Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,592 members, 7,958,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:56 AM

What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding (220 Views)

The Dangers Of Leaning On Your Own Understanding / Today Is Pentecost Sunday.What Happened In Your Church? / PENTECOST : The Power And Unifying Force Of The Spirit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by IvarDboneless: 9:01am On May 23, 2021
“Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” - John 20:21-22

Happy Pentecost Sunday!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by Kobojunkie: 9:07am On May 23, 2021
IvarDboneless:
“Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you.” When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit.” - John 20:21-22

Happy Pentecost Sunday!
Another meaningless tradition of the churchians out there. undecided
Re: What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by chatinent: 9:18am On May 23, 2021
Some so-called Christians celebrate things they don't know... maybe because it was instilled in them from birth.
Re: What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by budaatum: 9:19am On May 23, 2021
Re: What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by budaatum: 9:26am On May 23, 2021
chatinent:
Some so-called Christians celebrate things they don't know... maybe because it was instilled in them from birth.

That may be true, though one should wonder how much of a Christian one is if one does not knock and ask and seek with all ones heart and soul and mind and being for the meaning of what was instilled in one from birth, because all religions are really about teaching how to love your fellow human being, to which everthing else is a mere footnote.

Re: What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by IvarDboneless: 10:00am On May 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Another meaningless tradition of the churchians out there. undecided
wink I was just like you in my 20's..but at least now I dey go church because God answers prayers..btw am not a pastor or Mr dogood but I do the right thing I believe is best here on Earth and in heaven...don't worry you'll come around someday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by IvarDboneless: 10:01am On May 23, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by Kobojunkie: 10:14am On May 23, 2021
IvarDboneless:

wink I was just like you in my 20's..but at least now I dey go church because God answers prayers..btw am not a pastor or Mr dogood but I do the right thing I believe is best here on Earth and in heaven...don't worry you'll come around someday
1. Your meaningless rituals do nothing for you where God is concerned and this mainly because God is honored ONLY when we submit to and obey that which He commands, not that which He never asked of us. undecided

2. You say you go to church, but God never commanded or asked you to do any such, so whatever meaning you get from that exercise also has nothing to do with God. Instead, your attending to such things because of doctrines and traditions of men, in fact works against you where God is concerned. See Mark 7 vs 1-23.

3. God did not call on you to doing what you think is right by earth and heaven.. again that is meaninglessness where God is concerned. God, instead,commands that you submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. Jesus Christ made that more than clear when He declared that those who infact love Him are those who obey His commandments. You speak of obeying your own philosophy rather than obeying God's direct commandments, do you somehow expect God to bend His rules in order to accommodate you? undecided

4. Even the unbelievers get their prayers answered God's mercy is not just poured out on the righteous. So don't be deceived into thinking that getting your prayers answered is sure sign you belong to God. undecided

Those who belong to God, again, according to Jesus Christ, are those who submit to and obey His commandments and it is inside out these that He and the Father come to make their home in. When God lives inside of you, you carry His presence with you everywhere you go. God does not live in your churches! undecided
Re: What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by IvarDboneless: 10:22am On May 23, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Your meaningless rituals do nothing for you where God is concerned and this mainly because God is honored ONLY when we submit to and obey that which He commands, not that which He never asked of us. undecided

2. You say you go to church, but God never commanded or asked you to do any such, so whatever meaning you get from that exercise also has nothing to do with God. Instead, your attending to such things because of doctrines and traditions of men, in fact works against you where God is concerned. See Mark 7 vs 1-23.

3. God did not call on you to doing what you think is right by earth and heaven.. again that is meaninglessness where God is concerned. God, instead,commands that you submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. Jesus Christ made that more than clear when He declared that those who infact love Him are those who obey His commandments. You speak of obeying your own philosophy rather than obeying God's direct commandments, do you somehow expect God to bend His rules in order to accommodate you? undecided

4. Even the unbelievers get their prayers answered God's mercy is not just poured out on the righteous. So don't be deceived into thinking that getting your prayers answered is sure sign you belong to God. undecided

Those who belong to God, again, according to Jesus Christ, are those who submit to and obey His commandments and it is inside out these that He and the Father come to make their home in. When God lives inside of you, you carry His presence with you everywhere you go. God does not live in your churches! undecided
Thank you... judgement awaits all of us someday at least...happy Pentecost Sunday..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by Kobojunkie: 10:29am On May 23, 2021
IvarDboneless:

Thank you... judgement awaits all of us someday at least...happy Pentecost Sunday..
Have you not heard? The Word of God is a consuming fire by which your works will be judged and every useless part will be burned with a fire that cannot be stopped- Matthew 3 vs 11 -12 ?

You every work will be judged by the very teachings of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law of the Kingdom of God - He is the standard where the Kingdom of God is concerned. His Kingdom is not of this world and so every standard that is of this world abounds in meaninglessness. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is Pentecost From Your Own Understanding by budaatum: 10:33am On May 23, 2021
IvarDboneless:

This is the true Spirit for the day. May others find the Grace and the Joy that you have found.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Pray And Receive A Miracle / Top Quotes By T.B Joshua Which Proves He Never Died / We Are All Guinea Pigs Of Takers And Decivers ( A Must Watch Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.