Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,616 members, 7,955,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? (1229 Views)

President Buhari Names Federal Secretariat After Goodluck Jonathan / Northerner Threatens To Commit Suicide If Amaechi Fails To Contest For President / Uzodimma Names Federal Secretariat/PH Road After President Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by wwwihy: 10:34am On May 23, 2021
I will resign if Amaechi names federal project he brought to Rivers since 2015, says Wike....but wait?

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-will-resign-if-amaechi-names-federal-project-he-brought-to-rivers-since-2015-says-wike/

Before:
Honourable Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi with the Port Harcourt International Airport Manager, Engr. C. A. Nwobu, during the inspection of Port Harcourt International Airport on Thursday 8th March 2017.

https://www.nairaland.com/3672971/amaechi-inspects-port-harcourt-international-airport

1 Share

Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by wwwihy: 10:34am On May 23, 2021
New Terminal, Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa, under construction.

Work Progress: New Terminal, Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa, under construction by the CCECC. Sai Baba

See more photos on ….

President Muhammadu Buhari has arrived in Rivers State for the inauguration of the new international terminal at the Port Harcourt International Airport.

Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by wwwihy: 10:34am On May 23, 2021
Another Project:

Buhari Launches Eastern Rail Rehabilitation Project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObfbMMYvSQw

The Eastern corridor is a narrow-gauge rail track stretching from Port-Harcourt through the South-East, North Central and North-East, terminating in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.

Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi recently disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the extension of the corridor to Abakiliki and Awka, capitals of Ebonyi and Anambra states respectively.

With a total of 61 stations and passing loops, the project has a contract timeline of 36 months.

The China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, CCECC, is handling the project.

https://allafrica.com/stories/202103090454.html
Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by mrvitalis(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2021
wwwihy:
mmmm
The project was initiated by the good luck adminstration

He meant project ameachi brought to rivers

6 Likes

Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by wwwihy: 10:48am On May 23, 2021
Another Project:

Osinbajo Visits Bonny Island To Flag Off Road Project

The Vice President was accompanied by the Minister for Power, Babatunde Fashola, Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and Senator Magnus Abe.

According to the Vice President, “Bonny-Bodo road project is very important to us to Nigeria and this project is part of Niger Delta New Vision”.

“Bonny-Bodo road project is part of the unprecedented over N1.2trillion infrastructure spend of the Buhari administration

He also added that the Bonny-Bodo project is 40 years old, but was not implemented when Nigeria was making $100 per Barrel

The President, Muhammadu Buhari had promised to improve the lives of the Niger Delta people through the Bodo-Bonny road project flag off

The past administration could not achieve this with the huge oil revenue accrued then but the current oil price is percent less.

https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/12/osinbajo-visits-bonny-island-to-flag-off-road-project/

N120bn Bodo-Bonny road ready in 2022 – FG

The Federal Government has given an assurance that the N120bn Bodo-Bonny Road crisscrossing four local government areas of Rivers State will be ready in 2022.

The Director, Road Designs, Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, Omotayo Awosanya, who gave the assurance while inspecting the project last Friday, said funds had been made available to ensure that the road was delivered as scheduled.

Awosanya said the 37.9km project, traversing Bodo, Opobo and Andoni to Bonny Island, comprises 14 bridges – three and nine mini bridges.

“As you can see, 4.3 kilometres of the project has been asphalted, and the bridge at Alpha Creek has been completed. We have nine mini bridges, three major ones and a transition bridge that opens up Opodo channels.

“So far, the project accomplishments is 31 kilometres and we are believing that with the speed the contractor has put in of recent, the project will likely be delivered as scheduled,” he stated.

https://punchng.com/n120bn-bodo-bonny-road-ready-in-2022-fg/

Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by Sammy07: 10:52am On May 23, 2021
mrvitalis:

The project was initiated by the good luck adminstration

He meant project ameachi brought to rivers

He who completes a projects and He who initiate a project should be remembered.

But Nigerians and I prefer someone that completes a projects not abandoning a projects.

Everyone can initiate a project but not everyone can complete and not abandon it.

We should encourage continuity in Government
Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by DankemzI(m): 11:02am On May 23, 2021
Ameachi brought tears and sorrows to Obiigbo
Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by wwwihy: 11:04am On May 23, 2021
Another one on Refunds to Rivers State

https://thenewsguru.com/nigeria-news/wike-yet-to-receive-fgs-n78bn-projects-refund-fashola/

Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola on Saturday said Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has not yet received the N78 billion it spent on federal roads in the state from the Federal Government.

Fashola, who spoke at the commissioning of Rebisi Flyover in Rivers also clarified that the rumour that former Governor and Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi worked against the refund of monies due Rivers State for federal roads executed by the State Government was not true.

He said that Amaechi on the contrary, championed the fight for the refund due to the state.

“The Federal Government has paid over N725 billion to the 36 states of the federation as part of refund to the state government’s expenditures on federal roads in the states,” Fashola disclosed.
Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by wwwihy: 11:09am On May 23, 2021
Two Additional Projects by Amaechi brought to Rivers State

1.$462 million Bonny deep seaport
2.Construction of a railway industrial park in Port Harcourt

he Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi has announced that the FG has approved rehabilitation and reconstruction of the Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Railway for the sum of $3.02 billion.

The Minister disclosed this to reporters after the 18th virtual meeting of the Federal Executive Council on Wednesday.

Nairametrics reported last week that Amaechi said the $1.9billion Kano-Niger rail would enable Nigeria to service landlocked West African nations through the movement of cargoes to Lagos and also make Nigeria compete with other coastal West African nations.

In today’s statement, he said, “The Federal Executive Council today, approved the award of contract for the rehabilitation and reconstruction of the Port Harcourt to Maiduguri Eastern Narrow Gauge Railway, with new branch lines and trans-shipment facilities. It also approved the construction of a deep seaport in Bonny under PPP and construction of a railway industrial park in Port Harcourt. The railway line will be at the cost of $3,020,279,549. The industrial park, which is under PPP, at no cost to federal government, will cost $241,154,389.31. The Bonny deep seaport will cost $461,924,369, at no cost to the federal government.”

The reconstructed rail will have new lines from Bonny to Port Harcourt and Port Harcourt to Owerri.
Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by richidinho(m): 11:14am On May 23, 2021
grin

This wwwihy is a real Fuullish guy

Ranting up and down with projects that can only be seen on pages of newspaper

I don laugh tire grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by wwwihy: 11:30am On May 23, 2021
richidinho:
grin

This wwwihy is a real Fuullish guy

Ranting up and down with projects that can only be seen on pages of newspaper

I don laugh tire grin grin grin

Work in Progress Stage of Bonny Island Project

Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by wwwihy: 11:30am On May 23, 2021
Completion Stage of Bonny Island Project:

God Bless Me for countering the Governor of Rivers this morning grin grin grin grin grin grin

God Bless Minister Amaechi for bringing the Project and other projects mentioned above and numerous other ones to Rivers State
God Bless Babatunde Fashola for Implementing the Project
God Bless NLNG for Part Financing the Project
God Bless President Buhari for the Vision and fulfilling his campaign Promise to the good people of Rivers and Nigeria
God Federal Republic of Nigeria

Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by psucc(m): 11:55am On May 23, 2021
Some people are trivializing Wike's vow. I can swear that thisan has done a very thorough and thoughtful investigation and is 100% sure Amaechi has not drawn any single FG project to Rivers State since 2015.

Well it is left for Amaechi to prove otherwise.

1 Like

Re: I Will Resign If Amaechi Names Federal Project He Brought To Rivers...but Wait? by wwwihy: 2:42pm On May 23, 2021
psucc:
Some people are trivializing Wike's vow. I can swear that thisan has done a very thorough and thoughtful investigation and is 100% sure Amaechi has not drawn any single FG project to Rivers State since 2015.

Well it is left for Amaechi to prove otherwise.

(1) (Reply)

Imagine (photo) / Nnamdi Kanu Is The Enemy Of Anambra / How Obi Cubana Became A Billionaire ‘overnight'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.