Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 (905 Views)

Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 / NASCO Expands, Opens New Production Line In Jos / Nasco Group Chairman Dr. Attia Nasreddin Wins 2017 Abuja International Trade Fai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by rodeo0070(m): 10:49am On May 23, 2021
The founder of NASCO Group of Companies, Ahmed Nasreddin has died at the age of 96. The company headquartered in Jos was established by the deceased in 1963 and has produced household items feeding the Nigerian market and beyond.

The late Nasreddin was a visionary leader who established NASCO in Jos in 1963 as the first jute bag factory in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa, in response to the desire of the Nation’s founding fathers to meet the challenges for the effective bagging, storage and export of the large agricultural products from the country.

This vision saw the company growing from its little beginnings to become a major conglomerate with successful companies in manufacturing, real estate, hospitality and logistics, trading among others.

Reacting to the demise, Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong said the passing of the patriarch of the NASCO family is a great loss not only to the family but people of Plateau and Nigeria at large.

Lalong in a statement by his Director of Press and Public Affairs, Makut Macham said the late Nasreddin was a visionary leader who groomed his company from a little beginning to become a major conglomerate.

According to the statement, “Governor Simon Lalong has expressed the deep condolences of the people and Government of Plateau State to the NASCO family over the passing of the founder of the Nasco Group of Companies, Dr Ahmed Nasreddin who died at the age of 96.

Governor Lalong in a message of commiseration described the passing of the patriarch of the NASCO family as a great loss not only to the family but to people of Plateau State and Nigeria as a whole.”

“NASCO has over the years remained a major employer of labour in Plateau State and continues to contribute to the economic prosperity of the State and Nigeria at large through tax revenue and corporate social responsibility. Because of the faith that the late Nasreddin had in Plateau State, NASCO remained rooted in the State throughout the difficult moments when the State witnessed crises that affected its development.”

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2021/05/23/nasco-founder-ahmed-nasreddin-dies-96/

Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by mightyhaze: 10:49am On May 23, 2021
Nasco biscuits

King of biscuits..

80s advert

The man tried

2 Likes

Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by dalongjnr: 10:51am On May 23, 2021
RIP to him.
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by pdr122: 10:51am On May 23, 2021
life well lived
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by xpressionx(m): 10:55am On May 23, 2021
His best product was nasco biscuit.
The best wafers biscuit that year.
80's and 90's kids would understand

4 Likes

Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Romanoff(f): 10:56am On May 23, 2021
Mehn. This guy impacted my life so much.

Only corn flakes that me and my sisters can stand is Nasco.

We buy two cereals in my house cause I love Nasco, hubby can't stand it.

I remember when we bought Kellogg's corn flakes for my youngest sister to take to school thinking we were forming posh.

This girl got to school and traded her one Kellogg's for two Nasco Corn flakes.

From their soap to their cereal and biscuits.

The man definitely made an impact in many lives.

May his soul rest in peace.

4 Likes

Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 11:00am On May 23, 2021
Chaaiiii!!!
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Nokio1: 11:01am On May 23, 2021
Shrewd businessman to stay afloat from 1963 to this nexxxt level hell is not beans RIp..
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Northernblood3: 11:01am On May 23, 2021
This man is a Great man.

These are the people we should recognize as Heroes past. Not criminals like Yakubu Gowon , killers like Sarduana of Sokoto, Murtala Mohammed, e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by stonemasonn: 11:03am On May 23, 2021
Northernblood3:
This man is a Great man.

These are the people we should recognize as Heroes past. Not criminals like Yakubu Gowon , killers like Sarduana of Sokoto, Murtala Mohammed, e.t.c
I think he's Lebanese.
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Romanoff(f): 11:03am On May 23, 2021
Nokio1:
Shrewd businessman to stay afloat from 1963 to this nexxxt level hell is not beans RIp..

I'm telling you.
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Maxymilliano(m): 11:05am On May 23, 2021
NASCO, what an enduring legacy.

Farewell to a great man
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by DDDEnterprises: 11:06am On May 23, 2021
God rest his soul in bliss.
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by donbachi(m): 11:11am On May 23, 2021
I no fit forget wetin my grandma flog me cos of dis biscuit...she send Me to go buy maggi cube,i carry the remaining change buy nasco banana...aaah!
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Romanoff(f): 11:13am On May 23, 2021
stonemasonn:
I think he's Lebanese.

They are of Eritrean origin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by QuotaSystem: 11:13am On May 23, 2021
Rest in Peace to one of Africa's greatest industrialists.

A shining beacon of excellence for many decades. Dangote & BUA now have the baton.

If not for this man, millions of average Nigerians wouldn't have had access to affordable corn flakes and other confectioneries.
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by TheSparrow: 11:29am On May 23, 2021
May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by imagrg(m): 11:32am On May 23, 2021
You lived a full life.
R.I.P. Dad
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by DaddyRochie1642: 12:02pm On May 23, 2021
In primary school, i was even nicknamed "Nasco Biscuit" by my teacher and my classmates that time, I didn't joke with my Nasco Biscuit back in the days.... one of my primary school classmates saw me one time and was shouting "Nasco Biscuit, Nasco Biscuit" from his car repeatedly till I turned and saw him with a mischievous smile on his Face .... Fond memories grin grin

1 Like

Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 23, 2021
stonemasonn:
I think he's Lebanese.

Eritrean actually.
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 23, 2021
Romanoff:

They are of Eritrean origin.

Correct.
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 23, 2021
Nasco wafers... my uncles almost killed me with that thing.

Back in the 90s, their ads were all over TV. They took you right through the process as to how their products were made from scratch. I used to enjoy watching those ads back in the day. Corn-based. Maize, 100% grown in Nigeria- Plateau state to be precise.

Nasco is Nigeria's own version of Nabisco, I tell you.
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Olawalelead(m): 3:12pm On May 23, 2021
Rip Baba Nasco...
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 23, 2021
Takes me back to the good old days.
Re: NASCO Founder, Ahmed Nasreddin Dies At 96 by lazkizz(m): 5:10pm On May 23, 2021
Nasco has impact so many lives beyond Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Which Shipping Agent Can Ship My Goods From China To Nigeria / Experience With Altmall.ng / Can You Pay 200 Million Naira For This Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.