Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God (8529 Views)

How Hurrying and Worrying Turns Humans Against God / Why Do People Lie Against God? / Ridiculous Arguments That Must End In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
I want to challenge myself to give an argument against god everyday for 30 days.

Feel free to join
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Ussycool: 10:38pm On Apr 17, 2020
You bah?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
ARGUMENT 1 (DAY-1 17/APRIL/20)
THE LACK OF EVIDENCE FOR GOD

This is the quintessential argument of the atheists. There exists no evidence for God.

We human beings are physical beings. We use our 5 senses to tell us what is real and what is not. It is a presupposition that our senses are trustworthy.

How can we vouch for a God that we cannot see, smell, touch, hear or taste? We can't use science to observe this god. How are we certain of his (or her) existence? No one knows what he looks like and no 2 people can give an accurate description for God

Furthermore, no one has been able to prove god. If anyone can prove god, the person will win a Nobel prize. But it is still yet to happen.

Also, what is now the difference between god and an imaginary character? Lets say a flying horse in space or a mythological god like Thor. What is the difference between god and these imaginary characters? Both have no evidence for them and they only live in the minds of their fans or followers.

[img]https://pics.me.me/404-error-god-not-found-11598663.png[/img]

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:25am On Apr 18, 2020
to argue a point, you first need to have people who can use their brain....xtian dont have brain and even if you prove to them that there is no god, there will still believe you are wrong.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 18, 2020
The the whole point of Christianity is believing without seeing with your physical eyes. The gospel of our Lord Jesus is not in words but in power.

Many who are true Christians will tell you they experienced something different. It is difficult to explain the experience of life.

I am a Christian, I have experienced the life of Jesus. I know it is true but to explain it to you with science and evidence, I cannot.

That is why it is called FAITH. I pray you find peace in your path.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Nobody: 5:55am On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
I want to challenge myself to give an argument against god everyday for 30 days.

Feel free to join
1.) I'd like to ask you this. Have you ever dreamt and do you believe people dream?
2.) Also do you ever think and do you believe people think?
3.) Do you imagine things and do you believe people can?
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 8:04am On Apr 18, 2020
RealMrNigerD:

1.) I'd like to ask you this. Have you ever dreamt and do you believe people dream?
2.) Also do you ever think and do you believe people think?
3.) Do you imagine things and do you believe people can?

1. People dream
2. People think
3. People imagine.

so?

8 Likes

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

1. People dream
2. People think
3. People imagine.

so?
Just wanna have a respectful exchange, ok. Let's start with dreams.
1) Can we neurophysiologically determine or establish dream content at all? If not, can we then deny the experience of dream content?
Take note, determination of REM is not an direct absolute neurophysiological determination of dream content itself

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 8:25am On Apr 18, 2020
ARGUMENT 2 (DAY-2 18/APRIL/20)
THE PARADOX OF OMNIPOTENCE

We agree that a "married bachelor" can not exist because it is contradictory and self-refuting. An omnipotent God is self-refuting and contradictory.

-omnipotence is the ability to do all things. To have all abilities
-However, some abilities are contradictory to each other, or some actions negate each other
-To sleep means you are not awake, for instance. You cant be asleep and awake at the same time.

God has the ability to live for ever. Eternal life. However, that means that he can not die and he doesn't have the ability to kill himself

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 8:30am On Apr 18, 2020
RealMrNigerD:

Just wanna have a respectful exchange, ok. Let's start with dreams.
1) Can we neurophysiologically determine or establish dream content at all? If not, can we then deny the experience of dream content?
Take note, determination of REM is not an direct absolute neurophysiological determination of dream content itself

Guy, you argument is taking too long to start.

Let me cut it short- you want to argue that SINCE WE CANNOT PROVE THE DETAILS OF OUR DREAMS, YET THEY EXIST, THEREFORE, ONE DOES NOT NEED TO PROVE THE DETAILS OF GOD.

If that is your argument, then it is weak. Our imaginations do not exist. It is just our brain creating abstract images from what we know. If your God is similar to imagination or dreams, then he is an abstract insignificance.

9 Likes

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Guy, you argument is taking too long to start.

Let me cut it short- you want to argue that SINCE WE CANNOT PROVE THE DETAILS OF OUR DREAMS, YET THEY EXIST, THEREFORE, ONE DOES NOT NEED TO PROVE THE DETAILS OF GOD.

If that is your argument, then it is weak. Our imaginations do not exist. It is just our brain creating abstract images from what we know. If your God is similar to imagination or dreams, then he is an abstract insignificance.

Hear yourself now my friend so you can see the disconnect in your logic.
You say a dream is the brain creating abstract images of nothingness. So, a brain, determinable matter, in an involuntary(while sleeping) flow of blood(scientificically determinable) produces a dream(not scientifically determinable) which we have no active part in making up.
1)If the above is true and you call this dream 'nothing', yet you are able to experience this nothing, then you are either a composition of nothing and something(0×1=0), which doesn't exist, a being with the ability partake in an a nothing realm and matter realm.
Or, there is just another dimension outside of this physical dimension that you are unable to determine.

2.)If the dream is a nightmare, it creates an involuntary fear in the perceiver(a child especially). This fear can lead to a scientificically determinable increase in heart pulsations in the body. All this achieved involuntarily and due only to the dream of 'nothingness'. Hence energy flow (pulse), was created by 'nothing'. First law of conservation broken. Isn't that so unscientific?

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 11:05am On Apr 18, 2020
RealMrNigerD:

Hear yourself now my friend so you can see the disconnect in your logic.
You say a dream is the brain creating abstract images of nothingness. So, a brain, determinable matter, in an involuntary(while sleeping) flow of blood(scientificically determinable) produces a dream(not scientifically determinable) which we have no active part in making up.
1)If the above is true and you call this dream 'nothing', yet you are able to experience this nothing, then you are either a composition of nothing and something(0×1=0), which doesn't exist, a being with the ability partake in an a nothing realm and matter realm.
Or, there is just another dimension outside of this physical dimension that you are unable to determine.

2.)If the dream is a nightmare, it creates an involuntary fear in the perceiver(a child especially). This fear can lead to a scientificically determinable increase in heart pulsations in the body. All this achieved involuntarily and due only to the dream of 'nothingness'. Hence energy flow (pulse), was created by 'nothing'. First law of conservation broken. Isn't that so unscientific?

I knew where your argument was going. There is nothing new in theology.

The point here is that dreams, nightmares and imaginations are all abstract images conjured by the physical brain.

The brain produces abstract images.the brain exists physically while the imagination is abstract.

This is why your nightmare argument is flawed. It is the brain that induces that fear THROUGH the Nightmare. The same would be true for a hallucination. The brain is conjuring abstract horrors. And whennyteating a child who is scared from nightmares, what does one do? One tells the child that the nightmares are not real, and also to stop watching horror movies.

10 Likes

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

I knew where your argument was going. There is nothing new in theology.

The point here is that dreams, nightmares and imaginations are all abstract images conjured by the physical brain.

The brain produces abstract images.the brain exists physically while the imagination is abstract.

This is why your nightmare argument is flawed. It is the brain that induces that fear THROUGH the Nightmare. The same would be true for a hallucination. The brain is conjuring abstract horrors. And whennyteating a child who is scared from nightmares, what does one do? One tells the child that the nightmares are not real, and also to stop watching horror movies.

1.)You seem like you're not paying attention to yourself. The brain from existence realm is linking up to non-existent realm. And you're even able to have memory of a non-existent realm. Explain that logically? Do you know that the universe is a closed system. Net flow of energy is constant- Law of thermodynamics.

2.)Secondly, you say the brain induces fear through the nightmare. You shoot yourself in the foot. Can the brain induce fear with nothing?

3.)Again, how can the brain induce anything at all. What caused the brain's inducement when you were sleeping?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 11:48am On Apr 18, 2020
RealMrNigerD:

1.)You seem like you're not paying attention to yourself. The brain from existence realm is linking up to non-existent realm. And you're even able to have memory of a non-existent realm. Explain that logically? Do you know that the universe is a closed system. Net flow of energy is constant- Law of thermodynamics.

2.)Secondly, you say the brain induces fear through the nightmare. You shoot yourself in the foot. Can the brain induce fear with nothing?

3.)Again, how can the brain induce anything at all. What caused the brain's inducement when you were sleeping?

Your questions have been answered. Reframing them will not change anything. God does not exist.

6 Likes

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Brunicekid(m): 11:53am On Apr 18, 2020
greatbygrace:
The the whole point of Christianity is believing without seeing with your physical eyes. The gospel of our Lord Jesus is not in words but in power.

Many who are true Christians will tell you they experienced something different. It is difficult to explain the experience of life.

I am a Christian, I have experienced the life of Jesus. I know it is true but to explain it to you with science and evidence, I cannot.

That is why it is called FAITH. I pray you find peace in your path.
Exactly...i hope the atheist @ OP come to the true knowledge of God Almighty, the all-powerful and all-knowing God.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 11:54am On Apr 18, 2020
Brunicekid:
Exactly...i hope the atheist @ OP come to the true knowledge of God.

Faith is the opposite of knowledge. It is ignorance by believing without evidence

1 Like

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:

Your questions have been answered. Reframing them will not change anything. God does not exist.

Lol. I thought as much. You know too well, your logic is incoherent and you can never straighten it up. Something produced nothing while you were sleeping from nothing and it led to something when you woke up?. Lol.
Goodluck with denial

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2020
RealMrNigerD:

Lol. I thought as much. You know too well, your logic is incoherent and you can never straighten it up. Something produced nothing while you were sleeping from nothing and it led to something when you woke up?. Lol.
Goodluck with denial

The brain produces something. Or maybe your brain is nothing.

The fact remains that the brain produces nightmares. It is capable of producing abstract images. End of story

1 Like

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
ARGUMENT 2 (DAY-2 18/APRIL/20)
THE PARADOX OF OMNIPOTENCE

We agree that a "married bachelor" can not exist because it is contradictory and self-refuting. An omnipotent God is self-refuting and contradictory.

-omnipotence is the ability to do all things. To have all abilities
-However, some abilities are contradictory to each other, or some actions negate each other
-To sleep means you are not awake, for instance. You cant be asleep and awake at the same time.

God has the ability to live for ever. Eternal life. However, that means that he can not die and he doesn't have the ability to kill himself
Yes He can to, all four
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
RealMrNigerD:
Hear yourself now my friend so you can see the disconnect in your logic

Welcome to the world of Jack Bizzle, aka Logicboy, aka a thousand other AWOL monikers
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Yes He can to, all four

How?

Kindly explain
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MacCantStopMe: 2:14pm On Apr 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Welcome to the world of Jack Bizzle, aka Logicboy, aka a thousand other AWOL monikers

Feel free to explain the disconnect in my logic.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 2:34pm On Apr 18, 2020
MacCantStopMe:
How?
Kindly explain
You earlier said, He is Omnipotent. Tantamount to mean, there is nothing He is unable to do. Even His "placeholder" name, talking of I AM I AM, that is, is self revealing in itself that He came do or be anything.

He shall be what He shall be, especially when and/or where necessary, lol

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Finstar: 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2020
RealMrNigerD:

Seems you have a lot to learn regarding to dreams.

Do you know that dogs can dream? Does that mean they have a soul or an afterlife based on your belief?

Dreams are mere abstract images, partly based on your daily experiences, life, visions, desire, fear, etc.

You can sleep and dream of about being a president. Probably because you've been nursing such a desire.

You can play cheese all day, and still see yourself doing such in a dream state.

You and your lots seem to link the dream state to a kinda spiritual dimension or alternate existence.

These are just neurons firing up and down in your brain. They don't prove the existence of anything.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 2:50pm On Apr 18, 2020
Finstar:

Do you know that dogs can dream? Does that mean they have a soul or an afterlife based on your belief?

Dreams are mere abstract images, partly based on your daily experiences, life, visions, desire, fear, etc.

You can sleep and dream of about being a president. Probably because you've been nursing such a desire.

You can play cheese all day, and still see yourself doing such in a dream state.

You and your lots seem to link the dream state to a kinda spiritual dimension or alternate existence.

These are just neurons firing up and down in your brain.
They don't prove the existence of anything.
[img]https://media./images/61456c75bda3cd6bde6db83a8bf9e148/tenor.gif[/img]
They dont? Really?
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Finstar: 2:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 2:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
Finstar:
Yes Sir/Madam
You DO dont know that, there's a strange similarity with the neurons in the brain and the galaxies in the universe, lol

PS: Typo corrected. Was meant to be DO & not DONT
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Finstar: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You dont know that there's a strange similarity with the neurons in the brain and the galaxies in the universe, lol

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even the nervous system looks like a Lightning
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by MuttleyLaff: 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2020
Finstar:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Even the nervous system looks like a Lightning
How?
I know there is ligthning going on in our brains,
so tell how does the nervous system looks like a Lightning then or even look like lightning sef grin grin grin
Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2020
I watched the Nairaland Religious section keep discussing other issues other than the stark FACT that all their pompous and arrogant claims of Healing Powers have all but failed to come to light at the greatest global opportunity to SHINE. all of them have been shut by COVID19.

No Healing Cancer, Diabetes, HIV/AIDS, Fibroids, Death, Blindness, Brokenness, Barrenness etc.. all of you and your supporters on Nairaland have continued to ignore reality as usual... when a vaccine is found you will all jump off your scammer-asses and claim God revealed it to one Christian Doctor who saved the world. Una try. - use these somber moments to reflect on your spiritual brain-cleansing instead

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Finstar: 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
How?
I know there is ligthning going on in our brains,
so tell how does the nervous system looks like a Lightning then or even look like lightning sef grin grin grin

See? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Challenge- 30 Days, 30 Arguments Against God by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 18, 2020
Finstar:

These are just neurons firing up and down in your brain. They don't prove the existence of anything.

Lol. You should be the one doing more critical thinking, my friend. Don't gulp in every science read on the net without your own critical analysis.
For one, MIT's Matt Wilson's hypothesis was a gross flouting of Occam's razor. I cannot establish with his results that dogs or rats dream. It could only end in an assumption. His results were kinda like: "A" happened when humans sleep, "A" happened when dogs sleep. Humans dream when they sleep therefore dogs dream. That's just weak with one too many leaps, my friend, because A may never have been responsible for the humans dreaming. Sadly, for now, only the dogs themselves can tell us if they dream.

Second, even if dogs dream, it wouldn't take a thing away from my argument. Because we cannot even tell whether or not a dog has a soul. What do we really know?

So then, let's stick to what we know for sure.
1) We dream. We even dream of things we never thought of as well as things we have and all kinds of funny things. Some get deja vus. Some even dream of future events. Point is do we see our dream content in the physical? Can we for this inability, deny the reality of the experience which we can even tell others.
2) If the dream experience is real enough to be recounted. Then how can it be nothing? You cannot be remembering 'nothing' else you're mad. Or do you remember '' '', huh? I'm sure you don't, because that's nothing. Neither can you be able to tell someone the 'nothing' you experienced.
3) If you think a dream is the firing up of your neurons. What caused the sudden 'firing up' when you were only sleeping and doing nothing?
4.) If a dream, like a nightmare is actually nothing, why do little kids get up scared and why would their heart beat faster when this happens. Is it nothing that caused something real in the body to happen?

Maybe I should move this on to consciousness, thoughts and imaginations too from here but first answer these.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Proverbs 20:30 - "Physical Beating Cleanses Away Evil. . ." / Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important / If Jesus Had Not Resurrected?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.