverty is the order of the day.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by SureDesign: 7:04pm On May 22, 2021
He should enjoy .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 22, 2021
Xscape1993:
What a country rule by unfortunate people! Where is our human conscience? I don't know why made me a Nigerian. Emblezement upon emblezement In a country where poverty is the order of the day.
This is barefaced legal robbery was even back by law that is the saddest thing.

David Cameron could never try this kind of rubbish in United Kingdom even though their annual budget is close to two thrillion pounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7lfHL_l1w

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Tomide007: 7:13pm On May 22, 2021
I don't understand what Tinubu's picture is doing there. Are the cars for him?.....just saw ex
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 22, 2021
Tomide007:
I don't understand what Tinubu's picture is doing there. Are the cars for him?
Fashola and Tinubu are the only two governors to serve two terms, so they have been enjoying six new cars every three years. Ambode served only one term, so was not a beneficiary, neither were the one term Deputy Governors.
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 22, 2021
Tomide007:
I don't understand what Tinubu's picture is doing there. Are the cars for him?

https://www.nairaland.com/2138355/bullet-proof-cars-tinubu-flew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ9Ii2l2p2Q
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 22, 2021
powerbank100:
What a waste land.
Lagosians should thank God for answering their prayers now Sanwo-Olu just sent a bill to repeal it. They now need to pray so the 10% commission Alpha Beta has been receiving since 2003 is also repealed.
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 22, 2021
It is vice president osinbajo,who is the pastor of rccg that signed the pension law for ex gov when he was commissioner.A pastor for that matter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 22, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Lagosians should thank God for answering their prayers now Sanwo-Olu just sent a bill to repeal it. They now need to pray so the 10% commission Alpha Beta has been receiving since 2003 is also repealed.
Will he returned the pension and cars that he has been receiving as ex gov all these years?They are not official cars O.They are his personal cars.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by BigSarah(f): 7:49pm On May 22, 2021
It's a rich state, they can afford it.
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 22, 2021
BigSarah:
It's a rich state, they can afford it.
In America they call people like you coons. The coons were the blacks slaves that always defended their master because the worked in the main house and were not picking cottons in the field. They always defended their masters when the cotton picking slaves complained.

A rich state that cannot provide portable water, social security payment for the large number of agberos casuing nuisances on the roads and were the governors have to go abroad for medical treatment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by BigSarah(f): 8:08pm On May 22, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

In America they call people like you coons. The coons were the blacks slaves that always defended their master because the worked in the main house and were not picking cottons in the field. They always defended their masters when the cotton picking slaves complained.

A rich state that cannot provide portable water, social security payment for the large number of agberos casuing nuisances on the raods were the governors have to go abroad for medical treatement.

They've got good stats, states with worse indices also give governors similar privileges.. That's my point not saying it's right tho
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 22, 2021
Joysticks:
It is vice president osinbajo,who is the pastor of rccg that signed the pension law for ex gov when he was commissioner.A pastor for that matter.
Bukola Saraki referred to him as a mere Commissioner, he has no backbone and will do whatever his master pleases. If his master tells him to jump, he would ask how high.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Cholls(m): 8:10pm On May 22, 2021
My brother not surprised Lagos get money
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 22, 2021
BigSarah:

They've got good stats, states with worse indices also give governors similar privileges.. That's my point not saying it's right tho
Why don't you show me a state or province in Netherlands,United Kingdom,Switzerland,Canada,United States,Japan that have similar provisions.

Good stats in which area:

Electricity
Portable Water
Road network
Sanitation
Education facilities
Healthcare
Social Security.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 22, 2021
Cholls:
My brother not surprised Lagos get money

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by jrjfjfj: 8:28pm On May 22, 2021
i wonder how a flat headed person will come from the red muddy,landlocked and unproductive Southeast and come to lagos with bathroom slippers and nylon bag with 2 clothes ,then begin to command and dictate how Yorubaland is being governed .They will begin to castigate and critized all Yoruba leaders and demonized them ,meanwhile their own leaders have destroyed and looted the hell out of their resources and turn their region to a shithole.But they deem it fit to spoil ,eroded ,and degregade Yoruba leaders and paint Igbo leaders as Saint .Orji kalu a theif,criminal and an exconvict looted abia state to the bottom and turned abia to a shithole but they turned a blind eye to that and fixate their mind ,body and soul to tinubu

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 22, 2021
jrjfjfj:
i wonder how a flat headed person will come from the red muddy,landlocked and unproductive Southeast and come to lagos with bathroom slippers and nylon bag with 2 clothes ,then begin to command and dictate how Yorubaland is being governed .They will begin to castigate and critized all Yoruba leaders and demonized them ,meanwhile their own leaders have destroyed and looted the hell out of their resources and turn their region to a shithole.But they deem it fit to spoil ,eroded ,and degregade Yoruba leaders and paint Igbo leaders as Saint .Orji kalu a theif,criminal and an exconvict looted abia state to the bottom and turned abia to a shithole but they turned a blind eye to that and fixate their mind ,body and soul to tinubu
There will always be a slave defending the gluttony of his master. And that is why George Orwell wrote Animal Farm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by moriss33(m): 8:56pm On May 22, 2021
Apt response for the tribalistic fool above

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 22, 2021
moriss33:
Apt response for the tribalistic fool above
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by jrjfjfj: 10:06pm On May 22, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

There will always be a slave defending the gluttony of his master. And that is why George Orwell wrote Animal Farm.
Go critize Orji kalu and leave tinubu alone ,he is not the cause of your misfortune
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 3:13am On May 23, 2021
jrjfjfj:
Go critize Orji kalu and leave tinubu alone ,he is not the cause of your misfortune
The slaves will always defend their masters like George Orwell stated.
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Praxis758: 3:26am On May 23, 2021
Those who continue to benefit from the downfall will never be sincere to lift it up.

The only mission a frontier monkey does in a banana plantation is to lead other hungry monkeys to the ripen part of the plantation.

I hope my proverb is sensible.
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 4:53am On May 23, 2021
Praxis758:
Those who continue to benefit from the downfall will never be sincere to lift it up.

The only mission a frontier monkey does in a banana plantation is to lead other hungry monkeys to the ripen part of the plantation.

I hope my proverb is sensible.
Pirates in search of buried treasure.

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by fregeneh(m): 5:42am On May 23, 2021
Gov sanya'olu sometimes last year during the public out cry that followed endsars protest that he going to stop the exe governor pension, only for him to keep mum about since then
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by DMechyy: 5:49am On May 23, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 6:41am On May 23, 2021
fregeneh:
Gov sanya'olu sometimes last year during the public out cry that followed endsars protest that he going to stop the exe governor pension, only for him to keep mum about since then
He recently sent the bill to the House of Assembly. His godfather is still chopping 10% commission on Lagos state IGR through Alpha Beta, so the pension is peanuts to him.

Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 27, 2021
Re: Lagos Ex-Governors Receive Six Cars Worth At Least N180M-N500M Every Three Years by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 27, 2021
In 1999 Lagos state had a modest convoy consisting of Peaugeot 504's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ZXlie6JMk

They now have the world's most expensive convoy for any state governor in the world. You won't find a former state governor or Premier in United States,Canada,Switzerland,Italy,Japan,United Kingdom moving with the most expensive armoured luxury vehicles in the world.

(1) (Reply)

The West Only Began To Enjoy Constant Light In The 1960s, So Nigeria Is On Track / With The Recent Backlash, Will IPOB & ESN Remain Relevant In S.Eastern Nigeria / ESN : Nigeria police native doctor killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.