Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? (12671 Views)

Adeboye On Death Of Son, Dare: I Cannot Complain, Blame Or Question God / Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Swinger60(f): 11:57am On May 23, 2021
yes, the day I watched my sister die in my hands.

It broke my heart that I prayed to God to heal her, and, rather than getting well, she died.

I went mad. couldn't pray for months.

But, my mother restored my hope and faith in God again.

she told me that my sister was a gift from God, and the owner of gift has taken his gift back.

what right do I have to complain?
what right to I have to get mad? /angry?

2 Likes

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Trustedpronet: 12:00pm On May 23, 2021
Even pikin wey dem never born dey complain. This one no be talk I beg.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Kingsleystunner(m): 12:01pm On May 23, 2021
Ctorch:
Has Life Circumstances Made you complain bitterly against God

Has Life Circumstances Made you complain bittter against God? Is what you are passing through in this life made you complain bittterly against God even to the extent of changing your name.

Let's look at an old testament figure in Ruth chapter one about a woman called Naomi. Naomi left Bethlehem Judah to Moab with her husband and two sons Mahlon and Chilon and there in foreign land the husband and two sons died-- Such a predicament befalling a woman at her age but something happened.

When Naomi began to sojourn back from Moab and if you read Ruth 1 vs 19 “ So they two went until they came to Bethlehem. And it came to pass when were come to Bethlehem that all the CITY WAS MOVED ABOUT THEM AND THEY SAID, IS THIS NAOMI?

Looking at the passage the people were moved and they began to ask questions
1. Is this how life has kept Naomi
2. Is this how Situation/Circumstances has mesmerized this woman
3. Is this how the world has turned against this woman?
4. Is this Naomi that we used to know?
5. Is this how this woman Naomi that left Bethlehem with her husband and two sons nows looks like?
Has people asked such questions to you due to your condition?
The bible said people were moved and started asking questions.

But something happened and Naomi in response in verse 20 said to them “ Do not call me Naomi ( To her Naomi meant something nice, good and noble), Call me Mara ( Bitterness) for the Almighty has dealt bitterly with me.

---Notice the emphasis she laid here “ For the Almighty has...” Her life circumstances has led her to complain bitterly against God.

She didn't stop here but she went further in verse 21 and said “ I went out full and the Lord has brought me home again empty, why then call me Naomi seeing the lord has TESTIFIED against me and the almighty has AFFLICTED me----Very touching.

Here is a woman complaining so bitterly against God due to circumstances inn her life because she thinks all hopes are lost.
Has Circumstances in your life ever made you to complain bitterly against God? Has life situation made you blame God in anyway?

Like seriously I did with tears � running down my eyes that day I stop reading my daily devotion book anything concerning God I don't wanna hear it..I said if he wants to see me suffer let me suffer
I even did it yesterday also too ��
They are some situation someone should have pass but you keep seeing your self in that situation
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Awoleesu(m): 12:02pm On May 23, 2021
It is very easy to complain and query God if your entire life and success depends on Him.
For instance, if you believed your academic success, financial achievements, marital success, successful parenting etc are all absolutely attributed to God and Him alone. So, when things begin to turn bad - recalled certificates, obliterated field of study, financial meltdown, troubled marriage, wayward kids etc, it will only be instinctive to turn to your perceived source of the good times intent to knowing why calamity has supplanted your blessings!

For the irreligious, change is often expected and prepared for. So, when the tide turns ill, they tend to be empirical and logical in their approach to hard times. They look into the situation with an unemotional sense to resolving the problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Johel(m): 12:05pm On May 23, 2021
Ctorch:

Has Life Circumstances Made you complain bittter against God? Is what you are passing through in this life made you complain bittterly against God even to the extent of changing your name.

Let's look at an old testament figure in Ruth chapter one about a woman called Naomi. Naomi left Bethlehem Judah to Moab with her husband and two sons Mahlon and Chilon and there in foreign land the husband and two sons died-- Such a predicament befalling a woman at her age but something happened.

When Naomi began to sojourn back from Moab and if you read Ruth 1 vs 19 “ So they two went until they came to Bethlehem. And it came to pass when were come to Bethlehem that all the CITY WAS MOVED ABOUT THEM AND THEY SAID, IS THIS NAOMI?

5. Is this how this woman Naomi that left Bethlehem with her husband and two sons nows looks like?

But something happened and Naomi in response in verse 20 said to them “ Do not call me Naomi ( To her Naomi meant something nice, good and noble), Call me Mara ( Bitterness) for the Almighty has dealt bitterly with me.

---Notice the emphasis she laid here “ For the Almighty has...” Her life circumstances has led her to complain bitterly against God.

She didn't stop here but she went further in verse 21 and said “ I went out full and the Lord has brought me home again empty, why then call me Naomi seeing the lord has TESTIFIED against me and the almighty has AFFLICTED me----Very touching.

Here is a woman complaining so bitterly against God due to circumstances inn her life because she thinks all hopes are lost.
Has Circumstances in your life ever made you to complain bitterly against God? Has life situation made you blame God in anyway?

God is too merciful...I have made harsh utterances towards him when i was in a very terrible state of mind...but he kept proving to me that he's God....So now, whatever happens,I believe it's for a reason best known to God.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Osaze456: 12:07pm On May 23, 2021
see below

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Kingstanding: 12:14pm On May 23, 2021
johncallidon:

Now what's the difference between religion and tradition and Culture.
. Jesus Christ was never a religious man or traditional man and culture man. He only came to the world to preach the kingdom of his father which is God. Jesus Christ is neither a religious man nor Christian. He was a natural man when he was on Earth.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Josywhyte: 12:15pm On May 23, 2021
Yeah it has....won't lie on that

1 Like

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:17pm On May 23, 2021
MOST NIGERIANS ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE THEY LACK KNOWLEDGE,
MANY DONT GO CHURCH AGAIN BECAUSE THEIR GOVERNORS HAVE USED FEAR OF COVID PROTOCOLS TO CONDITION THEM LIVE LIKE PEAGANS
THEY HAVE BECOME SO GODLESSLY CORRUPT AND ABOMINABLY IMMORAL FROM SOCIAL MEDIA TO STATE MEDIA
THEY ARE SO COVETUOUS WITH QUESTIONABLE CHARACTER
THE MIX IDOL WORSHIPS WITH CHRISTIANITY IN PRAYERS PLACES
IDOL WORSHIPPERS ARE NEVER GONER HAVE PEACE OF GOD ALIMIGHTY
THEY WILL ALWAYS BE TROUBLED AND RETROGRESS DESPITE THEIR STEALING
THEY ARE DISORIENTED AND CANNOT THINK STRAIGHT AS SEEN IN EAST NAIJA
THEY DEPEND ON DRUGS LIKE YA MARIJUANA THEY WANNA FOOLISHLY LEGALZ IN NAS TO MAKE MORE PPL MAD

NIGERIA IS GOD'S OWN NATION ,THAT IS WHY IT'S GOD'S MERCY THAT HAS BEEN SUSTAINING NIGERIA TILL TODAY,DESPITE YOUR MISDEEDS
YOU DONT HAVE COMPLAINS AGAINST
YOU NIGERIANS FROM PREACHERS TO FOLLOWERS NEED TO STOP MIXING IDOL WORSHIP WITH CHRISTIANITY,QED angry
ENLIGHTENEMNT IS THE END OF SUFFERING.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 23, 2021
I have renounced religion.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by richmanrichard: 12:25pm On May 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
It is Always fools who complain.

God already told you that there are 2 lifes out there.

1) life under the Curse of hardship and difficulty, where everyone is! The wide road!

2) Life eternal of Blessings thank fullness, and very very few find it. The Narrow road!

Your Road your choice and it is wickedness to bring God into a matter He has Already solved but you do not want to take the solution. How is it is fault?

And what is the solution?
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:32pm On May 23, 2021
richmanrichard:
And what is the solution?

Solution?

I did not see a problem before so I proposed no solution.

For everyone is willfully walking on the type of road that they like and wish to walk upon!
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 23, 2021
This is what I learnt today in church.....
EVEN IF MY FAITH FAILS, LORD LET YOUR HAND CARRY ME ON

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Emeka71(m): 12:39pm On May 23, 2021
No way.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 23, 2021
Menogetshishi:
This is what I learnt today in church.....
EVEN IF MY FAITH FAILS, LORD LET YOUR HAND CARRY ME ON

Lol funny dude. You can try this game if you feel like: *Inter...straight win
*Arsenal....draw no bet
*Chelsea.....draw no get
Good luck
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Kroos205: 12:57pm On May 23, 2021
yh, at some point i will say olorun ori e ti daru o. kasha ma se astagifirulah
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 23, 2021
what is the point of worshiping and praying to a God who does not meet you at your point of need but prefers to meet you at his point of vision sometimes when you are aged and have a few years to live or after you are dead and gone to heaven (or hell)

The God of this world is Satan and he shall meet you at your point of need for a price -nothing is Free, Christ died for your (not for free) so that you can be saved from Satan and worship God eternally to Infinity (that is your price)
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by drginger(f): 1:05pm On May 23, 2021
Yes!
In 2015 I was bitter against God, things were so hard in my family, there was sickness, lack and want. Everywhere I had hope to mk life better failed, one after the other the tins I was believing God for slipped my hands.
I looked at my prayer life and called it a waste.
I told God I wasn't going to ever pray again.
People I felt were less spiritual were sailing.
It was like I was fighting with God, I stopped praying completely. I jus told myself what ever would happen would happen and I won't be needing God. In my Words I said he was wicked.
But I stil attended Sunday services without concentrating, I jus dey look people wey dey sing dey jump, even one joy I no get.

When I got tired, I went back to God in tears, i had no choice, and indeed GOD is faithful!
I have grown in faith in this past years, I look back and see there was no reason for me to hv been really hopeless at that point in my life.
He is God in the valley and God on the mountain!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by DonCortino: 1:08pm On May 23, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Don't be bro embarassed

God knows everything we are going through at this very moment and everything we will go through in the future. He knows the best way to handle every situation so we get the best possible outcome and we need to trust him with that. We need to follow his path and trust that he knows best, because he does.

how many years?
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by GorillaApp(m): 1:17pm On May 23, 2021
BianoJay:
I totally got wrathful at God when my mum died and even vowed never to worship him, that was on the 5th of February 2021, and then my died now died on the 28th of February....buried them the same day....

Still serving God sha, I no get choice.
God mercy and grace envelope you. Thank you for not leaving his presence.
God views death differently from us. He sees it as transition from one phase to another; death is just a portal.
He never loses sight of the person. He sees him/ her while the person is in the flesh and still continues to see the person in his/her spirit form. We don't experience it that way.
We need to understand this.

1 Like

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by FA13(m): 1:24pm On May 23, 2021
Cast down but not destroyed.
You'll rise again, no matter what.

1 Like

Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Sajio(m): 1:24pm On May 23, 2021
All we need is patients and believe more on God our Creator... There was a time I was almost giving up on God until I was open to his words and I started seeing things differently and I keep regretting not knowing God as I do now..... Thru is teachings have come to believe that every tight phase in anyone's life either makes u or destroys you, and it all depends on who u associate with. I believe if Naomi has kept her faith still on God, God would have blessed her much more than she expected #sara... I stumbled unto my prayer points 10years ago and was so amazed how God have answered all I wrote down as a request... We must stop comparing ourselves to others and be content and focus on our needs.... God is too faithful to fail, he own us all... I will never curse nor leave him. Serving him has always been the best experience of my life... Godbless bless us all in Jesus name.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Casham: 1:27pm On May 23, 2021
I think that's me. I will soon come back to read all the comments and replys. But for now, I can't really say I still believe in God any longer because, even if He exists, He never showed He believed in Me. I have cried and fasted and begged Him to, at least, show He can hear me or He is there; He never did. He left Me alone. He betrayed all the trust I ever put in Him. Why is He always silent? I am tired of making excuses for Him and hearing all the excuses People make for Him. Let Him speak for Himself. I have honest doubts on a lot of things but He still refused to help me out. I can't start relating the hell I went through and yet He didn't lift a finger. I saw others went through worse and He still didn't help. I knew I can't depend on Him any longer because, as usual, He will be silent. With all my struggles in school and good grades, I still couldn't graduate. God wouldn't help me raise [common] N100K to pay off a final year fee, yet He claim to own all the gold and the silver. Yet He claims "Father".
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by BigDawsNet: 1:34pm On May 23, 2021
DonCortino:

how many years?

God answers every single one of your prayers!” It's just that His answer is one of three: yes, no, or wait.

I remember I have asked God couple of good things in the past and it dint come through...even tho I prayed like never before...

I cried and moved on...while my faith was strong...

Today I dint have all yet but I'm glad that God has not forgotten me...I got more than I prayed for....

Pls do not loose hope in God
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by DonCortino: 1:37pm On May 23, 2021
BigDawsNet:

God answers every single one of your prayers!” It's just that His answer is one of three: yes, no, or wait.

ok o, then lemmi continue vexing
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Angelmichael63: 1:40pm On May 23, 2021
God is always great and awesome in every thing.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by BigDawsNet: 1:42pm On May 23, 2021
DonCortino:

ok o, then lemmi continue vexing

You vex
You no vex

It doesn't affect him a bit....

So why don't u remove that vexing so when your angel is ready to settle you...he won't meet you
in a vexed mood and divert your blessings to someone else
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Myer(m): 2:02pm On May 23, 2021
Ctorch:

Why do we have our stories only from the bible.
I was hoping you would have a relatable story of someone who is presently living with verifiable story.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by Melancholy(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2021
At times, as a real child of him, when you question God, he responds so fast!. Jona's case.

But when you're far away from him, please l beg you, don't try it cos it's risky as one might not live to tell the story.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by sageb: 2:31pm On May 23, 2021
Ctorch:

I have looked up
I have prayed up
waiting to be called up
Lord, let your will be done.
Re: Has Life Circumstances Made You Complain Bitterly Against God? by ruffDiamond: 2:48pm On May 23, 2021
God is a white invention, a myth, a being whose real existence beyond what's written by men in bible and Koran.not even by the so called, self acclaimed God if men anywhere in the world..I just barely stop short of caliing it (why always Him and not Her?) A SCAM INVENTED BY MEN TO CONTROL OTHERS! I DUMPED BOTH USELESS RELIGION AND ITS STUPID UNPROVEN BELIEF manys ago and never look back..as for afterlife or hell or heaven? Iol,just invented hogwash to instill fear in people. Most of this so called clergymen/politiciansrichmen don't really believe in anything called God but money!and that's the only thing that can a difference in anyone's life o why you think them rogue pastors and bishops ,GOs dem no dey joke with tithes? Ask yourself that.if they are telling you they don't need your money now,that's cause they already MADE ENOUGH from their mumu sheepies over the years running into billions.. God does NOT EXIST..that's why people swear and call the name in vain without fear of consequences, let politician use Ogun or Sango shrine take oath of office and see how far..conclusion, I don't blame a God for anything cos I don't believe a God that control human affairs, destiny or fate whatever..3 othings control human which are also beyond human controlas well:1Opportunity2,luck ,and chance!even the Bible says ' Time and Chance happen to them all'for instance, it impossible to determine the kind of family you'll be born into,nobody knows that,not even God..it's pure lcombination of luck and chance.same for country or continent..that a new baby come to life at all is pure luck!and if you believe the cocck and bull story about biblical creation of human,then you are a three legged donkey!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atheists Express Their Rage Against God Although In Their View, He Doesn't Exist / Your Beliefs / What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.