Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,576 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Nightmares From Childhood - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nightmares From Childhood (199 Views)

Most Of Us Who Don't Get Love From Childhood Becomes Miserable Adults / Who Else Has A Permanent Scar From Childhood And Where? / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nightmares From Childhood by soojar(m): 9:47am On May 23, 2021
Don't mind me guys, I just woke up this morning and remembered some of the memories of childhood, especially the punishment part

If you were born during this era of "child abuse this or that" you may not be able to relate to what I'm saying.

It is not even the punishment that actually gives the nightmare but the fear of the punishment. But today, you just remember some of these things and just start laughing on your own.

One particular one that stands out for me which I think is common to most guys from my era (mostly guys) is that, Your mother sent you to go grind pepper (as I said you will not relate if you were born in this era of blender becoming 'pure water'), you quickly carry the bucket of tomatoes and dashed to the grinding shop like a good boy that you are grin, there is every likelihood that you will meet other people there (most of the time na one grinding shop per 2 or 3 streets), you know what that means? drop your bowl, take your number and just move two buildings from where you are, or somewhere across the street, you must see a mini stadium there. Being the Ronaldo of that time or maybe Messi (nobody wants to be that man with no name that Best Ogedengbe used heavy shot to tear his stomach open shocked, well, maybe until Dodo Mayana Peter Rufai came to change that impression).

Well, back to my narration, you enter field of play, you dumped the first set, the second, maybe even the 3rd in the process winning the Pichichi award (everybody is a striker). Eventually, one particular set managed to oust your winning team, or you got a minor injury of cutting your toe which may sideline you for a few minutes to be attended to by the stadium doctor by rubbing sand on it or squeezing some leaf on the wound (chai! na God really dey take care of mad woman child o. If poison no kill us that time what is COVID-19).

You just remembered all of a sudden that in the midst of trying to bring glory to your street by wining as many sets as possible you have forgotten the bowl of pepper you came to grind. You quickly took off (please don't ask me how long I had been on that field of play, we no dey wear watch that time and handset was not an English word then).

My brothers and sisters, on reaching the grinding shop, you politely asked the woman for your pepper and she replied you 'your mother has come to carry it"

To be continued.....

1 Like

Re: Nightmares From Childhood by Franzinni: 9:57am On May 23, 2021
Golden... Took me back in time like a time capsule, Gone are those days when kids were kids. Kai

Make I park my 504 pull out a bottle of Dr pepper I need to drink to this!

(1) (Reply)

Strong Advice For Under 30s / Ways Co-parenting Can Become Detrimental To Kids / Start A POS Business To Sustain The Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.