Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

What Edge Does Biafra Have In Succeed As A Nation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Edge Does Biafra Have In Succeed As A Nation? (509 Views)

What Does Biafra Mean In Igbo Language? / Quest For Biafra Have Suddenly Stopped because Of Dollarman / Ipob/Radio Biafra Have Once Again Proven That They Control Biafraland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Edge Does Biafra Have In Succeed As A Nation? by Authority1o1(m): 2:00pm On May 23, 2021
A question was asked on a platform I belong to. It says,

'What edge does Biafra have to blossom as a nation?'

Wait, like I said earlier, the preceding question and the succeeding answering article were culled. I don't need to put so much effort in indicating my ethnicity. Those who know me before now know where I hail from and my inclinations. So you can cut it down on the name calling. Mature contributions will do.

To proceed, from the first tool of indication of one's ethnicity, which is the name, an Igbo on the same platform writes a fairly lengthy reply to answer the question:

Survive is a very low bar though. Will the Eastern states “free” of Nigeria continue to exist, in spite of danger and or hardship? Sure, 40% chance.

A few things to note though: A rough calculation based on the most recent data I could find puts the Biafran GDP at $36,791 billion. The Igbo population, also based on the most recent data I could fine is 34 million. That would leave “Biafra” with a starting per capita GDP of $1,082. Congratulations on being the world’s 5th poorest country, a real stroke of genius. Ignore all those people telling you what a terrible idea it is, even the United States once had a per Capita GDP below $1500.

As for future prospects based on trade and a warm loving relationship between “Biafra” and her neighbours. I believe it was Chinua Achebe, a great son of the Igbo who said something along the lines that the one thing all Nigerian ethnic groups can agree on is a dislike for the Igbo. Let’s be honest here, given a chance to humiliate the Igbo, would the rest of Nigeria act like good Christians and Muslims should, or will it be the most popular policy since free education?

Now, the best way to avoid a trade blockade is by you know having something valuable to trade, what does “Biafra” have? Coal, crude oil? Well aside from coal literally being at present the world’s most “taboo” resource, what with its pollution and the knock down effect on the health of the populace, its prices are dropping. Indulge me a little digression.

I believe a lot of Nigerians have a rather rosy view of resources. When Nigerians hear gold, crude oil and coal, they think:
(Writer attaches a picture of dollars flying all over the place)

In reality, it’s more:
(Writer attaches a picture of a dilapidated Niger Delta with crude oil mess very visible)

The writer says:
P.S, combining the last image with the country’s most erosion prone region…what could go wrong? Things the world’s 5th poorest country can’t afford to fix.
( An image of an unknown road gradually eroding follows. Probably of an Eastern State )

Anyways, Nigeria will see…coal, and raise you things like I dunno, food!

I’d like to remind everybody that places like Enugu isn’t Lagos, where you can just sink a borehole anywhere, most of the region is water-scarce.

Ohh, almost forgot, palm fruit…palm fruit!!! Jesu! Come on, leaving outside little things like how you’d have to undercut prices to claim market share or how no nation should have exploiting palm fruit as the corner-stone of its development plan, the rest of Nigeria would simply go, hey nice palm fruit you have here, how exactly are you getting it out again?

All of the above bring me to a simple point, one Trotsky made a long time ago, “You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you”. Forget all this talk of “peaceful separation”, that is not the logic of state relations. Most people do not want war, war simply follows its own logic.

What leverage does “Biafra” have over Nigeria, why should Nigeria not tighten the screws?
Why should the Niger-Delta states join “Biafra” rather than I don’t know, forming their own country, and keeping their oil and future tax reciepts from allowing “Biafran” exports?
So “Biafra” will consist of the nucleus of South-Eastern states, the world’s 5th poorest country. What are the leaders who promised prosperity likely to do, accept responsibility or blame Nigeria?
Will “Biafra”, whose whole reason for existence is to prevent the “marginalisation” of the Igbo, ignore the “marginalisation of Igbo minorities outside Biafra territories?
Look at those, tell me what other option is left?

It’s not like Europe and Asia have lost hundreds of millions of their people proving that states based on ethnic chauvinism are a terrible idea.

A subject often ignored on this topic is the reaction of Igbo “Nigerians”. You know the ones who weren’t born in the South-East, who were bullied for speaking the language “wrong”, “worse”, some of them would have married Nigerians. What happens to them? I mean, it’s not like we have real-life examples of how people react when forced to prove their loyalties.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team is an of the , part of the . The regiment was a fighting unit composed almost entirely of (mostly from Hawaii) who fought in . Most of the families of mainland Japanese Americans were confined to in the United States interior. Beginning in 1944, the regiment fought primarily in during World War II, in particular , , and .

The 442nd Regiment was the most decorated unit for its size and length of service in the history of American warfare.

“Biafra” will get its 40% chance to march to greatness from the world’s 5th poorest country to its richest and most technologically advanced, making all those doubters and haters eat their words, depending on how fast the UN can get here.

Your submission,please.
Re: What Edge Does Biafra Have In Succeed As A Nation? by SureDesign: 2:06pm On May 23, 2021
Ok
Re: What Edge Does Biafra Have In Succeed As A Nation? by Authority1o1(m): 2:07pm On May 23, 2021
Re: What Edge Does Biafra Have In Succeed As A Nation? by colonelwealth(m): 12:04am On Jul 12
Authority1o1:
A question was asked on a platform I belong to. It says,

'What edge does Biafra have to blossom as a nation?'

Wait, like I said earlier, the preceding question and the succeeding answering article were culled. I don't need to put so much effort in indicating my ethnicity. Those who know me before now know where I hail from and my inclinations. So you can cut it down on the name calling. Mature contributions will do.

To proceed, from the first tool of indication of one's ethnicity, which is the name, an Igbo on the same platform writes a fairly lengthy reply to answer the question:

Survive is a very low bar though. Will the Eastern states “free” of Nigeria continue to exist, in spite of danger and or hardship? Sure, 40% chance.

A few things to note though: A rough calculation based on the most recent data I could find puts the Biafran GDP at $36,791 billion. The Igbo population, also based on the most recent data I could fine is 34 million. That would leave “Biafra” with a starting per capita GDP of $1,082. Congratulations on being the world’s 5th poorest country, a real stroke of genius. Ignore all those people telling you what a terrible idea it is, even the United States once had a per Capita GDP below $1500.

As for future prospects based on trade and a warm loving relationship between “Biafra” and her neighbours. I believe it was Chinua Achebe, a great son of the Igbo who said something along the lines that the one thing all Nigerian ethnic groups can agree on is a dislike for the Igbo. Let’s be honest here, given a chance to humiliate the Igbo, would the rest of Nigeria act like good Christians and Muslims should, or will it be the most popular policy since free education?

Now, the best way to avoid a trade blockade is by you know having something valuable to trade, what does “Biafra” have? Coal, crude oil? Well aside from coal literally being at present the world’s most “taboo” resource, what with its pollution and the knock down effect on the health of the populace, its prices are dropping. Indulge me a little digression.

I believe a lot of Nigerians have a rather rosy view of resources. When Nigerians hear gold, crude oil and coal, they think:
(Writer attaches a picture of dollars flying all over the place)

In reality, it’s more:
(Writer attaches a picture of a dilapidated Niger Delta with crude oil mess very visible)

The writer says:
P.S, combining the last image with the country’s most erosion prone region…what could go wrong? Things the world’s 5th poorest country can’t afford to fix.
( An image of an unknown road gradually eroding follows. Probably of an Eastern State )

Anyways, Nigeria will see…coal, and raise you things like I dunno, food!

I’d like to remind everybody that places like Enugu isn’t Lagos, where you can just sink a borehole anywhere, most of the region is water-scarce.

Ohh, almost forgot, palm fruit…palm fruit!!! Jesu! Come on, leaving outside little things like how you’d have to undercut prices to claim market share or how no nation should have exploiting palm fruit as the corner-stone of its development plan, the rest of Nigeria would simply go, hey nice palm fruit you have here, how exactly are you getting it out again?

All of the above bring me to a simple point, one Trotsky made a long time ago, “You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you”. Forget all this talk of “peaceful separation”, that is not the logic of state relations. Most people do not want war, war simply follows its own logic.

What leverage does “Biafra” have over Nigeria, why should Nigeria not tighten the screws?
Why should the Niger-Delta states join “Biafra” rather than I don’t know, forming their own country, and keeping their oil and future tax reciepts from allowing “Biafran” exports?
So “Biafra” will consist of the nucleus of South-Eastern states, the world’s 5th poorest country. What are the leaders who promised prosperity likely to do, accept responsibility or blame Nigeria?
Will “Biafra”, whose whole reason for existence is to prevent the “marginalisation” of the Igbo, ignore the “marginalisation of Igbo minorities outside Biafra territories?
Look at those, tell me what other option is left?

It’s not like Europe and Asia have lost hundreds of millions of their people proving that states based on ethnic chauvinism are a terrible idea.

A subject often ignored on this topic is the reaction of Igbo “Nigerians”. You know the ones who weren’t born in the South-East, who were bullied for speaking the language “wrong”, “worse”, some of them would have married Nigerians. What happens to them? I mean, it’s not like we have real-life examples of how people react when forced to prove their loyalties.

The 442nd Regimental Combat Team is an of the , part of the . The regiment was a fighting unit composed almost entirely of (mostly from Hawaii) who fought in . Most of the families of mainland Japanese Americans were confined to in the United States interior. Beginning in 1944, the regiment fought primarily in during World War II, in particular , , and .

The 442nd Regiment was the most decorated unit for its size and length of service in the history of American warfare.

“Biafra” will get its 40% chance to march to greatness from the world’s 5th poorest country to its richest and most technologically advanced, making all those doubters and haters eat their words, depending on how fast the UN can get here.

Your submission,please.

Nice one O.P but some of your points weren't clear enough.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Gunmen Abduct Over 200 Students In Niger State School / Dino Melaye To Buhari, Return Us Back To Where You Picked Us / More Trouble As Facebook Deletes Buhari’s Post Against South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.